Now reading - Page 177 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Discuss literary and artistic creations, or post your own poetry, essays etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Potemkin
I found this on t'internet, and I just thought I would share it.... :)

By fuser
It seems like I will have to make notes for this one.
By Potemkin
fuser wrote:It seems like I will have to make notes for this one.

Nah, just read it twice. Lol.
By Pants-of-dog
Most sci-fi authors simply have cool sciency ideas, and are decent writers, but are not good writers.

Iain M. Banks was a very good writer.
By skinster
Re-read James Baldwin's The Fire Next Time because it's great and because I wanted something slim/small for a recent trip to London. Today I started the Why We Sleep book written by a neuroscientist that I mentioned in my last post, hopefully it'll encourage me to sleep more, even though I feel like right now I sleep the most I've ever done (7-9 hours, usually broken about once/twice tho). Alongside that I bought Bell Hook's All About Love and Youssef El-Gingihy's How to Dismantle the NHS in 10 Easy Steps (which I'll likely read over the weekend as it's another slim book that won't take too much space on my travels).
By Wellsy
Am listening to Joe Abercrombie audibooks.
Finished Half a King and now listening to its sequel Half a War in his Shattered Sea series.

Keen to finish it and also listen to the beginning of his new series The Age of Madness, with Steven Pacey narrating again!
By Drlee
"A Colossal Failure of Common Sense: The Inside Story of the Collapse of Lehman Brothers"

by Larry McDonald.

Amazing story. Well written.
By Heisenberg
Halfway through re-reading Lord of the Rings.

Separately, I also took out a Comixology trial to read Watchmen, Sandman and Swamp Thing, which I'm sure will make @Potemkin a happy bunny.
By Pants-of-dog
The Supernova Era by Cixin Liu, best known for his Remembrance of Earth’s Past trilogy.

Quite nationalist, like Chinese sci-fi movies are right now.
By Godstud
Had a good read.

I read the book in record time. Entertaining and easy to read.
By ThirdTerm

Watergate journalist Bob Woodward’s new book, FEAR: Trump in the White House. I remember writing an academic paper about Bush's wars based on his previous book: Bush at War (2002).
By skinster
Last book I read was Cloudsplitter by Russel Banks, about John Brown. It was excellent.

Currently reading Open Veins of Latin America. That guy writes really great but godamn I've wanted to vomit at bits I've read in that book.
By colliric

Good book about Josephus and the death(since that's an adequate description) of the Second Jewish Temple.
By Godstud
New book.
By Wellsy
Just started with THE TEACHING ABOUT EMOTIONS Historical-Psychological Studies - Lev Vygotsky

I believe it is going to help me greatly in considering the nature of emotions and help theoretically integrate it into consideration of the whole of a personality/psychology.
Rather than a rationalism of the intellect, the why of why we do anything finds its motive force in affect and the nature of emotion is curious one in trying to delinate its exact nature and development.
By Thunderhawk
Finished Atwood's The Handmaids tale and its sequel the Testaments.
Peter F Hamilton's Salvation.

Would like to start the Tempest (Shakespeare) some time soon.
By late
skinster wrote:
Currently reading Open Veins of Latin America. That guy writes really great but godamn I've wanted to vomit at bits I've read in that book.

Took a class on the history of Latin and South America.

We have a long history of abusing and exploiting those countries.
By RhetoricThug
late wrote:Took a class on the history of Latin and South America.

We have a long history of abusing and exploiting those countries.
Ever read John Perkins Confessions of an Economic Hitman?
By late
RhetoricThug wrote:
Ever read John Perkins Confessions of an Economic Hitman?

Glanced at it, that's a perennial, 2 or 3 times a decade you'll see a book like that.

In my opinion, masculinity has declined for all of[…]

This is ridiculous. Articles showing attacks on s[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

It is easy to tell the tunnel was made of pre fab […]

Pretty clear France will be taking a leading role […]