The important bit happened after Roger Stone was convicted - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15067068
late wrote:Love the projection. You calling me a radical. A radical is someone that advocates extreme change. That's what you and Trump are actually doing...

Throwing an accusation is insufficient. You need to back it up. And like 99% of your statements, I am guessing you have squat.

Btw, so does the judge:

""The fact that the juror was just one of these approximately 1,400 lawyers (at the IRS) does not begin to establish the sort of inherent bias that should have prompted the Court to strike (the person) in its discretion," Jackson wrote last week.
Because of the juror's "testimony and demeanor" and the process the court used to select jurors at Stone's trial, "the Court finds in its discretion that it was not necessary to strike the juror for alleged bias or for failure to follow the Court's instructions. The defense has not presented grounds for a new trial ... or any reason to believe there has been 'a serious miscarriage of justice.' "

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/12/politics/judge-denies-roger-stone-request-new-trial/index.html

Judge Jackson has already demonstrated bias against Roger Stone, so I am not at all confident that she will do the right thing without some pressure and it certainly will not come from the left-wing media or the Democrats.

Of course, you are a left-wing radical. Your left leaning political bias is clear from everything you post. Your views are so far to the left that I probably seem like a right-wing radical to you. However, I am actually a moderate or center conservative.
Praise the Lord.
#15067122
Finfinder wrote:
Sex offender and friend of the Clinton's Anthony Wiener got less than 21months and you all think Stone should get 9 years for lying. Sure OK this is an objective discussion.



Again, the prosecutors did a 36 page memorandum laying out step by step how they followed the sentencing guidelines to the letter.

To give you an idea how stupid this is, When Sessions was AG, he set a new policy that prosecutors should push for the maximum sentence. They did not do that.
#15067123
Hindsite wrote:
Judge Jackson has already demonstrated bias against Roger Stone, so I am not at all confident that she will do the right thing without some pressure and it certainly will not come from the left-wing media or the Democrats.




Until this moment, Republicans were praising her because she had earlier ruled against Bill Clinton.

She bent over backwards trying to be fair. Stone posted a pic of her with crosshairs. A lot of judges would revoke bail over that, and that's not the only time he acted badly.

What is hideous about your comments is that justice is supposed to be executed "without fear or favor". IOW, not political, and this crisis screams political.
#15067138
late wrote:You keep arguing he's a dictator.

If that's your definition, he is a dictator. Get used to it--although you are older than me--because that is the nature of executive power.

late wrote:As if that did not make it clear enough that prosecution was not a core presidential function...

It is presidential power. It is Trump's power, just as it was Obama's power when he was thwarting fast-n-furious...

late wrote:the position of attorney general was not originally conceived as prosecutorial in nature

who cares?

late wrote:You write fiction.

You agree with me wholeheartedly, while pretending not to. How do I disagree with that?

late wrote:Love the projection. You calling me a radical.

You purport to be a progressive. Are you running from that now? Will you be discomfited when Trump blows the establishment away?

Finfinder wrote:Sex offender and friend of the Clinton's Anthony Wiener got less than 21months and you all think Stone should get 9 years for lying. Sure OK this is an objective discussion.

This is why the Democrats are coming unwound. They cannot sustain their moral attack anymore.

late wrote:Again, the prosecutors did a 36 page memorandum laying out step by step how they followed the sentencing guidelines to the letter.

And then they scurried like rats from a sinking ship!

Losing @late . You're going to lose badly.
#15067142
Perfect review with style:

It’s not every day that a degenerate former swinger and serial scumbag who built a career based on a single line of bullshit and self-fellation so constant and vigorous that it is practically a yogic art form stands before the bar of justice, but here we are. Roger Stone is, as he loves to be, in the center of a national political scandal, and with his sentencing approaching in just days, Stone hoped the Trump “Justice” Department would save him from a well-deserved sentence of seven to nine years in prison.

Stone earned the recommended sentence not because he is a Trump ally, but because he threatened witnesses, lied to the court and to the House of Representatives, and got caught. Worst of all, he threatened Judge Amy Berman-Jackson online, defied various gag orders, and engaged in his usual rat-fuckery. He made the mistake of thinking that Judge Berman-Jackson is as gullible as the claque of hangers-on, wanna-be catamites, and scumbag errand boys with whom Stone usually surrounds himself.


Horseshit. The sentence Stone faced was appropriate because his actions weren’t simply a criminal — and criminally stupid — defense of the president. They were just one part of a wider assault from the transparently corrupt Trump-Barr kleptocracy on the entire administration of justice in the United States. William Barr, who has taken on the role of Trump’s family attorney, put his greasy thumb on the scale this week, demanding the U.S. attorneys in the case reduce Stone’s recommended sentence.

It led to the withdrawal of all four of the prosecutors, and the resignation of one. Barr’s bull-in-a-china-shop efforts on Stone’s behalf were comically absurd, driven by a Trump tweet, and will no doubt land him in front of congressional committees for a full political rectal exam in the immediate future.

But they were also par for the course in his role as the chief enabler and defender of this president. Barr has been systematically choking out every investigation of the Trump administration since he killed off Bob Mueller, and has no intention of stopping.

Like Trump, Barr is unbound, uncontrolled, and has no fear of congressional power. He doesn’t care about the scummy appearance of his actions; it’s a feature of Trumpism that anyone engaging in any action defending this president will be praised for it on the presidential Twitter feed and on the Presidential News Channel. The shamelessness is a feature, not a bug.

As Trump seeks to settle scores, terrify future witnesses, and generally act out all the fantasies in his authoritarian spank bank, Barr is his chief fluffer. Trump’s fantasy of having another Roy Cohn has come to life, with all of Cohn’s mendacity and amorality, but in a size 54 stout from Men’s Wearhouse.

Stone deserved everything in the first sentencing memo. Every minute. He deserves to be dragged from the courtroom in shackles and issued his itchy, federal-prison poly-cotton orange scrubs. Karmically, he deserves it because he was one of Trump’s lifelong enablers, and because once Trump was elected, Stone trafficked in the most lunatic and corrosive conspiracy theories under the sun. Stone’s gift for sleaze-bag political tactics was always that — tactical. He was great at piling on a wounded victim (see Elliot Spitzer), but it was Trump who kept Stone afloat for decades.


Cut to pieces by a former Republican campaign official.
Last edited by redcarpet on 14 Feb 2020 10:36, edited 1 time in total.
#15067155
blackjack21 wrote:
1) If that's your definition, he is a dictator. Get used to it--although you are older than me--because that is the nature of executive power.


2) It is presidential power.


3) You purport to be a progressive. Are you running from that now? Will you be discomfited when Trump blows the establishment away?







1) The Supreme Court does not agree. Psst, they have the last word on the subject...

2) As I pointed out already, that's fiction. Really stupid fiction. You can't have Rule of Law without an independent justice system. If it's not independent, you have authoritarian rule at the least, and a dictator at the worst. Given what Trump says and does, he doesn't settle for most of the cake, he wants it all.

3) You are implying I want a dictator. Progressives have always wanted the people to have the power. By giving Blacks the vote, by giving women the vote, by making voting fair, by busting up monopolies, and more. The more power that is concentrated in the hands of the few, the worse off it gets for everyone else.
#15067189
late wrote:Again, the prosecutors did a 36 page memorandum laying out step by step how they followed the sentencing guidelines to the letter.

To give you an idea how stupid this is, When Sessions was AG, he set a new policy that prosecutors should push for the maximum sentence. They did not do that.


I don't know about that. I assume your topic is trying to get ahead of the obvious two tier justice system. Your side makes it so easy for Trump to crush your arguments. All you need to do is list all of the leftist liars like Brennan, Schiff, Comey, McCabe, Hillary Clinton, Eric Holder, Jame Clapper, and Lynch who are proven liars under oath. Many more. Then show the Trump associates who were actually prosecuted for process crimes from a very partisan fake Russian hoax. The average person sees this 2 tier tier justice system ( one for Democrats and a different one for Republicans) clear as day. They are simply tired of it.. Will registering as a Republican someday automatically land you in jail? If people like you were in charge I would hate to see what would happen. In any case I don't se where you have made any dent in this argument with this topic.

BTW Did you know the trial is tainted? Or do you not care because Stone is a Trump supporter and a Republican?

https://thefederalist.com/2020/02/13/ju ... on-hoaxer/


Social media posts from the lead juror in the Roger Stone trial, who is “standing up” for the four prosecutors who withdrew from the case this week, reveal she was a perpetuator of the grand Russian collusion conspiracy theory in addition to showing an obvious bias against Stone.

In March of 2019, Tomeka Hart tweeted about the Mueller indictments which, at the time, included Stone.

“Ignoring the numerous indictments, guilty pleas, and convictions of people in 45’s inner-circle, some Republicans are asserting that the Mueller investigation was a waste of time because he hasn’t found evidence,” Hart wrote on Twitter sharing from a now-deleted Facebook post.


Tomeka Hart
@hartformemphis
Ignoring the numerous indictments, guilty pleas, and convictions of people in 45’s inner-circle, some Republicans are asserting that the Mueller investigation was a waste of time because he hasn’t found evidence of...

25
10:12 AM - Mar 24, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
319 people are talking about this
Two months earlier, she even tweeted about Stone’s arrest and posted an article laying out Stone’s indictment.


Shem Horne
@Shem_Infinite
· Feb 13, 2020
Replying to @Shem_Infinite and 2 others
More about Mueller:

View image on Twitter

Shem Horne
@Shem_Infinite
The article she links to, here's The Wayback Machine screenshot of it from the day she tweeted it out. It had all the info about Roger Stones indictment in it: https://web.archive.org/web/20190125160 ... estigation
#15067192
Finfinder wrote:
I don't know about that. I assume your topic is trying to get ahead of the obvious two tier justice system.



You are projecting again.

You really ought to be less obvious about it.. Trump is using justice to try and protect Stone, and he wants to use it to punish political opponents.

There's your two tier system.
#15067194
late wrote:You are projecting again.

You really ought to be less obvious about it.. Trump is using justice to try and protect Stone, and he wants to use it to punish political opponents.

There's your two tier system.


Can you please explain in detail how I am projecting? Can you please list the political opponents he has done what you are suggesting. Otherwise I assume you have no reply.

Do you believe that the Lawyer with ties to the DNC should have been the jury foreman in the Stone trial?
#15067199
Finfinder wrote:
Do you believe that the lawyer with ties to the DNC should have been the jury foreman in the Stone trial?



I've gone over this before. The judge denied a retrial because BS doesn't work in a court of law.

What you are doing there is the Distraction part of Moscow Rules.

About your other BS, remember "Lock her up"? He's talked about using the justice system to go after a number of people.

"Trump has publicly and privately raged in recent months about wanting investigations of those he sees as enemies, including former vice president Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden, former FBI director James B. Comey and former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe."

I'd say get real, but...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-appears-to-escalate-standoff-with-attorney-general-and-justice-dept-declaring-on-twitter-a-legal-right-to-influence-criminal-cases/2020/02/14/8c152c36-4f2f-11ea-bf44-f5043eb3918a_story.html
#15067216
late wrote:I've gone over this before. The judge denied a retrial because BS doesn't work in a court of law.

What you are doing there is the Distraction part of Moscow Rules.

About your other BS, remember "Lock her up"? He's talked about using the justice system to go after a number of people.

"Trump has publicly and privately raged in recent months about wanting investigations of those he sees as enemies, including former vice president Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden, former FBI director James B. Comey and former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe."

I'd say get real, but...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-appears-to-escalate-standoff-with-attorney-general-and-justice-dept-declaring-on-twitter-a-legal-right-to-influence-criminal-cases/2020/02/14/8c152c36-4f2f-11ea-bf44-f5043eb3918a_story.html


Sure the Judge is probably a Democrat and that is why he had no problem with a biased Democrat lawyer tied to the DNC being the jury fore person. More proof there is a 2 tier justice system one set of rules for Democrats and another set for Republicans.

Again your argument just fails miserably. Hillary was never even charged with anything. So what people chant she called half the country deplorables you reap what you sew. We know it was completely fixed from the Mueller report the IG report and more importantly James Comey who said she broke the law but didn't pursue charging. Now that is proof of a two tier system.

You on the other hand haven't offered a single piece of evidence or fact to back your topic. Where is the beef @late you can't name a single person Democrat that Trump has personally prosecuted for political pursposes.
Last edited by Finfinder on 14 Feb 2020 18:10, edited 1 time in total.
#15067217
late wrote:I've gone over this before. The judge denied a retrial because BS doesn't work in a court of law.

What you are doing there is the Distraction part of Moscow Rules.

About your other BS, remember "Lock her up"? He's talked about using the justice system to go after a number of people.

"Trump has publicly and privately raged in recent months about wanting investigations of those he sees as enemies, including former vice president Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden, former FBI director James B. Comey and former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe."

I'd say get real, but...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-appears-to-escalate-standoff-with-attorney-general-and-justice-dept-declaring-on-twitter-a-legal-right-to-influence-criminal-cases/2020/02/14/8c152c36-4f2f-11ea-bf44-f5043eb3918a_story.html


Why don't you just answer the question?
#15067220
Finfinder wrote:
Sure the Judge is probably a Democrat

and that is why he

had no problem with a biased Democrat lawyer tied to the DNC being the jury fore person.

More proof there is a 2 tier justice system one set of rules for Democrats and another set for Republicans.





Republicans used to love her because she ruled against Bill Clinton. As her boss pointed out, she follows the law.

She.

So only Republicans can sit in judgement now. That's batshit crazy...

You don't have proof, you don't have evidence.

But you do have projection. Trump is trying to create a system where justice is a weapon to protect friends and punish enemies.
#15067226
late wrote:Republicans used to love her because she ruled against Bill Clinton. As her boss pointed out, she follows the law.

She.

So only Republicans can sit in judgement now. That's batshit crazy...

You don't have proof, you don't have evidence.

But you do have projection. Trump is trying to create a system where justice is a weapon to protect friends and punish enemies.



I have offered proof you are welcome to tare apart my argument point by point. It should be so simple for you as you claim. Just start by listing just a few people (actually just list 1) person sitting in prison because Trump put them there because of politics.

All you have is name calling which actually you have also failed miserably at because it seems you don't even understand what the definition of projection is.


BTW the Washington DC office of the DOJ refuse to prosecute McCabe. Just another example of one set of rule for Democrats and a complete different set of rules for Republicans.
#15067240
Finfinder wrote:
I have offered proof..

Just start by listing just a few people (actually just list 1) person sitting in prison because Trump put them there because of politics.

it seems you don't even understand what the definition of projection is.


BTW the Washington DC office of the DOJ refuse to prosecute McCabe. Just another example of one set of rule for Democrats and a complete different set of rules for Republicans.



You did what your ilk always does, throw out baseless accusations.

I didn't say he did, I said he was getting close. You are trying to run away from all the times he said he wanted to...

Hilarious.

Prosecutors go after criminals.
Election 2020

You say you are not going to vote for Trump. I […]

https://twitter.com/TheTNHoller/status/13077457812[…]

Ironic coming from a random American, considering[…]

What is Fascism

Then the courts are wrong. The fact that severa[…]