Brutal hate crime in Manhattan - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15164110
https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1376698713582796804
But I bet the attacker is not charged with a hate crime.



The black suspect will charges of assault as a hate crime and attempted assault as a hate crime. This reminds me of a black English teacher in Australia who was also a racist. It wasn't easy to get her fired for being offensive to Asian students because of her color.

Police said Brandon Elliot, 38, is the man seen on surveillance video kicking and stomping the woman near Times Square on Monday. They said Elliot was living at a hotel that serves as a homeless shelter a few blocks from the scene of the attack. He was taken into custody at the hotel around midnight. Tips from the public led to his apprehension, police said.

Elliot, who is Black, faces charges of assault as a hate crime, attempted assault as a hate crime, assault and attempted assault in Monday’s attack. It wasn’t immediately known whether he had a lawyer who could speak on his behalf. He was expected to be arraigned by video Wednesday.

https://apnews.com/article/brandon-elli ... e5a99e9ed4
#15164571
Scamp wrote:But I bet the attacker is not charged with a hate crime.

They are laughing at you now Scamp, but I understand your point. How can a black man be charged with being a hateful racist if he doesn't have the power to be racist because he is black? Isn't that being unfair to him?

Brandon Elliot, paroled after fatally stabbing mother, charged with attack on Asian-American woman
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio called Monday’s attack “absolutely disgusting and outrageous.” He said it was “absolutely unacceptable” that witnesses did not intervene.

“I don’t care who you are, I don’t care what you do, you’ve got to help your fellow New Yorker,” de Blasio said, evoking the post-9/11 mantra of “see something, say something.”

Really? Who paroled this guy? Cuomo and de Blasio have let more people out of prison and generally won't hold violent criminals on cash bail. We're supposed to go after the people de Blasio and Cuomo let out of prison when they are minorities, and they'll likely charge us with hate crimes if we do? When they've been calling for lawless riots for a year+? Clearly de Blasio and Cuomo do not realize that they have virtually zero moral authority.

Even the police are puzzled. Why parole someone and then send them to a hotel used as a homeless shelter? I suspect it's because covid relief is being used to protect wealthy property owners like hoteliers, and they needed warm bodies to fill those hotels to send invoices back to the government. I was wondering why they were doing this in California too. I think it was a scam. Democrats are bad people. Just bad...
#15166222
Blacks commit the majority of interracial violent crime in the US. Rape, robbery, and murder, and the media covers it up. So I am surprised this gentleman was charged with a hate crime.
#15166224
Scamp wrote:Blacks commit the majority of interracial violent crime in the US. Rape, robbery, and murder, and the media covers it up. So I am surprised this gentleman was charged with a hate crime.

Is it hate crime though?
#15166228
Rancid wrote:lolwhut?

Some argue that POC in the USA can't be racist because they lack institutional power to be racist. This guy proved that to be false. Every single human being has the power to be racist. You only need a fist.
#15166229
Unthinking Majority wrote:Some argue that POC in the USA can't be racist


I'm sure these people exist, which I agree, is dumb. However, Scamp's presupposition (as in many pofo threads) is that all the institutions of government also believe this. Especially in "liberal" NYC. hence his apparent surprise when the world doesn't line up with whatever unrealistic beliefs he has. There cannot possibly be a liberal government that doesn't believe POCs can be racist. There just simply can't!

When the next incident occurs where a POC is not charged with a hate crime (I'm sure it will happen somewhere), he will kick and scream like a bitch and claim that POCs are never charged with hate crimes and conveniently ignore/forget this one. This is what I'm getting at when I say he submits to his confirmation biases. He only looks for what he agrees with. That is his MO on pofo.

In this case, he jumped the gun, but he'll forget he did.
#15166238
Unthinking Majority wrote:Some argue that POC in the USA can't be racist because they lack institutional power to be racist. This guy proved that to be false. Every single human being has the power to be racist. You only need a fist.


That is a strawman.

The actual argument is that it is difficult or impossible to discriminate against white people in Europe and North America because of the systemic and institutional racism of these societies.

We can now return to @Scamp’s confirmation bias.
#15166239
Rancid wrote:I'm sure these people exist, which I agree, is dumb. However, Scamp's presupposition (as in many pofo threads) is that all the institutions of government also believe this. Especially in "liberal" NYC. hence his apparent surprise when the world doesn't line up with whatever unrealistic beliefs he has. There cannot possibly be a liberal government that doesn't believe POCs can be racist. There just simply can't!

When the next incident occurs where a POC is not charged with a hate crime (I'm sure it will happen somewhere), he will kick and scream like a bitch and claim that POCs are never charged with hate crimes and conveniently ignore/forget this one. This is what I'm getting at when I say he submits to his confirmation biases. He only looks for what he agrees with. That is his MO on pofo.

In this case, he jumped the gun, but he'll forget he did.


Diversion. If you have no argument over the facts presented, the childish thing to do is attack the messenger. :lol:
#15166242
Pants-of-dog wrote:That is a strawman.

The actual argument is that it is difficult or impossible to discriminate against white people in Europe and North America because of the systemic and institutional racism of these societies.

We can now return to @Scamp’s confirmation bias.


Wrong: https://hellogiggles.com/news/racism-ag ... ever-will/
#15166253
Pants-of-dog wrote:@Unthinking Majority

Please note that the cited source makes the same argument that I did and it does not make the argument that BIPOC people cannot be racist.[/

It makes the argument that it's impossible for POC to be racist against white people, which is a terrible argument and different than what you said. It doesn't make the argument that a POC can't be racist against other POC.

Anyone of any race can be racist against anyone of another race.
#15166254
Unthinking Majority wrote:It makes the argument that it's impossible for POC to be racist against white people, which is a terrible argument and different than what you said. It doesn't make the argument that a POC can't be racist against other POC.

Anyone of any race can be racist against anyone of another race.


No. It says it is impossible to be racist against white people.

It makes no mention of who can or cannot be the person being racist. Though it does explicitly say that BIPOC people can and sometimes do have racist feelings against white people, these feelings cannot translate into actual negative impacts.

But please quote the text that I may have missed if you think I am incorrect.
#15166258
Pants-of-dog wrote:Though it does explicitly say that BIPOC people can and sometimes do have racist feelings against white people, these feelings cannot translate into actual negative impacts.

Unless a POC punches a white person due to racist feelings, or a POC who owns a business refuses to hire white people because of racist feelings, or a POC waitress treats white customers worse due to racist feelings.
#15166261
Here is more black on Asian hate crime. In fact the majority of hate crimes against Asians is done by blacks.
Identity Politics

Identity politics has some benefits (for instance,[…]

@Pants-of-dog you can read both yourself, I don[…]

If you haven't noticed, there are voters behind R[…]

Ukraine Warns It May Go Nuclear

Nukes stopped Kennedy from invading a second time.[…]