What type of countries are the USA and Canada? - Page 17 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
QatzelOk wrote:Hong Kong protestors are the only ones worthy of western compassion, according to commercial media.

Everyone else can drop dead as Western corporations steal the resources under their ash-colored immobile feet.

I have mentioned in other threads, amid strong criticism I must say, that those in charge in most other places (I still think Iran is an exception in this case, hands down please), regardless of their sides (pro-West or anti-West, or anything else), are so corrupt and tribal that, the people in those places are bound to war, despair and / or oppression anyways. Whether the West end up intervening is not really relevant to them.

In the end, setting up puppet governments no longer work. There should be some kind of suzerainty, decided by local people -- and possibly replaceable. In other words, a democratically-controlled colonialism.
Last edited by Patrickov on 01 Dec 2019 05:31, edited 1 time in total.
False, @Patrickov. Syria was just fine until foreign money, manpower and weapons started a fake civil war. What you are saying is just ethnocentrism wrapped up in a false premise.

USA is just another shit-disturbing country...

The war in Syria is not a civil war
As it stands right now, we have a truly global war in what looks like an increasingly lawless conflict: Russia, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, U.S. and the EU and their allies and proxy fighters engaged in military conflict playing out across Syria, Yemen, Ukraine, Turkey, Iraq and Libya. Make no mistake about it; there are no innocent bystanders here. The question is not about whether the U.S. should get involved; the U.S. is already involved. The question should be how to tackle the real problem without repeating the mistakes of the recent past.
https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/ ... -civil-war
Godstud wrote:False, @Patrickov. Syria was just fine until foreign money, manpower and weapons started a fake civil war. What you are saying is just ethnocentrism wrapped up in a false premise.

USA is just another shit-disturbing country...

Ethnocentrism does exist. It is the System running in the country (and its ability to monitor or even correct itself) that counts. Whichever country unable to hold a good enough system among their people does not really deserve hegemony or even sovereignty.

I never deny that the West have been causing massive havoc and despair around. It is just that the others are often, if not always, worse, and at least part of the atrocities people here blame the West for are in fact the local System or elites' fault.
Many countries cannot maintain their independence and hegemony or sovereignty vs the sabotage of powers such as USA, Russian and China. That doesn't mean USA, Russia , or China are any better. Your argument implies this.

The West has long made sure that local systems are corrupt and impotent, so that they can steal resources from said countries, or dominate them. The local systems are rarely "worse", and that's simply your own cultural bias at work. Yes, ethnocentrism.
Godstud wrote:Many countries cannot maintain their independence and hegemony or sovereignty vs the sabotage of powers such as USA, Russian and China. That doesn't mean USA, Russia , or China are any better. Your argument implies this.

Much more specific to what My Honourable Friend suggests, indeed.

Godstud wrote:The West has long made sure that local systems are corrupt and impotent ...

As My Honourable Friend suggested in the previous sentence, neither the other so-called "superpowers" are better. The problem we are facing now is exactly that some worse superpowers are trying to take over.

Why replace a lesser (more controllable or capable of reason) Evil with a bigger (less controllable and incapable of reason) Evil?
Patrickov wrote:Ethnocentrism does exist. It is the System running in the country (and its ability to monitor or even correct itself) that counts. Whichever country unable to hold a good enough system among their people does not really deserve hegemony or even sovereignty.

I think the early settlers to the UsA would agree with you, that the locals simply didn't deserve sovereignty, or even the right to live their lives.

Likewise, the "inability of other countries to hang onto a good system" is severely limited by Canada-USA's ability to train assassins at the School of the Americas. Every system that redistributes income to the less fortunate is made "impossible to hold onto" by a series of civil wars, sanctions, and targeted murders by Canada-USA (and its stooges in Europe).

I never deny that the West have been causing massive havoc and despair around. It is just that the others are often, if not always, worse, and at least part of the atrocities people here blame the West for are in fact the local System or elites' fault.

That other countries are 'worse' (on commercial media) is part of what gives Canada-USA "permission" to raid the rest of the world and steal their resources.

By the way, victim-blaming has its origins in colonialism.
QatzelOk wrote:I think the early settlers to the UsA would agree with you, that the locals simply didn't deserve sovereignty, or even the right to live their lives.

Likewise, the "inability of other countries to hang onto a good system" is severely limited by Canada-USA's ability to train assassins at the School of the Americas. Every system that redistributes income to the less fortunate is made "impossible to hold onto" by a series of civil wars, sanctions, and targeted murders by Canada-USA (and its stooges in Europe).

That other countries are 'worse' (on commercial media) is part of what gives Canada-USA "permission" to raid the rest of the world and steal their resources.

By the way, victim-blaming has its origins in colonialism.
I am afraid much of the above argument is based on anti-White hatred. This is understandable if I remember the ethnicity of this Honourable Member correctly, but I strongly disagree with that.

I am aware of how genocidal colonism is in various parts of the world. "Unfortunately" I, and many around me, are under it long enough to find out that it indeed can also bring the freedom and justice we would not have enjoyed had we been in our "sovereign country", and the so-called locals who take over are in fact puppets or rubber stamps of a malicious and tyrannical state, who view their hold of power and money above everything. To us, they are far worse murderers or tyrants than the Whites, and indeed some of us even migrated to the country originally belonging to this Honourable Member's ancestors.

At the end of the day, it is how much the people can hold the government in account that matters. The past half century is not very helping for independent countries, seriously, especially when most of them were anti-US with relatively solid support.
Godstud wrote:@Patrickov the above, by Qaztelok is not anti-white hatred, it's anti-ANGLO hatred.
I thank My Honourable Friend for his clarification. However, I must say that the early Europeans in the Americas were more the less the same in behaviour, regardless of British, French or Spanish. I made that statement in a more general sense than simply regarding that Honourable Member.
Patrickov wrote:I am afraid much of the above argument is based on anti-White hatred.

Godstud wrote:... not anti-white hatred, it's anti-ANGLO hatred.

How revealing that two posters can't come up with counter-arguments, so have resorted to the very snowflake "Hater!". Why didn't you try some counter-argument like: "Why Qatz, the European settlers totally respected the local cultures' sovereignty."

Or you could try: "The White settlers did everything they could to reach out to their hosts, but.." and then come up with some inadequacy on the part of the First Nations to explain their own victimhood.

Or even: :"The European White Settlers respected all their treaties, and were fair and consistent in their relationships with others."

You didn't because... you can't. Just like our current crop of N.A. leaders can't understand why Bolivia had a non-white, non-euro leader. And why N.A. don't seem to understand the link between their SUVs, and all those oil-producing states that WE HAVE DESTROYED.

In 100 years, it will all be forgotten, right guys?
@QatzelOk stating facts isn't name-calling. You demonstrate this almost constantly.

No one is arguing that Europeans were not a colonizing, destructive force. You're the only one, however, to imply that the French weren't. This is as far from the truth as you can get, since the French were amongst the most exploiting colonizers, in the world.
Godstud wrote:No one is arguing that Europeans were not a colonizing, destructive force.
A few posts earlier, Patrickov did just that, when he wrote:I am aware of how genocidal colonism is in various parts of the world. "Unfortunately" I, and many around me, are under it long enough to find out that it indeed can also bring the freedom and justice we would not have enjoyed had we been in our "sovereign country", and the so-called local...

Patrick got "freedom and justice" out of being colonized. What a great thing to happen to someone! I wonder if a silent majority of Iraqis, Syrians, Libyans, and Afghans are actually happy for all the freedom and justice they get between NATO bombing campaigns. Likewise the native people of Bolivia who can look forward to all that justice that awaits them under that giant bible.

Godstud wrote: French

Here is your other diversionary tactic when you have no argument. You write "France" as if this proves something about Canada and the USA's international behavior.

Canada and the USA have been of GREAT HELP to France in my lifetime, helping that colonial monster to pillage Haiti and many African nations as well.

Also, for someone who claims to know a lot about French atrocities, to my knowledge, you've never created a thread dedicated to them, like I have. I am looking forward to your insight and information in that thread, dearest francophile. I don't imagine you just use "France" to try to win arguments that you have already lost. :lol:
Godstud wrote:Many countries in the world have free speech. Your pride is misplaced. Your arrogance is, as well. :lol:

Free speech is not an absolute, however the US leads virtually every country on the planet when it comes to free speech. American have a right to feel deeply proud of their free speech, while other countries should be shamed by America's superior free speech culture. This doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see America go even further in the direction of free speech.

I'm sorry but I can only conclude by your words and actions that you have a fascistic Cultural Marxist attitude towards free speech. You voluntarily choose to leave Canada where you can criticise the monarch to live in a country you can't. It can't just be for the weather, because their are countries with similar climates that have better free speech and more liberal democratic political systems and cultures.

I never here so much as a pepe of criticism from you of the Thai Royal family, of the Thai government, or of the homosexual, pederast paedophile culture within Thailand's Buddhist monasteries. You don't even have a word of criticism of Thailand's treatment of its Muslim minority, although you're quick to post if anyone so much as says boo to a Muslim in a White western democratic country.
Godstud wrote:(expletive) You know nothing about Thailand. You're just another arrogant American who thinks he knows everything.

Now that you live in Thailand, are you learning anything about that nation's rich history?

Or is French history taking all your time these days? :lol:
@QatzelOk I have all the time that I need to look at everything, which is unfortunate for you, since you obviously do not.

Yes, I've read a good book on the last Thai King, and a very good autobiography of another famous Thai.
North Americans will often learn languages from other countries that they can be taught to respect and admire.

But they keep a special type of prejudice for their own internal minorities, whether Spanish in the USA, French in Canada (outside of Quebec), or First Nations in either one.

These "internal punching bags" are important because North Americans must always be ready to apply racism against other groups that they wish to conquer - and the internally conquered French and Hispanics often serve as scratching posts for this purpose.

I know more than a few Montreal anglophones who have mastered some level of Japanese, Italian or Spanish... but can't eevn have an interesting conversation in French with the franchophones who live on the other side of the street from themselves. Same with Americans and their local Hispanic populations.

This is not a scientific argument for the existen[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting: https://jackrasmus.com/2024/04/23/uk[…]

I know some of those on the Left may have troub[…]

Here are some of the the latest reports of student[…]