Trump calls it like it is; the establishment can't take it - Page 524 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Trump invented fake News, for Pete's sake.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Okay. What's the plan?

I expect he won't be able to resist taking big Money from foreign governments thru his hotels, etc., but that will be heavily scrutinised.

I've written on here before on how Putin has bled Russia/ns dry, financially. Today, Rex Tillerson, CEO of ExxonMobil was interviewed for secretary of State.

ExxonMobil
together with Rosneft, has developed 63.6 million acres (257,000 km2) in Russia, including the East-Prinovozemelsky field.
(wikipedia) however, they haven't drilled here since the Obama team imposed sanction preventing EMI from increasing its oil drilling in Russia. Tillerson did his best to not answer,but it became apparent he in fact will.

Rosneft is probably Putin biggest vehicle for plundering Russia. Trump wants to play, too.
US national intelligence director has disowned the dossier: https://www.dni.gov/index.php/newsroom/ ... lect-trump

By every measurable metric, the F 35 is superior to every other fighter now flying or likely to appear in the foreseeable future.

On paper it is inferior to the T-50, the Chinese J-20, etc. On paper its crap and in practice it is plagued with faults and production difficulties.
lol thats actually a pretty brutal own of our piss baby president. Thank you for sharing it, Igor.

"I spoke with the president and explained that this document was not made by AMERICAN intelligence agencices, but that it was made by a private oppo reserach firm [run by ex-MI6 intelligence officers]. We agreed it made him look like a piss covered baby, and that national intelligence agencies exist to help protect him from this kind of situation.

He pretended to listen to me, but he was unable to discern the distinctions on how intelligence is collected and reported so he didn't actually understand anything I said. It wasn't a productive conversation, but I'm going to say that in polite terms so you think he listened to me and agreed."

Thank you for sharing it, Igor.
Stormsmith wrote:Trump invented fake News, for Pete's sake.

No it was invented by MSM's granddaddy supreme:

Fake News:

Proof:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propagand ... erican_War

The Fake News Loving Legend who's nickname for his partners intimate rude parts inspired the greatest movie twist ending of the 1940s.....
Last edited by colliric on 12 Jan 2017 06:20, edited 2 times in total.
Thanks for the lazily googled wikipedia page, collirc.

Seriously glad we have a good Catholic like you around, supporting a dude who plans to gut AMERICA's baby steps into universal healthcare as their landmark honeymoon period legislation. What a good Catholic you are.

Could you do me a favor and explain again how a bicameral legislature where one legislative body has a number of elected officials that is proportional to each state's population while the other legislative body has an equal amount of officials per state regardless of their population? Because I thought that was really lol when you tried to explain it as if it was a uniquely Australian thing.
"I don't lazily google things... I go straight to Alex Jones."

Lol

Hey look

It's Alex Jones, drinking foamy piss to celebrate Trump's victory.

Since the trumpenprole insist on bragging about Trump's terrible press conference, I'm going to quote myself again. Don't worry, I'll quote myself again and again in case you forget. Sopan Deb's tweet has been placed above the quote for clarity, since quoting a tweet seems to reduce it to a url (at least in my browser).

SpecialOlympian wrote:Lol during the press conference Trump called CNN fake news and refused to call on a CNN reporter he pointed out.

Then he pointed to the other CNN reporter in the audience and let him ask a question.

It was loud, stupid, and completely betrayed his ignorance in all things. It was a perfect Trump moment.
I think this going to be the first time in a long time The President, as he will be by the time this would proceed, sues somone.

These idiots probably waited till now because of the whole "President can sue people, but probably shouldn't" thing.. Trump already promised to break that "tradition" with those phoney sexual assault accusation, but this actually far worse.

If this was Hulk Hogan, Buzzfeed would dead in the water.....

This pic says it all . . .

Assertive, poised, statesmanlike, charismatic, and in control.

Here's the latest from the madhouse-without-walls known as the United Kingdom . . .

"The CIA believes Russia has "more than one" Donald Trump sex tape from , it has been reported. The billionaire has angrily denied claims made by former British MI6 spy Christopher Steele that the Russian government is in possession of compromising ..."

Now, in traditional 'master and poodle' style, the CIA has dragged in some hasbeen ex-spook from MI6 to consolidate this preposterous drivel. God this is soooo humiliating that we're governed by such c***s! God knows what Putin must think?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...re-one-9607370

The one thing nagging away at the back of my mind is why he doesn't seem to grasp that a wall is not only a bad idea but it's totally impracticable too. That is seriously weird.
Hong Wu wrote:Trump could use a nice beer to go with the thrashing he gave a CNN reporter recently for being rude:

That was epic. He's not even in office yet. This will only get better.

Zagadka wrote:When the politicians start determining what news is legitimate... and yea, I'd feel the same about Obama denying Fox.

The point is that they knew it was false, circulated it everywhere and were under the impression they were going to do some kind of takedown of Donald Trump. The whole thing blew up in their faces. We already know from the DNC leaks that CNN coordinates with the DNC. There is no more doubting it.

Albert wrote:Lol @ CNN. What will become of them once Trump is president?

Their credibility is getting shredded. I still say Victor Davis Hanson's peice on 2016 being the "neutron bomb" election was spot on. Everything looks the same, but entities like CNN are the living dead.

SpecialOlympian wrote:They'll probably get a huge ratings boost as everyone tunes in to see AMERICA'S hit new reality show, "That's My Orange Idiot King!"

CNN is losing market share bigly.

In the key 25-54-year-old demographic for the primetime hours, however, all three networks saw their audience shrink, although the losses for CNN (-47%) and MSNBC (-42%) were proportionally much larger than that of Fox News (-2%).

The kiddies don't watch as much television. Funny then that FoxNews is where they go if they do watch.

JohnRawls wrote:He is one of the few politicians(GASP) that has actually succeeded in clowning others and getting on top. Some people do not realise that he actually has a plan, although most of the Trump haters are gonna deny that.

Right. I was quite impressed listening to Rex Tillerson's hearing. The guy really knows his shit. I haven't heard that kind of polish at the state deparment level since probably Colin Powell, who ended up as kind of a bust. It reminded me a lot of George Shultz.

Albert wrote:I just want everyone to know especially SO, I love Trump.

He has not disappointed, that is for sure.

colliric wrote:I just want everyone to know especially SO, I love Trump.

That's an insightful point. All the major corporations are run by people educated in the same circles. So they end up towing the Harvard or Yale line.

colliric wrote:Gone are the days when Turner,

Yea. Turner was quite the maverick before he got in bed with Jane Fonda. That's when CNN took a nose dive. In the 1980s, CNN was the king of news.

Albert wrote:CNN conducted an investigation on itself concluding it is not Fake News. They are in total meltdown.

Yeah, it was a really poor performance for them.

Zagadka wrote:But you'd clearly back CNN as beyond reproach because it's Ted Turner's baby?

CNN was king back in the 1980s. I remember when Firing Line and Evans and Novak were some of their hit shows. They defined a generation of television news.

colliric wrote:When Turner was shafted, the killed off his beloved WCW in spectacular fashion, and turned CNN into "The Clinton News Network".

Corporate Bastards.

Exactly, and it was kind of sad, because CNN had a really great foreign service. I remember how people were just glued to CNN during the Gulf War with Peter Arnett reporting.

quetzlcoatl wrote:Sure, I'd love the 'salacious scandal' story to be true, just as much as the Trumpistas would love the PizzaGate story to be true. It's just way too much fun to pass up.

I was never a buyer of PizzaGate. Some of this stuff is too obviously false. The problem for outlets like CNN is that they have destroyed their credibility as a non-biased news service. Shep Smith and the FoxNews desk isn't particularly biased, but their commentators certainly are. Hannity, O'Reilly, Tucker Carlson, etc.

quetzlcoatl wrote:If Russian Intelligence agencies truly had enticed Trump into a classic honeypot trap, you can be assured they have it on film. So why are we not seeing the filmed confirmation?

It's obviously a cooked up story. The problem is that even if it were true, so what?

quetzlcoatl wrote:This is not a one-off, in all likelihood. This campaign will be unwound slowly to inflict the maximum damage over the longest time period.

Trump has already laid a trap to figure out who was leaking the national security meetings, and it turns out it was the intelligence people themselves. He's more than onto their game.

quetzlcoatl wrote:I bring up the F 35 story because it has a Trump connection also. Trump has suggested he will kill the F 35 and replace it will enhanced F 18s.

Defense contractors have been slow jamming DoD to milk as much cash as possible. Trump is on to their game and noting that it is not in the national interest.

quetzlcoatl wrote:Although the salacious scandal is likely fake, we shouldn't forget that Trump is in debt to the Russians for hundreds of millions. He can't afford to alienate the Russians.

He's not in debt to the Russian state.

Albert wrote:@quetzalcoatl
PizzaGate was created by Reddit trolls.
Golden Shower fanfiction was created by 4chan trolls.

What's amazing is that CNN and John McCain are the ones completely punked by this, not Trump.
I thought his Press Conference was OK. He seemed to be projecting a pro-active disposition on the wall and moving factories o/s.

You know ... maybe Trump was involved in some hot gay big hairy Russian bear man sex that got caught on camera. He has a history of making a lot of lewd statements about women ... and just maybe he could be overcompensating for an inner secret only he (and a few foreign located but loyal and discreet men) know all about. Probably not true at all ... but then again, it could be true ... think about it.
Donald Trump and Air Canada.... What do they have in common?

http://redstatewatcher.com/article.asp?id=56752

They both believe CNN published fake news about them this week. Air Canada demanded a retraction and apology..... CNN incorrectly reported a terrorist as being a passenger of an Air Canada flight, insinuating the airline had lax security.
colliric wrote:Donald Trump and Air Canada.... What do they have in common?

http://redstatewatcher.com/article.asp?id=56752

They both believe CNN published fake news about them this week. Air Canada demanded a retraction and apology..... CNN incorrectly reported a terrorist as being a passenger of an Air Canada flight, insinuating the airline had lax security.

Actually, many news outlets incorrectly claimed that Santiago flew in from Canada, or on Air Canada.

Air Canada then tweeted that this was not the case. CNN may have been a bit slow to correct their reports, but there was never a moment when AC demanded an apology, since it was obviously not a deliberate attempt at misinformation.

However, claiming that AC demanded an apology from CNN is misinformation designed to make CNN look bad.
Lol, literally citing fake news to call out fake news. Bravo, colliric, your posting style is like art. It's like watching Mr. Bean try to figure out the news.

Good job using your critical, steel trap of a mind to repost news from RED STATE WATCHER, which looks like a completely unbiased and highly polished website run by professionals.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Okay.

What's the plan?

This is easy as pie and blindingly obvious. So obvious that no one can see it.

It's called co-optation. Syriza did it on the left, and it's now the emerging template for the right. It's really easy. You talk up radical change, and deliver the same-old.

What Trump will actually deliver is the same neoliberal austerity as Paul Ryan with a fillip of law and order and anti-immigration.

It should be obvious to the meanest intelligence (looking at you Trump believers) that Trump never had any plan; this was a vanity project from the get-go, and having stumbled into the Presidency, Trump has stumbled onto the least demanding way of delivering his product. It's always been the art of the deal itself - the actual performance is an afterthought, at best.

I'm not a hater, btw. I see Trump as evidence that liberal capitalism is not succeeding in adapting. The successive alternatives it's throwing up in recent decades have become less and less plausible. Trump truly is transformative in a specific way: there is no recovering the illusion of a peaceful majoritarian liberal society.

This is good

Half the population is going to be put down, and put down hard. It's only a matter of which half. The velvet gloves are coming off, and corporatism will unleash its military and police power freely. The press will be intimidated into silence - these guys are demonstrated cowards, and won't put up any fight. 'Centrist' Democrats will either accept the inevitable or be forced into radicalism.

The one remaining question to be answered are 1) how serious Trump is about exercising authoritarian power (how far he will go), and 2) how far the population can be pushed before they react.

Interesting times! I will say I'm glad I'm 67 will only have to watch the shitstorm for a limited engagement. You guys will have to do the heavy lifting. ;)
Pants-of-dog wrote:However, claiming that AC demanded an apology from CNN is misinformation designed to make CNN look bad.

No it's not. A retraction IS an apology for "publishing something that isn't true". They almost always begin with the words "We apologize to our readers/viewers but..."

It is an admission of incorrect journalism.
Getting pissy (lol) over your habit of running in with shitty news site.

POD is correct, the airline did not demand an apology. They informed CNN of the error and CNN made the correction. That retractions/corrections often begin with an apology does not mean that one was demanded of them by the airline. A retraction is also not an apology, because they are separate words and that is how language works.

A retraction is also not an admission of bad journalism. It is literally the taking back of a statement. Literally literally, that's the definition. One may issue a retraction of an endorsement if it is later revealed that, for example, a politician endorsed by a journalistic entity is found to be a murderer, or pedophile. That it was not known by the journalistic entity (or by anyone else) that the person receiving said endorsement was a criminal at that time is not an act of either malicious or inept journalism.

In this case, a reporting mistake was made. So the retraction (though I have not seen it) may include an apology and an admission that an error had been made. However, as I've just explained, these are all different words with different meanings.

If needed I can provide further explanation on the concept of human language. You seem to be struggling, and I am here to help you.

Your website, which is so fucking cheap and shitty looking like seriously lol how do you fall for RED STATE WATCHER DOT COM, paints the situation in a completely different light, that of Malicious, lying CNN slanders innocent airline! That is not the case.

I'm not aware of a single country that seriously […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

We don't walk away from our allies says Genocide […]

@FiveofSwords Doesn't this 'ethnogenesis' mala[…]

Britain: Deliberately imports laborers from around[…]