Trump populism comes to Canada as Conservatives seek leader - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Albert wrote:That is not capitalism Decky, it is stupidity. Stupidity of people in government, the consequence of which is messed up society.

I honestly dont understand how exactly so many stupid people got into power like this, but it had happened over time. I suspect it has to do something with PC culture and progressive liberalism. Perhaps in their strive for ideological purity only idiots who can fall into line managed to rise to power. As intelligent individuals will not be able to tolerate such fundamentalist environment and they themselves will not be toletated and pushed out.

Basically an environment has been created where natural order works backwards. You get idiots rising to the top and good people fit for the job of governing oppressed to the bottom. Natural selection working backwards in a way. :hmm:

Edit: This is why the SJWs throughout the western world are so angry about the changes that are happening. Because personally they stand to lose. As their stupidity will not be exused anymore in non-idiological world. They can not win anymore by screaming blasphemous or oppression. They actually have to speak sense and produce results. This is a majour blow to their survival.

Look at Trump, they labelled him with all non PC labels as possible. Racist, misogynistic or divisive. Nothing worked, reason and reality won over this time. This is terrifying for them. As it is a sign of natural order doing its process, and they appear to end up at the end of the stick at the end of it all.

They most fear that, for fit and good actually to rise up.

And this is why Leitch stands a chance.

Not because Albert is right, because he is not.

Instead it is because people like him blame SjWs and immigrants for things like privatisation of electricity and housing speculation, even though both are a direct product of right wing policies of open markets.

And they somehow think that these capitalist policies will be reversed if we ask prospective immigrants about sexism.
Pants-of-dog wrote:And this is why Leitch stands a chance.

Not because Albert is right, because he is not.

Instead it is because people like him blame SjWs and immigrants for things like privatisation of electricity and housing speculation, even though both are a direct product of right wing policies of open markets.

And they somehow think that these capitalist policies will be reversed if we ask prospective immigrants about sexism.
I wrote before that both mainstream left and right failed its people. Conservative government before did fuck all to meaningfully change immigration policies. Harper did introduce some temporary foreign worker program to go around the issue and pretend he was doing something. But in the end he was no different then the liberals or even NDP in regards to the issue. I hate the cuckcervatives as much as the libercucks.

Not to mention the famous 2 million dollar artificial lake he build for the G8 and G20 summit. Where the conservatives spend total of 1 billion on it.

You people seem to fail understand, "populist" means outside of established parties. Both right or left, down or up. They seem to be all in consensus of liberal order established after 60s or so, where to question multiculturalism and immigration is not politically correct.

I dont know how exactly such political situation has been established not just in Canada but in all of the west, but it has been the order that has come about since WW2. It is only bow it is being seriously challenged throughout the west.
Last edited by Albert on 30 Dec 2016 17:38, edited 1 time in total.
...and support the same people who want to privatise electrical grids and get rid of housing regulations. So even though they are going to actually make matters worse for you, you will still vote for them because they allow you to say sexist and xenophobic things, and accuse immigrants of sexism and xenophobia.

How logical.
Like Trump with Republicans it does not mean she will follow the same traditional platform of conservatives. If she follows the same policies that would make her not a populist. The whole point of populism is not to follow the mainstream policies. Omg why do I have to explain everything to you like a child.
The whole point of populism is to convince idiots to vote by relying in empty populist slogans and then do exactly the same policies.

The whole point of populists is to use emotions to convince the poors that a trust-fund Manhattan billionaire has started caring about them. Neither Trump nor the Canadians have ever hidden their neoliberal agenda and their intentions to dismantle the social welfare net. They are in fact telling it to your face but the racist/sexist/homophobic comments provide you with such euphoria that you stop caring. It is quite obvious that some of you would sell your own mother's for the right to be racist.

I wrote before that both mainstream left and right failed its people. Conservative government before did fuck all to meaningfully change immigration policies. Harper did introduce some temporary foreign worker program to go around the issue and pretend he was doing something. But in the end he was no different then the liberals or even NDP in regards to the issue. I hate the cuckcervatives as much as the libercucks.

That is because capitalists love immigration. Immigration is encouraged to destroy the lives of ordinary people by weakening our unions and pushing down our wages. This leads to increased profit for the rights business masters. The more right wing a country goes the more immigration there will be (despite the bollocks on being tough on immigration the right chats to win over the easily convinced).

Trump himself employees immigrants instead of employing Americans, you are going to be very disappointed Plaro. :lol:
Albert wrote:Like Trump with Republicans it does not mean she will follow the same traditional platform of conservatives. If she follows the same policies that would make her not a populist. The whole point of populism is not to follow the mainstream policies. Omg why do I have to explain everything to you like a child.

So you are assuming that she will introduce leftist policies such as housing controls and public ownership of utilities despute the fact that this completely contradicts her party platform, and you assume this because she would not have let sexist immigrants like you into the country?

Please explain how that makes sense.
Im not assuming anything I dont know. This is first time I hear of the woman for pete's sakes! All I know she proposed to screen immigrants for Canadian values on tate a tate basis. That sounds like a step in a right direction, I support that. In regards to economic issues I have not heard her speak on anything of that.
How is that logical?

Because immigration is the biggest issue because immigrants to any advanced country will increase pollution dramatically and destroy the earth. Remember? :lol:
I have no idea why you think that is funny.

Do you have anything to say about the actual topic?

I gave an honest answer to your question, and it was on topic. You under estimate how important an issue immigration has become, apparently even in Canada. It can decide elections and Canada might be surprised too. Any time people have fear of finding work or losing a job, immigration will become the big issue. Losing jobs is the future and therefore immigration will be the big issue.
One Degree wrote:I gave an honest answer to your question, and it was on topic. You under estimate how important an issue immigration has become, apparently even in Canada. It can decide elections and Canada might be surprised too. Any time people have fear of finding work or losing a job, immigration will become the big issue. Losing jobs is the future and therefore immigration will be the big issue.

This has nothing to do with what you said before. Nor does it contradict anything I have said in this thread.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Tainari, make a separate thread for that boring co[…]

The right to resist does not include a right comm[…]

As many of you know, not long ago, Russian Presid[…]

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]