Trump and Russiagate - Page 243 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:In “sweeping and systematic fashion,” from using a sophisticated disinformation campaign to partnering with WikiLeaks to release stolen documents from the Democratic National Committee, President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia worked diligently and spared no expense to see to it that his preferred candidate, Donald Trump, would be our next president.

This subversion of our democracy, which Mr. Mueller reminds us is continuing, apparently does not alarm the Republicans in Congress. Their questions to Mr. Mueller were focused on why and how the investigation was started at all. Even if you want to shield the president from culpability, can you really look away from this destruction of our democracy?

Americans must ask why Senator Mitch McConnell, the majority leader, and Republicans in Congress would block legislation to fortify our election process and leave us vulnerable again in 2020.

After listening to the Mueller hearing, I not sure I would trust Mueller on knowing anything about the investigation of Russian interference in our elections. I am not even sure he knew where he was. I suspect he has dementia. But what exactly did he say would stop interference in our elections? Just any legislation is not going to do it anyway. Therefore, I am with Mitch McConnell on this one.
Beren wrote:I really don't get what you want with this.
But they don't share the same views with Hitler as Trump's fans do.

Why don't you enumerate them for us. Hitler had a lot of views, and many Nazi firsts are practiced today. However, many Nazi practices were more extreme versions of ideas he got from the US and UK, like Eugenics for example. Even Weimar Germany practiced some of that stuff.

The Abortion and Eugenics Policies of Nazi Germany
First, let us briefly look at the United States. It was in this country that the eugenics movement really became established. In 1910, the first major eugenic research institution, the Eugenics Records Office, was founded and in 1923, the American Eugenics Society was formed, with branches in 29 states by the end of the decade. By 1928 there were 376 college courses on eugenics, and the subject found its way into high school texts by the mid-1930's.(4) While the movement was international, by far the most work surrounding it occurred in the United States.(5) Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, did not draw a distinction between "fit" and "unfit" along racial lines, as Nazi Germany would later do. She still believed there were "tinfit" (the poor, epileptics, alcoholics, criminals, those physically and mentally disabled) who should be prevented from reproducing, by force if necessary.(6) In her Birth Control Review (October 1921, p. 5) she said, "Possibly drastic and Spartan methods may be forced upon society if it continues complacently to encourage the chance and chaotic breeding that has resulted from our stupidly cruel sentimentalism."(7)

The left is pushing post-birth and partial-birth abortion these days. How do you feel about killing babies after they are born? Do you think that's murder, or just something a mother and her doctor decide as part of a private conversation that shouldn't involve the government?

Godstud wrote:TRUMP'S TAX CUTS BENEFIT RICH AMERICANS, NOT MIDDLE-CLASS FAMILIES, VOTERS SAY BY 2-1 MARGIN IN REPUBLICAN POLL
https://www.newsweek.com/trump-tax-cuts ... ns-1133372

Republican poll.

You're going to rely on a poll to support your position? I made over $300k last year, and I paid more because the tax cut for working people was paid for in part by limiting SALT deductions for people like me. On an individual basis, rich people pay more. Corporations got a big tax cut. If you own a corporation and aren't taking capital gains, the corporation is making more money and perhaps you have more unrealized capital gains. However, when it comes to earned income, the rich didn't make out like bandits. In blue states, they paid more.

Hindsite wrote:The reason Trump's tax cuts benefit the rich more is because they pay more of the taxes.

As I pointed out, poor people don't pay income taxes--something Godstud did not appear to understand.

Godstud wrote:I doubt very much that you can tell me what percentage it increased by, let alone provide an actual source aside from your own "anecdotal evidence".

I paid roughly $10.5k in property taxes and $24k in state income tax. Pre-tax cut, I could deduct $34.5k from my adjusted gross income. With Trump's tax cut, I can only deduct $10k. So I paid more in taxes, even though the rate went down from like 33% to 32% for the $150k-200k portion of the bill. The top rate of 35% remained unchanged for incomes over $200k, which is a lower threshold than the $416k threshold for the 35% tax rate pre-Trump. I earned over $300k+, but luckily had some long-term capital gains. So I definitely paid more. People with less than $100k income likely don't own a big house or pay over 20k in state income tax alone. With expanded deductions, they did very well. That's why Trump is so popular among working class people.

SpecialOlympian wrote:Here's another anecdote which highlights how the GOP tailored their bill to benefit the common man.

If you're really a CFA, then you know that's only a withholding rate adjustment and has nothing to do with the tax rate itself.

Godstud wrote:Yep, @SpecialOlympian That's really about it, as far as a tax return increase. :lol:

No. It's really more like this:

@SpecialOlympian would tell you this if he weren't violating the CFA Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct as it relates to social media when he's not at work. Instead, it would appear that he chooses to mislead people in his spare time.

CFA Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct wrote:The online or interactive aspects of social media do not remove the need to be open and honest about the information being distributed.
The perceived anonymity granted through these platforms may entice individuals to misrepresent their qualifications or abilities...

Godstud wrote:I am making the point that the tax cuts are rather insignificant compared to what the rich get.

They got nothing on earned income and capital gains tax rates and paid more as a result of lost deductions. Gains were to corporations. So the booming stock market is where they have to offset those losses. That's how I did it. On tax rates, I got fucked just like everyone else with high incomes. Like many others in the 35% bracket, I made up for it by making more money. I'm up for promotion this year, but I fear the increase in pay will not help the tax rate situation since I won't have as much in the way of long-term capital gains to write off.

jimjam wrote:I guess this arrogant piece of shit ^ is a member of America's "royal family". After blowing JFK's brains out, killing a couple of million in Vietnam including 58,220 mostly kidnapped ("drafted") American kids and pretty much selling our Federal government to the highest bidder (lobbyist) this is surely what we deserve.

I'm not sure what the connection is between Donald J. Trump Jr. and the JFK assassination. Care to elaborate?

BigSteve wrote:Those are the facts, and I'm hardly ignoring them.

I'm completely unsurprised that you dismiss this as anecdotal, but you do so only because it pokes some rather significant holes into your argument...

Well...overall, motorcycle sales are down worldwide... Maybe that's what he means?

Hindsite wrote:While the left is focused on calling anybody and everyone that rejects their stupid policies racist, and replacing all their lost voters with illegal aliens, and fake hearings, the biggest story in American political history is ignored.

It's ignored by the mainstream media, which is itself ignored by the American people now. Three quarters of Americans think the media is either lying or deliberately misleading them. They ignored Nixon's warning and destroyed themselves in their quest to destroy Trump.

jimjam wrote:In “sweeping and systematic fashion,” from using a sophisticated disinformation campaign to partnering with WikiLeaks to release stolen documents from the Democratic National Committee, President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia worked diligently and spared no expense to see to it that his preferred candidate, Donald Trump, would be our next president.

Yes. You know how the Mueller report substantiated that? With footnotes to the New York Times and the Washington Post. Your taxpayer dollars at work. They didn't even conduct a forensic analysis on the server. Perkins Coie put a stop to that, because it would show the data was taken out on a USB stick by an insider, probably logged on as Seth Rich.

jimjam wrote:Even if you want to shield the president from culpability, can you really look away from this destruction of our democracy?

If democracy can't withstand a Russian disinformation campaign, it probably doesn't deserve to survive. The reality though is we are dealing with a massive disinformation campaign spawned by our own government and the DNC. We're a little more interested in that. I'm totally cool with nuking Russia though. Why not?

Hindsite wrote:I am not even sure he knew where he was.

He's lucky nobody asked him if he ever heard of the Mueller report.

Hindsite wrote:But what exactly did he say would stop interference in our elections? Just any legislation is not going to do it anyway. Therefore, I am with Mitch McConnell on this one.

Yeah. If super hero messiahs like Barack Obama and Joe Biden can't stop the Russians, there's really nothing we can do. They are the best humanity has to offer. :roll:
By Sivad
blackjack21 wrote:They didn't even conduct a forensic analysis on the server. Perkins Coie put a stop to that, because it would show the data was taken out on a USB stick by an insider, probably logged on as Seth Rich.

IMPORTANT – Video Confirms Butowsky Lawsuit Claim: Julian Assange Told Ellen Ratner DNC Emails Received From Seth Rich – Not a Russian Hack…

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/20 ... sian-hack/

I have never said that I was a CFA. So good job, Defective Hong Wu.

Just a reminder: One of us owns a home in California. The other lives in an exotic foreign land that they will never actually experience because they spend all their time on 4chan, nourishing the mushrooms growing between their ears with a steady diet of 4Chan posts.

Also why did I get two quote notifications from blackjack from this same page? I don't read his dumb quotebomb posts. Nobody on PoFo likes to read giant chains of single sentence quotes and single sentence replies. It's like Blackjack is purposely trying to be unreadable to anyone who values their time. Which would explain why Hong Wu replies to Blackjack while nobody else does.

Hmm. Go outside and experience Hong Kong or read the marvelous mental gems that spill forth from Blackjack's brain? Somehow, this is a very easy choice for Hong Wu.
By Hong Wu
So you admit that you're not a CFA.

God, I am so glad that I don't own a home in California. Almost bought one but a Chinese swooped in and paid for it in cash at the last minute. If that hadn't happened I might still be in there.
Hong Wu wrote:So you admit that you're not a CFA.

God, I am so glad that I don't own a home in California. Almost bought one but a Chinese swooped in and paid for it in cash at the last minute. If that hadn't happened I might still be in there.

I never said I was a CFA. You're coming off as barely literate, you tool.

How the fuck was, "I have never claimed to be a CFA" difficult for your to parse?

Bee tee dubs, what do you think a CFA is?
Last edited by SpecialOlympian on 26 Jul 2019 10:44, edited 1 time in total.
By Hong Wu
SpecialOlympian wrote:I never said I was a CFA. You're coming off as barely literate, you tool.

Let us note that SO has admitted that he is not a CFA.

Blackjack is one of the relics from when this was a serious discussion forum, instead of a place where trolls and 15 year-old anarchists feast upon the remains of what were once debates. Someone has to read his posts and apparently, I am that man.
By Hong Wu
Maybe you should admit defeat here and just beat it from this thread. It's pretty funky that you're fighting over how you're not a CFA but it doesn't really matter who's wrong or right here, does it?
Hong Wu pretend this is the California Bar test. That way you won't feel bad about failing again because you been there before.

Define a CPA:

Define a CFA:

Do your best. You studied four years for this. I believe in you. 30 minutes, then pencils down.
By Hong Wu
SO... just beat it. Beat it. No one wants to be defeated. Showin' how funky and strong is your fight, it doesn't matter who's wrong or right.

@FiveofSwords Doesn't this 'ethnogenesis' mala[…]

Britain: Deliberately imports laborers from around[…]

There's nothing more progressive than supporting b[…]

A man from Oklahoma (United States) who travelled […]