Trump and Russiagate - Page 224 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By jimjam
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.” Mueller …. :hmm:
By Beren
jimjam wrote:“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.” Mueller …. :hmm:

And what kind of crime does he mean? Financial crime?

Sure, that could be a Republican establishment agenda.
By BigSteve
jimjam wrote:“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.” Mueller …. :hmm:

And that only amounts to a crime in the collective little pointed head of liberals.

It's pretty clear that, had they had confidence the President had committed a crime, they'd have said that, too.

But they didn't.

I wonder, jimjam, can you provide evidence that you haven't sold methamphetamine to kids? Because I think you have. Of course, the only reason I believe this is because you've not been able to disprove it. but using your special little brand of logic my suspicion should be all that's required to properly assign guilt, right?

In this country a person is innocent until proven guilty. Mueller's comment proves nothing, therefore Trump is not guilty of any crime.

Like it or not, that's your reality...
By jimjam
With his retirement, Mueller is a private citizen clearing the way for him to be subpoened by congress to testify. It is no longer the decision of AG Barr when he can testify.
By BigSteve
jimjam wrote:With his retirement, Mueller is a private citizen clearing the way for him to be subpoened by congress to testify. It is no longer the decision of AG Barr when he can testify.

Nice dodge.

Mueller has said he does not want to testify before Congress.

Why do you think that is?
By BigSteve
Beren wrote:What would Mueller tell Congress anyway? The Republicans want Trump to get caught with his corruption, which should be easy since it's tremendous.

Really? What evidence is there?

Adam Schiff insisted, for two years, that he had "evidence", and we now know he had dick.

What corruption are you referring to?
By jimjam
Beren wrote:What would Mueller tell Congress anyway? The Republicans want Trump to get caught with his corruption, which should be easy since it's tremendous.

This is almost besides the point. The game is to get a public process, a show going …. John Dean Watergate style. Once the show goes public it could very well take on a life of it's own. Sooner or later Obese Donald's long life of crime and lies will get played out in excruciating detail and that is where the devil resides ….. in the details :) .

It's more or less what I said he would do: take a parting shot. The obstruction thing was just that too. The thing is that if anybody else had colluded with Russia in the campaign, or anyone else had obstructed the investigation into finding out whether the Trump campaign colluded we would have seen charges. The fact that we didn't pretty much clears the Trump campaign and clarifies that Mueller was just taking a political shot at Trump, which I'm sure Trump will respond in kind.

BigSteve wrote:It's pretty clear that, had they had confidence the President had committed a crime, they'd have said that, too.

But they didn't.

Right. Starr laid out all the crimes Clinton committed. Mueller had to go with uncertain insinuations, because he doesn't have anything. Again, this is just a Justice Department official trying to weigh in on politics, which is improper and should be subject to legal sanction.

jimjam wrote:With his retirement, Mueller is a private citizen clearing the way for him to be subpoened by congress to testify. It is no longer the decision of AG Barr when he can testify.

It could still be subject to executive privilege.

jimjam wrote:The former White House adviser Steve Bannon has described the Trump Organization as a criminal entity and predicted that investigations into the president’s finances will lead to his political downfall, when he is revealed to be “not the billionaire he said he was, just another scumbag”. Bannon is quoted as saying investigations into Trump’s finances will cut adrift even his most ardent supporters: “This is where it isn’t a witch hunt – even for the hard core, this is where he turns into just a crooked business guy, and one worth $50m instead of $10bn."

Trump was making $50M a year at NBC. He's easily worth more than that. His apartment in Trump Tower is worth that.

jimjam wrote:This is almost besides the point. The game is to get a public process, a show going …. John Dean Watergate style. Once the show goes public it could very well take on a life of it's own. Sooner or later Obese Donald's long life of crime and lies will get played out in excruciating detail and that is where the devil resides ….. in the details :) .

It's all a scam to get us to prefer the establishment's neoconservative or neoliberal politician to Trump. It's not happening, even if Trump was aborting babies and eating them for breakfast. The point is that he's not one of them, and the more they don't like him, the more we do.
By Beren
BigSteve wrote:What corruption are you referring to?

Any kind, I guess. :lol:

But financial crimes such as money laundering seem looming. Collusion with Russia would be a national embarrassment, but Trump caught with laundering money for Russians would only be his own.
BigSteve wrote:So, suddenly , the guy who the left lambasted as being a lying, racist pig is now the "go to" source for legitimate, irrefutable information?

Man... you guys is funny...

I don't remember having panned Bànnon and his name hasn't arisen here much. But even unscrupulous people, theoretically, have the ability to tell the truth. Perhaps we can wait and see what NYS gives Congress:

Congress will soon have access to a treasure trove of information about President Trump’s taxes. It just needs to ask New York.

A new state law, which sailed through the New York Legislature and now awaits the signature of Gov. Andrew Cuomo, would allow the heads of Congress’s tax-writing committees to request a public official’s state tax returns to aid the committees in a “legitimate” task.

The law does not single out President Trump, but it will permit the House Ways and Means Committee — which has so far been stymied by the Treasury Department in its investigation of Mr. Trump’s taxes — to obtain evidence of his tax reporting practices and the results of I.R.S. audits. When Mr. Cuomo signs the legislation — which he hassaid he will do — Richard Neal, the chair of the House Ways and Means Committee, need only ask Albany for the records.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/29/opinion/trump-taxes-new-york.html
By jimjam
Beren wrote:Any kind, I guess. :lol:

But financial crimes such as money laundering seem looming. Collusion with Russia would be a national embarrassment, but Trump caught with laundering money for Russians would only be his own.

I think money laundering for Russian oligarchs will be the big ticket. Here is a "small" example:

Jeffery Epstein invited Trump to see a $36m Palm Beach mansion he planned to buy. Trump went behind Epstein’s back to buy the foreclosed property for around $40m through an entity called Trump Properties LLC, which was entirely financed by Deutsche Bank.

Trump made only minor improvements and put the house on the market for $125m. It was purchased for $96m by Dmitry Rybolovlev, part of a circle of government-aligned industrialists in Russia.
Beren wrote:Collusion with Russia would be a national embarrassment, but Trump caught with laundering money for Russians would only be his own.

Apparently, it's not a national embarrassment. We know that Hillary Clinton colluded with a British spy to gather information damaging to Donald Trump from the Russians, and hid the operation through the DNC, Perkins Coie and Fusion GPS. We also know that the DoJ provided an immigration parole to Nataliya Veselnitskaya after her visa application was denied by the State Department, and that a Hillary Clinton donor suggested a meeting between Trump Jr. and Veselnitskaya; and, that Veselnitskaya met with Fusion GPS' Glenn Simpson before and after the meeting with Trump Jr. We know that Nellie Ohr, Bruce Ohr's wife, was one of the conduits for getting the dossier into the FBI--another was John McCain. Mueller made it clear that Russian government agents did interfere in the election. We also know that some Russians were trafficking "Kompromat" to Adam Schiff, who was more than willing to listen. There does not seem to be any "national" embarrassment on the part of the Democrats colluding with the Russians, nor any balanced sentiment directed toward the Democrats by the media. Of course, we know why: collusion is not a crime, and that was not the objective of the investigation. :|

It appears that they used a counter-intelligence approach, because legally they didn't have probable cause for a criminal investigation. The entire exercise was to harass Trump from the outset. It's quite transparent now thanks to Devin Nunes. :excited:

jimjam wrote:Trump went behind Epstein’s back to buy the foreclosed property for around $40m through an entity called Trump Properties LLC, which was entirely financed by Deutsche Bank.

Trump made only minor improvements and put the house on the market for $125m. It was purchased for $96m by Dmitry Rybolovlev, part of a circle of government-aligned industrialists in Russia.

You cannot go behind someone's back to buy a foreclosed property. You should know. You are a real estate investor. Additionally, foreclosed properties have to be paid for up front. Maybe Trump Properties, LLC had that kind of a line of credit with Deutsche Bank. However, Dimitry Rybolovlev could have purchased the property on his own accord. He did not need Trump to buy it, renovate it, and then sell it to him at a profit. What Trump did is called "flipping" in the industry. Again, I have no doubt you know this already.

Additionally, if Trump purchased the property for $40M and sold it for $96M, he netted $56M dollars, which is more than your post involving Bannon claimed he was worth. I know you're getting up there in age, but your math can't be that rusty. :moron:
By Beren
blackjack21 wrote:Hillary Clinton

Hillary Clinton is not president. If she were president no Democratic investigation would find she or her campaign colluded with a hostile foreign power.
By Hindsite
Beren wrote:Any kind, I guess. :lol:

Oh, so it's another witch hunt.
Beren wrote:Hillary Clinton is not president. If she were president no Democratic investigation would find she or her campaign colluded with a hostile foreign power.

But a Republican investigation would.
Praise the Lord.
By Beren
Hindsite wrote:Oh, so it's another witch hunt.

There's a lot of witch hunt in the US and Israel recently. :excited:

Hindsite wrote:But a Republican investigation would.

She would even be impeached I guess, since even a blowjob in the Oval Office was enough for the Republicans to impeach her husband. :lol:
By Hindsite
Beren wrote:There's a lot of witch hunt in the US and Israel recently. :excited:

She would even be impeached I guess, since even a blowjob in the Oval Office was enough for the Republicans to impeach her husband. :lol:

Bill Clinton was impeached for lying under oath, not for receiving a blow job, which he also did.
By Beren
Hindsite wrote:Bill Clinton was impeached for lying under oath, not for receiving a blow job, which he also did.

So he was impeached for lying under oath about receiving a blowjob then. No wonder he got reelected by a huge margin! :lol:

By jimjam
blackjack21 wrote:Additionally, if Trump purchased the property for $40M and sold it for $96M, he netted $56M dollars, which is more than your post involving Bannon claimed he was worth. I know you're getting up there in age, but your math can't be that rusty.

I knew what I posted was far from the complete story when I posted it. My purpose was to illustrate the confluence of Obese Donald, Russian oligarchs, multi millions of dollars and the Deutsche Bank (a proven laundromat of Russian oligarch money). I'll leave it to young bucks such as yourself and a few dozen accountants to track the money through Donald's criminal/corporate labyrinth which was designed to, among other things, cover up crimes and under pay taxes ………….The Trump Organization is the collective name for a group of approximately 500 business entities of which Donald Trump, is the sole or principal owner. Approximately 250 entities use the Trump name. :)

On a personal note ….. Getting up in age is usually fine but difficulties do multiply. Two years ago I suffered a seizure which hospitalized me and degraded my memory. One reason I waste so much time on POFO is to exercise my brain against highly intelligent persons such as yourself in an effort to avoid dementia. So far so good. Thanks for the help.
Last edited by jimjam on 30 May 2019 02:47, edited 1 time in total.

Considering you have the intelligence of an oyste[…]

Liberals and centrists even feel comfortable just[…]

UK study finds young adults taking longer to find […]

He's a parasite

The Truth Social platform seems to have very littl[…]