Trump and Russiagate - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By jimjam
Here is today's disaster promulgated by our Amateur In The White House

The Republican chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee slammed Donald Trump on Monday over a report the president divulged highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador.

"To compromise a source is something that you just don't do," Sen. Bob Corker told reporters. "That's why we keep the information that we get from intelligence sources so close, is to prevent that from happening."
By Godstud
Day 116 of Trump's Presidency.

The Trump train wreck continues...
After listening to this fat head whinging for a year or more over Hillary's handling of emails, this. Good grief.

He needs to hire staff. Professionals who know what's what. Trump's in way over his head.

EDIT

Now the WH is trying to rein it in. Right. He's been so smart and honourable up to now.,.
Another Scandal. Just another day in the office for Trump and Pence. I doubt it would take anything less than the full might of the over-funded US military to get our fascist religious **** to budge from the oval office.
By jimjam
Trump betrayed an intelligence source and leaked secrets to his Russian visitors. From all we know so far, Trump didn’t do it because he is a Russian agent, or for any malevolent intent. He did it because he is sloppy, because he lacks all impulse control, and above all because he is a 7-year-old boy desperate for the approval of those he admires.

Trump’s statements don’t necessarily come from anywhere, lead anywhere or have a permanent reality beyond his wish to be liked at any given instant. We’ve got this perverse situation in which the vast analytic powers of the entire world are being spent trying to understand a guy whose thoughts are often just six fireflies beeping randomly in a jar. And out of that void comes a carelessness that quite possibly betrayed an intelligence source, and endangered a country.
@MememyselfandIJK So scandals are okay or acceptable? Riiiight. Or perhaps it depends on the type of scandal. A Trump scandal is fine but a Hillary or Obama scandal....the horror! We must lock them up, NOW!!! :eek:
By Hong Wu
Another "anonymous sources" story. Perhaps they will do this every time Trump meets with anyone from Russia?

Edit: Apparently they had one named source and the source has denied it.
By jimjam
Trump, in his tweets, also did not deny sharing classified information and instead defended his right to share security information with the Russians.

“As President I wanted to share with Russia (at an openly scheduled W.H. meeting) which I have the absolute right to do, facts pertaining to terrorism and airline flight safety. "

The reports have raised fresh questions about Trump’s ability to handle the commander-in-chief role and his coziness with Russia, an issue that cast a shadow over both his campaign and his early presidency.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) was a bit more direct Tuesday morning in an interview with Bloomberg TV:“I think we could do with a little less drama from the White House on a lot of things."

No offense to the Trump Cult but this guy, a man who has never held an elected position as even dog catcher, seems incompetent for the job he has. He simply lurches from one disaster to the next and acts like a drowning man who is in way over his head.
“As President I wanted to share with Russia (at an openly scheduled W.H. meeting) which I have the absolute right to do, facts pertaining to terrorism and airline flight safety. "

Thing is, another country gave this intelligence to the US. If Trump didn't ask them for permission to share it with Russia , that source probably just shut down. I've heard that High Lord Blabberpuss gave enough details that the Russians could reverse engineer the Intel, and pretty much know who said what and where it was said.
By Rich
jimjam wrote:Trump betrayed an intelligence source

Betrayed? Betrayed! >:

The Russian are the ones actually fighting Islamic terror and Sunni Islamic terror in particular. They supported the Northern Alliance, before we did. They fought them in Chechnya and now they are fighting them in Syria. You know the Sunnis, the ones that stormed the Grand Mosque, because the government had introduced female TV presenters, the ones behind 9/11, Al Qaeda, the Beslan massacrer and ISIS.

Of course not all Sunnis are bad misogynistic reactionaries. The Saudis gave huge sums to your friend's the Clinton to support women's rights though that nice foundation that they had. I'm sure the Saudis weren't looking for anything in return.
By jimjam
The intelligence that trump was bragging about appears to have come from a town in Syria and was provided by Israel.

Israel’s concerns about the Trump White House’s handling of classified information were foreshadowed in the Israeli news media this year. Newspapers there reported in January that American officials warned their Israeli counterparts to be careful about what they told the Trump administration because it could be leaked to the Russians, given Mr. Trump’s openness toward President Vladimir V. Putin.

The episode could have far-reaching consequences, Democrats warned. Any country that shares intelligence with American officials “could decide it can’t trust the United States with information, or worse, that it can’t trust the president of the United States with information,” said Representative Adam B. Schiff of California, the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee.
By Philby
BBC wrote:Trump 'asked for halt to Flynn inquiry'

President Donald Trump asked FBI chief James Comey to end an inquiry into links between his ex-national security adviser and Russia, US media report.

"I hope you can let this go," Mr Trump reportedly told Mr Comey after a White House meeting in February, according to a memo written by the ex-FBI director.

The memo was written immediately after the meeting, a day after Michael Flynn resigned, according to US media.

The White House has denied the report in a statement.

Well, well, well....
By Hong Wu
After claiming they were hacked, the DNC refused to let the FBI examine their servers. One has to wonder how a full blown Russia investigation could be done without a full analysis of the servers the Russians are accused of hacking. This is another reason why I don't think a full Russian investigation is actually desired by the DNC. This is the same group that was caught smashing hard drives with hammers and so-on.
By jimjam
i doubt trump will be booted out and have i have evolved to the point where i think that would be the least bad option. He seems to be rather incompetent for the position. Hasn't done much more than sign unilateral proclamations, get a really bad bill passed by the House that is going nowhere and bellow out nonsense on a daily basis. In just 3 months he has managed to get himself in deep with a few investigations that will hog tie him further. Let's let him waste away the months until one or both the House and Senate switch. We just have to hope that he doesn't pop off some nukes.
Hillary Clinton was going to drag the world back into the treacherous depths of a new cold war, not that the cold war had ever really ended.

I have no love for either Russia or America but the last thing we need is two insane, nuclear armed nations at each others throats putting the rest of the world in danger.

If Russia and America inhabited a different space I wouldnt blink twice if the decided to wipe each other out but as it stands bad relations between these two super powers is unfortunately bad news for all of mankind.

It's the Elite of the USA that is "jealous[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@late If you enter a country, without permiss[…]

Anomie: in societies or individuals, a conditi[…]

@FiveofSwords " black " Genetically[…]