Trump and Russiagate - Page 182 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Libertarian353 wrote:That's the point, he's sealion and gaslighting you. He's a master at it, but luckily his bigotry is easily blatant, so his rhetoric falls apart. He just wants a race war, no more or less. I'm more worried about One Degree and Hindsite, who truly believe they aren't racist.

No need to worry about me. I know exactly who I am. I was a racist when I was 10, if it is possible to be a racist at 10. I lived in a small all white town with a GM foundry that employed 3 times the number of Blacks than people in my town. I never met a single one, but I saw them everyday driving through. One day I was with a group that yelled racist insults at a passing car so I guess that made me racist. The rest of the time they were just part of the scenery.
As a teenager, I was intolerant but not racist same as my Black friends at the time.
I changed with the changes our country went through so I am probably more aware of the subtle distinctions than those of you born later or never lived in a mixed race community. Now, most of you only understand through black and white thinking of literature rather than the subtleties of reality.
By jimjam
On Monday, the Senate Intelligence Committee released two reports it commissioned about the nature and scale of Russia’s social media disinformation campaign. One was produced by New Knowledge, a Texas cybersecurity company, along with researchers at Columbia University and Canfield Research; the other was written by researchers at Oxford University’s Computational Propaganda Project along with Graphika, a company that analyzes social media.

Russian propaganda, one of the reports found, had about 187 million engagements on Instagram, reaching at least 20 million users, and 76.5 million engagements on Facebook, reaching 126 million people. Approximately 1.4 million people, the report said, engaged with tweets associated with the Internet Research Agency. “The organic Facebook posts reveal a nuanced and deep knowledge of American culture, media and influencers in each community the I.R.A. targeted,” it said.

Both reports note that there was hardly a social platform, however obscure, that the Internet Research Agency did not invade: Reddit, Google+, Vine, Gab, Meetup, Pinterest, Tumblr and more. The Russian trolls even created a podcast on SoundCloud.

The campaign against the United States in 2016 was historic on several counts: It was the first major foreign influence campaign aimed at affecting a presidential election; it was the biggest influence operation ever to be aimed at Americans from another country; and it was the biggest attack ever — using virtual, not physical weapons — on the United States by its old Cold War adversary, albeit slimmed down from the Soviet Union to Russia alone. It will be studied for years.
Lst’s do the same investigation into the EU’s attempts to influence the election. I will take bets it would make Russian attempts pale in comparison. The naivety of ‘Russian fear’ supporters is really sad.
By jimjam
James Clapper, the former director of National Intelligence has said “We try not to spy on Americans. It’s not in our charter.” He emphasized that, although he and other intelligence officials produced—and shared with Trump—a postelection report confirming an extensive cyberattack by Russia, the assessment did not attempt to gauge how this foreign meddling had affected American voters. Speaking for himself, however, he told me that “it stretches credulity to think the Russians didn’t turn the election. It’s hard to convey to people how massive an assault this was,” and added, “I think the Russians have more to do with making Clinton lose than Trump did.”

Michael Hayden, the former director of the C.I.A. and the N.S.A., has called the Russian attacks “the most successful covert influence operation in history."
By Hindsite
One Degree wrote:No need to worry about me. I know exactly who I am. I was a racist when I was 10, if it is possible to be a racist at 10. I lived in a small all white town with a GM foundry that employed 3 times the number of Blacks than people in my town. I never met a single one, but I saw them everyday driving through. One day I was with a group that yelled racist insults at a passing car so I guess that made me racist. The rest of the time they were just part of the scenery.
As a teenager, I was intolerant but not racist same as my Black friends at the time.
I changed with the changes our country went through so I am probably more aware of the subtle distinctions than those of you born later or never lived in a mixed race community. Now, most of you only understand through black and white thinking of literature rather than the subtleties of reality.

I was raised in Texas from the age of under two and saw what racism was all about from the white against black point of view. After 20 years is the U.S. Army and returning to civilian life in Georgia, I was able to see some racism from the black against white point of view. So I am as certain as I can be that I am not racist based on skin color. If I don't like someone, it is because of some other reason than skin color. Praise the Lord.

jimjam wrote:James Clapper, the former director of National Intelligence has said “We try not to spy on Americans. It’s not in our charter.” He emphasized that, although he and other intelligence officials produced—and shared with Trump—a postelection report confirming an extensive cyberattack by Russia, the assessment did not attempt to gauge how this foreign meddling had affected American voters. Speaking for himself, however, he told me that “it stretches credulity to think the Russians didn’t turn the election. It’s hard to convey to people how massive an assault this was,” and added, “I think the Russians have more to do with making Clinton lose than Trump did.”

Michael Hayden, the former director of the C.I.A. and the N.S.A., has called the Russian attacks “the most successful covert influence operation in history."

They were partisan Democrats.
By Ter
skinster wrote:Mueller Dropping Russia Probe, Says Trump Working for Israel and Saudis

Interesting web site...

Look what I found there

https://geopolitics.co/2017/09/08/khaza ... more-49233

some choice excerpts:

Khazarians were known by those living in bordering countries to generally be liars, deceivers, cons, robbers, road warriors, rapists, pedophiles, murderers, identity thieves and social parasites of the worst variety. And to make matters worse, their ruler King Bulan did nothing to reverse this because he too was like them.

Khazarians’ origin is believed to have been a hybridization between Turks and Mongols, with absolutely no genetic ties to the ancient Hebrews.

It is truly interesting that these Khazarians have absolutely no ancient Hebrew Blood at all, none, although their leaders usually claim to carry ancient Hebrew Blood and to be Semites, when they are not Semites at all, and have absolutely no ancestral rights to any land in the Mideast.

Eventually these Khazarian Royals became adept at Babylonian Talmudic “money-magick” that is, making money from nothing by the use of pernicious usury. They often assumed the identity of Judaics and claimed to have ancient Hebrew blood, when they had none and only carried Khazarian blood.

It is a long pubication, one of the worst antisemitic texts I have ever seen.
By jimjam
Hindsite wrote:They were partisan Democrats

And so it goes. Hey, I see where a few dozen Republicans in the House preferred to go home for Christmas and spend time with their families rather than spend a week in the Washington hate fest listening to Donald's lies, insults and self aggrandizing hot air. Donald is and will forever remain Mr. Wonderful for his conned worshipers but for most …. his act is wearing thin to say the least. Boring :lol: .

Merry Christmas
jimjam wrote:The campaign against the United States in 2016 was historic on several counts: It was the first major foreign influence campaign aimed at affecting a presidential election; it was the biggest influence operation ever to be aimed at Americans from another country; and it was the biggest attack ever — using virtual, not physical weapons — on the United States by its old Cold War adversary, albeit slimmed down from the Soviet Union to Russia alone. It will be studied for years.

It's a pretty lame conclusion coming from the US Senate. The influence into Bill Clinton's campaign by the Chinese government which got them Most Favored Nation trading status and admission to the World Trade Organization was easily the biggest political coup of my lifetime. I find it amusing that Flynn gets chastised as selling out his country while Bill and Hillary Clinton have done orders of magnitude worse and receive no penalties whatsoever. On top of all of that, the US Senate apparently ignores the US's influence campaigns around the world, as if the Arab Spring wasn't launched by Washington hacks. This is nothing more than blowback. It should be expected, yet these people seem surprised.

One Degree wrote:Lst’s do the same investigation into the EU’s attempts to influence the election. I will take bets it would make Russian attempts pale in comparison. The naivety of ‘Russian fear’ supporters is really sad.

Or Israel, or China, ...

jimjam wrote:James Clapper, the former director of National Intelligence has said “We try not to spy on Americans. It’s not in our charter.” He emphasized that, although he and other intelligence officials produced—and shared with Trump—a postelection report confirming an extensive cyberattack by Russia, the assessment did not attempt to gauge how this foreign meddling had affected American voters.

A "former" British MI-6 officer created a phony dossier that he peddled to the FBI to launch FISA investigations into a US political campaign and then an independent counsel of a sitting US president. That strikes me as foreign involvement in US politics. How about you?

jimjam wrote:Speaking for himself, however, he told me that “it stretches credulity to think the Russians didn’t turn the election. It’s hard to convey to people how massive an assault this was,” and added, “I think the Russians have more to do with making Clinton lose than Trump did.”

Yeah. It's really amazing how the Russians got Hillary Clinton to openly tell people in Pennsylvania and West Virginia that she was going to put them out of work, and later called them "deplorable" for supporting Donald Trump. I wonder how they pulled that off.
Christopher Steele, the former British spy who prepared the Russia “dossier” that has led to more than two years of investigations into President Donald Trump’s campaign, has told a London court that he was hired to provide a basis to challenge the legitimacy of the 2016 presidential election in the event that Trump won.

Steele’s dossier was used by the FBI to obtain a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant to spy on several Trump associates.

In an answer to interrogatories, Mr. Steele wrote: “Fusion’s immediate client was law firm Perkins Coie. It engaged Fusion to obtain information necessary for Perkins Coie LLP to provide legal advice on the potential impact of Russian involvement on the legal validity of the outcome of the 2016 US Presidential election.

“Based on that advice, parties such as the Democratic National Committee and HFACC Inc. (also known as ‘Hillary for America’) could consider steps they would be legally entitled to take to challenge the validity of the outcome of that election.”

The Democrats never filed a challenge, but Mr. Steele’s answer suggested that was one option inside the Clinton camp, which funded Mr. Steele’s research along with the Democratic National Committee. The U.S. intelligence community concluded that Moscow interfered in the election by hacking Democratic Party computers and stealing emails that it released via WikiLeaks.

Mr. Steele faces a defamation suit in London, this one from Russian entrepreneur Aleksej Gubarev, owner of XBT Holdings and provider of computer servers to thousands of clients.

In his final December 2016 dossier memo, Mr. Steele accused Mr. Gubarev of actually performing the hacking on Democratic computers under duress from Russian intelligence. He said in a court filing that the allegation came from unsolicited call-ins.

In a declaration included in a Friday sentencing filing, the Justice Department revealed that a high-level Senate intelligence staffer who pleaded guilty to lying to investigators about his media contacts also was at the center of the FBI's probe into the "known disclosure" of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant to surveil a top aide to President Trump.

However, the staffer, 58-year-old James Wolfe, was never charged specifically with leaking any classified information, even though prosecutors alleged he had used his position to "cultivate relationships with multiple young, female reporters, who were attempting to gain information."

He instead struck a plea deal with prosecutors at the Justice Department to admit to a false-statements charge concerning his unauthorized contacts with reporters -- after his lawyers sent letters to each senator on the U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence (SSCI) notifying them that they might need to testify as part of his criminal trial, if one occurred.

In an affidavit attached to Friday's filing, the FBI special agent overseeing the Wolfe investigation noted that there had been a "known disclosure of classified information -- the FISA application," apparently referring to the government's highly secret application to surveil former Trump campaign aide Carter Page.

Page, who has never been charged with wrongdoing despite months of surveillance, is now suing several key players, including the Democratic National Committee (DNC), for alleged defamation stemming from their attempts to link him to Russian collusion in the wake of the leaked FISA application.
By jimjam
Flynn was found guilty of conspiring against the United States of America. Today Trump wished him good luck in sentencing and Huckabee Sanders sent him "warm wishes." Think about that. Warm wishes from the White House to a traitor to the United States.
jimjam wrote:Flynn was found guilty of conspiring against the United States of America. Today Trump wished him good luck in sentencing and Huckabee Sanders sent him "warm wishes." Think about that. Warm wishes from the White House to a traitor to the United States.

Flynn was charged with lying to the FBI, which itself is a dubious and obviously politically motivated charge. The reason Flynn plead guilty was to keep his son out of trouble as Flynn and son were lobbying on behalf of a person with direct ties to the government of Turkey. Turkey is a military ally of the United States. They are a member of NATO. They are also a partner in the F-35 joint strike fighter program.

In spite of your regular denunciations of Trump, can you see why the establishment's rhetoric simply doesn't have any credibility anymore? Why would we sell the Turks the most advanced fighter plane in the world AND consider them a partner in developing it with access to sensitive classified information, and then have a judge call a US person guilty of treason when they haven't even been charged with anything more than lying to the FBI merely for representing the interests of someone with direct contact to a US and NATO military ally merely because they didn't file the requisite paperwork--which nobody does by the way, as it was only done to target Nazis back in the day?

I found the judge's comments quite intriguing. Didn't you? For someone so passionate about these issues, you seem to have a startling lack of curiosity about outbursts like that.

No seems to be able to confront what the consequen[…]

https://twitter.com/i/status/1781393888227311712

I like what Chomsky has stated about Manufacturin[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

...The French were the first "genociders&quo[…]