Trump and Russiagate - Page 186 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Hindsite
One Degree wrote:You lost me. I was not even aware there was a discussion about a connection.

I believe he may be talking about the conspiracy theory that Trump has been doing the bidding of Putin for getting him elected President. There is supposedly back channel communication between Trump and Putin that only they know about. Putin then tells Trump what to do.
Hindsite wrote:I believe he may be talking about the conspiracy theory that Trump has been doing the bidding of Putin for getting him elected President. There is supposedly back channel communication between Trump and Putin that only they know about. Putin then tells Trump what to do.

So, Putin wanted the government shutdown for some reason? I still don’t see the connection, or how the shutdown would effect Mueller.
By jimjam
In the days after President Trump fired James B. Comey as F.B.I. director, law enforcement officials became so concerned by the president’s behavior that they began investigating whether he had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests, according to former law enforcement officials and others familiar with the investigation.

The inquiry carried explosive implications. Counterintelligence investigators had to consider whether the president’s own actions constituted a possible threat to national security. Agents also sought to determine whether Mr. Trump was knowingly working for Russia or had unwittingly fallen under Moscow’s influence.

But the president’s activities before and after Mr. Comey’s firing in May 2017, particularly two instances in which Mr. Trump tied the Comey dismissal to the Russia investigation, helped prompt the counterintelligence aspect of the inquiry.

F.B.I. officials viewed their decision to move quickly as validated when a comment the president made to visiting Russian officials in the Oval Office shortly after he fired Mr. Comey was revealed days later.

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to a document summarizing the meeting. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”
Beren wrote:Here is the real crisis.

Putting an exclamation point after the word Russians doesn't make the article even remotely more interesting.

Fake News wrote:And sharing poll numbers with a Russian isn't direct collusion -- although the timing of Manafort's conversations, which came shortly before Russia hacked into the Democratic National Committee servers and extracted emails that were eventually posted on the WikiLeaks website, is suspicious, to say the least.

America is a country of 300M people. Russia is a country of 190M people. Plenty of Russians and Americans spoke to each other prior to the Wikileaks leak. Conversations by themselves are not suspicious. :roll:

Fake News wrote:The broader point here is that the news earlier this week about Manafort's conversations with Kilimnik changed the game. No longer is this about what Manafort did prior to ever even entering Trump's orbit. Now the conversation is about what Manafort did WHILE he was serving as the top official of Trump's campaign.

It never should have been what Manafort did prior to entering Trump's orbit. The entire thing was supposed to be about the idea that Trump asked Russians to hack the DNC server, Hillary Clinton and John Podesta. There isn't a shred of evidence that this ever occurred. It's nice that they are finally--after two fucking years--focusing on the relevant time in question. That, however, isn't all that interesting of a game changer. Apparently, we're supposed to imagine that the scenario looks like this: "Hey Russian dude!" "Da" "Take a look at these polls." "Wow! I think I will go and hack server and leak contents to Wikileaks" "You do that Russian dude!" These people are frigging delirious.

One Degree wrote:You lost me. I was not even aware there was a discussion about a connection.

If you had a conversation with a Russian in 2016 before the DNC server was hacked, you are suspicious according to these knuckleheads. :roll: Being on the special counsel must be a fat paycheck.

jimjam wrote:In the days after President Trump fired James B. Comey as F.B.I. director, law enforcement officials became so concerned by the president’s behavior that they began investigating whether he had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests, according to former law enforcement officials and others familiar with the investigation.

Really? Who? Rosenstein recommended that Comey be fired. Are you talking about Peter Strzok? Lisa Page? Andrew McCabe?

The one thing consistent about Trump confrontations is that the people who take him on usually seem to be the ones that are on the way down and out.

jimjam wrote:The inquiry carried explosive implications. Counterintelligence investigators had to consider whether the president’s own actions constituted a possible threat to national security. Agents also sought to determine whether Mr. Trump was knowingly working for Russia or had unwittingly fallen under Moscow’s influence.

The explosive implication is that a bunch of counterintelligence douche bags think they can decide what constitutes national security on their own and act independently of the president. In the law of Principal and Agent, Trump is the principal. They are the agents. What we have here is essentially a case of insubordination. Nothing more.

Trump was right. The only valid criticism of Trump is that he hasn't fired more people.
By Hindsite
There has been a lot of those Democrat deep state operative fired or removed from the FBI after that because of the uncover of their political bias by the FBI's Inspector General, too. There still needs to be an independent special prosecutor assigned to further investigate the FBI malfeasance.

One Degree wrote:So, Putin wanted the government shutdown for some reason? I still don’t see the connection, or how the shutdown would effect Mueller.

There is no connection. It was just a made up conspiracy theory. CNN and MSNBC have been talking more about how the FBI were spying on Trump during the 2016 election and they continued to do it after he was elected and was in office proving that Trump was correct when he said the Obama Administration wiretapped his phones and were spying on him. Of course, those lying pundits say it in a way that claim Trump was secretly working for the Russians and the FBI had to investigate the President for conspiracy with Putin. I even heard one Democrat Congressmen say on CNN that Putin wants Trump to shutdown the government to cause disruption. This is just more craziness because of the Trump derangement syndrome overcoming the Dems.
By Torus34
"Curiouser and curiouser', cried Alice," [Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll.] And so it is with the matter of Russia, the President of the United States of America Donald Trump and the election of 2016.

We now have a revelation, possibly true,* that President Trump went so far as to secrete notes of some of his meetings with President of Russia Vladimir Putin and swear his translator to secrecy. This leads to a question.

Can the Congress of the United States of America exercise its subpoena power and require one who has acted as a translator for the President to testify? I understand that lying to the Congress is a not-insignificant matter.

For conspiratory theorists, you might wish to ponder whether the translator could be considered a co-conspirator and therefore have a legitimate reason to claim protection from testifying under the umbrella of the 5th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America.

* In matters Trumpian, the wise writer adds this particular disclaimer every few sentences or risks the derision of those concerned with the truth. The poem, Constantly Risking Absurdity, by Lawrence Ferlinghetti, applies nicely.
Last edited by Torus34 on 13 Jan 2019 12:17, edited 1 time in total.
By Suntzu
Torus34 wrote:"Curiouser and curiouser', cried Alice," [Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll.] And so it is with the matter of Russia, the President of the United States of America Donald Trump and the election of 2016.

We now have a revelation, possibly true,* that President Trump went so far as to secrete notes of some of his meetings with President of Russia Vladimir Putin and swear his translator to secrecy. This leads to a question I've posed elsewhere.

Can the Congress of the United States of America exercise its subpoena power and require one who has acted as a translator for the President to testify? I understand that lying to the Congress is a not-insignificant matter.

For conspiratory theorists, you might wish to ponder whether the translator could be considered a co-conspirator and therefore have a legitimate reason to claim protection from testifying under the umbrella of the 5th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America.

* In matters Trumpian, the wise writer adds this particular disclaimer every few sentences or risks the derision of those concerned with the truth.

This translator is actually the lesbian lover of Hillary Clinton. :lol:
Torus34 wrote:"Curiouser and curiouser', cried Alice," [Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll.] And so it is with the matter of Russia, the President of the United States of America Donald Trump and the election of 2016.

We now have a revelation, possibly true,* that President Trump went so far as to secrete notes of some of his meetings with President of Russia Vladimir Putin and swear his translator to secrecy. This leads to a question.

* In matters Trumpian, the wise writer adds this particular disclaimer every few sentences or risks the derision of those concerned with the truth. The poem, Constantly Risking Absurdity, by Lawrence Ferlinghetti, applies nicely.

You think it is unusual for world leaders or anyone to speak to one another in confidence? Where is the outrage over Democrats meeting with foreign leaders? The different people who have gone to North Korea for talks are far more serious than anything Trump has been remotely accused of and nothing has been done to any of them.
https://www.newsmax.com/thewire/us-high ... id/847731/
By Torus34
One Degree:

Sir, what I think about matters which do not bear directly on the question in the OP is not of concern here.

Regards.
By jimjam

President Trump has gone to extraordinary lengths to conceal details of his conversations with Russian President Vladi­mir Putin, including on at least one occasion taking possession of the notes of his own interpreter and instructing the linguist not to discuss what had transpired with other administration officials, current and former U.S. officials said.

The concerns have been compounded by actions and positions Trump has taken as president that are seen as favorable to the Kremlin. He has dismissed Russia’s election interference as a “hoax,” suggested that Russia was entitled to annex Crimea, repeatedly attacked NATO allies, resisted efforts to impose sanctions on Moscow, and begun to pull U.S. forces out of Syria — a move that critics see as effectively ceding ground to Russia.
@jimjam , you are heading toward being a conspiracy nut. Quit following whatever nonsense you have tapped into recently. :)
By jimjam
One Degree wrote:@jimjam , you are heading toward being a conspiracy nut. Quit following whatever nonsense you have tapped into recently. :)

Coming from you I must take this as a high compliment.

BTW …….. Have you heard that Lee Harvey Oswald killed Kennedy by himself alone? :eek:
jimjam wrote:Coming from you I must take this as a high compliment.

BTW …….. Have you heard that Lee Harvey Oswald killed Kennedy by himself alone? :eek:

I remember that. Didn’t he throw a book at him or something? :)
By jimjam
Beren wrote:He aimed and threw three books at him within 5.5 seconds, and one of them was a magic book.

Yes, I believe there was a bullet that took a number of turns and flew in circles or something like that which was presented as conclusive evidence by non other than the so called "Supreme" Court that there was no conspiracy.
Last edited by jimjam on 13 Jan 2019 18:22, edited 1 time in total.
jimjam wrote:Yes, I believe there was a bullet that took a number of turns and flew in circles of something like that which was presented as conclusive evidence by non other than the so called "Supreme" Court that there was no conspiracy.

None of the conspiracy theories made any sense. Why would Ruby kill him to shut him up instead of just doing the assasination himself?
By Beren
jimjam wrote:Yes, I believe there was a bullet that took a number of turns and flew in circles of something like that which was presented as conclusive evidence by non other than the so called "Supreme" Court that there was no conspiracy.

And it remained intact and looked like a brand new bullet after it caused several injuries.
By skinster
Glenn Greenwald wrote:Watch ABC News Chief White House Correspondent Jonathan Karl say this week that a) the Mueller report will be "anti-climactic"; b) "Mueller did not go anywhere" with the Trump/Russia investigation the NYT reported; & c) Mueller likely found no evidence of collusion (his reporting, not mine):

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]