Trump's Dumb Economics - Page 64 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
User avatar
By Godstud
#15024033
BigSteve wrote:You're completely missing the point.
No, I think you're defending him because you feel you have to. $400k to a man who has even "$3 billion", is a drop in a bucket. He'd be donating more than that every year simply for tax purposes, and you know that. That'd be like me getting paid $1000 to do a job, and instead giving the money to charity. It's insignificant as a wage, since the benefits out-weigh them.

BigSteve wrote:No, he's pretty fuckin' successful. It's ludicrous to state otherwise...
:lol: He could have made as much money if he'd just thrown it in the bank. Yes, money is a standard for success in the business world, and since when is starting out with $400 million in 1971 and not being a great deal wealthier almost 50 years later, the sign of a good businessman?

You don't need to leap to his defense on this. He's proven that he's a poor businessman, something he takes pride in being known for. Try comparing him to other billionaires and you'll discover that he's pretty shitty.
#15024078
jimjam wrote:Of course they reneged. Obese Donald lies and reneges all the time. They are simply feeding Don some of his own medicine. Didn't you read what I posted? China announced today that they will not buy our agricultural products, which dovetails with their talks to buy Russian grain.

Yes, i read the nonsense you posted. China has been stealing from us for decades. President Nixon thought he could bring them out of the dark ages and communism. We have been letting them get away with a lot and Trump has decided to put a stop to it for our own good. The farmers can grow other that soy beans. Trump is providing financial aid to the farmers, so they should be happy to sacrifice a little for the good of our nation. If the Democrats would go ahead and ratify the Mexico and Canada trade deal, we will be fine without China.
User avatar
By Godstud
#15024081
A trade deficit is not "stealing". You've bought into Trump stupid-speak, hook, line, and sinker. :knife:
#15024126
Godstud wrote:A trade deficit is not "stealing". You've bought into Trump stupid-speak, hook, line, and sinker. :knife:

They have stolen our companies intellectual property.

IP theft—use of patents, trade secrets, trademarks, and copyrights without permission—may seem dry to many. But it represents big money. Intangible assets, which include IP, make up 80% of the value of S&P 500 companies, according to the Harvard Business Review.

IP theft may not seem the same as taking physical property, but it represents either a loss of opportunity or of competitive advantage that reduces the money a company could have made. The U.S. Trade Representative has estimated the annual loss to China at between $225 billion and $600 billion, according to CNN.

There are different ways Chinese companies reportedly obtain U.S. IP. Corporate espionage and cyberattacks are two, according to Axios. But so is forced technology transfers, in which the Chinese government compels companies investing in China to provide IP details and licenses.
User avatar
By Godstud
#15024135
@Hindsite Please provide actual sources for your claims.

You can't use CNN, either, as you always call that "Fake news".

This is a good article on it....

Best Practices: Intellectual Property Protection in China
https://www.uschina.org/reports/best-pr ... tion-china
#15024146
Godstud wrote:No, I think you're defending him because you feel you have to. $400k to a man who has even "$3 billion", is a drop in a bucket. He'd be donating more than that every year simply for tax purposes, and you know that. That'd be like me getting paid $1000 to do a job, and instead giving the money to charity. It's insignificant as a wage, since the benefits out-weigh them.

:lol: He could have made as much money if he'd just thrown it in the bank. Yes, money is a standard for success in the business world, and since when is starting out with $400 million in 1971 and not being a great deal wealthier almost 50 years later, the sign of a good businessman?

You don't need to leap to his defense on this. He's proven that he's a poor businessman, something he takes pride in being known for. Try comparing him to other billionaires and you'll discover that he's pretty shitty.


Your rabid hatred of the man relieves you of anything which would resemble objectivity, so I'll just let you go off on your little hissy fits...
#15024147
According to CNBC, Fred Trump actually loaned Donald around $60 million.

Donald Trump's net worth right now, according to Forbes, is roughly $3 billion, or about fifty times that initial loan.

I dunno'... doesn't seem so bad...
User avatar
By Godstud
#15024154
BigSteve wrote:Your rabid hatred of the man relieves you of anything which would resemble objectivity, so I'll just let you go off on your little hissy fits...
:lol: You're the one who's wrong and can't handle the reality. I don't hate the man. I think he's a tool, is all. He's an over-blown media blow-hard who's a poor businessman. You can't handle that because your head is too far up his ass.

BigSteve wrote:Donald Trump's net worth right now, according to Forbes, is roughly $3 billion, or about fifty times that initial loan.
Yet, I've shown evidence and sources showing he's a shit businessman and you can't acknowledge that realty. Trump got $413 million from daddy. You don't need to be a math genius to know that $3 billion isn't 50 times that. :lol:

Decades of Trump’s inheritance fail to explain how he’s funding mysterious cash purchases
Between the ages of 3 and 58, president Donald Trump inherited at least $413 million from his father’s business empire using some potentially fraudulent tax-dodging methods, a blockbuster New York Times investigation shows.
https://qz.com/1411006/trumps-413-milli ... -spending/
#15024252
Godstud wrote::lol: You're the one who's wrong and can't handle the reality. I don't hate the man. I think he's a tool, is all. He's an over-blown media blow-hard who's a poor businessman.


The reality is that the guy is rich as fuck and you're jealous because you're poor and live in a third world country.

Trump got $413 million from daddy. You don't need to be a math genius to know that $3 billion isn't 50 times that.


Fred Trump died in 1999. When he passed, his net worth was estimated to be between $250 and $300 million. So, if he inherited $413 million, as you foolishly insist, that would mean that an additional $113 million magically appeared somewhere and that Trump's three siblings received nothing...
User avatar
By Godstud
#15024359
BigSteve wrote:The reality is that the guy is rich as fuck and you're jealous because you're poor and live in a third world country.
:lol: That you have to resort to childish and stupid insults only shows how pathetic your argument is, and what poor character you have.

1) I'm far from being poor, having retired 7 years ago. I'm 51.
2) Thailand's a developing country with a strong economy, with an unemployment and poverty rate below that of the USA. Ignorance is the watermark of Americans, it seems.

BigSteve wrote:Fred Trump died in 1999. When he passed, his net worth was estimated to be between $250 and $300 million. So, if he inherited $413 million, as you foolishly insist, that would mean that an additional $113 million magically appeared somewhere and that Trump's three siblings received nothing...
I provided a source for that. You just post any stupid shit that comes into your head. There's a difference. https://qz.com/1411006/trumps-413-milli ... -spending/

That's OK, if you want to idolize a blowhard with mediocre(at best) business acumen, who's also a racist and misogynist, that's up to you.
#15024405
Godstud wrote:That's OK, if you want to idolize a blowhard with mediocre(at best) business acumen, who's also a racist and misogynist, that's up to you.


I don't idolize anyone and, if I did idolize Trump, I wouldn't be idolizing a racist and a misogynist, regardless of how loudly your whines that he is those things.

As to your "source", can you explain how Donald Trump inherited $413 million from an estate worth $300 million?

And, hey, I could've retired in Thailand on just my military pension when I retired from the service in 2001 at age 38, but then I would've had to have lived in fucking Thailand and, well, no...
User avatar
By Godstud
#15024408
BigSteve wrote:As to your "source", can you explain how Donald Trump inherited $413 million from an estate worth $300 million?
Read something, for a change, and you might just learn something. I posted the article link.

BigSteve wrote:And, hey, I could've retired in Thailand on just my military pension when I retired from the service in 2001 at age 38, but then I would've had to have lived in fucking Thailand and, well, no...
Instead you're a bitter old man. Thailand is far less fucked up than Florida, so I'm just fine, thanks. :D
#15024414
Godstud wrote: Instead you're a bitter old man. Thailand is far less fucked up than Florida, so I'm just fine, thanks.


I'm hardly bitter. And, aside from the humidity, Florida's hardly fucked up.

But Thailand?

Please. For the most part, it's no better now than when the 7th Fleet left it's "love you long time" money in Pattaya back in the 80's...
User avatar
By Godstud
#15024417
Since you are posting from a position of COMPLETE ignorance, I will dismiss your moronic opinion, outright, as the ramblings of a very bitter, and possibly jealous, old man. :D
#15024428
Godstud wrote:Since you are posting from a position of COMPLETE ignorance, I will dismiss your moronic opinion, outright, as the ramblings of a very bitter, and possibly jealous, old man. :D


Jealous?

LOL!!! That's fuckin' funny. Like I could give shit what you dismiss.

I've been there. It was a shit hole then, and I don't see any reason to believe it's different now.

You seem upset that I have that opinion of Thailand...
User avatar
By Godstud
#15024429
BigSteve wrote:You seem upset that I have that opinion of Thailand...
:lol: I'm not. I simply understand that basing an opinion of a place on when you were there 35 years ago is just pretty stupid. Thailand's not the country it was 35 years ago, and anyone with even half a brain would know that. Florida isn't the same place it was 35 years ago, either.

But hey, this was just an attempt to divert attention away from the topic, because you had no actual argument.

Here's more:

Tax figures show Trump business losses of $1.17 billion over 10 years, report says
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-york-t ... 019-05-08/

Trump's a poor businessman. I posted evidence showing this. You posted nothing.
#15024435
Godstud wrote::lol: I'm not. I simply understand that basing an opinion of a place on when you were there 35 years ago is just pretty stupid. Thailand's not the country it was 35 years ago, and anyone with even half a brain would know that. Florida isn't the same place it was 35 years ago, either.

But hey, this was just an attempt to divert attention away from the topic, because you had no actual argument.

Here's more:

Tax figures show Trump business losses of $1.17 billion over 10 years, report says
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-york-t ... 019-05-08/

Trump's a poor businessman. I posted evidence showing this. You posted nothing.

Writing off business losses is part of knowing how to be a good businessman.
#15024437
Godstud wrote:Trump's a poor businessman. I posted evidence showing this.


No, you didn't.

You posted things showing he's lost money. Hey, here's a fuckin' news flash for ya': Businesses lose money. If you had any experience in owning and running a business you would know this.

You're using the fact that he doesn't have as much money as he could of had as the litmus test for calling him a bad businessman. That's pretty short sighted. People with money take risks (something you've obviously never done). Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose and nothing is ever guaranteed.

But, the fact that's he's profoundly more rich now than he was when his father died is all any intelligent person needs to determine that Trump is a successful business man...
  • 1
  • 62
  • 63
  • 64
  • 65
  • 66
  • 74

So the only criticism of Greta is her age. No one […]

Trump, Oh my god !

Trump appears to have a genuine desire to dial bac[…]

^ Unbelievable. All of it. If you do know about […]

Ukrainegate

Would you like to see that Biden is not above the[…]