Migrant Caravan from Guatemala Approaching US, Just in Time for the Midterms! - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.

Mexico seems to be making a somewhat serious attempt to stop them.

There's allegations, possibly caught on video, that people in the caravan are being paid to attempt this during the US midterms by some organization, possibly a Soros-funded group. I personally wonder how poor migrants have the money to trek from Guatemala to the United States; how can they afford their food and water, how are logistics handled?

Trump has said that if they make it to the US border he will deploy the military (not the National Guard but the actual military) to block the caravan.

Some people have suggested that since they want jobs, maybe we could make them build the Great Wall of America.
Drlee wrote:This certainly is convenient for republicans. Suspiciously convenient. Very suspiciously convenient.

I actually considered it could work either way. Probably benefits Dems, but both are possible.
One Degree wrote:I read the CBS story which said the same thing, but then the last sentence said the caravan was continuing. So if they stopped them, how is it continuing?

Apparently the Mexicans f- it up. Imagine that? But no, seriously, I didn't think they'd be willing to stop it. They just wanted to look like they were doing something since it would harm relations with Trump if they did nothing at all.

Is it better for Republicans? It might be, yeah. Although it's interesting how far we've come from "putting kids in cages -- orange man bad" to "this migrant caravan is a Republican ploy" :P
In the spin-crazy world of US political party palaver, each side has a 'take' on the migrants. This observer finds the palaver humorous and the plight of the refugees sad. A curious combination of emotions.

My primary concern, come election day, is the possibility of a Republican/conservative take-over of our Federal government. It should be noted that I would be equally concerned with a Democratic/progressive takeover. Our federal government is being assaulted as never before by a 'winner-takes-all' mindset.

The risk in that mindset is that there's a corollary. It goes something like, 'We can do whatever we want, and no one can do anything about it.' It's not a problem as long as the actual actions are those honestly believed to be best for the country and its citizens. That this is not necessarily the way politicians think is summed up in a statement by Vice President of the United States of America Michael Pence: "I'm a Christian, a conservative, and a Republican, in that order,”.
The US miliary has literally gone to war because a few people in Syria got their heads chopped off.

The Mexican drug cartels are cutting people's heads off all the time, and now they can't even control their own borders and are going to allow thousands of fighting aged men to potentially enter the southern border.

The president is perfectly correct when he threatens to send the military to the border.
The president is perfectly correct when he threatens to send the military to the border.

That is correct. It is totally unnecessary though. Our huge border patrol can stop them. Easy. He is doing it as a grandstand play.

What he should do is close the Mexican border but that would make Mexico and a lot of rich Americans angry.

And Trump is going to save the day again, by stopping this invasion!

Yes. Very suspicious.

Pence: "I'm a Christian, a conservative, and a Republican, in that order,”.

There is nothing at all Christian about his policies. Just the opposite.

POD: Did anyone actually claim this is a Republican ploy, or is that just a meme?

I think so. First it challenges credulity to believe this just accidentally happened. I would not be surprised if Russian intelligence were not behind it to favor Trump and the republicans who are hand feeding them. If not them then some very dark political ops. Reasoning:

Look at the pictures of the so-called Caravan. Young men almost entirely. A few women for show. The Mexicans oppose their entering and send their army but they can't stop them? And they are letting them continue? Why? What did Trump trade? Why wouldn't Mexico, which has opposed Trump from the beginning just stop these illegal immigrants at the border or now? They HAVE to be getting something for this.

Bet. They head for Arizona. McSally, the republican candidate for Senate is behind in the polls. Count on it.

Some might think that this plays into the democrats hands. Not one bit. This is a huge danger for them. This will, and I am not exaggerating, steal the election for the republicans.

The republicans have shown that they will unabashedly use dirty tricks, racism, voter suppression and fraud to win.

So yes. I believe the so-called caravan is a republican dirty trick.
Drlee wrote:Some might think that this plays into the democrats hands. Not one bit. This is a huge danger for them. This will, and I am not exaggerating, steal the election for the republicans.

The republicans have shown that they will unabashedly use dirty tricks, racism, voter suppression and fraud to win.

So yes. I believe the so-called caravan is a republican dirty trick.

But it would be such a risky stunt to pull off.

A lot of immigration activists, such as ALIPAC, are wary of Republicans and if any such organizations caught wind that this operation could be tied to any conservative NGOs or Republicans, it would be all over for them.

It's a good conspiracy theory though, so not totally writing it off :up:
I take back my comment it is possible Republicans could be behind this. The key factor is it happened right before elections when congress is not in session.
Republicans would have loved to confront congressional Democrats with changing our laws over this. This is absolutely backed by Democrats.
follow the money. who is paying for this? I agree with Drlee ………………. Donald has already claimed that the election will be the "Caravan election" and that the Democrats are inviting in the hoards to ruin your life. Donald will swoop down like the Guardian Angel. He may even be outfitted with a military hat for this one. The Democrats must move fast to find out who is buying the food to feed 7000 people and who paid to organize the show. I doubt that 7000 folks simply showed up one day and started marching north.
Pants-of-dog wrote:If you guys really think this is part of a ploy by US groups, it would be easy to find out. Anyone could just ask one of the migrants.

Lol. They have been tutored in their answers. Like when the reporter asked why they did not accept asylum in Mexico, they all answered...
“Mexico’s asylum policy takes too long so we are going to walk all the way to the US where it is faster.”
Yeah, that’s believable.
Isn’t it amazing how 2,000 stopped at Mexico’s border became 5,000 in Mexico still marching for the US.
To believe this was not well planned by someone other than ‘desperate asylum seekers’ defies credulity.

He is even less coherent than Alex Jones. My gu[…]

Yes, and it did not order a ceasefire. Did you ev[…]

@Rugoz You are a fuckin' moralist, Russia could[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

A new film has been released destroying the offici[…]