Migrant Caravan from Guatemala Approaching US, Just in Time for the Midterms! - Page 32 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
One Degree wrote:“I rushed a secure border with my child and they repelled us. Look what they did to my child.”
Liberals like this because they too don’t believe in taking responsibility for their own lives and decisions. An American mother would be jailed for child endangerment, but this woman is suppose to be a victim. Lol

The gymnastics of the liberal mind are unbelievable.

The liberals don't seem to mind the children of U.S. Citizens being separated from their parents when the parents disobey the law, but the liberals cry holy hell when criminal aliens are separated from their children. These liberals are beyond crazy in my opinion.
Also, you can’t eliminate the poor. Someone has to be on the bottom. That’s the fallacy today. Our poor aren’t really poor, they are just at the bottom. That can’t be helped.

This is just about the stupidest thing I have heard on POFO for awhile.

That said.

These folks can't be allowed in until they have passed muster. If Mexico can't live with that they can deport these folks themselves.
XogGyux wrote:Rationalize using weapons on unarmed children all you wan't.

The news reports are that these migrants have been offered asylum and jobs in Mexico, but most of them refuse to accept the offer because they wish to invade the USA. These immigrant men deliberately put women and children in harms way in their attempt to assault the border agents and commit other crimes. Those children should be taken away from their parents forever, in my opinion. They are definitely unfit parents that would drag children along when committing crimes. It is nothing short of child abuse by the parents.
Drlee wrote:This is just about the stupidest thing I have heard on POFO for awhile.

That said.

These folks can't be allowed in until they have passed muster. If Mexico can't live with that they can deport these folks themselves.

Calling something stupid as your complete argument is a stupid argument. No poor person in the US is really poor by world standards. They are simply at the bottom of our economic heirarchy. If you have evidence to dispute this, present it.
They are definitely unfit parents that would drag children along when committing crimes. It is nothing short of child abuse by the parents.

Do you want to adopt one? Maybe we should put them in cages like the Trump administration decided to do originally and continues to do to this day.

We can turn these people back. Those who attempt to enter illegally should have their asylum claims denied, be detained and deported to the country of entry. Mexico. Of course Mexico will probably not take them so they will have to be sent home, wherever that is. By deported I mean deported by formal hearing for criminal entry. That will make them permanently ineligible to apply for asylum and subject to prison if they attempt another entry.

Those who want to play by the rules and apply for asylum should have expedited hearings while in custody and either be admitted or denied and returned to their port of entry.
Well that is not correct. No surprise there. But the real number is horrible nonetheless:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has said the shift was made to eliminate the backlog of asylum cases. In a statement in January, the agency said the backlog had reached 311,000 pending asylum cases.

Applying through an embassy does not work. One is not permitted to do that anyway and for legitimate asylum seekers it could be a death sentence.

What should happen is that these folks be detained at the border and a preliminary hearing made to allow or deny entry with the burden of proof on the asylum seeker. (As it already is.) Please note that in 2017 over 60% of asylum requests were disapproved.
Drlee wrote:Well that is not correct. No surprise there. But the real number is horrible nonetheless:

Applying through an embassy does not work. One is not permitted to do that anyway and for legitimate asylum seekers it could be a death sentence.

What should happen is that these folks be detained at the border and a preliminary hearing made to allow or deny entry with the burden of proof on the asylum seeker. (As it already is.) Please note that in 2017 over 60% of asylum requests were disapproved.

Our figures disagree again as mine show only 10% are eventually granted asylum and that is with our current ridiculous definition of what is a legitimate reason. So a realistic guess is probably less than 1 in a 100 have a legitimate reason.
Your proposal makes sense, but I am sure you know Dems would be all over it claiming violation of due process. The reality is also that no one except Mexicans and Canadians should be able to claim asylum at the border.
Dealing with any immigration bureaucratic system is a nightmare, at the very best of times, and I can understand the problems people have with it. It's probably worse when you have backlogs, like that.

Instead of pretending these people are a real threat to the USA(obviously not), he's be better off hiring those 5,000 judges, to expedite the cases, forthwith.

There's nothing wrong with exhibiting some human compassion towards these people, either. How you treat people often reflects on how they react to you.

One Degree wrote:Our figures disagree again as mine show only 10% are eventually granted asylum and that is with our current ridiculous definition of what is a legitimate reason. So a realistic guess is probably less than 1 in a 100 have a legitimate reason.
You pull figures out of your ass on a constant basis, so forgive us if we don't consider them worthwhile. Do you have an actual source to support these wild claims?

One Degree wrote:Your proposal makes sense, but I am sure you know Dems would be all over it claiming violation of due process.
The "Dems" Have never been against legal and lawful proposals. The Dems and Reps are pretty much on the same page in regards to most immigration, but to be bi-partisan, you like to pretend otherwise, and make up fanciful claims that Dems want illegals and open borders. There is no basis in reality for these claims, however.
Under the Obama Administration, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) law enforcement officials, including Border Patrol agents, utilized tear gas against migrants at or near the border at least 80 times between FY2012 and early FY2017.

“Over 1,000 individuals who were part of the so-called caravan attempted to cross illegally into the U.S. by breaching sections of the fence and using vehicle lanes in and near the San Ysidro Port of Entry. This group ignored law enforcement agencies in Mexico and assaulted U.S. Federal Officers and Agents assigned to respond to the situation in San Diego.”

Despite media reports to the contrary, CBP officers and agents operating under the Trump Administration responded the same way they did during the Obama Administration when, in 2013, migrants rushed the same stretch of border.

Democrat congressional leaders and Hollywood activists teamed up to condemn the Trump Administration’s use of force in defending the border but ignored President Obama’s prior, identical response.

Praise the Lord.
Godstud wrote:@Hindsite Please provide a link and not just some bullshit you found on Infowars.

Also, I highly doubt that it was used against women and children, but I guess a poe doesn't care about that.

Tear gas was not used against women and children this time. The targets were migrant men that stormed the border and attacked border guards. The Fake news media are lying again. Collateral damage sometimes occurs if the evil-doers attempt to use women and children as shields.
Godstud wrote:You have no source, so I assume it's more fake news from you. You're the only one spreading fake news around, @Hindsite.

The source comes from the border patrol and it was on FOX News. Google it yourself, if you don't believe me. I don't put out fake news like the liberal MSM does.
It's not my job to make your argument for you. You do it. Or are you simply too lazy to make your own arguments, now?

Fox News is MSM. :knife:

I am right, and you'd know that if you knew how to operate Google. :D
Godstud wrote:It's not my job to make your argument for you. You do it. Or are you simply too lazy to make your own arguments, now?

Fox News is MSM. :knife:

I am right, and you'd know that if you knew how to operate Google. :D

Here is just one example I googled:

Kirstjen Nielsen asserts women and children were ‘human shields’ in tear gas attack at border

“It appears in some cases that the limited number of women and children in the caravan are being used by the organizers as ‘human shields’ when they confront law enforcement,” she said in a statement. “They are being put at risk by the caravan organizers as we saw at the Mexico-Guatemala border. This is putting vulnerable people in harms way.”

“The accepted use of nonlethal force (also used by the Obama Administration in 2013) prevented further injury to agents and a mass illegal rush across the border,” Nielsen said.

The statement referred to an incident in President Barack Obama’s second term in which border agents used pepper spray against migrants who were throwing rocks and bottles at them, as the San Diego Union-Tribune reported at the time. Both incidents unfolded at the San Ysidro border crossing. The episode from five years ago has been seized on by conservative media, including Fox News, to defend the use of tear gas against asylum seekers, which drew condemnation from Democrats, activists and legal advocates.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... 9e3130f96a

None of what you said implies it is legal to haras[…]

That was weird

No, it won't. Only the Democrats will be hurt by […]

No. There is nothing arbitrary about whether peop[…]