Hate, Anger and Lies - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Suntzu
Zagadka wrote:Yay, let's cheer the government banning reporters. It's OK, Trump won't lie to you. Well, he will, but you won't care.

He banned an asshole. What the guy was doing had little to do with reporting. :roll:

Lol...

The Press Room turned momentarily into a kindergarten again. Acosta needs to go sit in the corner and learn his lesson.
By jimjam
Trump Lie Of The Day Award:

"I don’t know Whitaker," the president told reporters."

"I can tell you Matt Whitaker's a great guy," he said on an interview on "Fox and Friends" on Oct. 11. "I mean, I know Matt Whitaker."

:lol: The guy is a riot! :lol:
By jimjam
why is there such a level of hatred in America these days? if we disagree, why cannot we agree to disagree. and, yes, I am guilty.
jimjam wrote:Trump Lie Of The Day Award:

"I don’t know Whitaker," the president told reporters."

"I can tell you Matt Whitaker's a great guy," he said on an interview on "Fox and Friends" on Oct. 11. "I mean, I know Matt Whitaker."

:lol: The guy is a riot! :lol:

Trump never lies. Are you sure this isn't fake news?

jimjam wrote:why is there such a level of hatred in America these days? if we disagree, why cannot we agree to disagree. and, yes, I am guilty.

Good question. Tribalism and identity politics is basically what it's about. The term 'identity politics' basically seems to infer a situation where people identify with a particular political agenda.

I only know two people who have supported Trump. One is an old friend of mine, who is a very close friend. He likes how Trump tells it like it is, or something. This is not meant as slander, but as background; he hardly attended high school, and was a dropout, just like most of my childhood friends. He embraces hick culture, although I think he has above-average intelligence, and is pretty good at construction and working on motors. He's a good dude, although he did once catch a case for beating up his girlfriend (which I was really surprised by). He said, 'if she's hitting me, I'm going to hit her back.' Not really a good look, and not the way to deal with such a situation, but I suppose we all make mistakes. My girlfriend punched the shit out of me a couple weeks back, because another girl kissed me, and she was behind me watching, though I didn't know she was there. Drunken diaries type shit--though I didn't solicit the kiss. I'm just too handsome. I stood there and let her punch me, and that doesn't make her right, but me beating her up would have been less right.

The other Trump supporter I know is a guy that works for the Chinese government. I think he admires Trump's (apparent) wealth and lifestyle, and feels that it is counter-culture of him to like Trump. He has a good heart, but I find him to be misguided. But, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

I find Trump to be a terrible role model, and I really don't understand how anyone could look up to him. But what can you say. I think supporting Trump is a sign of low emotional intelligence. But, I've never been one to denigrate friends too much, based on a political opinion.
Hatred is what started the idiotic trade wars.

Why throw tariffs on countries we enjoy trade with? It just is ridiculous! And things are not going well. It is bad if GM lays off people. Other companies will follow after the new year.
By colliric
jimjam wrote:why is there such a level of hatred in America these days? if we disagree, why cannot we agree to disagree. and, yes, I am guilty.

The Internet allows us to see what grubby things are happening all over the world. And what scandals are happening everywhere.

Before you had to get it through a newspaper....

Has made people far less trusting.
The media brings us news of any unusual event that happens to one out of over 7 billion. We are incapable of putting this information in perspective. It appears to us the outrageous is common, so we react with hysteria and anger. We don’t see the 7 billion who just had a normal day. Our perspective is all screwed up.
By jimjam
One Degree wrote: Our perspective is all screwed up.

perhaps but why does this cause people to hate each other?

colliric wrote:Has made people far less trusting.

Agree but why are people so much more apt to hate someone who simply has a different opinion. Why not agree to disagree or ……. :eek: ….. compromise.
MistyTiger wrote:Hatred is what started the idiotic trade wars.

Hatred of white, high-school educated, blue collar workers in the rust belt?

Seriously, trillions of dollars in deficits over the decades is what it is about. Emotions have little to do with it.

MistyTiger wrote:Why throw tariffs on countries we enjoy trade with? It just is ridiculous!

Because US billionaires are getting rich running labor arbitrage while working class people are losing their livelihood. It is ridiculous if you are not working class or blue collar, since trading with a communist totalitarian state doesn't necessarily adversely affect you.

MistyTiger wrote:It is bad if GM lays off people. Other companies will follow after the new year.

Unemployment is relatively low right now. So the impact shouldn't be too bad. GM isn't losing many employees. They are switching from car production to SUV and truck production, and moving ops out of blue states like Michigan to red states like Texas.

jimjam wrote:perhaps but why does this cause people to hate each other?

It's television that does this. Marshall McLuhan posited that television--as a "cool" medium--thrives on conflict. Just stop watching TV and watch your blood pressure go down.
jimjam wrote:perhaps but why does this cause people to hate each other?

Agree but why are people so much more apt to hate someone who simply has a different opinion. Why not agree to disagree or ……. :eek: ….. compromise.

Our current hate is invented by propaganda imo. I see none of it in my daily life. It’s all in our minds. Planted there by the media. It then must spread to actions. So far these actions are very minimal but sensationalized by the media.
I debate here about all the hate. I then go to Walmart and exchange smiles with a large variety of people. I doubt it is solely due to my irresistible charm. The truth is we don’t hate one another but there are those invested in making us think we do.

Safe zones are indeed not safe if Hamas takes over[…]

You don't remember he was selling presidential tr[…]

He is even less coherent than Alex Jones. My gu[…]

The photo in the article showing tunnels supposed[…]