Trump, Oh my god ! - Page 44 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Drlee
Well Big Steve. If you would turn off Fox News and get a variety of sources you would see that it has been a hot topic at least since Clinton.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/kids-health/first-lady-proposes-ban-junk-food-marketing-schools-n38201

Trump's FDA moved on it:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/14/usda-bans-all-junk-food-sales-schools-around-natio/
By jimjam
Drlee wrote:Well Big Steve. If you would turn off Fox News and get a variety of sources you would see that it has been a hot topic at least since Clinton

Large Steve seems to think that a president is exempt from acting on a problem facing the nation if no prior president has acted on it.

Obesity is a big issue for jimjam. America's addiction to fast food is degrading millions of lives, treating millions more to a shortened lifespan and clogging up our medical system.

Tiny Tim was right …… "you are what you eat."
By BigSteve
Drlee wrote:Well Big Steve. If you would turn off Fox News and get a variety of sources you would see that it has been a hot topic at least since Clinton.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/kids-health/first-lady-proposes-ban-junk-food-marketing-schools-n38201

Trump's FDA moved on it:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/14/usda-bans-all-junk-food-sales-schools-around-natio/

Admin edit: rule 2 removed

Uber lib jimjam criticized Trump for not talking about "how the junk food industry is killing Americans".

What other President has said that? Please provide a link to the quote. And fuck Michelle Obama. She doesn't count an iota. She's nothing but a pig of no consequence.

I do find it interesting, though, that you avoid correcting your fellow uber lib jimjam. He stated that Trump's done nothing, yet you insist his administration has.

So, once again, jimjam is wrong. Admin edit: rule 2 removed
By BigSteve
jimjam wrote:Large Steve seems to think that a president is exempt from acting on a problem facing the nation if no prior president has acted on it.

No, I just think it's hypocritical as fuck to criticize him for it when you've given others a pass...

Obesity is a big issue for jimjam.

Don't blame President Trump for your weight problems...
By jimjam
Donald Trump has reacted angrily to what he called “false and nasty” rumors that his Miami golf club – the same club he is enthusiastically promoting as the location for the next G7 meeting of global leaders – has a problem with bloodsucking bedbugs. :lol:
By BigSteve
jimjam wrote:Donald Trump has reacted angrily to what he called “false and nasty” rumors that his Miami golf club – the same club he is enthusiastically promoting as the location for the next G7 meeting of global leaders – has a problem with bloodsucking bedbugs. :lol:

Meh. Bedbugs happen anywhere. I stayed at the Ritz Carlton in New York City a couple of months ago and the room I was given had them. The staff moved me to another room and all was well.

I certainly didn't blame the owner...
By jimjam
With his relentless drumbeat of lies, personal attacks on perceived opponents, racism, xenophobia, misogyny, gleeful ignorance. and more, Trump may have become what is anathema to a showman: a bore.
By jimjam
Looks like Obese Donald may have to bail out Puerto Rico ……… again ……. what a guy ….a humanitarian's humanitarian …… always looking out for the little guy.

By blackjack21
jimjam wrote:Here's Don at the Gender Equality Advisory Council; looks like the girls are about as thrilled to be in his royal presence as he is to be in their presence :lol: .

Can you blame him? They are a bunch of freaks. By the way, am I the only one who finds Christine Lagarde to be one weird looking person?

jimjam wrote:Can anybody recall where Obese Donald has ever commented about how the junk food industry is killing Americans or is he totally focused on increasing profits for his financiers in the fossil fuel industry ….

That's a false choice and a non-sequitur all rolled into one!

jimjam wrote:With his relentless drumbeat of lies, personal attacks on perceived opponents, racism, xenophobia, misogyny, gleeful ignorance. and more, Trump may have become what is anathema to a showman: a bore.

I find him very entertaining.

jimjam wrote:Looks like Obese Donald may have to bail out Puerto Rico ……… again ……. what a guy ….a humanitarian's humanitarian …… always looking out for the little guy.

Don't you agree it's time for the US to cut bait on Puerto Rico?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure fatness isn't going to be the #1 issue in next year's presidential campaign. In California, if you walk your dog, you have to clean up the dog's poop. However, if you want to take a dump on the street yourself, that's a-okay. As long as it's not dog poo.
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:That's the usual stupid Obese Donald nonsense. What is your BMI?

I don't care about BMI. It does not mean shit to me. I have been eating fast food all my life and I am 75 years old.
By jimjam
James Mattis who recently resigned from the position of Secretary of Defense has just published his book describing his experience on the job. His reason for resigning was: “When my concrete solutions and strategic advice, especially keeping faith with allies, no longer resonated, it was time to resign."

He went on to describe the current realities as he sees them:

“Unlike in the past, where we were unified and drew in allies, currently our own commons seems to be breaking apart,” he writes.

“What concerns me most as a military man, coming out of a diverse yet unified culture, is not our external adversaries; instead, it is our internal divisiveness.”

He adds: “We are diving into hostile tribes cheering against each other, fueled by emotion and a mutual disdain that jeopardizes our future, instead of rediscovering our common ground and finding solutions.”
Well, clearly Trump isn't the cause of divisiveness. Pushing excessive cultural changes and mass immigration is sure to destroy the social cohesion that kept the United States together. It's the same problem Western Europe is facing. The Scottish nearly voted to leave the United Kingdom. The Basques want out of Spain. AfD is setting to supplant the CDU as immigration fractures Germany. Matteo Salvini is gaining strength in Italy. On and on. Blaming it all on Trump is ignoring how Trump came to power in the first place, and why the electorate would prefer someone with no political experience to someone with a lifetime of political experience. The establishment does not represent the will of the people anywhere, and that's where the instability is coming from. If you don't have the people on your side, you get instability ipso facto.

On careful reflection, if diversity were a strength the superpowers of the world would be Syria, Lebanon, the Balkans, etc. Yet that's not how the world works. Sooner or later this establishment was going to be called on its bluff, and it has no answer other than calling everybody a bigot of one stripe or another.
By jimjam
Hindsite wrote:I have been eating fast food all my life

I got it from a source on the internet ( :lol: ) that consideration is being given to making eating 3 double Whoppers and passing out on the sofa in front of a TV with the remote in your hand will be made into an Olympic event...………. good luck bud.

blackjack21 wrote:I find him very entertaining.

Well, entertaining is obviously his strong point …… dealmaker …… not so much. I actually used to find him entertaining but after a couple of years of: "What did Donald tweet today?" he has become rather slightly more boring than watching paint dry. Toss in 10,000 or so lies and he has morphed into pretty much what he was when I lived in NYC …… barely audible background noise.

blackjack21 wrote:Don't you agree it's time for the US to cut bait on Puerto Rico?

It's a beautiful piece of real estate. I used to work for a company that sent me there from time to time. Too bad our real estate marvel can't handle it. Let's give it to Cuba :) .

blackjack21 wrote:I'm pretty sure fatness isn't going to be the #1 issue in next year's presidential campaign

Of course not. The American Shit Food Industry lobbyists will keep the lid on that one. Plus..... Obese Donald eats that shit. …………… I wonder when the Fat Guy is going to get around to draining the lobbyist end of the swamp, they are, after all, running the country.
By Crantag
I'll mention an elephant in the room. Fuck Trump and all, but in interest of objectivity Mattis isn't unbiased because he resigned in order to go 'write' a book (he probably wrote it like how Trump wrote Art of the Deal).

There are probably some good truth nuggets in it but the book probably needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

But the above may be genuine. It relates to comments Mattis made at the time.

Just being real here. I have no affinity for Trump.
By Drlee
And fuck Michelle Obama. She doesn't count an iota. She's nothing but a pig of no consequence.

What a predictably classless thing to say.

I would note for the record that polls show that if Michelle Obama were to run she would win by a landslide. She is my party's (republican) worst nightmare.

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/453736-poll-michelle-obama-most-admired-woman-in-the-world

I do find it interesting, though, that you avoid correcting your fellow uber lib jimjam. He stated that Trump's done nothing, yet you insist his administration has.

Fellow lib? I am a conservative Republican. Not a neocon or a modern fascist. I will not bother to correct you on what that means. I do not expect you to even try to learn any history of conservatism in the US.
By jimjam
BigSteve wrote: your fellow uber lib jimjam

@Drlee Hey, hear that Dr.? Not only are we both "uber libs" but we are "fellow uber libs".

I've noticed that Trump Zombies are unable to grasp the concept of someone actually thinking for themselves on a case by case basis. Their world must be assembled into a neat dichotomy of "liberals"and "conservatives". And if anyone disagrees with anything they say ….. this person is a reviled "liberal" or, even more terrifying, an "uber lib".

Slight change of subject. I assume Trump Zombies consider Obese Donald to be a "conservative". I have great difficulty understanding what is "conservative" about the man who grew the US economy into operating at a $1,000,000,000,000 per year deficit :?: . Oh yes ….. I almost forgot ….. Obama did it :lol:
By Godstud
No, @jimjam don't you know that's just fake news?

:knife:
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:I got it from a source on the internet ( :lol: ) that consideration is being given to making eating 3 double Whoppers and passing out on the sofa in front of a TV with the remote in your hand will be made into an Olympic event...………. good luck bud.

I am not into eating contests. One double whopper with fries is enough for me. I do things in moderation, as the Apostle Paul suggested.

jimjam wrote:Well, entertaining is obviously his strong point …… dealmaker …… not so much. I actually used to find him entertaining but after a couple of years of: "What did Donald tweet today?" he has become rather slightly more boring than watching paint dry. Toss in 10,000 or so lies and he has morphed into pretty much what he was when I lived in NYC …… barely audible background noise.

Those 10,000 or so lies came from the fake news media (such as CNN and MSNBC).

jimjam wrote:It's a beautiful piece of real estate. I used to work for a company that sent me there from time to time. Too bad our real estate marvel can't handle it. Let's give it to Cuba :) .

Maybe it would make a good trade for Greenland. :lol:

jimjam wrote: I wonder when the Fat Guy is going to get around to draining the lobbyist end of the swamp, they are, after all, running the country.

I believe he is saving that for his next term.
By jimjam
Hindsite wrote:I do things in moderation

Obviously we have never seen each other but I suspect that you are OK which is good because you are a cool dude. Moderation is the key my friend. I shoot for it myself. Had some detours into excess in my youth which were learning experiences …… always ended badly.

I am not claiming that there are zero genetic dif[…]

Customs is rarely nice. It's always best to pack l[…]

The more time passes, the more instances of harass[…]

And I don't blame Noam Chomsky for being a falli[…]