Trump, Oh my god ! - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Hindsite
#14976705
Who pays for Bernie Sanders' giveaways?

You're only progressive with other people's paychecks
User avatar
By One Degree
#14976741
@jimjam
You realize Huey Long is considered one of the most corrupt politicians in history? His ‘populism’ would be the same as Richard Daley’s. They both ran corrupt political organizations under the pretense of helping people they never intended to help.
User avatar
By Drlee
#14976761
One Degree wrote:@jimjam
You realize Huey Long is considered one of the most corrupt politicians in history? His ‘populism’ would be the same as Richard Daley’s. They both ran corrupt political organizations under the pretense of helping people they never intended to help.


What a load of shit. Do try to read some history. Just a brief Wiki quote. You will, of course, ignore it because it does not fit your world view and you can't imagine admitting you are wrong.

During Long's years in power, great strides were made in infrastructure, education and health care. Long was notable among southern politicians for avoiding race baiting, and according to T. Harry Williams, Long sought to improve the lot of poor blacks as well as poor whites.[3] Under Long's leadership, hospitals and educational institutions were expanded, a system of charity hospitals was set up that provided health care for the poor, massive highway construction and free bridges brought an end to rural isolation.
User avatar
By jimjam
#14976765
Hindsite wrote:Who pays for Bernie Sanders' giveaways?

You're only progressive with other people's paychecks

But socialism for rich boys is just fine: medicare ,with 60,000,000 customers, is prohibited by law to negotiate prices with Big Pharma. Is anybody keeping track of how many billions of dollars of taxpayer's money is used to subsidize Big Pharma. A free sandwich for a lazy unemployed "liberal" is socialism while billions for Big Pharma is ….. just fine.
User avatar
By One Degree
#14976768
Drlee wrote:What a load of shit. Do try to read some history. Just a brief Wiki quote. You will, of course, ignore it because it does not fit your world view and you can't imagine admitting you are wrong.




Louisiana Governorship (1928–32) Edit

Once in office as governor on May 21, 1928, Long moved quickly to consolidate his power, firing hundreds of opponents in the state bureaucracy, at all ranks from cabinet-level heads of departments and board members to rank-and-file civil servants and state road workers. Like previous governors, he filled the vacancies with patronage appointments from his own network of political supporters. Every state employee who depended on Long for a job was expected to pay a portion of his or her salary at election time directly into Long's political war-chest, which raised $50,000 to $75,000 (equivalent to about $700,000 to $1,000,000 in 2013 dollars) each election cycle. The funds were kept in a famous locked "deduct box" to be used at Long's discretion for political and personal purposes. The American historian David Kennedy wrote that the extremely authoritarian regime Long established in Louisiana was "... the closest thing to a dictatorship that America has ever known".[8]


Read it yourself. He nicknamed himself ‘kingfish’. He was just like Daley and many other Democratic machines that give crumbs to the poor for votes that they turn into personal power.

Edit: @Drlee , my quote comes from the same source as yours which you conveniently ignored.
User avatar
By jimjam
#14976773
One Degree wrote: under the pretense of helping people they never intended to help.


Drlee is right. Your comment applies to your hero Donald not Huey. Donald serves up a lot of hot air for po folk but his actions help his buddies in the Billionaires Club. Huey played rough, he was power hungry and kicked ass …… that's how the game is played but he actually delivered lots for poor folks. Examples are numerous. I have read three biographies of the man but do not have the time or inclination to educate you.

Here is a quick sample: Long brought highways, public schools, publicly-financed textbooks, and charity hospitals around the state. He took on Standard Oil and the established political machine. (Do you think Standard Oil and the established political machine will play with a deck that is not stacked if you say, "please"? :lol: )
User avatar
By One Degree
#14976775
jimjam wrote:Drlee is right. Your comment applies to your hero Donald not Huey. Donald serves up a lot of hot air for po folk but his actions help his buddies in the Billionaires Club. Huey played rough, he was power hungry and kicked ass …… that's how the game is played but he actually delivered lots for poor folks. Examples are numerous. I have read three biographies of the man but do not have the time or inclination to educate you.

Here is a quick sample: Long brought highways, public schools, publicly-financed textbooks, and charity hospitals around the state. He took on Standard Oil and the established political machine. (Do you think Standard Oil and the established political machine will play with a deck that is not stacked if you say, "please"? :lol: )


Staffed by people required to pay into his private fund. If you are well read on him, and not just one sided, then you will notice he had no problem cooperating with banks and businesses that supported him. You are just pointing out the same thing all political machines do. These projects were not to help the poor beyond getting their votes. These projects provided him with income from kickbacks. Do you know the history of political corruption in public construction like roads?
User avatar
By Drlee
#14976777
I never said he was a saint. I said you were wrong in the quote jimjam mentioned. Do try to get your facts straight. :roll:
User avatar
By jimjam
#14976781
One Degree wrote:Do you know the history of political corruption in public construction like roads?


and walls :lol:
User avatar
By jimjam
#14976829
The month before the 2018 midterms, a thousand theaters screened “The Trump Prophecy,” a film that tells the story of Mark Taylor, a former firefighter who claims that God told him in 2011 that Donald Trump would be elected president.

At a critical moment in the film, just after the actor representing Mr. Taylor collapses in the flashing light of an epiphany, he picks up a Bible and turns to the 45th chapter of the book of Isaiah, which describes the anointment of King Cyrus by God. In the next scene, we hear Mr. Trump being interviewed on “The 700 Club,” a popular Christian television show.

As Lance Wallnau, an evangelical author and speaker who appears in the film, once said, “I believe the 45th president is meant to be an Isaiah 45 Cyrus,” who will “restore the crumbling walls that separate us from cultural collapse.”

Today’s Christian nationalists talk a good game about respecting the Constitution and America’s founders, but at bottom they sound as if they prefer autocrats to democrats. In fact, what they really want is a king. “It is God that raises up a king,” according to Paula White, a prosperity gospel preacher who has advised Mr. Trump.

Ralph Drollinger, who has led weekly Bible study groups in the White House attended by Vice President Mike Pence and many other cabinet members, likes the word “king” so much that he frequently turns it into a verb. “Get ready to king in our future lives,” he tells his followers. “Christian believers will — soon, I hope — become the consummate, perfect governing authorities!”

The great thing about kings like Cyrus, as far as today’s Christian nationalists are concerned, is that they don’t have to follow rules. They are the law. This makes them ideal leaders in paranoid times.

“When are they going to start rolling out the boxcars to start hauling off Christians?” Tony Perkins, the president of the Family Research Council, asked in 2016. If you’re hearing those boxcars pulling up in the distance, as it were, you don’t merely overlook the antisocial qualities of a prospective leader, you embrace them as virtues.

Mr. Trump himself well understands this longing for the hard hand of the despot “If you don’t mind me saying so, you’ve gotten soft,” he told Mr. Wallnau and other evangelical leaders during the 2016 campaign — much to their delight.

:eek:
User avatar
By One Degree
#14976831
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 ... -leanings/

44% of religious people vote Democrat to 37% Republican. This is just more misunderstanding of who Conservatives are. Only 10% support the Tea Party. Liberals refusal to attempt to understand who conservatives really are is a testament to the power of DNC propaganda that tells you not to listen to us because we are all racist rednecks. Why do you think they don’t want you to listen?
User avatar
By Drlee
#14976863
I don't know what you are trying to say. I do know you misread your poll. But never mind. The problem is not with all US adults. (The people you refer to as religious.) The problem is with white evangelicals who vote overwhelmingly republican. They are a problem because they are concentrated in areas in which, due to our absurd two-senator and electoral college system) gives them FAR more political power than a woman living in Las Angeles.

When the US exported its flavor of democracy to the rest of the world the ones who embraced it embraced it with one exception. None of them accepted anything other than one-person-one-vote.

12% if the population controls 60% of the senators. Pain and simple we are not a democracy. This is a remnant of racism in its most extreme form. Slavery. It remains a boon to racism. It gives white evangelicals far more power than a black woman in Chicago.

If we were a democracy, senators, like congressmen would be set by population. (If we had them at all.) This country would be quite a different place.

So it is pointless to try to argue what you are arguing. It is simply a shallow attempt to cover the FACT that a black person in San Diego is under represented in our government and a white male from Wyoming dramatically over represented.

So white evangelicals are vastly over represented in our government. Full stop.
By Hindsite
#14976901
jimjam wrote:Today’s Christian nationalists talk a good game about respecting the Constitution and America’s founders, but at bottom they sound as if they prefer autocrats to democrats. In fact, what they really want is a king. “It is God that raises up a king,” according to Paula White, a prosperity gospel preacher who has advised Mr. Trump.

Perhaps that is because democrats have become socialists and Christians prefer the Trump of God. Christians are waiting for the return of our Lord and Savior and King of kings, Christ Jesus.
HalleluYah
User avatar
By One Degree
#14976931
Drlee wrote:I don't know what you are trying to say. I do know you misread your poll. But never mind. The problem is not with all US adults. (The people you refer to as religious.) The problem is with white evangelicals who vote overwhelmingly republican. They are a problem because they are concentrated in areas in which, due to our absurd two-senator and electoral college system) gives them FAR more political power than a woman living in Las Angeles.

When the US exported its flavor of democracy to the rest of the world the ones who embraced it embraced it with one exception. None of them accepted anything other than one-person-one-vote.

12% if the population controls 60% of the senators. Pain and simple we are not a democracy. This is a remnant of racism in its most extreme form. Slavery. It remains a boon to racism. It gives white evangelicals far more power than a black woman in Chicago.

If we were a democracy, senators, like congressmen would be set by population. (If we had them at all.) This country would be quite a different place.

So it is pointless to try to argue what you are arguing. It is simply a shallow attempt to cover the FACT that a black person in San Diego is under represented in our government and a white male from Wyoming dramatically over represented.

So white evangelicals are vastly over represented in our government. Full stop.


Your argument only makes sense if you believe in forced conformity through centralized control. The question is why should anyone determine how everyone lives. Why should we want to be uniform? It is a telling question when you try to explain why the people of Los Angeles should have any say in how the people of Montana live? Liberals are concentrated in metropolitan areas. Conservatives in rural areas. Two different lifestyles. Why should one decide how the other lives?
User avatar
By Drlee
#14976944
Your argument only makes sense if you believe in forced conformity through centralized control. The question is why should anyone determine how everyone lives.



What? :eh: You are using the wrong words to discuss the wrong point.

I see you wish to retreat from your support of Trump and his ilk and go back to your tribal notions of governance. I do not do that. It is pointless. We live in an oligarchy now and must do what we can to constrain it. The mid terms are a tiny start but it remains to be seen if that revolution can continue.

Why should we want to be uniform?


I'm sorry. You are the one decrying diversity as a bad thing. You have endlessly posted about how immigrants are changing our culture. You are the one arguing for conformity. Did you change your mind?

It is a telling question when you try to explain why the people of Los Angeles should have any say in how the people of Montana live?


Ok. So you believe in the breaking apart of the Union. Your sig says so. So stop supporting Trump. He is the very opposite of that.

Liberals are concentrated in metropolitan areas. Conservatives in rural areas. Two different lifestyles. Why should one decide how the other lives?


So you consider ones notions of proper governance as "lifestyle"? Interesting. I don't. Besides. The ones who want to constrain everyone's "lifestyle" choices are republicans who think they are conservative. They want to remove reproductive choice. They want conformity in school curriculum. They want to censor television, choices about drugs and the like. What more telling example than the forcing of teaching Christian beliefs in public schools which has been a conservative talking point for years. The only thing that your so-called "California liberals" want to do that would affect the lifestyle of a rural American is require equal rights for all citizens and provide access to health care. What is it that California Liberals want to do that would affect someone in Wyoming other than lower the cost of their college education, give them access to health care and protect the rights of all of them? You tell me what the parade of horribles is that you fear.

Really guy. You have it backwards. This is not a thread about dissolving the union. It is about Trump and his lunatic policies. I wish you would look up the word "liberal" and understand what it means for a change.
User avatar
By One Degree
#14976950
What? :eh: You are using the wrong words to discuss the wrong point.

I see you wish to retreat from your support of Trump and his ilk and go back to your tribal notions of governance. I do not do that. It is pointless. We live in an oligarchy now and must do what we can to constrain it. The mid terms are a tiny start but it remains to be seen if that revolution can continue.

Trump is on record as supporting decentralization. For example, he stated abortion should be returned to the states. Your arguments are based upon the belief all conservatives are the religious right. An interesting fallacy considering you claim to be a conservative yet don’t know who they are.


I'm sorry. You are the one decrying diversity as a bad thing. You have endlessly posted about how immigrants are changing our culture. You are the one arguing for conformity. Did you change your mind?

No, I truly believe in diversity which is the basis of local autonomy. You believe in uniformity disguised as diversity.


Ok. So you believe in the breaking apart of the Union. Your sig says so. So stop supporting Trump. He is the very opposite of that.


Then you not only to not know who Conservatives are, you also don’t understand what Trump is truly about. The union doesn’t need broken necessarily, but it needs decentralized if you want true equality.

So you consider ones notions of proper governance as "lifestyle"? Interesting. I don't. Besides. The ones who want to constrain everyone's "lifestyle" choices are republicans who think they are conservative. They want to remove reproductive choice. They want conformity in school curriculum. They want to censor television, choices about drugs and the like. What more telling example than the forcing of teaching Christian beliefs in public schools which has been a conservative talking point for years. The only thing that your so-called "California liberals" want to do that would affect the lifestyle of a rural American is require equal rights for all citizens and provide access to health care. What is it that California Liberals want to do that would affect someone in Wyoming other than lower the cost of their college education, give them access to health care and protect the rights of all of them? You tell me what the parade of horribles is that you fear.

What is governance supposed to be based upon if not lifestyle? Laws are intended to reflect lifestyle choices. To believe otherwise is to believe in authoritarianism. Rule by ‘the superior’. Your examples are all things people need to decide by themselves based upon our differences, not decide one thing for all.

Really guy. You have it backwards. This is not a thread about dissolving the union. It is about Trump and his lunatic policies. I wish you would look up the word "liberal" and understand what it means for a change. :excited:

Right now, liberals are conservatives trying to protect the status quo they created. The definitions are meaningless. Both sides want the Union destroyed as it is. Conservatives want it decentralized and liberals want it subservient to globalism.
User avatar
By Drlee
#14977022
It is pointless to debate with you. You do not understand my posts and then, like your buddy Trump, simply make up stuff and believe it is somehow evidence.

You are embracing something all to common these days. The belief that the truth is what you can get others to believe.

Example:

Your arguments are based upon the belief all conservatives are the religious right. An interesting fallacy considering you claim to be a conservative yet don’t know who they are.


Post below where I said that.





Note to others. It is easy to see how Trump commands such loyalty from his base. Plainly put....They simply do not get it.
User avatar
By jimjam
#14977042
Hindsite wrote:Perhaps that is because democrats have become socialists and Christians prefer the Trump of God. Christians are waiting for the return of our Lord and Savior and King of kings, Christ Jesus.
HalleluYah

I used to respect Christians an honest moral people. Now that I see they have chosen a liar, thief, pussy grabber and all around blowhard as their role model my respect is rapidly fading. Add to that their idea that a retired fire fighter hallucinating on the kitchen floor predicted that Trump would be their leader out of the wilderness …………. :roll:
By Hindsite
#14977106
jimjam wrote:I used to respect Christians an honest moral people. Now that I see they have chosen a liar, thief, pussy grabber and all around blowhard as their role model my respect is rapidly fading. Add to that their idea that a retired fire fighter hallucinating on the kitchen floor predicted that Trump would be their leader out of the wilderness …………. :roll:

Your problem with Christians is not moral, but political. Democrats include some of the least moral people in government, yet you vote for them because of their political views. Don't tell us that lie that you vote Democrat because of morality, only fools would believe you. Christians, like me, did not vote for Trump because of morality, but because of what he promised to do to make America great again. We were fed up with Obama's weak type leadership of continual apology and we certainly did not want the corruption of the Clinton's again.
  • 1
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11

I dob't know. Security clearances are an odd thin[…]

As usual you do not understand the topic so it lea[…]

Just imagine the horror as the UK becomes more li[…]

Ann Coulter has never been a big picture Republic[…]