The Trump Shut Down - Page 18 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By One Degree
Multitudinous fact checkers point out that a wall is actually older than a wheel.

I would say these ‘multitudinous Fact checkers’ are petty morons if they see a need to make this an issue.
Yeah, that’s the important issue here. Lol
By Godstud
The important thing to note is yet another lie from Trump that his fucked-in-the-head Cultists dismiss.
By XogGyux
One Degree wrote:I would say these ‘multitudinous Fact checkers’ are petty morons if they see a need to make this an issue.

Yeah, that's what I said all the time. Those that care for facts are morons.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are a joke mate.
By One Degree
XogGyux wrote:Yeah, that's what I said all the time. Those that care for facts are morons.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are a joke mate.

The joke is I know I don’t know anything, but you foolishly think you do. :)
By XogGyux
One Degree wrote:The joke is I know I don’t know anything, but you foolishly think you do. :)

I agree. You don't know anything and I know you don't know anything. 8)
By jimjam
One Degree wrote:I would say these ‘multitudinous Fact checkers’ are petty morons if they see a need to make this an issue.

Wait a minute …… wasn't your boy Fatso Trump the guy who created the "issue" by implying that since wheels have been around longer than walls this was a great reason to add $20,000,000,000 or $40,000,000,000 to the national debt? :?:
jimjam wrote: wasn't your boy Fatso Trump the guy who created the "issue" by implying that since wheels have been around longer than walls this was a great reason to add $20,000,000,000 or $40,000,000,000 to the national debt? :?:

I wonder how well it will stand up to $20 - $40 worth of dynamite

Hindsite wrote:I have no problem with that because that is a legal way to enter the United States. The only problem is that some of them overstay their visas.

The people in the caravan are trying to enter lawfully tòo, as is their right under US law and the international treaties to which the USA is a signatory. Their problem is President Trump has vastly limited the agents who can process them. These people walked hundreds of miles because they could not fly. They must be flat broke by now, and getting food must be a problem .
By One Degree
jimjam wrote:Wait a minute …… wasn't your boy Fatso Trump the guy who created the "issue" by implying that since wheels have been around longer than walls this was a great reason to add $20,000,000,000 or $40,000,000,000 to the national debt? :?:

Start a thread asking the question which has been around the longest and see what replies you get. It is a stupid thing to make a fuss over. Perhaps they should fact check every ‘illustrative’ comment in the Bible or literature.
I find it odd people don’t understand how this is a likable quality in Trump. He doesn’t depend upon professionally written bullshit. He just says what he thinks and some of it is stupid just like a real person.
That is the kind of representation I want. I am fed up with politicians telling me what they think I want to hear when they have no intention of actually doing it.
By Drlee
accepting the above as true, a rational approach would consider two things. The first would be the resources available to mitigate the problem. The second would be to determine how to get the biggest bang for the buck. In other words, apply the resources in the most effective manner.

Correct. And two things that we could do that would be almost instantly successful would be strict national employment verification (including, if you want an excess of caution, a national ID in place of social security cards) and the severe limitation of remittances to certain countries.

No jobs to lure people here and no way to send the money home. Problem solved for some. A lot of businesses would have to shut down and a great many Americans would lose their jobs but we would have illegals self-deporting by the boat load.

Here are some numbers from Pew.

The Pew Research Center recently estimated there were more than 8 million immigrants in the U.S. illegally who were either employed or looking for work in the country in 2012, representing roughly 5 percent of the domestic labor force.

A separate Pew study found that about a third of such immigrants were employed in service positions, while 15 percent worked construction and extraction jobs and another 14 percent worked in production, installation and repair professions. About 13 percent were believed to work in sales, office and administrative support roles, while another 13 percent held professional, management or business and finance positions.

No reason we can't do without them. What Trump supporting idiots can't seem to understand is that if all of the people were to leave (their wet dream) these jobs would not be instantly filled by citizens. Many US business would simply have to shut down and many more would be forced to cut back. Wages paid to US workers willing to fill these jobs would skyrocket. Prices for goods and particularly services would skyrocket. Inflation would run rampant. Except real estate which would drop because of the flood of homes going on the market. Farming would be devastated, construction would collapse. Some estimates would put minimum wages at $20.00 per hour or more.

Then there would be another consequence to citizen Americans. The incentive to attend college would be far less as vocational/technical jobs would be far more attractive. Some money would be saved on public services provided to illegals but nothing like enough to even begin to offset the damage to our economy.

We might be able to impose Nixon like wage and price controls to control inflation but these truly would be a disincentive to work. Imagine telling a middle class kid that he ought to work roofing in the Arizona summer and then cap his pay at $12.00 per hour. Let me know how that works out.

The great liberal president Ronald Reagan saw this. That is why he offered amnesty to illegal workers. Sadly modern republican nationalists are incapable of reading the research. It is sad that they are not smart enough, or worse, too invested in looking for scapegoats to actually consider that for which they are calling.

He just says what he thinks and some of it is stupid just like a real person.

Real people do not sway the opinions of millions of Americans with their lies. Americans who are disinclined to care about the truth. Millions of Americans can't ruin the lives of millions of Americans because they want to lie for political purposes.

You get two choices OD.

1. Trump is too stupid to understand the magnitude of the job facing him so he lies just to be popular and does not see the harm in it.

2. He knows that it is pap for people like you who are too lazy or too stupid to believe that the truth matters.
By One Degree
Drlee wrote:Correct. And two things that we could do that would be almost instantly successful would be strict national employment verification (including, if you want an excess of caution, a national ID in place of social security cards) and the severe limitation of remittances to certain countries.

No jobs to lure people here and no way to send the money home. Problem solved for some. A lot of businesses would have to shut down and a great many Americans would lose their jobs but we would have illegals self-deporting by the boat load.

Here are some numbers from Pew.

No reason we can't do without them. What Trump supporting idiots can't seem to understand is that if all of the people were to leave (their wet dream) these jobs would not be instantly filled by citizens. Many US business would simply have to shut down and many more would be forced to cut back. Wages paid to US workers willing to fill these jobs would skyrocket. Prices for goods and particularly services would skyrocket. Inflation would run rampant. Except real estate which would drop because of the flood of homes going on the market. Farming would be devastated, construction would collapse. Some estimates would put minimum wages at $20.00 per hour or more.

Then there would be another consequence to citizen Americans. The incentive to attend college would be far less as vocational/technical jobs would be far more attractive. Some money would be saved on public services provided to illegals but nothing like enough to even begin to offset the damage to our economy.

We might be able to impose Nixon like wage and price controls to control inflation but these truly would be a disincentive to work. Imagine telling a middle class kid that he ought to work roofing in the Arizona summer and then cap his pay at $12.00 per hour. Let me know how that works out.

The great liberal president Ronald Reagan saw this. That is why he offered amnesty to illegal workers. Sadly modern republican nationalists are incapable of reading the research. It is sad that they are not smart enough, or worse, too invested in looking for scapegoats to actually consider that for which they are calling.

Real people do not sway the opinions of millions of Americans with their lies. Americans who are disinclined to care about the truth. Millions of Americans can't ruin the lives of millions of Americans because they want to lie for political purposes.

You get two choices OD.

1. Trump is too stupid to understand the magnitude of the job facing him so he lies just to be popular and does not see the harm in it.

2. He knows that it is pap for people like you who are too lazy or too stupid to believe that the truth matters.

I am sure people are just devastated that walls came before wheels. Trump just destroyed people’s reality. Lol

Your ‘sky is falling’ routine above is nonsense. Even if we started deporting every illegal, it takes time. It will be a gradual transition and there is not even any reason to believe there will be some massive deportation.
What is so horrible about minimum wage rising to $20. I thought this was the type of incentive we needed to get people off welfare. What happened to the concern over income discrepancies? Why don’t you want it corrected? Why is it bad that people make a good living without going to college? This is something our citizens desperately need.
By One Degree
jimjam wrote:Image

Here it is folks. Trump's "Great" America :eek:

Which liberal utopian city is this? :)
By One Degree
I am sure it is Trump’s fault this city did not provide enough garbage cans. Garbage collection must be a new federal department would be the liberal solution I assume. :)
By Drlee
Your ‘sky is falling’ routine above is nonsense. Even if we started deporting every illegal, it takes time. It will be a gradual transition and there is not even any reason to believe there will be some massive deportation.

What do you mean "even if". Do you propose allowing some to stay? How many? On what conditions?

It had better not "take time". Once we put them out of work if they do not leave immediately they will be a humanitarian disaster as we try to feed and house about 10 million people entirely on the public purse. Then there will be the issue of finding foster parents for the millions of US citizen children of these illegals and whose parents do not with to take them out of the country. In fact. People like Hindsite love to refer to people inside the US illegally as criminals. He supports removing children from the custody of criminals. So he and the rest of the Trump supporters will want these US citizen children taken from their criminal parents and placed with the appropriate government agencies. There are about 4-6 million of them. They will have to be supported on the public dole.

But wait. Did I just see a Trump supporter have an epiphany? Is he beginning to understand just how stupid this fake "crisis" is? Is he beginning to realize that Trump is using this made-up story to control him by playing to his xenophobic nature?

The cold hard fact of life is that Trump supporters have their heads up their asses. When the Conservative Pew organization says that removing illegals is not possible, you would think they would pay attention. But that would require that they actually read.

I am sure it is Trump’s fault this city did not provide enough garbage cans. Garbage collection must be a new federal department would be the liberal solution I assume.

You know I met a dumb ass that said almost the same thing yesterday. He did not know that Trump put them out of work.
By Stormsmith
Even if we started deporting every illegal, it takes time. It will be a gradual transition and there is not even any reason to believe there will be some massive deportation.
What is so horrible about minimum wage rising to $20. I thought this was the type of incentive we needed to get people off welfare. What happened to the concern over income discrepancies? Why don’t you want it corrected? Why is it bad that people make a good living without going to college? This is something our citizens desperately need.

You're right in thinking it will be a slow process, but your unemployment rate is critically low, and that will make a difference . Farmers are hurting. And what about those who have created thriving businesses?

There's nothing wrong in having a $20 p/hrs minimum wage, but if your cost of living absorbs the lion's share of the wage rise, then you've gained little. And as i've said before, you won't see a rise of any amount under President Trump. This is a guy who has just put 800,000 people out of work with no regard for their well being. This includes, apparently, some of the FBI, TSA workers, food inspectors. You know, folks who keep Americans safe. But he's shooting for spending billions on an ineffective wall instead of better controls in airports etc. If it wasn't so sad, it would be laughable
Last edited by Stormsmith on 12 Jan 2019 18:22, edited 1 time in total.
By Beren
One Degree wrote:I am sure it is Trump’s fault this city did not provide enough garbage cans. Garbage collection must be a new federal department would be the liberal solution I assume. :)

Trump's fault is that he's suggesting that a (partly) dysfunctional government is not a big deal while his stupid campaign promises are.

Also, if a local government can't cope with garbage collection, then state or federal authorities should definitely intervene somehow before some parts of America literally become garbage heaps.
By Tainari88
Air traffic controllers are in danger of not being paid. They are overworked during normal times. But without a paycheck? You are endangering flights. Period. If that shutdown doesn't stop? Goes on for months? The government is going to in trouble for sure. I heard my local food stamp office is overwhelmed with people trying to get their paperwork for the SNAP program approved before the 16th of January because if not? Their food stamps might not be available after February.

Most older people over the age of 50 on limited incomes rely on that program just to eat enough for the month. Food banks and church distribution centers are running out of food in expensive cost of living states like mine. I wonder how the government 'leaders' feel about old people and young children with bare cupboards as they continue in their battle with bullshit campaign promises.

It is pathetic.
By One Degree
Beren wrote:Trump's fault is that he's suggesting that a (partly) dysfunctional government is not a big deal while his stupid campaign promises are.

Also, if a local government can't cope with garbage collection, then state or federal authorities should definitely intervene somehow before some parts of America literally become garbage heaps.

Yes, it is ridiculous Democrats refuse any compromise and continue the shutdown. Any reasonable person knows compromise is necessary.
Your belief the state or federal government can improve garbage collection, unfortunately is the type of surrealism I have come to expect.
By Beren
One Degree wrote:Yes, it is ridiculous Democrats refuse any compromise and continue the shutdown. Any reasonable person knows compromise is necessary.
Your belief the state or federal government can improve garbage collection, unfortunately is the type of surrealism I have come to expect.

Any reasonable person knows this shutdown is a farce orchestrated by congressional Republicans and Trump, which seems to turn out to be the president's biggest political mistake so far.

The surrealism is that you'd refuse occasional state or federal intervention even if it were obviously necessary.

Yes I was using the word fun, loosely , ironicall[…]

Trans people are just people. They have no less an[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

You should impose your own standards on yourself.[…]

No, I want you to be happy. I will be happy when[…]