The Trump Shut Down - Page 48 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Godstud
Istanbuller wrote:These two make false assertions and insults me in every post they make. The funnier part is that I didn't say anything or insult to them but I am being "the ignorant, hate monger, uneducated and racist".
:lol: You are the one who started with the insults.

Do I need to re-quote you to remind you?

istanbuller wrote:Of course, anti-Trumpists can't see this. Their brains give error. I believe that they might be working with human traffickers too. Everything is possible for anti- Trumpist fanatics.

istanbuller wrote:You are not in tocuh with real world.

So grow
Noemon Edit: Rule 2 Violation
and when you stop insulting people who disagree with you, you won't receive the same in return.

Noemon Edit: Rule 2 Violation
By Hindsite
Several Thousand More Troops to the Mexico Border
Tuesday, 29 January 2019 02:28 PM

Acting Defense Secretary Pat Shanahan says the U.S. will be sending "several thousand" more American troops to the southern border to provide additional support to Homeland Security through September.

He says the troops will mainly be used to install additional wire barriers and provide increased surveillance of the area. Plans call for about 150 more miles of concertina wire.
By jimjam
Hindsite wrote:Several Thousand More Troops to the Mexico Border

Boy, that's a load off. I was scared, angry and had diarrhea until I got this news. Comrade Donald is doing one helluva job protecting me from those wet backs. I'll rest easy tonight …… thank you H.S.
By One Degree
jimjam wrote:Boy, that's a load off. I was scared, angry and had diarrhea until I got this news. Comrade Donald is doing one helluva job protecting me from those wet backs. I'll rest easy tonight …… thank you H.S.

I think the point is they are installing 150 miles of concertina wire.
By Drlee
Yea. 150 miles of concertina wire. There is a solution for illegal immigration.

A Confederacy of Dunces.
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:Boy, that's a load off. I was scared, angry and had diarrhea until I got this news. Comrade Donald is doing one helluva job protecting me from those wet backs. I'll rest easy tonight …… thank you H.S.

I am glad that eases your mind, but I would rather have the wall.
By XogGyux
Hindsite wrote:I am glad that eases your mind, but I would rather have the wall.

That's funny! that's exactly what my toddler nephew says when we call him to come to eat dinner....
By Hindsite
XogGyux wrote:That's funny! that's exactly what my toddler nephew says when we call him to come to eat dinner....

That seems like an industrious toddler you have there.
By jimjam
The governor of New Mexico ordered the withdrawal of the majority of the state’s national guard troops from the US border with Mexico on Tuesday, in a move that challenges Donald Trump’s description of a security crisis.

“New Mexico will not take part in the president’s charade of border fearmongering by misusing our diligent National Guard troops,” Lujan Grisham said in a statement.
By Finfinder
@jimjam

The governor of New Mexico is anti Trump what a shocker LOL.

Are you in FLA ?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/20/politics ... index.html
Santa Fe, New Mexico (CNN)President Donald Trump's immigration agenda has few more outspoken opponents than Rep. Michelle Lujan Grisham, who, as chairwoman of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, has served as the voice of Hispanic and Democratic members of Congress in condemning the administration's policies.

The New Mexico Democrat is hoping to take that message to a new platform next year, leaving Congress to run to be governor of her border state, where a win would position her to square off directly with Trump on everything from National Guard deployments on the border to his policies affecting legal and illegal immigration.

By jimjam
Finfinder wrote:@jimjam

The governor of New Mexico is anti Trump what a shocker LOL.

Are you in FLA ?

Santa Fe, New Mexico (CNN)President Donald Trump's immigration agenda has few more outspoken opponents than Rep. Michelle Lujan Grisham, who, as chairwoman of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, has served as the voice of Hispanic and Democratic members of Congress in condemning the administration's policies.

The New Mexico Democrat is hoping to take that message to a new platform next year, leaving Congress to run to be governor of her border state, where a win would position her to square off directly with Trump on everything from National Guard deployments on the border to his policies affecting legal and illegal immigration.

The main thing I dislike about Trump is that he is a con artist who makes the rich richer at the expense of the poor. I don't get too worked up about it because i'll most likely be dead in 10 years or so and it's been a good life.

I'm in Cape Coral. Let me know if you want to get together for a cheeseburger. We went to my favorite place today ….. Schnapper's Hots on Sanibel Island.
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:The main thing I dislike about Trump is that he is a con artist who makes the rich richer at the expense of the poor.

Regardless of the partial government shutdown, the economy is still doing great.

Job growth in January was phenomenal
Feb 1, 2019

Employers added 304,000 new jobs to the US economy in January — once again surpassing economic forecasts, according to the latest jobs report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Economists had expected only about 180,000 new positions in January.

https://www.vox.com/2019/2/1/18206649/j ... employment

2018: Still No End In Sight For Best Jobs Market Ever
1/04/2019

There's a word to describe December's jobs report: Wow! With 312,000 new jobs in December, employment growth was much stronger than anyone anticipated.

Since President Donald Trump took office nearly two years ago, some 4.8 million new payroll jobs have been created. That's more than four times as many as created during President Obama's first four years.

Some 419,000 people entered the workforce during the month, driving the labor force participation rate to 63.1%, up from 62.7% a year ago. That bellwether employment figure declined pretty consistently during the job-poor Obama years, from 65.7% when Obama entered office to 62.9% when he left.

Last year, virtually every sector of the economy gained jobs. In addition to the 2.6 million new jobs overall for all of 2018, health care employment added 346,000, food and restaurant employment added 235,000 jobs, construction 280,000 jobs, manufacturing 284,000 jobs, retailing 92,000 jobs, and professional and business services 458,000 jobs. It was a great year for workers, as Heritage Foundation economist Steve Moore recently pointed out in IBD.

And it wasn't all about jobs. Average hourly earnings grew in 2018 by 3.2%. That's the fastest growth since 2008. And real household income, at $63,554, is now at its highest ever, up 3.2% from last year and 4.3% since 2000, the previous record high, according to a recent report from Sentier Research. With inflation now running below 2%, these are the best of times to be a worker.

None of this is accidental. It's all due to policies that boosted investment, productivity and economic growth: namely, tax cuts and deregulation. Trumponomics has been a rousing success.

https://www.investors.com/politics/edit ... egulation/

The Jobs are there for people that really want to work. However, some people are just too lazy and would rather live off welfare.
By Drlee
None of this is accidental. It's all due to policies that boosted investment, productivity and economic growth: namely, tax cuts and deregulation. Trumponomics has been a rousing success.

Correct. Barak Obama created a wonderful business atmosphere witnessed by this growth cycle which began long before Trump became president. (And the biggest spending president in history.)
By Hindsite
Drlee wrote:Correct. Barak Obama created a wonderful business atmosphere witnessed by this growth cycle which began long before Trump became president. (And the biggest spending president in history.)

The Obama Economy vs. the Trump Economy
November 29, 2018

Obama increased the burden of government during his tenure, and that led to anemic economic numbers.

For eight years under President Obama, the growing burden of government suppressed the economic recovery that should have followed the recession of 2008-09. Mr. Obama nonetheless has claimed responsibility for today’s boom, asking Americans in September to “remember when this recovery started.” Yet it wasn’t until President Trump took office that the economy surged. …The result is a rising tide that is lifting boats across every class and region of the country. Today unemployment rests at 3.7%, near a 50-year low. Since the government began reporting the data, unemployment has never been as low as it is today for African-Americans, Latinos, Asians and people with only a high-school education.

During a typical recovery, the economy grows at a rate between 3% and 4%, and the Obama administration predicted such a surge in its 2010 midsession review. It never came. The “recovery” of those years often felt much like a recession.

GDP growth staggered along at 1.5% in Mr. Obama’s final six full quarters in office.
Growth doubled to 3% during Mr. Trump’s first six full quarters.

The increase in job openings over Mr. Trump’s first 21 months has averaged an impressive 75,000 a month. Over Mr. Obama’s last 21 months in office, the number of job openings increased an average of 900 a month.

During Mr. Obama’s last 21 months, the number of employed Americans increased an average of 157,000 a month.
Under Mr. Trump, the increase has accelerated to 214,000 a month, a 36% improvement.

In Mr. Obama’s final 21 months, weekly earnings rose an average of $1.31 a month.
Under Mr. Trump, weekly earnings have increased an average of $1.84 cents a month: a 40% improvement that’s come mostly since tax reform took effect in January.

Over that period, weekly earnings have grown an average of $2.31 a month, a 76% increase over Mr. Obama’s last 21 months.

The unemployment rate declined 13% during Mr. Obama’s last 21 months, but from there it has dropped another 23% during Mr. Trump’s tenure.

https://fee.org/articles/the-obama-econ ... p-economy/
By jimjam
Hindsite wrote: 4.8 million new payroll jobs have been created

Wonderful ….. now here's the rest of the story: Nearly 80 percent of American workers (78 percent) say they're living paycheck to paycheck, according to a 2017 report by employment website CareerBuilder. Women are particularly vulnerable: 81 percent of them report living paycheck to paycheck, compared with 75 percent of men.

and

According to a 2017 GOBankingRates survey, more than half of Americans (57 percent) have less than $1,000 in their savings accounts.

Big deal ….. a new payroll job has been created. What Comrade Donald leaves un mentioned is how much this "payroll job" pays and how the cost of living compares with a shit pay job cranking out shit burgers of turning down the sheets of billionaires.
Half the U.S population is in poverty, wages are still falling and no the manufacturing jobs are not coming back! Drop the reactionary garbage!. American workers have less time off, benefits, rights and pay than the rest of the civilized world. They are ALREADY working harder and getting less and less.
Last edited by redcarpet on 07 Feb 2019 22:22, edited 1 time in total.
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:According to a 2017 GOBankingRates survey, more than half of Americans (57 percent) have less than $1,000 in their savings accounts.

That is their fault for not saving more.

Anyway, you can believe many of those misleading surveys. Not every American participates in those surveys, so they can't say with honesty that more than half of Americans say this or say that. Many of those surveys are politically biased.
Your government keeps stats. They know how many are receiving less than $15 an hour. They know how many people make too little to pay income tax, and how many are eligible for food stamps.
By redcarpet
The Trump supporters are getting disappointed....slowly....

Reactionary policies only benefit the already wealthy. There is no 'trickle down' happening. There is no huge job expansion or massive pay rises for workers. GM is sacking 2000 and moving to Mexico from its plant in Michigan!
Last edited by redcarpet on 08 Feb 2019 03:35, edited 1 time in total.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Yale course on Ukrainian history: https://www.yout[…]

He is still under checks and balances while other[…]

So the evidence shows that it was almost certainly[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The claim is a conditional statement. This is one[…]