The Trump Shut Down - Page 50 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By jimjam
We'll have to wait and see how President Coulter, Vice President Limbaugh and Secretary Of Propaganda and Enlightenment Hannity feel about government funding before we're finally out of the idiotic wall woods.

jimjam predicts: trump's bluff has been called. The weakling will sign the bill and blame everyone in Congress for making him look like a loser, though he does a great job of that all by himself. He has already blamed Paul Ryan for getting nothing done over the two years that the Greedy Old Party controlled the whole game.

And …. oh …. I wonder if Mexico still has plans to pay for Donald's Boondoggle :?:
By Hindsite
Trump: 'We're building the wall anyway' - BBC News

BBC News
Published on Feb 12, 2019
President Donald Trump spoke at a campaign rally in Texas, as it emerged an agreement in principle has been reached over border security to fund the US government and avert another partial shutdown.

Speaking late on Monday, he did not say whether he would back the deal.

He told supporters who had gathered in El Paso, "we're building the wall anyway."

FULL MAGA RALLY: President Donald Trump in El Paso, Texas (FNN)

Trump Wins in 'Liberal' 9th Circuit

President Donald Trump scored a rare victory in the Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit with a ruling Monday that authorizes building a prototype wall along the U.S.-Mexico border — and lets the Trump administration repair an existing barrier.

In a 2-1 decision issued against the State of California and several environmental groups, the Ninth Circuit upheld a prior opinion by Obama-appointed U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel, which determined the Department of Homeland Security was right to try to waive environmental laws in order “to expedite construction” of three separate border barriers near two cities in the Golden State, Law and Crime reported.

Written by Judge M. Margaret McKeown, the decision states the DHS Secretary “authorized the San Diego and Calexico projects because the existing barriers in this areas were built in the 1990s using a fence design ‘that is no longer optimal for Border Patrol operations.’” The new construction erects a “stronger and taller barrier,” the judge wrote.

In the case, the Ninth Circuit — often criticized by Trump and other conservatives for its “liberal” slant — in this case disagreed with the liberal-leaning plaintiffs: California and multiple environmental organizations.

Environmentalists have argued border barriers are disastrous for ecosystems and wildlife since they disrupt habitats, breeding grounds and migration paths.
By jimjam
Well, it looks like Comrade Donald took it up the ass and (surprise :lol: !) is proclaiming a great victory.

Hopefully someday we'll have a leader again who doesn't grovel to Fox Fake News celebrities and works for the American people. I hope I live long enough to see the day when this pathetic High Priest of Greed, Anger, Fear and Hatred is relegated to his solid gold golf cart surrounded by a flock of pathetic boot lickers.

By jimjam
Cornered into accepting a budget deal that lacked the $5.7 billion in border-wall funding he demanded, the president could not handle being labeled a loser by conservative commentators like Laura Ingraham and Sean Hannity. His solution: Sign the bill while simultaneously declaring a national emergency that, at least in his mind, would allow him to shift funds and order the military to start building his wall.

The reaction of the House speaker, Nancy Pelosi, to Mr. Trump’s intentions will do nothing to calm Republican jitters. “Just think of what a president with different values can present to the American people.” :lol:

By Drlee
I can see a great day coming when President Elizabeth Warren, backed by a republican and democratic legislature declares an emergency and comes after certain kinds of guns. Like pistols and assault rifles. And when she declares an emergency to fight global warming (which is a real emergency). And discovers that there are millions uncovered by health insurance and declares a public health emergency shifting money from corporate welfare to public health.

Yes. Mitch McConnell has said he supports the president in this state of emergency. No doubt the traitorous republicans will do what Putin wants like they usually do and support Trump.

Our local appointed Senator Martha McSally thinks she has a chance of being elected in 2020. If she supports Trump on this state of emergency she will be lucky to get a parking space in Arizona not to mention elected to the Senate. We will see if she has the spine to be a senator.

And if you think I am harsh you should hear what people who are not republicans are saying.

I live on the border. 35 miles away. There is no emergency. None. We all know it here. We have practically no crime. Close as we are to the border, it appears that Trump's rapists have left us alone. We are well under the national average. Though we are on one of the busiest highways into Mexico our violent assault rate is less that 1/10th the national average. This is probably because we have a fairly substantial number of immigrants and the crime rate for immigrants in the US is less than 1/3 the national average.

But Trump supporters are not intelligent enough to do the research nor mature enough to allow the facts to temper their tribalism.
By Hindsite
Drlee wrote:I live on the border. 35 miles away. There is no emergency.

You don't live along the entire 1000 miles or more of the border. So you can't possibly know more than the President of the United States who has knowledge from those patrolling the border. If Trump declaces an emergency, then there is an emergency.
By Drlee
If Trump declaces an emergency, then there is an emergency.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Stormsmith
If President Trump does call an emergency, as I understand it, Speaker Nancy Pelosi will challenge it by calling for a vote, under the National Emergencies Act, in the House of Representatives, which will force a senate debate too. McConnell would be forced to do it. He can't not. We know The Right Honourable Nancy Pelosi will win, and since she's an exemplary head counter, she'll probably knows she'll get a win in the Senate , too. President Trump will lose, and he'll not get to lose in court. I wonder if he's tired of losing yet. 8)
Last edited by Stormsmith on 15 Feb 2019 08:05, edited 1 time in total.
By Hindsite
Stormsmith wrote:If President Trump does call an emergency, as I understand it, Speaker Nancy Pelosi will challenge it by calling for a vote in the House of Representatives, which will force a senate debate too. McConnell would be forced to do it! He can't not. We know The Right Honourable Nancy Pelosi will win, and since she's an exemplary head counter, she'll probably knows she'll get a win in the Senate , too. President Trump will lose, and he'll not get to lose in court. I wonder if he's tired of losing yet. 8)

This is just a temporary setback, not a loss.
By Godstud
If Trump doesn't get wanked off just right, he declares an emergency, and his Trumpanzees smile as he pisses on them and tells them it's raining.
By Beren
Hindsite wrote:This is just a temporary setback, not a loss.

It rather seems to be Trump's Stalingrad when even his congressional allies turn away from him, whereas declaring a national emergency reminds me of Operation Winter Storm.

The Guardian wrote:After days of uncertainty, Trump announced his intention to support the massive $333bn-spending package, which includes on a sliver of what he sought for a steel wall. The Senate moved quickly, approving the bill in a vote of 83-16. Hours later the House passed the legislation, 300-128. Trump is expected to seal the deal with his signature on Friday, while at the same time declaring a national emergency.

CNN wrote:Before Thursday, McConnell made clear that he was also concerned of the prospect that the President would declare a national emergency to build a border wall. On January 10, in the middle of what became the longest US government shutdown ever, McConnell told The New York Times magazine, "I hope he doesn't go down that path."

And on January 29, during yet another round of negotiations over border security, McConnell told reporters, "I am for whatever works -- which means avoiding a shutdown, and avoiding the President feeling he should declare a national emergency."

"Exactly how to do that, as you all know, has been quite challenging," he added.

But on Thursday, McConnell said that Trump supported the bill and he had "indicated" that he would support the President's national emergency declaration. That announcement paved the way for the Senate to overwhelmingly pass a bill that funds 25% of the federal government, including around $1.375 billion for barriers, which is much lower than Trump's push for $5 billion to fund the border wall. The House is expected to pass it Thursday night, sending it to the President for his signature.

When asked by reporters about his latest call with Trump, McConnell said he "urged" the President to sign the bill. "That was my focus," he said.

And poor Mitch will have to run alongside Trump for reelection in 2020. :lol:
By jimjam
Drlee wrote: There is no emergency. None

Get with the program man. Murderers, rapists, gang members and jay walkers are laying low within yards of your house just waiting for you to let your guard down (I hope you and your family have a dozen or so AK-47's locked and loaded). I just got word from my neighbors in the great state of Maine that caravans/hoards of grim faced Mexican desperados are headed their way. Home Depot in Portland , Maine reports frantic customers stocking up on razor wire. :eek:

I, personally, am angry and scared and proud and grateful that Comrade Donald and his Defense Secretary Sean Hannity are on the job and protecting Americans.

By Beren
Hey @jimjam, since the Trump shutdown is over are you ready for opening another thread about the next great epoch of the Trump presidency: the Trump emergency?

If you are, may I humbly suggest a soundtrack?

By jimjam
Beren wrote:Hey @jimjam, since the Trump shutdown is over are you ready for opening another thread about the next great epoch of the Trump presidency: the Trump emergency?

If you are, may I humbly suggest a soundtrack?

I just spoke with jimjam's team of legal experts and the consensus is that Comrade Donald's "national emergency" consists, effectively, of the Greatest President In History having to not get his way. Donald's "national emergency" is a legal result of his shutdown failure and, hence, can legally be discussed in the Thump's shutdown thread.
By Stormsmith
There's been some late-night humour on President Trump's absconding billions of dollars meant to be spent replacing military gear used up in the multiple wars America's had a hand in to wage a new war against young moms and their youngsters. This just won't hold up in court, and will be yet another waste of taxpayer's money.

He hasnt't used the money he's already got.
Last edited by Stormsmith on 15 Feb 2019 18:14, edited 1 time in total.
By Beren

So it's happened. The stakes are very high because it's very hard to make America great again without the wall. Although I thought we were in the next phase.

By Hindsite
Stormsmith wrote:There's been some late-night humour on President Trump's absconding billions of dollars meant to be spent replacing military gear used up in the multiple wars America's had a hand in to wage a new war against young moms and their youngsters. This just won't hold up in court, and will be yet another waste of taxpayer's money.

He hasnt't used the money he's already got.

He is using the money right now to build walls, and he is not waging war against moms and their children. He is waging war against the illegal immigrants that are rapists, murderers, M13 gangs, drug cartels, and human traffickers.
Praise the Lord.

Despite 'El Chapo' Conviction, 'Business Looks Better Than Ever' For Cartels, Mexican Journalist Says

https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2019/02 ... an-cartels
By jimjam
Hindsite wrote:If Trump declaces an emergency, then there is an emergency.

Humpty Dumpty and Sean Hannity (America's unelected Expert On Everything) would certainly agree :lol:

Comrade Donald's definition of a "national emergency" is best defined by Humpty Dumpty who says to Alice, “it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.”
Hindsite wrote:He is using the money right now to build walls, and he is not waging war against moms and their children. He is waging war against the illegal immigrants that are rapists, murderers, M13 gangs, drug cartels, and human traffickers.
Praise the Lord.

Despite 'El Chapo' Conviction, 'Business Looks Better Than Ever' For Cartels, Mexican Journalist Says

https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2019/02 ... an-cartels

Really? Then you should be able to find evidence of this. Use Google map coupled with news reports and government financial reports to find construction in progress .
'
If Trump wants to help moms and kiddies he'd get some agents down to the border to process them in a timely fashion.

If he wants to clean up drugs etc he'd put sniffer dogs in airports etc

More stupid arguments, I see. It won't matter be[…]

People tend to forget that the French now have a […]

It is easy to tell the tunnel was made of pre fab[…]

In my opinion, masculinity has declined for all of[…]