The Trump Shut Down - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By One Degree
Godstud wrote:You're trying to alter a definition to suit you. Childish and intellectually dishonest.

Keep it up. You have me in stitches. Altering a definition is applying it to everyone equally now? Lol
By Eauz
It's not like anyone will notice. Governments are mostly shutdown during regular workdays.
By Godstud
One Degree wrote:Altering a definition is applying it to everyone equally now?
You make the childish and erroneous assumption that people who base their dislike on actual reason is prejudice, and that's simply factual. Disliking racism and those who support it is completely reasonable. So, yes, you're showing a good lack of education here, that does you and the teaching profession you claimed to be a part of, a disservice.
By One Degree
Godstud wrote:You make the childish and erroneous assumption that people who base their dislike on actual reason is prejudice, and that's simply factual. Disliking racism and those who support it is completely reasonable. So, yes, you're showing a good lack of education here, that does you and the teaching profession you claimed to be a part of, a disservice.

Sorry, I don’t buy into your insanity that your bigotry is okay, but other’s isn’t. This is just part of the delusion of believing you are superior. You are either tolerant of other views or you aren’t.
By Godstud
Disliking bigotry is not bigotry. You imply that they are the same. That's simply not true.

Me hating Trump supporters is based on Trump supporters support of racism, nazism, promoting ignorance, and their visible xenophobia. Those are perfectly rational and reasonable reasons to hate someone, and thus does not fall into the category of bigotry.
What I find worrisome is the number of people who are happy to conned by the Russians. There has been spies coming from no end of sources for eons, but what the Russians have done has kicked it up a big, fat notch, and suddenly the R.W. is either denying it or celebrating it. Scary biscuits, America.
By Hindsite
Godstud wrote:Disliking bigotry is not bigotry. You imply that they are the same. That's simply not true.

Me hating Trump supporters is based on Trump supporters support of racism, nazism, promoting ignorance, and their visible xenophobia. Those are perfectly rational and reasonable reasons to hate someone, and thus does not fall into the category of bigotry.

I am a Trump supporter that supports none of those phobias or isms. So your prejudice against all Trump supporters is stupid and bigotry as well. I support Trump because of his political views and policies of trying to make America great again. That also requires secure borders in today's world.
By Drlee
I am a Trump supporter that supports none of those phobias or isms. So your prejudice against all Trump supporters is stupid and bigotry as well. I support Trump because of his political views and policies of trying to make America great again. That also requires secure borders in today's world

Nice try. We have all read your blatantly racist posts. Try again later.
By Hindsite
Drlee wrote:.

Nice try. We have all read your blatantly racist posts. Try again later.

Apparently you have a perception problem. I have said many times that I am not racist.
The fact that I have a different opinion than you do does not make me racist.
HalleluYah
By Godstud
@Hindsite Saying you are not racist, and then making racist statements sort of invalidates your statement.
He also complains about 'fake news' and yet repeats debunked fake news, or arguments and is a self-admitted reader of Brietbart & watcher of the Fox News Channel :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
XogGyux wrote:This guy is hilarious. "Trump is great, the economy is great, but thank god I took my money out of the market in October"

The worst is already over. That's why you guys never get corrections. Today was the largest up day in history (which is as meaningless as all the "worst Christmas stock market since 1931"). It's meaningless. We should see it rally a bit more, turn around and retest the lows, then we'll probably start moving higher again. Policies drive the economy, not personalities.

XogGyux wrote:If you have so much trust in this moron, put your money where your mouth is and invest it all.

?? In the last few years, where have I ever said, "I trust Trump completely... "? I don't trust politicians at all. Why I like Trump is because he is exposing other politicians.

XogGyux wrote:Anything short of that and you don't believe the shit that is spurting out of his mouth.

? Again, what makes you think I believe everything he says? To you guys, Trump is constantly lying. He's the Northeast equivalent of Bill Clinton. Trump is a consummate bull shitter.

XogGyux wrote:Doing otherwise would be unpatriotic as you would not be supporting the very president you think is doing an amazing job. :lol:

? Where are you coming up with this stuff from? I don't even claim to be patriotic.
By Hindsite
redcarpet wrote:He also complains about 'fake news' and yet repeats debunked fake news, or arguments and is a self-admitted reader of Brietbart & watcher of the Fox News Channel

I do not read Brietbart, but I do watch FOX News so I can hear and see the truth.
By Rich
Hindsite wrote:I do not read Brietbart, but I do watch FOX News so I can hear and see the truth.

Well I certainly think you should put more trust in Fox News than the Bible, although it is right to put more trust in the Bible than the Koran.

This is not a Trump shut down but an American Constitution shut down. It comes out of America's idiotic constitution. Britain's First Past the Post system is bad, but America's system (perhaps that should be anti system) is far worse. Anyway I'm optimistic that a Trump Presidency combined with a Democratic House majority is going to make for two years of entertaining viewing.
Rich wrote:Well I certainly think you should put more trust in Fox News than the Bible, although it is right to put more trust in the Bible than the Koran.

This is not a Trump shut down but an American Constitution shut down. It comes out of America's idiotic constitution. Britain's First Past the Post system is bad, but America's system (perhaps that should be anti system) is far worse. Anyway I'm optimistic that a Trump Presidency combined with a Democratic House majority is going to make for two years of entertaining viewing.

WORD! The Americans would benefit hugely if they had adopted the parliamentary system instead, with the executive part of the legislature based on an inherent majority of seats. Even countries using it with PR can have long-term political stability, like the Nordic countries!
By Drlee
Why I like Trump is because he is exposing other politicians.

He sure is. He has definitely proved that republican senators and congressmen will sell their honor rather than lose the racist, if you hear banjos paddle faster crowd. I love Lindsey Graham. This man blows in the political wind more than a palm tree. He has the morals of an alley cat.

He has also exposed democrats for the political losers that they are. Even with a huge majority they can't muster the balls to bring the game to the republicans. They tenaciously hold to one losing issue after another.

We will see what Pelosi does. It could go either way.
The President has made clear that any bill to fund the government must adequately fund border security to stop the flow of illegal drugs, criminals, MS-13 gang members, child smugglers and human traffickers into our communities – and protect the American people.

The Administration understands this crisis and made a reasonable, common-sense solution to Democrats five days ago – we’ve not received a single response. The President and his team stayed in Washington over Christmas hoping to negotiate a deal that would stop the dangerous crisis on the border, protect American communities, and re-open the government.

The Democrats decided to go home. The only rational conclusion is that the Democrat party is openly choosing to keep our government closed to protect illegal immigrants rather than the American people.
By Drlee
The President has made clear that any bill to fund the government must adequately fund border security to stop the flow of illegal drugs, criminals, MS-13 gang members, child smugglers and human traffickers into our communities – and protect the American people.

Wrong.

He said no wall no bill. Simple as that.

The Administration understands this crisis and made a reasonable, common-sense solution to Democrats five days ago – we’ve not received a single response.

Wrong.

The President and his team stayed in Washington over Christmas hoping to negotiate a deal that would stop the dangerous crisis on the border, protect American communities, and re-open the government.

Wrong.

The Democrats decided to go home.

Wrong. The republican majority adjourned the house and senate. :roll:

The only rational conclusion is that the Democrat party is openly choosing to keep our government closed to protect illegal immigrants rather than the American people.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Idiots might think this. Intelligent people don't.
By Stormsmith
Trump will have to accept that there will be no wall.

That said, he should try and do it before Congress sits in the new year. If Trump does it now it won't appear as bad as it will if Speaker Pelosi forces his hand.
By Drlee
The profoundly stupid people who support this so-called wall are not even aware of what it would take to build it. The Federal government does not even own the property upon which much of the wall would be built. Every state, rancher or owner would have to be individually sued to even acquire the right to build there. The contracts would have to be let. Workers would have to be hired and comply with state and local regulations. The environmental impact studies required by law would have to be completed. They have not even been begun at this point.

In other words. This "wall" is a complete joke and only important to people who are not smart enough to see the folly in even wanting it.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Hamas are terrorist animals who started this and […]

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]