Election 2020 - Page 57 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Pants-of-dog
Drlee wrote:I am not going to play this game. If you wish to dispute what I said, please cite your proof.

Traffic tickets are arrests. They are a summons to appear in court without posting bond but the penalty for not appearing is the exact same penalty as that of a person who is in jail, makes bond and then skips on the bond.

Please do not try that shit on me POD. I know it is your go-to method of dismissing inconvenient truth.

I have been charged with minor traffic crimes. I was not arrested. So that disproves the claim that people being charged with a crime are always arrested.

Your refusal to provide support for your claim is noted.

Oh they would do much better. Evidence the Dream Act. This is a mere first step but it is much better than the Republican attempt to disassemble it.

Considering how little impact and effectiveness DACA had, or has, this seems like a very minor difference. And since the conservatives are taking over the courts slowly, even this minimal impact has an uncertain future.

The deportations are about the same. Enforcement about the same. Treatment of immigrants in custody far worse under Trump.

Neither do substantial workplace enforcement therefor neither is serious about immigration. Still. If I were the parent of an anchor child I would be more hopeful under a democratic administration than under a republican one.

I am not sure that treatment is worse now.

The cages that the kids were put in were built by the Obama administration, for example.
By late
Zionist Nationalist wrote:
Trump is doing what Obama was doing since 2008
everyone who says that Illegals are worse treated under Trump is either dishonest or misinformed

BS.

Flores...
late wrote:BS.

Flores...

dont like the truth?
I spoken with alt rightists in the US they said they disappointed that Trump just kept the Obama policy and did not put more harsh approach
I agree with them Illegals should be treated like trash they deserve no rights
By Drlee
I have been charged with minor traffic crimes. I was not arrested. So that disproves the claim that people being charged with a crime are always arrested.

Your refusal to provide support for your claim is noted.

You are mistaken being taken into custody for an arrest. You are wrong. And you offer only your personal experience as evidence. A traffic stop is an arrest even if the person arrested is only given a ticket or even released with a warning. I will not do your work for you.

Your typical inability to support your uninformed claims is noted.
By Pants-of-dog
If you want to make this a discussion about the meaning of the word “arrest”, go ahead without me. That is semantics about a tangent of an interpretation about some vague thing that Biden said.

On a more topical note, my point that the Democrats seem more immigrant friendly, but otherwise maintain almost the exact same policies as Republicans when it comes to immigration, has not been refuted.

This makes sense because both parties support the economic model of the status quo.
By late
Zionist Nationalist wrote:
dont like the truth?
I spoken with alt rightists in the US they said they disappointed that Trump just kept the Obama policy and did not put more harsh approach
I agree with them Illegals should be treated like trash they deserve no rights

Obama did have problems, but they stuck with the Flores decision. That means they stopped holding people where they had no reason to hold them.

Trump had camps built that don't meet our standards. The treatment of kids is cruel to the point where describing it as torture is entirely reasonable. We're also talking about kids dying.

Your sources are utter crap.

2 administration officials announced the change of policy on national tv.

Now they are trying to paper over the failure saying it's the same.

It is not.
By Drlee
On a more topical note, my point that the Democrats seem more immigrant friendly, but otherwise maintain almost the exact same policies as Republicans when it comes to immigration, has not been refuted.

Why try to refute it? They do have the same basic policies though the republicans are desperate to paint democrats as open borders types.

What is true is that democrats treat illegals better.
Trump, from what the news is reporting cannot be charged with a crime while he is in office. He can be charged with a crime after he is out of office. Some think after he leaves office he could be charged with a crime. That means he has to keep his throne to prevent from being charged with a crime and potentially go to prison. This gives him an incentive to not step down if he loses this year's election or if he wins this year's election not step down when his second term is over. So, do people think that Trump will step down if he loses this year's election? I don't think he will.
By Drlee
I understand your feelings on this.

I think he will step down. He has no choice. I believe that the military will not follow him and it would have to for him to have a chance to stay in office. Indeed I believe that the oath that military people take will prevail and they would arrest him if he attempted a coup.

There is no formal action a president must take to leave office. As soon as his successor is sworn in he is no longer president and therefor no longer commander in chief. So I think that he will go. Loudly but when he is supposed to.
@Drlee

We'll see. I don't trust him and I think he might try to get generals loyal to him appointed to military leadership positions. Their is a reason that Trump prizes loyalty to him above ALL else (and i mean ALL) in people he chooses to work for him. Enlisted men will have no choice but to follow their orders otherwise they risk getting court martialed and dishonorably discharged. If that happens to them, they have no hope of a future in civilian life. Once you are enlisted and have spent a certain amount of time in the military, the military has got you and Uncle Sam owns you. You can't just walk away or put in your two week's notice or chapter out like you can a few days into your initial enlistment term when some might have a change of heart and the military usually, from what I understand, chapters them out. Don't fall in line while serving your enlistment and you can find yourself with a military record to where you will never have a future as a civilian. I am not trying to disrespect the Office of the Presidency by calling Trump a dictator.

But Trump has conducted himself like a dictator who is above the law, unaccountable and NOT in a Presidential manner and has worked to destroy this country by dividing it, playing to the prejudices, ignorance and fears of one segment of the population through manipulation and has disrespected our veterans and Gold Star Families who sacrificed mind, soul, limb and life quite literally. That's hard for me to take. It's not much I can do about it but I don't have any respect for Trump and he has brought dishonor, disgrace not only to the Office of the Presidency but to this entire country. He is an embarrassment and he has destroyed any moral standing we had in the world. I don't claim him as my President.
By Hindsite
Drlee wrote:You are mistaken being taken into custody for an arrest. You are wrong. And you offer only your personal experience as evidence. A traffic stop is an arrest even if the person arrested is only given a ticket or even released with a warning. I will not do your work for you.

Your typical inability to support your uninformed claims is noted.

I was pulled over once by a policemen for what he called a courtesy stop to inform me that my right rear stop light had burned out. The other two stop lights were working properly. I am glad he stopped me to let me know so I could get a knew bulb, but to arrest me or give me a ticket for something like that would have made me angry and it would also be poor public relations for the police.
By blackjack21
Drlee wrote:We will have these endless arguments until we fix the system. Reagan could see that and offered a program of amnesty for millions of them. The modern republican party sees them simply as a vote-getting tool to be pulled out every election time and left in their indentured servitude the rest of the time.

Right and it made California a Democratic stronghold when it had given us two Republican presidents--Nixon and Reagan. Republicans are stupid, but when the results of amnesty are pointed out to them their electoral sensibilities and ambition to remain in office usually gets the better of them.

Drlee wrote:A traffic stop is an arrest even if the person arrested is only given a ticket or even released with a warning.

That's correct. During a misdemeanor arrest, police usually have to take you before a judge for arraignment. They can release you on a promise to appear after booking you. They do that with drunk and disorderly and DUIs all the time after the arrestees sober up.

Drlee wrote:What is true is that democrats treat illegals better.

Democrats treat illegal aliens better than US citizens. True. They get free healthcare in California, but Californians don't.

Drlee wrote:This comment by Biden pretty much rules out his running for office and may actually cost the democrats the entire election. Of course he became instantly unelectable with this comment. The commercials that will spring from this whether directed against Biden or "democrats favor letting illegal alien drunk drivers go free...." could very much put districts that were likely democrat in contention. My personal opinion is that this alone may be the end of the democrat's hopes for 2020. I see no defense by any democratic candidate for this.

His "Son of a bitch, he got fired" and confiscation of AR-15 comments in conjunction with this comment are basically setting up for an election that would even make Lee Atwater blush. This reminds me of the 1984 and 1988 elections. The Democrats have just gone too far left for the country. Impeachment is their only hope.
By Ter
blackjack21 wrote:Democrats treat illegal aliens better than US citizens. True. They get free healthcare in California, but Californians don't.

Is that true ?
If so, how do they explain that to legal Californian Americans who pay their taxes and who are not well-off ?
How come any legal American in California would ever vote for the politicians responsible for this surreal scenario ?
By blackjack21
Ter wrote:Is that true ?
If so, how do they explain that to legal Californian Americans who pay their taxes and who are not well-off ?
How come any legal American in California would ever vote for the politicians responsible for this surreal scenario ?

The only people dumber than Republicans are Democrats.

Calif.'s free health care for illegal immigrants an unsustainable financial burden
How do they pay for it? By taxing the uninsured with an ObamaCare-like mandate--in other words, taxing people who can't afford insurance...otherwise known as taxing the poor. Democrats have become almost enemies of the poor and working class these days, but many people still vote for them religiously. It's a bit like a cult. It's part of why people are leaving California now.
By Stormsmith
President Trump could be pardoned for crimes by the new President, presumably Vice President Pence.

However, VP Pence cannot interfere with state charges. Cy Vance of New York has been persistently squabbling with the President over tax statements for some time now.
By anasawad
As far as I see it, As long as Bernie Sanders doesn't win the Democratic nomination, then everything will be fine.
All the other Democratic candidates have no chance of winning against Trump, only Bernie Sanders, and if the liberal democrats take office then they'll use the regular pathetic weakling policy of appeasement with the Cleric's regime on the expense of the people living under the oppression of that regime.

Go Trump 2020. As long as Trump stays in office, the US-Iran relations will continue to be frozen in place and as such giving a chance for the people to overthrow this regime (not only in Iran, but Iraq, Syria, and Lebanon as well); If the Democrats took over, then the regular pathetic western liberals will start providing a lifeline for the regime to save it from the people's anger all while selling a false image of "peace in the region".

And yes, I mean western Liberals and progressives in general since it's beyond contest that European Liberals were providing a lifeline for the regime and still trying to continue providing that lifeline.
By Big Steve-3
anasawad wrote:As far as I see it, As long as Bernie Sanders doesn't win the Democratic nomination, then everything will be fine.
All the other Democratic candidates have no chance of winning against Trump, only Bernie Sanders, and if the liberal democrats take office then they'll use the regular pathetic weakling policy of appeasement with the Cleric's regime on the expense of the people living under the oppression of that regime.

Go Trump 2020. As long as Trump stays in office, the US-Iran relations will continue to be frozen in place and as such giving a chance for the people to overthrow this regime (not only in Iran, but Iraq, Syria, and Lebanon as well); If the Democrats took over, then the regular pathetic western liberals will start providing a lifeline for the regime to save it from the people's anger all while selling a false image of "peace in the region".

And yes, I mean western Liberals and progressives in general since it's beyond contest that European Liberals were providing a lifeline for the regime and still trying to continue providing that lifeline.

If he gets the nomination (he won't) he would never win. His heart attack will become a major story once again. Considering the guy would be creeping up on his 80th birthday when he assumed office, that's really a non-starter. I think a Sanders' nomination all but guarantees Trump a second term. And who's likely to be Sanders' running mate? It would have to be someone who strongly tempers Sanders' views, which can be pretty radical.

Right now, I don't see anyone who can beat Trump in the General.
By anasawad
@Indy
Compared to other Democratic candidates, Sanders is the strongest right now; though to be fair, the other candidates are weak with the only possible exception of Tulsi.
By Big Steve-3
anasawad wrote:@Indy
Compared to other Democratic candidates, Sanders is the strongest right now; though to be fair, the other candidates are weak with the only possible exception of Tulsi.

If Sanders is the strongest in the field, the Democrats should be very, very worried.

Ireland joins South Africa in the charges of genoc[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Everything is good here, @wat0n :)

Sounds like perfect organized crime material ex[…]

Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last ye[…]