Election 2020 - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Stormsmith wrote:If Biden enters, he'll take the nomination.

Agreed. I personally think he is the only one who can beat Trump with the possible exception of an Ojeda.

Stormsmith wrote: Conversely, VS can't be the only one to be choked about it.

I actually don't know what this expression means and so I don't know how to take it. Please explain.
By Beren
Victoribus Spolia wrote:Kamala Harris frightens me.

Shes like a black version of Nurse Ratched and I fear she will require either lobotomies or castration for all white males in the United States.

*laughs uneasily to himself*

I wonder if this tells anything about her or rather you. ;)
Beren wrote:I wonder if this tells anything about her or rather you.

Pfffft. No red-blooded, gun-owning, God-fearing ancap and father of 6 trying to start his own farm-business and preserve his family lands has anything to fear from the likes of Sen. Harris.

What an absurd claim on your part.

*clutches testicles and begins praying the Rosary.*
By Beren
Victoribus Spolia wrote:Pfffft. No red-blooded, gun-owning, God-fearing ancap and father of 6 trying to start his own farm-business and preserve his family lands has anything to fear from the likes of Sen. Harris.

What an absurd claim on your part.

*clutches testicles and begins praying the Rosary.*

Well, you talked about being lobotomised and such just because you happen to be a white male in the United States. But now you turn out to be the enemy. :lol:
By Stormsmith
Victoribus Spolia wrote:I mean, we'll see that happens and by 2020 I don't expect that i'll even participate in elections at all anymore, but i'm a bit too cynical to take polling too seriously after what we've seen in the recent past.

The weaponization and manipulation of information has made me a permanent skeptic.

From this, I assumed you were upset. Choked.
Stormsmith wrote:From this, I assumed you were upset. Choked.

Not necessarily, the reason I am not likely to vote is because since I converted to Anarcho-Capitalism (one year ago) I've been changing and rethinking the nature of political involvement and have been becoming increasingly dedicated to the idea of Agorism and personal secessionism. Thus, voting is superfluous and actually counter-productive from my system's perspective, given my goals. My cynicism regarding polls and the media was a seperate point unrelated to the first, but I can see how my writing could be construed as tying the two together.

ON AGORISM (Fyi, plus its a short read):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agorism

In any event, I like the expression now that you have explained it a bit.

In any event,

My cycnism pairs well with a glass of Sherry and a few hits of pot, so i'm managing quite well. :D
Beren wrote:Well, you talked about being lobotomised and such just because you happen to be a white male in the United States. But now you turn out to be the enemy.

I don't even know what you mean anymore.

In any event, I am being mostly satirical self-deprecating in my humor; though there is a tinge of actual concern given my political/familial values regarding the future under such policies.

my wild wild west approach to life doesn't pair well with politicians who increasingly want to be involved with how I do things, I just want to go my own way and be free to do as a I wish with my own family and farm and to speak about my views without being sent to Siberia.
By jimjam
The most troubling development of the Trump era is not the president’s own election and subsequent behavior; it is the institutional corruption, weakness and self-betrayal of the Republican Party. The party has abandoned its core commitments to constitutional norms, to conservative principles and even to basic decency. It has allowed itself to be hijacked by a reality television star who is a pathological liar, emotionally unsteady and accountable only to himself. And Republicans have embraced presidential conduct that, had it been engaged in by a Democrat, they would have denounced as corrupt, incompetent and even treasonous.
By Torus34
An important component of the 2020 Electoral College choice for the President of the United States of America is how President Donald Trump is perceived by the congressmen of the Republican Party.

Thus far, with but one or two exceptions, those worthies have followed a policy of 'go along to get along'. Their own interests have not been significantly impeded by the persona and actions of President Trump. As his behavior continues to become more and more bizarre*, though, there may come a tipping point for his Republican congressional support.

At this writing President Donald Trump is constructing his wall at last. Rather than building it along the US/Mexican border, he's erecting it around the White House.

Stay tuned ...

* Recommended reading: The Watchful Poker Chip of H. Matisse, by Ray Bradbury.
Last edited by Torus34 on 26 Apr 2019 15:42, edited 1 time in total.
all democratic nominees suck ass
they should prepare for 2024 because in 2020 they have no chance

BTW those are the current odds for all nominees
https://www.oddsshark.com/other/2020-us ... ds-futures

Donald Trump +130
Bernie Sanders +600
Beto O’Rourke +800
Kamala Harris +900
Joe Biden +1000
Pete Buttgieg +1000
Andrew Yang +2000
Elizabeth Warren +5000
Amy Klobuchar +5000
Cory Booker +5000
Mike Pence +6600
Kirsten Gillibrand +6600
Nikki Haley +6600
Tulsi Gabbard +10000
John Hickenlooper +10000
John Kasich +10000
Julian Castro +10000
Howard Schultz +10000
Andrew Cuomo +10000
Gavin Newsom +10000
By Crantag
Zionist Nationalist wrote:all democratic nominees suck ass
they should prepare for 2024 because in 2020 they have no chance

BTW those are the current odds for all nominees
https://www.oddsshark.com/other/2020-us ... ds-futures

You don't know how to read odds because based on what you posted Trump is favored to LOSE the election.

At +130, it means you bet 100 to win 130. If Trump was a 50/50 pick, the odds would be about -140 (bet 140 to win 100), which is in line with including the bookie's cut.
By colliric
Crantag wrote:You don't know how to read odds because based on what you posted Trump is favored to LOSE the election.

At +130, it means you bet 100 to win 130. If Trump was a 50/50 pick, the odds would be about -140 (bet 140 to win 100), which is in line with including the bookie's cut.

Isn't that situation called being an odds-on favourite?

Trump is still THE FAVOURITE to win the election. He may not be the odds-on favourite, but he is the heavy favourite nonetheless.
By Crantag
colliric wrote:Isn't that situation called being an odds-on favourite?

Trump is still THE FAVOURITE to win the election. He may not be the odds-on favourite, but he is the heavy favourite nonetheless.

No, he isn't.

This is pretty simple stuff really.

Why do you suppose that the odds are relatively wide on all the other candidates?

Let me give you a hint, what do they all have in common with one another? I'll give you a hint to the hint. This common factor is one which does not apply to Trump.

Obviously, they all have to go through the primary against each other, before they get to Trump, and the odds measure their chance to first defeat all the Democrats and then to defeat Trump.

Trump's odds indicate him as an underdog against his eventual challenger, whoever that ends up being. Again, if Trump was -140, he'd be considered at a 50/50 chance to win. As it stands, his chances are somewhat less than 50/50, based on the odds.

As for your favorite/odds on favorite thing: the candidates in the pool are not direct competitors against one another. The question is their individual chance to win the presidency. Even the democrats are not directly weighed against each other in the pool. Only in a Democratic primary election pool would such a condition attain.

It is always comical when someone (i.e. ZN) posts a source purportedly in favor of their own cherished personal view, which in fact indicates the opposite of what they had thought it did. Not only does it sabotage their argument, but it also leaves them looking rather incompetent in the process.
Now that half these morons came out saying they would let prisoners vote from prison, they have essentially kissed the rust-belt goodbye.

Only Biden can save them now, and he is a serial groper who supported the war on drugs and being a super-delegate pick of the establishment, he will likely alienate the bernie bros.

Dems are brilliant at digging their own graves.
By Stormsmith
Kamala Harris seems sympathetic but as far as I know, only Bernie has said he's all for it, and he's not a democrat.
By maz
Igor Antunov wrote:The Democrats best chance is a fucking pedophile. Let that sink in.

We need a president who won't just privately brag about grabbing available women by their genitalia. We need one who will openly fondle men's wives and daughters right in front of them.

Israel won't comply because one of their explicit[…]

Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last ye[…]

People tend to forget that the French now have a […]

It is easy to tell the tunnel was made of pre fab[…]