Election 2020 - Page 27 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Negotiator
Wtf "black people wont vote for a gay man" ?!? What the heck gives you the idea that black people still live in the past ?

A SJW, whoever it is, wont be the POTUS and thus can do very little harm compared to the POTUS. Thus they cannot possibly ever be "a billion times worse than Trump".
By Drlee
The Dems have no one. Mayor Pete and Amy Klobuchar look like normal people; however, blacks will not vote for a gay man. Mayor Pete has no numbers with black America.

I hate to say this but the Dems need to stop worrying about the black vote, the LGBTQ vote, the Scientologist vote and the Jewish vote. They need to start worrying about the white female vote and the middle class male vote.
By Julian658
Drlee wrote:I hate to say this but the Dems need to stop worrying about the black vote, the LGBTQ vote, the Scientologist vote and the Jewish vote. They need to start worrying about the white female vote and the middle class male vote.

The Dems always play identity politics which sadly revived white identity politics on the right. Trump was elected by the identity politics game initiated by the left.

I identity politics is perverse. It leads to division, tribalism, and eventually warfare. The USA census has more ethnic classes than the old South Africa.
By Pants-of-dog
Julian658 wrote:The Dems always play identity politics which sadly revived white identity politics on the right. Trump was elected by the identity politics game initiated by the left.

I identity politics is perverse. It leads to division, tribalism, and eventually warfare. The USA census has more ethnic classes than the old South Africa.

No, the right was racist long before the centre right decided to stand against racism.
By Julian658
Pants-of-dog wrote:No, the right was racist long before the centre right decided to stand against racism.

I agree. But, fighting racism with racism never works. It simply fuels the other side.
By Pants-of-dog
Julian658 wrote:I agree.

You often agree that your claims are wrong. And then you make the same claim later.

But, fighting racism with racism never works. It simply fuels the other side.

Fighting for racial equality is not racism or racist. The traditional racism of the right is the only racism.
By Rugoz
Julian658 wrote:An SJW is a billion times worse than crazy Trump.

As long as the SJW can form a coherent sentence and doesn't behave like a 10-year old whiny brat he's already better than Trump.

Julian658 wrote:The Dems have no one.

Nonsense.

Bernie, Wang and Pete are good and not SJW, I haven't seen much of Warren. They talk like normal, intelligent human beings. You know, homo sapiens instead of orangutan.
By Julian658
Pants-of-dog wrote:You often agree that your claims are wrong. And then you make the same claim later.

Fighting for racial equality is not racism or racist. The traditional racism of the right is the only racism.

What in the world is racial equality? There is only one human race! What are you smoking POD? Explain yourself.
By Julian658
Rugoz wrote:As long as the SJW can form a coherent sentence and doesn't behave like a 10-year old whiny brat he's already better than Trump.

Nonsense.

Bernie, Wang and Pete are good and not SJW, I haven't seen much of Warren. They talk like normal, intelligent human beings. You know, homo sapiens instead of orangutan.

You miss the irony. Some voters believe that the ten year old is a better option than the Dems. This should be taken seriously by the Democratic party. It probably means they are out of contact with the average voter.

Wang is the better one in that group. He could give Trump a run for his money. Mayor Pete would lose because black people will not vote for him. The Dems need the black vote.
By Pants-of-dog
Julian658 wrote:What in the world is racial equality? There is only one human race! What are you smoking POD? Explain yourself.

So you have abandoned your argument that identity politics is a type of racism. I guess you agree you were wrong about that too.

Anyway, Trump’s wish to be portrayed as a racist is interesting as a tactic for manipulating the debate.
By Julian658
Pants-of-dog wrote:So you have abandoned your argument that identity politics is a type of racism. I guess you agree you were wrong about that too.

Anyway, Trump’s wish to be portrayed as a racist is interesting as a tactic for manipulating the debate.

POD: If anyone is racist to you it means they perceive you as less. Is that what you mean by racism? How would you solve that perception?

To have racism one side has to feel superior or one side has to feel inferior. How do you correct that perception?

BTW, there cannot be racism among equals.
By Pants-of-dog
@Julian658

I am not here to repeat our recent back and forth on racism.

On topic:

Trump is happy to be called racist. He can win that fight. He has already shown how he can frame that debate to his advantage.

Democrats would be better to push him on his failed wall, or the human rights abuses at the border, or his failure to address climate change.
By BigSteve
Pants-of-dog wrote:Democrats would be better to push him on his failed wall, or the human rights abuses at the border, or his failure to address climate change.

They've tried those and they have proven to be unqualified failures...
Last edited by BigSteve on 19 Sep 2019 18:44, edited 1 time in total.
By Stormsmith
[quote="DrLee"]I do not see a single way for the democrats to win the presidency. They are rudderless and running an absolutely bad campaign. The bright spot is that you and I will make more money than ever on the lowered taxes.[/quote]

I wonder. Most women are upset at the thought of losing abortion. They are choked at losing health care for their selves and for their child-bearing aged children, and they worry about the education system, from kindergarten to college, and more. They wont be sitting out this election. Of the top five Democratic nominees, none are as (widely) disliked as Mrs Clinton, so those who were most likely to vote democratic, or for Trump wont sit this one out. And, with a spot of luck, Moscow Mitch won't be re-elected.

Women stayed home during the last election. They've been out in mass protesting Mr Trump. If Mr Biden wins the spot for the Dems candidate, they'll support him. If Warren wins, women will support her, but she might lose some of the the black male supporters.
By Drlee
I don't disagree Stormsmith. Women are the key to this election. If they turn out in big numbers Trump is in trouble. But they must be given a credible candidate.

@FiveofSwords Also, don't get too hung up on g[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This post was made on the 16th April two years ag[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]