Election 2020 - Page 270 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Rancid
ingliz wrote:Suppressing the vote...

In Texas, by voiding the 100,000+ votes cast in Electoral Commission authorised drop off boxes and drive thru voting stations.

In Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, by overturning lower court rulings that late mail-in votes, postmarked on or before the 3rd November, should be counted with a postal service that is barely running at 85% on time delivery (Coincidentally, or not, the service has worsened this past fortnight. The only time posting a vote was possible due to their Commissions late mail out of ballots).

In Florida, by imposing a poll tax on the poor.

:)

That is the only way they can win, by shutting down the power of voting. Pushing the fraud story was the setup.

@JohnRawls looks like you will owe me 10$ on account of Republicans committing voter fraud by tryin to invalidate votes on stupid terms.
By Patrickov
Mark Simon, American assistant to Hong Kong anti-CCP media mogul Jimmy Lai (who's awaiting trial because of CCP persecution), has to resign because of his involvement in a fakes news attack against Hunter Biden.

Allegedly NBC first accused the falsibility of the attack material. It's also alleged that Apple Daily, the only major anti-CCP newspaper in Hong Kong, and owned by Jimmy Lai, asked for the writing of the said material.

A preliminary link from SCMP:
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/article ... ona-report

A quick comment is that, China apologists like to accuse Lai of being controlled by the United States. Apparently this event is a proof that the reverse is true.
By JohnRawls
Rancid wrote:That is the only way they can win, by shutting down the power of voting. Pushing the fraud story was the setup.

@JohnRawls looks like you will owe me 10$ on account of Republicans committing voter fraud by tryin to invalidate votes on stupid terms.

It won't be enough. Not in this election.
By Patrickov
Rugoz wrote:Looks like Biden will win this.

My main concern is "what's next", i.e. what new policies his team is going to implement if or when they win.
By Patrickov
XogGyux wrote:NO! he is losing. Please everyone go out and go vote right now.

Voting is a responsibility in democracies. Even if your side is winning, VOTE VOTE VOTE. Defend YOUR democracy.
By XogGyux
Patrickov wrote:Voting is a responsibility in democracies. Even if your side is winning, VOTE VOTE VOTE. Defend YOUR democracy.

I agree. Can also ask politely not to vote for the insane idiot that is "leading" this country to the flames. :lol:
By Patrickov
XogGyux wrote:I agree. Can also ask politely not to vote for the insane idiot that is "leading" this country to the flames. :lol:

Allow me to disagree for this detail, despite (?) the sharing I made earlier.
By XogGyux
Patrickov wrote:Allow me to disagree for this detail, despite (?) the sharing I made earlier.

What part? the persuasion part or the don't vote for the lunatic part? (e.i vote for someone else)
By Patrickov
XogGyux wrote:What part? the persuasion part or the don't vote for the lunatic part? (e.i vote for someone else)

The latter. There are worse lunatics that normal people cannot stop.
By Doug64

ingliz wrote:Suppressing the vote...

In Texas, by voiding the 100,000+ votes cast in Electoral Commission authorised drop off boxes and drive thru voting stations.

Governor Abbot's order expanded Texans' voting options, not decreased them. The fact that Democrats tried to push voting even wider than his orders allowed and in some cases failed doesn't change that.

In Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, by overturning lower court rulings that late mail-in votes, postmarked on or before the 3rd November, should be counted with a postal service that is barely running at 85% on time delivery (Coincidentally, or not, the service has worsened this past fortnight. The only time posting a vote was possible due to their Commissions late mail out of ballots).

And just what laws passed by the state legislatures (the ones the Constitution authorizes to make the decision) validates the ballots arriving after Election Day? Yes, in a number of states mail-in ballots can be acquired after they could reasonably arrive by Election Day ... by mail. But the mail isn't the only way they can be sent, there's dropping them off at polling stations on Election Day or even filling them out right at the county office and turning it in immediately.

In Florida, by imposing a poll tax on the poor.

I assume you're referring to the requirement for convicts to completely pay off their debts to the state resulting from their punishments before they can resume voting? It makes sense to me--if you are going to temporarily remove the right to vote while someone convicted of a crime pays their debt to the state, that right shouldn't be returned until they have, in fact, paid their debt to the state.

Patrickov wrote:
Voting is a responsibility in democracies. Even if your side is winning, VOTE VOTE VOTE. Defend YOUR democracy.

It's even a responsibility in Republics, so I agree wholeheartedly. Even if there is no one or nothing you particularly want to vote for, there is almost certain to be someone or something you want to vote against. And even if that isn't true either, vote anyway--as a citizen, it is your duty as well as your right. (For the LDS, a religious as well as a civic duty.)

Mind, it is also your duty to educate yourself about who and what you'll be voting for--if you can't be bothered to carry out that duty please don't carry out the other, you're likely to do more harm than good.
By Patrickov
Doug64 wrote:It's even a responsibility in Republics, so I agree wholeheartedly. Even if there is no one or nothing you particularly want to vote for, there is almost certain to be someone or something you want to vote against. And even if that isn't true either, vote anyway--as a citizen, it is your duty as well as your right. (For the LDS, a religious as well as a civic duty.)

Mind, it is also your duty to educate yourself about who and what you'll be voting for--if you can't be bothered to carry out that duty please don't carry out the other, you're likely to do more harm than good.

The second paragraph seems to be contradicting the first?
By Doug64
Patrickov wrote:The second paragraph seems to be contradicting the first?

If you aren't willing to do the job right, don't do it at all.
By Patrickov
Doug64 wrote:If you aren't willing to do the job right, don't do it at all.

I will reword it to reduce possible confusion:

If you do it, do it right.
By Doug64
@Patrickov, either works equally well.
By Patrickov
Doug64 wrote:@Patrickov, either works equally well.

Thanks for your endorsement.

Praise the Lord for whatever He arranges. (I kind of miss Member Hindsite)
By Doug64
Patrickov wrote:Thanks for your endorsement.

Praise the Lord for whatever He arranges. (I kind of miss Member Hindsite)

:lol: I suspect that works better for most Christians if you condense it slightly--"Praise the Lord, whatever He arranges." Even prophets have trouble with the "for."
By JohnRawls
colliric wrote:https://youtu.be/vyn5rhRua-c

Michael Moore still thinks Trump is going to win.

We will find out soon, won't we.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

He was "one of the good ones". Of cours[…]

Re: Why do Americans automatically side with Ukra[…]

Gaza is not under Israeli occupation. Telling […]

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]