Election 2020 - Page 149 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Drlee
:roll:

Read again.
By Beren
jimjam wrote:The white minority feels they are losing "their" country and if they can't have it they want to destroy it for the coming majority of people of color. So they embraced someone who would *blow it up* for them.

The proper term would be *liquidate*, which typically happens when a company is going bankrupt.
By Pants-of-dog
Doug64 wrote:Nope, I agree that the Washington Times editorial board has a conservative viewpoint, so naturally the MSM(D) and their supporters believe the newspaper is published in the depths of hell. Meanwhile, I've watched the MSM(D) have a meltdown and throw away all journalistic ethics after Trump won the election, in pursuit of their crusade to overturn that election. So considering the source, why should I take seriously anything negative they say about any Conservative news source? I used to listen to Democrats and read Liberal columnists. Not anymore.

So, yes, you agree that your source is misleading and you think is fine because you have accused other media outlets of the same thing.

This is illogical.

What argument are you trying to support with this “article”?
By Doug64
Pants-of-dog wrote:So, yes, you agree that your source is misleading and you think is fine because you have accused other media outlets of the same thing.

Let me know when your reading comprehension improves.
By Drlee
And now, just when you thought maybe Trump is learning something by the free fall of his poll numbers he comes out with this. He wants to cut federal payments to schools that do not open in fall. And do this without regard to the health of the students and their families.

He claimed in an interview that democrats want the schools closed only to hurt his campaign.

Now what is so sad about this is that some pea brain is about to post that this is true. Trump's followers are simply not smart enough to see how ludicrous this is. But you have to hand it to the republicans. They made a pivot a number of years ago to embrace racism in the South. They have made another pivot to embrace unintelligent people wherever they are.
By XogGyux
The race for stupid shortcuts.
Step 1. Open schools
Step 2. Children sneeze in school (even if not coronavirus related_
Step 3. School freaks out and send kid home with a note saying that kid cannot go back to school unless has 2x COVID negative and is no longer symptomatic of whatever common bug he/she has.
Step 4. Parents still have to take days off because half the kids are still at home for one reason or another.

More failures. And in 2 months we will be hearing "Nobody see it coming", "THe news media was not covering this, they were wasting time on Tulsa rally size" or some other dumb excuse.
By XogGyux
Not to mention, politically speaking, this is the absolute worse that this guy can do. His best chance to go pass this failure is to somehow convince Mitch McMoron to try to keep a lifeline going for American people until nov 3.
The moment that they "open" and have "kids back to school" and people start realizing of the reality that about 1/3rd of all jobs are not going to come back... the time that they realize of that his re-election chances will officially vanish. His best-case scenario is to keep the veil of ignorance going until Nov 3. But whatever... this guy likes to shoot himself in the legs.
By XogGyux
Not to mention, using international students in the most despicable way to try to extort his way to steamroll openings and bypass university leadership.
:knife:
By Pants-of-dog
Doug64 wrote:Let me know when your reading comprehension improves.

You keep saying that you disagree, and then agree wi5 me using different words.

And you also seem to be refusing to clarify your argument.

I am going to assume that you have no argument.
By JohnRawls
Drlee wrote:And now, just when you thought maybe Trump is learning something by the free fall of his poll numbers he comes out with this. He wants to cut federal payments to schools that do not open in fall. And do this without regard to the health of the students and their families.

He claimed in an interview that democrats want the schools closed only to hurt his campaign.

Now what is so sad about this is that some pea brain is about to post that this is true. Trump's followers are simply not smart enough to see how ludicrous this is. But you have to hand it to the republicans. They made a pivot a number of years ago to embrace racism in the South. They have made another pivot to embrace unintelligent people wherever they are.

I don't know who is advising Trump but its definately not Bannon. His team was far more creative previously. It feels like he is digging his own grave lately. Covid vote will cost him the elderly vote. This will further aggravate the white vote. Momies and daddies are not going to happy about this.
By Drlee
I don't know who is advising Trump but its definately not Bannon. His team was far more creative previously. It feels like he is digging his own grave lately. Covid vote will cost him the elderly vote. This will further aggravate the white vote. Momies and daddies are not going to happy about this.

Very true.

I don't think that anyone is advising Trump these days. I believe he is calling all of the shots. His appears to be a completely rudderless ship. Bannon, for all his faults was a savvy operator. There is no doubt in my mind that Bannon would have Trump play cheerleader with covid. Bannon just said this:

“He’s the president of the United States. He’s not a candidate. You act like president of the United States, you take action like the president of the United States, you govern like you are president of the United States, you are going to be reelected,”

But that is clearly not what Trump is doing. As we used to say in the Army, "he jumped up and is attacking in all directions at once".

Very seriously John. Does there seem to be even the slightest continuity to the republican message? There is not a single winning message upon which they are unified. Not one. They have abandoned even the pretense of conservatism. I would go so far as to say that the republican party of 40 years ago was more inclined to follow your namesake than it was Buckley or Goldwater. Then this descent into Neo-conservatism
and then....nothing. Just some vague mumbling about immigrants and confederate generals. That and the aforementioned personal attacks.

Trump drones frequently use the term Trump Derangement Syndrome. That is not it. What people on both sides of the aisle tell me is that they are just tired of Trump. He has beaten them down. They are frightened (with good reason) and they are tired.
By Doug64
Pants-of-dog wrote:You keep saying that you disagree, and then agree wi5 me using different words.

And you also seem to be refusing to clarify your argument.

I am going to assume that you have no argument.

It is true that I might have been less than clear. So to make my point crystal clear, any site that somehow rates the New York Times and Washington Post with a High factual quality after those rags’ abandonment of journalistic ethics after Trump won, while giving the Washington Times a Mixed rating based in part on the opinions page and using fact checks by checkers that are themselves biased against Conservatives both in the selection of the stories they fact check and the content of the fact checks themselves, there is no reason why I should take that site’s judgment seriously.

So no, I don’t believe their assertion that the Washington Times is a less reliable source than MSM(D) newspapers.
By JohnRawls
Drlee wrote:Very true.

I don't think that anyone is advising Trump these days. I believe he is calling all of the shots. His appears to be a completely rudderless ship. Bannon, for all his faults was a savvy operator. There is no doubt in my mind that Bannon would have Trump play cheerleader with covid. Bannon just said this:

But that is clearly not what Trump is doing. As we used to say in the Army, "he jumped up and is attacking in all directions at once".

Very seriously John. Does there seem to be even the slightest continuity to the republican message? There is not a single winning message upon which they are unified. Not one. They have abandoned even the pretense of conservatism. I would go so far as to say that the republican party of 40 years ago was more inclined to follow your namesake than it was Buckley or Goldwater. Then this descent into Neo-conservatism
and then....nothing. Just some vague mumbling about immigrants and confederate generals. That and the aforementioned personal attacks.

Trump drones frequently use the term Trump Derangement Syndrome. That is not it. What people on both sides of the aisle tell me is that they are just tired of Trump. He has beaten them down. They are frightened (with good reason) and they are tired.

Trump took over the party. At start that seemed to work and he managed to purge the disenters.(If you didnt side with Trump then probably some crazy candidate would take your seat) Now it is not working though because Trump is not popular anymore. (Apparently just having radical ideas does not make you a good president) Well, Republicans dug their own grave with this. As i said before, it is not that bad. Yes, the democrats are going to gain a lot of ground and will seriously overtake the Republicans. Republicans will recover eventually. This has always been their fear with Trump. Usually this happened slowly but Trump managed to do it in 4 years. I think that Republicans will need a 4-8 year of soul searching after Trump to become competitive again with the democrats. :hmm:
By Pants-of-dog
Doug64 wrote:It is true that I might have been less than clear. So to make my point crystal clear, any site that somehow rates the New York Times and Washington Post with a High factual quality after those rags’ abandonment of journalistic ethics after Trump won, while giving the Washington Times a Mixed rating based in part on the opinions page and using fact checks by checkers that are themselves biased against Conservatives both in the selection of the stories they fact check and the content of the fact checks themselves, there is no reason why I should take that site’s judgment seriously.

So no, I don’t believe their assertion that the Washington Times is a less reliable source than MSM(D) newspapers.

Apparently, I was the one who was being unclear.

What argument were you trying to support with this “article” that you cited?

Were you, for example, arguing that the killings over the 4th of July weekend were due to protesters or lack police presence?

Your opinions about the NY Times and the Washington Post are irrelevant.
By Potemkin
But you have to hand it to the republicans. They made a pivot a number of years ago to embrace racism in the South. They have made another pivot to embrace unintelligent people wherever they are.

To be fair to them, how else are they going to win any elections? And, with the current demographic trends in the US, this strategy is going to become increasingly unavoidable for them.
By Hindsite
Pants-of-dog wrote:Your opinions about the NY Times and the Washington Post are irrelevant.

I bet the following is also irrelevant to you:

However, it is not irrelevant to others. :lol:
By Beren
Potemkin wrote:To be fair to them, how else are they going to win any elections? And, with the current demographic trends in the US, this strategy is going to become increasingly unavoidable for them.

In which case their collapse is going to become increasingly unavoidable too. It's not just demographic trends, though, it's cultural, political, and socio-economic trends as well, pretty much like before the Civil War. It's known that history repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster I will never vote for Biden ever. That[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Losing money is one thing, losing a whole brigade[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

Wait a moment, I'll just quickly pick up the weapo[…]