Election 2020 - Page 212 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Doug64
Wulfschilde wrote:Going by the pinned thread at the top of this forum section, this dude has been posting Rasmussen here for ten years. You complain about this every year, don't you? :lol:

And continually ignores the actual performance of Rasmussen polls while complaining. :roll:
By Drlee
And continually ignores the actual performance of Rasmussen polls while complaining

Oh no I don't. I freely acknowledge that they work very well as a propaganda arm of the Republican party. Trump supporters are not hard to fool.
By Doug64
Drlee wrote:Oh no I don't. I freely acknowledge that they work very well as a propaganda arm of the Republican party. Trump supporters are not hard to fool.

Right, that's why FiveThirtyEight gives Rasmussen an advanced +/- of 0.2, and why Rasmussen did so well predicting the final spread in the Trump/Clinton race.
By B0ycey
Rancid wrote:Let's do $10 cause my wife would probably get angry at me for losing $100. I don't want her hanging that shit over my head. :lol: :lol: :lol: :hmm:

You would also have to explain that you were backing......TRUMP! :eek:

That is ground for divorce. Besides, I thought we had a drink on it should we ever meet up??
By Hindsite
B0ycey wrote:You would also have to explain that you were backing......TRUMP!

Backing TRUMP/PENCE is way better than backing BIDEN/HARRIS or a Harris administration with sleepy Joe as pretend President.
By B0ycey
Hindsite wrote:Backing TRUMP/PENCE is way better than backing BIDEN/HARRIS or a Harris administration with sleepy Joe as pretend President.

To whom?

Besides Trump dementia antiques and lack of coherency and vocal conciseness is worse than what you accuse Biden of anyways.
By ingliz
Hindsite wrote:Backing TRUMP/PENCE is way better than backing BIDEN/HARRIS or a Harris administration with sleepy Joe as pretend President.

I am looking forward to the Trumpists' reaction when Pelosi becomes president (Article II, Section 1, Clause 6 of the United States Constitution) as the election goes to shit and is tied up in the courts.

:lol:
By Hindsite
ingliz wrote:I am looking forward to the Trumpists' reaction when Pelosi becomes president (Article II, Section 1, Clause 6 of the United States Constitution) as the election goes to shit and is tied up in the courts.

I am sure you do. :lol:
By Doug64
ingliz wrote:I am looking forward to the Trumpists' reaction when Pelosi becomes president (Article II, Section 1, Clause 6 of the United States Constitution) as the election goes to shit and is tied up in the courts.

The relevant clause is Article II, section 1, clause 3:

The Electors shall meet in their respective States, and vote by Ballot for two Persons, of whom one at least shall not be an Inhabitant of the same State with themselves. And they shall make a List of all the Persons voted for, and of the Number of Votes for each; which List they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the Seat of the Government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate. The President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the Certificates, and the Votes shall then be counted. The Person having the greatest Number of Votes shall be the President, if such Number be a Majority of the whole Number of Electors appointed; and if there be more than one who have such Majority, and have an equal Number of Votes, then the House of Representatives shall immediately chuse by Ballot one of them for President; and if no Person have a Majority, then from the five highest on the List the said House shall in like manner chuse the President. But in chusing the President, the Votes shall be taken by States, the Representation from each State having one Vote; A quorum for this Purpose shall consist of a Member or Members from two thirds of the States, and a Majority of all the States shall be necessary to a Choice. In every Case, after the Choice of the President, the Person having the greatest Number of Votes of the Electors shall be the Vice President. But if there should remain two or more who have equal Votes, the Senate shall chuse from them by Ballot the Vice President.

If Pelosi tries to become president by refusing to allow the House to vote, by state bloc, on who the president should be, then she truly would be illegitimate and anything she does as president can be called into question.
By Rancid
B0ycey wrote:That is ground for divorce. Besides, I thought we had a drink on it should we ever meet up??

She knows I worship money above all.
By Drlee
The only thing that will be decided by this election is that we will drop any pretense that we are a democracy. The oligarchy will prevail and the rest of us will just settle down to bread and circuses. We will all watch Keeping up with the Kardashians until the environment blows up. Barr will prosecute all of Trump's political foes on one made up charge or another and will will be something that the world has not seen since Rome. An extremely well armed nationalist/totalitarian government.

The republican party, my party, has decided against democracy long ago with its maniacal gerrymandering and more recent extreme and open voter suppression.

I guess I can take comfort in the fact that I am a relatively affluent white Christian American male so I stand to gain. In a way, from a personal standpoint, I can't lose this one.

On Edit:

I am warming to Trump anyway. It is becoming clearer and clearer that the Democrats don't give a rats ass about the middle class, whites or those with a moderate bent. They are all-in with their amalgam of disenfranchised voters and minorities. In some weird way Trump with his complete lack of a moral center more represents the majority of Americans than Biden does. This should not be the case but if is becoming the case. A Trump win will be the American night of the long knives. All of his dissenters will face the Justice Department. He will be unconstrained by any notion of keeping his coalition together. There will be at least two more even more conservative judges on the Supreme Court and the future will be set. Abortion will go back underground. Gerrymandering will be out of control. On and on.

I would not actually be surprised if there was not a move by the west coast to leave the union. I also believe that it is possible that the republicans will let them. Because these former states would be leftish they would not take their nukes with them and there you have it.

Sounds pretty over the top at first but it is all easily within the realm of possibility.

The Europeans and Australians who are devilishly enjoying this show had better rethink their position. The folks from OZ will instantly become a vassal state of China because there will be no incentive for the US to do squat about them. We have protected them for decades as a hedge against China and because we like them. Take the money incentive out of it (and the Australian market is insignificant) and we will cut them lose like a bad fish. The Chinese can have a billion gallons of suntan lotion and Ayers Rock.

Europe is a bit different. Putin on their North and us on their West and South. Would the US protect them. Not likely. Trump will start disarming as soon as he wins. It might not work as the Senate might stop him but I doubt it. Dangerous as he is now he will be far more politically dangerous as a lame duck president because he will be able to appoint his successor for all intent and purpose. So can Europe defend itself? No. Never has been able to in the past. Does it have the will to tax for and build a two front military that can stymie the US and Russia? Not likely. And since it will be opposed by two oligarchies why not just join the game? Those who matter will enrich themselves and the rest of us? We all saw Hunger Games.
By Beren
Drlee wrote:The only thing that will be decided by this election is that we will drop any pretense that we are a democracy. The oligarchy will prevail and the rest of us will just settle down to bread and circuses. We will all watch Keeping up with the Kardashians until the environment blows up. Barr will prosecute all of Trump's political foes on one made up charge or another and will will be something that the world has not seen since Rome. An extremely well armed nationalist/totalitarian government.

The republican party, my party, has decided against democracy long ago with its maniacal gerrymandering and more recent extreme and open voter suppression.

I guess I can take comfort in the fact that I am a relatively affluent white Christian American male so I stand to gain. In a way, from a personal standpoint, I can't lose this one.

That's a pretty good summary from a domestic point of view, from a foreign point of view it also will be decided if you return to the Paris (Climate) Agreement, the JCPOA (or Iran nuclear deal, which is supposed to be replaced with that historic peace bullshit between Israel and Gulf monarchies), and if how you'll sort out your relations to China. Maybe your relations to your allies, Europeans especially, will also be decided.
By ingliz
Doug64 wrote:The relevant clause is Article II, section 1, clause 3

Sorry but you are wrong there.

Paraphrasing Article II, Section 1, Clause 6 of the United States Constitution...

If it's tied up in the courts, Congress will declare what Officer shall act as President, and such Officer shall act accordingly, until a President shall be elected.

By Rancid
Drlee wrote:I am warming to Trump anyway. It is becoming clearer and clearer that the Democrats don't give a rats ass about the middle class, whites or those with a moderate bent. They are all-in with their amalgam of disenfranchised voters and minorities. In some weird way Trump with his complete lack of a moral center more represents the majority of Americans than Biden does. This should not be the case but if is becoming the case. A Trump win will be the American night of the long knives. All of his dissenters will face the Justice Department. He will be unconstrained by any notion of keeping his coalition together. There will be at least two more even more conservative judges on the Supreme Court and the future will be set. Abortion will go back underground. Gerrymandering will be out of control. On and on.

I would not actually be surprised if there was not a move by the west coast to leave the union. I also believe that it is possible that the republicans will let them. Because these former states would be leftish they would not take their nukes with them and there you have it.

Sounds pretty over the top at first but it is all easily within the realm of possibility.

The Europeans and Australians who are devilishly enjoying this show had better rethink their position. The folks from OZ will instantly become a vassal state of China because there will be no incentive for the US to do squat about them. We have protected them for decades as a hedge against China and because we like them. Take the money incentive out of it (and the Australian market is insignificant) and we will cut them lose like a bad fish. The Chinese can have a billion gallons of suntan lotion and Ayers Rock.

Europe is a bit different. Putin on their North and us on their West and South. Would the US protect them. Not likely. Trump will start disarming as soon as he wins. It might not work as the Senate might stop him but I doubt it. Dangerous as he is now he will be far more politically dangerous as a lame duck president because he will be able to appoint his successor for all intent and purpose. So can Europe defend itself? No. Never has been able to in the past. Does it have the will to tax for and build a two front military that can stymie the US and Russia? Not likely. And since it will be opposed by two oligarchies why not just join the game? Those who matter will enrich themselves and the rest of us? We all saw Hunger Games.

Maybe, but the one thing that could prevent all of that is corporate America. America breaking up in that manner would likely be bad for business.
By Drlee
Maybe, but the one thing that could prevent all of that is corporate America. America breaking up in that manner would likely be bad for business.

True. And we conservatives would have nothing to lose by squashing opposition in blue states.

At the end of the day, who cares if Trump gets credit for universal health care as long as we get it.

It will be fun to see what happens when Trump no longer needs to raise money.
By Patrickov
Rancid wrote:She knows I worship money above all.

Which, I guess, is probably the reason she decides to start a happy family with you in the first place.
By Patrickov
Drlee wrote:... the folks from OZ will instantly become a vassal state of China ...

While many of my associates (a surprisingly high portion of them have Australian passports!) suspect the above to happen, I strongly believe a significant of Australians are like Member @colliric will fight fiercely against this from coming true, as if their very lives are under threat.

And seriously, why would China be possible to have a vassal state down there when they cannot even gain trust from most of its neighbours?
By Rancid
Beren wrote:So she knows you're a Liberal. :lol:

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooo team liberal!

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]

Lies. Did you have difficulty understanding t[…]

Al Quds day was literally invented by the Ayatolla[…]

Yes Chomsky - the Pepsi-Cola professor of Linguis[…]