Election 2020 - Page 66 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Patrickov
#15069220
jimjam wrote:TRUMP NAMES NEW AMBASSADOR TO WUHAN, CHINA

(Image of Mitt Romney)



I know it is a satire, but I do not understand why this satire is done, and I do not find it funny or meaningful.
User avatar
By jimjam
#15069224
Patrickov wrote:I know it is a satire, but I do not understand why this satire is done, and I do not find it funny or meaningful.

It is, to my mind, a commentary to the absurdity of American politics and how abnormally serious people are. It is mass mental illness. In the meantime ….. lighten up Jack and try to take life with a grain of salt.
By Patrickov
#15069228
jimjam wrote:It is, to my mind, a commentary to the absurdity of American politics and how abnormally serious people are. It is mass mental illness.


I disagree. People should be more serious, but at the same time they should also accompany it with appropriate actions.

Start by economically cripple the ones they think responsible for their peril maybe? If Hong Kong can do it to the CCP, and the Republican supporters are apparently as arrogant as CCP supporters, why the anti-Republicans cannot do it on them in our way is a mystery.
User avatar
By jimjam
#15069326
You can harangue Bernie and his supporters all you want but he speaks for a large part of the population and it’s been too long since they had a spokesperson. That’s why he’s ahead in the polls. Plain and simple.

I am starting to feel bad for those who don't see that Bernie is going to win and that Bernie will beat Trump. The mainstream media is out of touch with reality because it is commercial news and so it must avoid that which would alienate its sponsors. But as America moves away from the full embrace of a corporate state, those who know of no other kind of world find it frightening and confusing. We have to give them time to catch up with the turning tide. So glad to see all those who care about the environment , the future and the marginalized populations finally having a winning champion.

Let's say Bernie gets the nod. Fast forward to the presidential debate with Donald pulling the same cheap shot that he pulled with Clinton: pacing back and forth and glaring behind Bernie as he speaks. I suspect that, rather than pretending Fatso was not out of order as Clinton did, Bernie will turn around and tell the Fat Man to get back behind his lectern where he belongs :lol: .
By late
#15069583
jimjam wrote:
Election 2020: Predatory Capitalism vs. Socialism.



Predators versus Progressives.
User avatar
By Drlee
#15069613
@jimjam You can harangue Bernie and his supporters all you want but he speaks for a large part of the population and it’s been too long since they had a spokesperson. That’s why he’s ahead in the polls. Plain and simple.


True.

The irony is that he is ahead for the same reason Trump was elected. There are just a great many people who feel so disenfranchised that they simply want to break something... And who can blame them? They are facing a future that does not offer anything like that of their grandfather.
User avatar
By Stormsmith
#15069643
The nearest person Americans have had to a socialist was FDR who was elected 4 times. Had he not died in office, who knows how long he'd have lasted.

In the post-WWII years, the world became far more progressive. America did not. This, I think was partly due to the Republicans fear of FDR who expressed a great fear and loathing of communism. The difference between socialism and communism is approximately the same as the difference between capitalism and fascism. Kids were exposed to propaganda by McCarthy. Todays young people were spared that. They're more curious, more positively disposed to socialism Socialism is merely a tool for managing finance.

The other part is the utter shuttering out of the rest of the world. I was shocked when I went into US book stores and libraries. Several cases of books on any one topic with 3 or 4 books from abroad. I believe the internet, and forums like *PoFo* has made a huge difference in your outlook.
User avatar
By Donna
#15069670
Sanders is taking heat in Florida for refusing to condemn the Cuban Revolution :excited:
User avatar
By Tainari88
#15069672
Donna wrote:Sanders is taking heat in Florida for refusing to condemn the Cuban Revolution :excited:

Who cares about those Cuban exile has-beens? There are enough pissed at Donald post Maria Puerto Ricans who have moved to Florida to neuter that Cuban rabid vote. Between Kissimmee and Orlando and other cities in Florida? All Puerto Ricans and not happy with the Right and the assholes who dropped the ball on the relief efforts? The Cuban exile voices will be knocked out.

What are they going to say now? Castro is dead and look at how well we treated Puerto Rico? Just let us take over and you won't have electricity and running water for a year and I will shut your schools down, and have a bunch of banks hold you hostage and never be out of debt? What the Cubans MISSED by not allowing the Yankee ones in eh?

Bernie is going to KICK ass in Puerto Rico if he wins and can implement that program to help us out!

Por favor, a otro pendejo con ese cuento chino. :lol:
User avatar
By Donna
#15069673
Tainari88 wrote:Who cares about those Cuban exile has-beens? There are enough pissed at Donald post Maria Puerto Ricans who have moved to Florida to neuter that Cuban rabid vote. Between Kissimmee and Orlando and other cities in Florida? All Puerto Ricans and not happy with the Right and the assholes who dropped the ball on the relief efforts? The Cuban exile voices will be knocked out.

What are they going to say now? Castro is dead and look at how well we treated Puerto Rico? Just let us take over and you won't have electricity and running water for a year and I will shut your schools down, and have a bunch of banks hold you hostage and never be out of debt? What the Cubans MISSED by not allowing the Yankee ones in eh?

Bernie is going to KICK ass in Puerto Rico if he wins and can implement that program to help us out!

Por favor, a otro pendejo con ese cuento chino. :lol:


Good to hear. The Cuban Revolution was a beautiful thing that inspired workers, Indigenous peoples and former slaves everywhere in the Americas. The 26th of July Movement proved that the socialist revolution could be brought to the empire's doorstep. La historia me absolverá, Comrade Fidel cried out. Absolved he shall be!
User avatar
By Tainari88
#15069701
colliric wrote:https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1231988271560962048?s=09



Bernie is already being called not-Jewish by the Zionist lobby.


There are Jews like Bernie who believe in a Palestinian right to be there group. Not all Jews are Netanyahu. The Left exists in the Jewish community if Ben Shapiro Right Wing man wants to contest it that is his problem. Not Bernie's.

Corbyn is part of the UK. Bernie is part of the US. It doesn't matter if the Right doesn't solve the problems of the working people they will continue to have a socialist response. Whether they like it or not colliric.
User avatar
By Tainari88
#15069702
Donna wrote:Good to hear. The Cuban Revolution was a beautiful thing that inspired workers, Indigenous peoples and former slaves everywhere in the Americas. The 26th of July Movement proved that the socialist revolution could be brought to the empire's doorstep. La historia me absolverá, Comrade Fidel cried out. Absolved he shall be!


Donna, I always ask the Cuban exiles who show up on PoFo? What should the Cuban people have done? Accept the American banks exploiting, Lucky Luciano, Batista dictatorship, do nothing, it is good and dandy.

Please.....they wanted a revolution where the rich retained their money, the guajiros kept on working the land for nothing in wage increases, some kind of cheap imitation of American style democracy? What did that get Puerto Rico in the present day 61 years after the Cuban Revolution? By being America's showcase colony in the Caribbean? NOWHERE. Damn American interfering idiots like usual, made some fake pro statehood party....people voting for an option that the Americans are not willing to grant to keep us being led by the nose about promises of prosperity and the American Dream Bullshit? It doesn't work!

What should the Cubans have done with those Americans who just said, "You can't rule your own nation. We have control." If they lose control? What would have Cuba looked like after the Bay of Pigs if it was successful? Puerto Rico? And that colonial disaster from hell?

No, the Cubans are not living with big bucks in the bank for sure. But they got their DIGNITY. They have EDUCATED people and they got FUTURES. Not drug wars, crime, opoiod pill popping and people dying like flies, working three jobs worried about end's meet. Or no running water running from the hills to find electricity and water that is potable. Shutting down clinics and hospitals and letting the dead pile up in the morgues....corrupt colonial boot licking horrors for conservative politicians from Puerto Rico making comments for 900 plus pages and getting their butts kicked out of office due to lack of ethics.

Castro Communists. We convince them with our Yankee wonders. Cubans we will make you all rich and middle class, malls in every corner, fast food chains in Havana, and capitalism at last. People with brand new appliances, brand new cars and air conditioning in every school. Like we do in Puerto Rico...the success story.

No one is buying that shit story. Not in Havana and not in San Juan.
User avatar
By maz
#15069707
colliric wrote:https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1231988271560962048?s=09

Bernie is already being called not-Jewish by the Zionist lobby.


Israel is interfering in our elections like they interfered in the British elections.
User avatar
By Wulfschilde
#15069708
If we Bernie bros and sisses double down on this Cuba thing we can show people what Cubans really think and turn Florida blue forever itll be glorious

Super tuesday here we come arooooo

also if they say its russia its really israel if its bernie otherwise its russia
User avatar
By jimjam
#15069709
Tainari88 wrote:No one is buying that shit story. Not in Havana and not in San Juan.


Image

I took this picture while in Havana in 2018. I doubt that this man and his son were suffering , in fact, while in Cuba I sensed a people who were at peace way more than I do when I am walking the streets of NYC. The sore losers in Miami I speculate were a part of the Gringo oppressor machine and are pissed off that they lost their position in the predatory capitalist set up.
User avatar
By Wulfschilde
#15069710
jimjam wrote:Image

I took this picture while in Havana in 2018. I doubt that this man and his son were suffering , in fact, while in Cuba I sensed a people who were at peace way more than I do when I am walking the streets of NYC. The sore losers in Miami I speculate were a part of the Gringo oppressor machine and are pissed off that they lost their position in the predatory capitalist set up.


i think the best way for us to win florida is to quintupple down on this Castro thing. If the latinx in Florida dont have a "wtf I love castro now" moment they will be considered white people when the reparations time comes. that should put them into line i know that I hate my Yakubian blood due to it having been a part of the gringoist oppressoion
User avatar
By Ter
#15069712
maz wrote:terfering in our elections like they interfered in the British elections


:lol: If Israel does not want Bernie to be President they should instead be repeating that Bernie is a Jew, a Jew, a Jew lol.
He will then lose the black vote and the Muslim vote :excited:
Just saying !
  • 1
  • 64
  • 65
  • 66
  • 67
  • 68
  • 121
Trump and Russiagate

No, he doesn't, show where he has called himself […]

@Hindsite The nation is burning and the only t[…]

@Atlantis @ingliz @Wellsy @Rugoz One coo[…]

I believe in facts. Truth is often subjective. Fa[…]