Election 2020 - Page 21 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
User avatar
By BigSteve
#15032389
Code Rood wrote:The United States doesn't benefit from all immigrants. That's a lie.


No, it's a difference of opinion, and I'm rather dismissive of yours...

Japanese? Sure, most of them seem like pretty good and hardworking people. Somalians? Clearly not.


Not in my experience.

We have some folks; Kenyans and Somalis, who emigrated here and started their own business, called the Coffee Growers Alliance. They asked for nothing but the chance to have a better life than they did in Africa. They've accomplished that, and they're very involved with the community. Everything they have (and they're doing quite well, by the way) is a result of their own hard work...

But the point is that you have to have a sense of a nation, whether the non-European immigrants are good or bad is not even really the issue. You can't just dump the whole world in one place and hope for the best.


Are you suggesting that anyone has said that? Because it would be pretty stupid to suggest that anyone's said that...

For one, a society that's unrecognizable compared to the one you grew up in as a child. It's a radical change.


I grew up on Long Island in New York. I go back every once in a while and, other than the way it's been built up over the last 40 years, it's pretty much the same. There's not been any radical chance...

So what? Discrimination will never go away. Now they discriminate against white Americans by diversifying jobs or their neighbourhoods for being too white. It's good and healthy to have one dominant identity and culture in place. That's much better than a confused society that can only be temporary kept together through mindless consumerism.


I see, so your position is based on your racist views.

Got it.

You're dismissed...
By Code Rood
#15032393
BigSteve wrote:Not in my experience.

We have some folks; Kenyans and Somalis, who emigrated here and started their own business, called the Coffee Growers Alliance. They asked for nothing but the chance to have a better life than they did in Africa. They've accomplished that, and they're very involved with the community. Everything they have (and they're doing quite well, by the way) is a result of their own hard work...


That's cute, but your little story doesn't refute the fact that the country has changed radically. Only a blind person [edit: rule 2 violation - Prosthetic Conscience] can't see it.

BigSteve wrote:Are you suggesting that anyone has said that? Because it would be pretty stupid to suggest that anyone's said that...


You know what I mean. Don't be silly.

BigSteve wrote:I grew up on Long Island in New York. I go back every once in a while and, other than the way it's been built up over the last 40 years, it's pretty much the same. There's not been any radical chance...


Nothing has happened and nothing is brewing. The USA and the western world as a whole are doing just great. The only problem is that those damn illegals don't come to the country legally. Just go ahead and ride your Harley and keep visiting the casino, boomer. You're completely out of touch and have no clue.

BigSteve wrote:I see, so your position is based on your racist views.

Got it.

You're dismissed...


And there you have it. The tough boomer ''nationalist'' screaming racist like a SJW girl. If logic and observing things is racist, then I'm a racist. That's fine by me.
User avatar
By BigSteve
#15032396
Code Rood wrote:That's cute, but your little story doesn't refute the fact that the country has changed radically. Only a blind person or a liar can't see it.


If you want to call me a liar, grow a set of balls and call me a liar. Otherwise you should probably reconsider.

Yes, the country have changed dramatically. We simply disagree on whether that's good or bad...

You know what I mean. Don't be silly.


So, you're saying you don't mean what you say?

Nothing has happened and nothing is brewing. The USA and the western world as a whole are doing just great.


We're hardly going to Hell in a handbasket...

The only problem is that those damn illegals don't come to the country legally.


Image

Just go ahead and ride your Harley and keep visiting the casino, boomer. You're completely out of touch and have no clue.


You're foolish...

And there you have it. The tough boomer ''nationalist'' screaming racist like a SJW girl.


Hey, it's not my fault you're acting like a racist. I disagree with plenty of folks here and have never called them racist.

And I'm about as far from a SJW as you're going to find. I simply have no problem calling out ignorant, nonsensical bullshit when I see it.

If logic and observing things is racist, then I'm a racist. That's fine by me.


I question whether you enjoy even a passing relationship with "logic".

You know, this would be a lot more enjoyable if you weren't so emotionally delicate...
By foxdemon
#15032441
Code Rood wrote:You don't really have a point. The world is not what it once was, genius. You're probably just some stubborn boomer who rides his Harley, still likes songs like ''Rock You Like A Hurricane'' and is simply incapable of walking in someone elses shoes. You don't really care what you're going to leave behind when you're gone, do you?

The Hart-Celler act has lead to alienation, low-trust and a mess. Bringing in people from around the world isn't logical and doesn't really make a country better. In fact, it has done the exact opposite.

It would make sense for a country that's majority European to bring in mainly European immigrants when needed as it once was, not immigrants from countries that many people probably have never even heard of before 9/11.



Is Europe only immigration relevant in this day and age?


Think about it this way: Europeans were superior in the 18th/19th centuries as the ancient Hellenes were superior in the 5th/4th centuries BC. But the culture of the Hellens spread and was adopted by Macedonians, Romans, etc. By the 3rd century BC, most people’s were basically Hellenised and just as culturally advanced as the Greeks.

This same process of one cultural group innovating ahead of the rest but the rest gradually adopting the advanced culture and catching up, is what occurred through out the 20th century. While 100 years ago an argument could be made for European exclusive immigration to America, what sense does such a policy make in today’s world where people from most countries have a comparable rational and scientific education, with all the views that go along with that?

Certainly there are some regions still lagging behind. Somalia being an example. But even in that case there is still a discernible desire for modernity. EG: Ayaan Hirsi Ali. So restricting immigration on the basis of race doesn’t make sense in the 21st century.

I agree with @BigSteve that the state has a right to control the boarders and that immigration must be regulated. Those that advocate open boarders have no regard for America and one must ask if those people should have a right of residency. Of course that applies to leftie commies calling for “no borders, no wall, no USA at all” as much as to illegal immigrants.

As to the low trust society concept, I would suggest this has more to do with several decades of the TV culture and now the internet culture, which has replaced person to person social activities.
By Hindsite
#15032506
foxdemon wrote:I agree with @BigSteve that the state has a right to control the boarders and that immigration must be regulated. Those that advocate open boarders have no regard for America and one must ask if those people should have a right of residency. Of course that applies to leftie commies calling for “no borders, no wall, no USA at all” as much as to illegal immigrants.

I also agree.
HalleluYah
By Code Rood
#15032564
BigSteve wrote:Yes, the country have changed dramatically. We simply disagree on whether that's good or bad...


The future of the USA is going to be people that often don't even understand or care about the Bill of Rights. Heck, a lot of them don't even speak (proper) English. The only thing they understand about the USA is that they can buy a lot of stuff and that whitey is evil.

It's usually the boomers that still can't stop talking about how many guns they own, but unfortunately that hasn't protected the country from degradation. So since you're so colorblind and politically correct, maybe you'll understand where I'm coming from if I hit you from this angle; They talk about red flag laws (even your boy Trump does it) and are framing white men as dangerous terrorists now. Where do you think that's going to lead, as the white population starts to dwindle more and more?

BigSteve wrote:We're hardly going to Hell in a handbasket...


A country that's trillions in debt and a society that's way too diverse (and thus divisive) is not a pretty combination. A major crisis isn't far away. Only a fool doesn't prepare for the worst after taking a good look at how insane society has become.

BigSteve wrote:Hey, it's not my fault you're acting like a racist. I disagree with plenty of folks here and have never called them racist.


Dude, I don't really care if you want to act all holier than thou by calling me a racist for observing things. You aren't the first to call me that buzzword, and you won't be the last.
Last edited by Code Rood on 08 Sep 2019 12:44, edited 1 time in total.
By Code Rood
#15032574
foxdemon wrote:As to the low trust society concept, I would suggest this has more to do with several decades of the TV culture and now the internet culture, which has replaced person to person social activities.


Yes, that's clearly part of it. But let's be honest. What do Dutch people and Somalian people have in common besides the fact that they bleed red? What do German people and Iraqi people have in common besides the fact that they have to breath in and out to stay alive?

And how is a country like the USA not marching towards destruction when it's way too diverse (and thus divisive) and trillions in debt?

Only mindless consumerism can keep this thing temporary together. People will eat each other alive when things go south. They already can't stand one another when things are still somewhat comfortable. No one really cares about the next person, because there's no sense of a nation and a community. People from different backgrounds are just thrown together and we simply hope for the best. This is nothing but a dangerous experiment and bad entertainment for the elite. How does the corrupt elite make a society less threatening? You introduce more diversity. You can even make it up as you go along, just think of all the new genders that the public now knows about and has to pretend to understand.
User avatar
By BigSteve
#15032575
Code Rood wrote:The future of the USA is going to be people that often don't even understand or care about the Bill of Rights. Heck, a lot of them don't even speak (propper) English. The only thing they understand about the USA is that they can buy a lot of stuff and that whitey is evil.


I swear to God, it's like shooting fish in a barrel around here sometimes...
By Code Rood
#15032578
BigSteve wrote:I swear to God, it's like shooting fish in a barrel around here sometimes...


Don't worry, I already fixed it before you opened your mouth. I knew you would be that childish.
User avatar
By BigSteve
#15032581
Code Rood wrote:Don't worry, I already fixed it before you opened your mouth. I knew you would be that childish.


Spin it anyway you want, Chief. If you're going to criticize someone's command of the English language, you should probably have your shit straight before you do...
By Code Rood
#15032585
BigSteve wrote:Spin it anyway you want, Chief. If you're going to criticize someone's command of the English language, you should probably have your shit straight before you do...


Do you have anything else to say before you take your boomer arse outside to mow the lawn, or are we done here?
User avatar
By Drlee
#15032599
The future of the USA is going to be people that often don't even understand or care about the Bill of Rights.


Really? What is your evidence for this? The next election will be all about the bill of rights. It is at the heart of all of our political discourse, save the budget and it plays some role in that. Perhaps you do not understand what the bill of rights actually means. Don't be dismayed that you do not. It is the subject of debate by the finest legal minds of our or any time in American history.

Heck, a lot of them don't even speak (proper) English.


A great many American heroes did not speak proper English when they arrived here. Einstein. Von Braun, Levi Strauss. Madeline Albright, Henry Kissinger, Joseph Pulitzer, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Isabel Allende...I could go on forever. But you don't have to be famous to matter. They guys who take care of my house are important to me. The people who take care of my hotel room, the doctor who I will work with this morning at the homeless clinic, the guys who just installed my new air conditioner, on and on, may have learned or be in the process of learning English but they are important to me. If I move to Italy (and I am considering it) my Italian will suck probably for as long as I live but I will do something to make myself useful. Maybe teach English or volunteer in Public Health.

The only thing they understand about the USA is that they can buy a lot of stuff and that whitey is evil.


Do you for a moment think that the people who come her from, for example, Guatemala leave everything behind, take their families across an entire country( mostly lawless toward migrants) sneak into the US, live in poverty and fear to find a minimum wage job because they want to "buy a lot of stuff" and hate the people they risk their lives to live with? Grow up.

I
t's usually the boomers that still can't stop talking about how many guns they own, but unfortunately that hasn't protected the country from degradation.


What degradation? Start there. What do you believe the private ownership of guns is all about? I don't keep them to "protect the country from degradation" whatever that is supposed to mean. I keep them because I enjoy shooting them and for the very rare instance when I might feel threatened. Guns don't enforce morality.

But you have taken shots at boomers a few times. First of all son, I don't think you know who boomers even are but here is some few things they have done. Lets start with inventing the computer you are talking to us on and the internet that is carrying your message and that has so profoundly changed the world that we have yet to figure out just how and how much. We are responsible for "more" equal rights for women, minorities and the disabled. We have constructed a university system that is the envy of the world. We turned the scientific world on its ear many times over. We have maintained the US as the only military superpower in the world and stopped the Soviet Union in its tracks. We established the environmental protection agency and, despite the temporary inconvenience of Trump, will still leave the country cleaner than we found it. We are rich, educated, engaged and still running the show well into our 70's and 80's. I only hope your generation does as well. (Though I will tell you that we may be the last or next to the last generation to actually be required to work.)

So since you're so colorblind and politically correct, maybe you'll understand where I'm coming from if I hit you from this angle; They talk about red flag laws (even your boy Trump does it) and are framing white men as dangerous terrorists now.


What a load of shit. Do you actually believe that red flag laws target whites? The very idea is laughable.


Where do you think that's going to lead, as the white population starts to dwindle more and more?


You mean with all of these immigrants trying very hard to live and behave like "white people"? Oh, I don't know. Different shades in the cosmetic aisle maybe?

BigSteve wrote:
We're hardly going to Hell in a handbasket...


Correct.

...a society that's way too diverse (and thus divisive) is not a pretty combination.


Where is your evidence that our diversity is "divisive"? If you mean that American citizens who are black, Hispanic or Asian want the equal rights that the bill of rights says they should have is somehow divisive then I would say that the results of this struggle will make us stronger, richer and more free not tear us apart.

Fun Fact and really think about this: There is far more diversity in the white community than there is in the minority community. Don't believe me? Put an Assembly of God fundamentalist in the same room with an Episcopalian and see what happens. Maybe a surfer from California and an Arizona Cowboy? A New York conservative Jew and a Georgia cracker? Diversity is not only about skin color. We have been a magnificently diverse country for as long as we have been a country. You are simply blinded by your racism.

A major crisis isn't far away. Only a fool doesn't prepare for the worst after taking a good look at how insane society has become.


I have lived 7 decades. If you think today is an "insane society" it is only because you did not live through the 60's. Or little disagreements are a joke compared to the changes we underwent in the 60's and 70's. You are just too young to remember them. Yet you are a product of some of them.

Dude, I don't really care if you want to act all holier than thou by calling me a racist for observing things. You aren't the first to call me that buzzword, and you won't be the last.


God I hope not. I hope people of good conscious call you a racist until you grow up and see the error of your ways.
By foxdemon
#15032676
Code Rood wrote:Yes, that's clearly part of it. But let's be honest. What do Dutch people and Somalian people have in common besides the fact that they bleed red? What do German people and Iraqi people have in common besides the fact that they have to breath in and out to stay alive?

And how is a country like the USA not marching towards destruction when it's way too diverse (and thus divisive) and trillions in debt?

Only mindless consumerism can keep this thing temporary together. People will eat each other alive when things go south. They already can't stand one another when things are still somewhat comfortable. No one really cares about the next person, because there's no sense of a nation and a community. People from different backgrounds are just thrown together and we simply hope for the best. This is nothing but a dangerous experiment and bad entertainment for the elite. How does the corrupt elite make a society less threatening? You introduce more diversity. You can even make it up as you go along, just think of all the new genders that the public now knows about and has to pretend to understand.



There are plenty of examples of people who are of the same broad ethnic background who fight. There is a long history of Catholics and Protestants fighting, quite savagely at times. For example the wars of the reformation. Both groups were European and both were Christian, but they believed their differences in belief were irreconcilable.

Sunnis and Shia are another example. Both Muslim but still able to fight savagely over their different interpretations of the belief.

What about the American civil war?

Just because people are from the same background doesn’t mean they will get along. A good contemporary example is western progressives who take a position that is detrimental to conservative positions and then refuse to entertain any notion of compromise. Then conservatives are forced to take a hardline when no opportunity for dialogue exists. The two sides will spiral into conflict. In fact, that is exactly what we are seeing in the West today.

Regarding non European immigrants, they will take one side or the other if there is no common ground. The polarisation is already present. Banning non European immigrants or kicking them out, won’t change anything. The real problem is the West is going through one of it’s progressive idealist phases. Idealism is ok up to a point, but can become fanaticism when those ideal beliefs become too strong. When someone is completely convinced they are correct in the moral righteousness of their beliefs, they can justify any action, no matter how heinous.

What Westerners, and I have many journalists and politicians in mind here, really need today is the humility to reflect on their beliefs and the courage to admit their beliefs may be flawed. It is the lack of this personal virtual that is driving the polarisation of beliefs that you seem to have become caught up in.

I think you need to leave the subject of diversity alone and focus on something else. We do have a choice of what thoughts we let into our head and it is those thoughts we choose that create our emotional state.


Take some time off and let someone else worry about the world for awhile.
By Code Rood
#15032689
foxdemon wrote:There are plenty of examples of people who are of the same broad ethnic background who fight. There is a long history of Catholics and Protestants fighting, quite savagely at times. For example the wars of the reformation. Both groups were European and both were Christian, but they believed their differences in belief were irreconcilable.

Sunnis and Shia are another example. Both Muslim but still able to fight savagely over their different interpretations of the belief.

What about the American civil war?


You basically prove my point and you don't even see it. If there's bad blood between two religious groups from the same ethnic background, what do you think is going to happen in a society with even more diversity where people have next to nothing in common? A boomer can sit comfortably in his house and call me a racist on the internet, just because they know a nice Somali or whatever. That's all great, but it doesn't mean anything to me. It's all empty talk.

I look at the bigger picture here. People are going to eat each other alive when the comfortable and artificial life falls away.

It's the main reason why I live far away from the big cities, because I know what's coming. The bubble is going to burst everywhere in the West and people aren't prepared for it. The USA is trillions in debt. What do you think is going to happen? It's going to be chaos, and people - even the smartass intellectuals among us - will have to admit that the slogan ''diversity is our strength'' is nothing more than a lie.

You're going to see humans being their true self when life isn't so comfortable anymore. The powers that be keeps pushing for more diversity, because it's strengthening them. Not us. They know what's going to happen, and they have their solutions written down and ready. It's all planned.

In short, we're completely screwed. Get ready for a very bumpy ride.

foxdemon wrote:I think you need to leave the subject of diversity alone and focus on something else. We do have a choice of what thoughts we let into our head and it is those thoughts we choose that create our emotional state.


Take some time off and let someone else worry about the world for awhile.


How can you ignore something that's basically being enforced and you're being confronted by every single day? People have no clue what kind of monster they've created. In my opinion things are already pretty bad all over the western world, but people better pray that the US economy doesn't crash.

Unfortunately for you and everyone else your prayers won't be answered, because the crash is inevitable. And it's going to hit hard.
By foxdemon
#15032713
Code Rood wrote:You basically prove my point and you don't even see it. If there's bad blood between two religious groups from the same ethnic background, what do you think is going to happen in a society with even more diversity where people have next to nothing in common? A boomer can sit comfortable in his house and call me a racist on the internet, just because they know a nice Somali or whatever. That's all great, but it doesn't mean anything to me. It's all empty talk.

I look at the bigger picture here. People are going to eat each other alive when the comfortable and artificial life falls away.



Sure, people on the internet can call you a racist. The ideas you are expressing are racist, after all. But you don’t have to be racist. We can make choices.

The way I see it is that most of the people who’s politic beliefs are prejudiced against me are white. Though there are many non whites associated with them, there are also many non whites who hold similar values to me. Why should I discriminate on the basis of race when the main protagonists are the same race while many allies are of other races?


Bear in mind that it is all about power. The white progressives are using the politics of race to marginalise other whites (and non whites who don’t agree with progressives) from political representation. You can imagine it like a Spanish bull fight.

The bull is you, the minorities are the red flag the matador waves in front of you and the progressives are the matador. You are provoked into charging the red flag minorities by being enraged by double standards while being accused of moral fault (eg: accusations of racism) and being put down. So you charge the red flag in rage. But the matador then stabs you in the flank as you charge past. This is repeated until you are weaken and fall.

So wouldn’t the sensible bull try to avoid the matador taking control of the bull’s emotions by not allowing the matador to get him enraged?

This is why I think you need to give politics a rest for awhile. Do peaceful stuff and regain your emotional balance.

It's the main reason why I live far away from the big cities, because I know what's coming. The bubble is going to burst everywhere in the West and people aren't prepared for it. The USA is trillions in debt. What do you think is going to happen? It's going to be chaos, and people - even the smartass intellectuals among us - will have to admit that the slogan ''diversity is our strength'' is nothing more than a lie.

You're going to see humans being their true self when life isn't so comfortable anymore. The powers that be keeps pushing for more diversity, because it's strengthening them. Not us. They know what's going to happen, and they have their solutions written down and ready. It's all planned.

In short, we're completely screwed. Get ready for a very bumpy ride.


I’m glad to hear you live away from cities. The US debt might be a problem. If interest rates are below inflation, then a sensible government could use the opportunity to invest in new basic infrastructure which helps to generate wealth in future. That is because the loans are gaining money in that financial environment. So investments make sense. As to whether the current government can do that is debatable because the demos seem only capable of obstruction.


How can you ignore something that's basically being enforced and you're being confronted by every single day? People have no clue what kind of monster they've created. In my opinion things are already pretty bad all over the western world, but people better pray that the US economy doesn't crash.

Unfortunately for you and everyone else your prayers won't be answered, because the crash is inevitable. And it's going to hit hard.



You need to take a more positive view of the future. History is full of interesting times. Yet things work themselves out eventually. Again, a nice break from worrying about the world’s problems will help you see things from a fresh perspective.
By Code Rood
#15032728
foxdemon wrote:Sure, people on the internet can call you a racist. The ideas you are expressing are racist, after all. But you don’t have to be racist. We can make choices.

The way I see it is that most of the people who’s politic beliefs are prejudiced against me are white. Though there are many non whites associated with them, there are also many non whites who hold similar values to me. Why should I discriminate on the basis of race when the main protagonists are the same race while many allies are of other races?


I assume you're a conservative?

I'm at the point where I don't see much difference between mainstream liberals and mainstream conservatives, so what you are saying here is kind of meaningless. The conservatives of today are pretty much the liberals of 10 years ago. You all preach the same message in regards to things like diversity, and are blinded by its dangers. It's the holy grail for you.

foxdemon wrote:Bear in mind that it is all about power. The white progressives are using the politics of race to marginalise other whites (and non whites who don’t agree with progressives) from political representation. You can imagine it like a Spanish bull fight.

The bull is you, the minorities are the red flag the matador waves in front of you and the progressives are the matador. You are provoked into charging the red flag minorities by being enraged by double standards while being accused of moral fault (eg: accusations of racism) and being put down. So you charge the red flag in rage. But the matador then stabs you in the flank as you charge past. This is repeated until you are weaken and fall.

So wouldn’t the sensible bull try to avoid the matador taking control of the bull’s emotions by not allowing the matador to get him enraged?


You don't have to tell me this. They want to trigger something out of it to gain more control, which is why they keep pushing for more and more diversity (because a stable and more homogeneous society is more threatening to them) and do things like framing white men as dangerous terrorists.

I know where they want to take us. 9/11 has shown us this. They robbed the people of freedoms in the name of protection and safety as they waged war in the middle-east and imported muslims to the country. And now the elite claims those same very muslims face Islamophobia and white supremacy, after they bombed countries into oblivion that didn't even had a thing to do with 9/11. And they are allies with an Islamic country (Saudi Arabia) that did have a hand in it. Insanity. Nothing makes sense in this world anymore.

foxdemon wrote:The US debt might be a problem.


Might be a problem? :lol:

foxdemon wrote:You need to take a more positive view of the future. History is full of interesting times. Yet things work themselves out eventually. Again, a nice break from worrying about the world’s problems will help you see things from a fresh perspective.


My comments may seem a little harsh and spicy to some, but I'm fine.
User avatar
By BigSteve
#15032752
Code Rood wrote:Do you have anything else to say before you take your boomer arse outside to mow the lawn, or are we done here?


I went out on my boat today. It was a glorious day here in northeastern Florida.

And I have someone who does my lawn. I haven't mowed a blade of grass in over 20 years.

My apologies for pointing out your (blatantly obvious) failing in that last post. In all honesty, it's actually more fun for me if you don't make it so fucking easy...
User avatar
By Drlee
#15032882
Yes, boomers are totally awesome. They clearly are the most selfless generation to ever step foot on this planet. They aren't going to leave the younger generations behind in a big bowl of shit.


Oh are you the little injured snowflake. Well snowflake, here is a lesson in life 101. Clearly you haven't gotten there yet. I will assume you are an American but if you aren't just suck it up.

What we are leaving you is the richest and most powerful country on the planet. We are leaving you a more resilient economy than ever before. We are leaving you a debt alright but one that is completely manageable. (When you take econ 101 in school you will learn why. If you want a quick explanation I suggest that you search this forum and see @blackjack21 excellent comments on it. Or ask @JohnRawls to 'splain it to you.

Take a nap, old man.


Sorry son. I am still working. No time for a nap. I am earning an income you should probably hope to earn someday if you can learn to keep your mouth shut and your ears open.

Know when to step aside.


If you are who I am supposed to turn everything over to I have a quick answer. Not yet.


You don't have it anymore and you don't care anymore.


On the contrary. I have a whole lot of it if what you mean is motivation, money and education. Throw in a little political influence and that's about it.

You have no clue what's going on around you, because you live in your own bubble.


We boomers are not a group. We are probably far more diverse in opinion than your generation is. But then you see we invented your generation.

People of my generation won't have a decent future thanks to boomer bullshit, but you probably don't have it in you to admit this.


You need to grow up and learn how life works. Here are the bullet points.

1. It is not my job to hand you the world in a neat package tied up with a ribbon. I didn't get the world that way and you won't either. You need to get off your mommies tit, stop whining like a bitch and go to work. You want it different? Change it. The only think stopping you is you.

2. The world you live in when you are my age will be one of your own inventing. My father would not recognize today's world and, if I popped back in in another 50 years I doubt I would recognize yours.

3. You are going to face some serious shit. You need to stop looking for someone to blame and get busy preparing yourself mentally, educationally and physically for the challenges. I could bitch about how the WWII generation left the world for us....filled with racism, sexism, filthy beyond belief (pollution was infinitely worse) putting gay folks in jail, facing a world-ending nuclear holocaust with an unstable superpower, disease ridden and so much more. We went a long way to fixing this shit. And the job is far from over. Sorry to disappoint you. If you were my age and black you could tell us about not being allowed to use the white drinking fountain and how you would go to the back of the restaurant to get your food to eat outside. If you were a woman you could tell us about how you were fired for telling the boss you were thinking about having a child. If you were gay you could tell us about your 20 year prison sentence for sodomy. If you lived in LA you could tell us about how your eyes burned from smog every morning on the way to work.

But you see little man, you aren't any of those things. But I work with amazing people of your generation every day. Just yesterday I had a group of 8 students in the clinic working with the homeless. They were wonderful, empowered, concerned and committed to making the world better. They did not stare at me and ask, "how could you let this happen"? They just rolled up their sleeves and said, "where do we start"? If you get over your arrogant whining maybe some day you can be like them. I suspect you won't. I suspect that instead of getting ready for life's challenges you will spend the day playing a video game and trying to think up a pithy response to this post.

So here is the short summary. Suck it up snowflake. Stop blaming me and get to work. Get busy or the world will happily roll right over you. Always has and always will.
User avatar
By BigSteve
#15032893
@Code Rood

People of my generation won't have a decent future thanks to boomer bullshit, but you probably don't have it in you to admit this.


It's not my generation's responsibility to make sure you have a decent future. Get off your ass, get a job, move out of Mom's basement and earn what you think you should have.

If your future sucks, it's your fault and no one else's...
Last edited by BigSteve on 09 Sep 2019 17:06, edited 1 time in total.
  • 1
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 119

At this point there is nobody who would not welc[…]

"Down with the pig system." -Ulrike Mei[…]

@Spider-Man Ah yes, the tale of Pinocchio, from […]

There, fixed that for you. Even twitter doesn't […]