Cops are the most fragile snowflakes in the world thread - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#14992436
Libertarian353 wrote:Cool so you can literally be arrested for being rude to a cop, mmm love that mcfreedom.

Why would you be rude to a police officer ?
He is there to help you if you are in danger.
And remember, he is the one in possession of a fire arm, a taser, and hand cuffs.
I think many people forget that and land into trouble (or worse).

You think you can get away with being insulting to a police man in, let's say, Jamaica ?
#14992445
Libertarian353 wrote:https://i.imgur.com/sw8hUEs.gifv



Cool so you can literally be arrested for being rude to a cop, mmm love that mcfreedom.



:lol: :lol: :lol:

It is rare to see so much stupidity, arrogance, psychopathy and sociopathy all at the same time and by so many police "men" at the same time.
#14992448
There is no excuse for police to act in that manner. It's shit, and they're shit.

This makes all police officers look bad. Every one of those asshole deserves to have criminal charges pressed against them. Assault, for one.

@Ter The policeman assault him, by knocking his phone away, and THEN gave him the finger, before the victim responded, in kind. The police are at entirely fault for this incident.

Ter wrote:You think you can get away with being insulting to a police man in, let's say, Jamaica ?
False equivalency argument? :roll:

"I'll be you couldn't be rude to cops in DPRK!" :lol:
#14992452
I noticed they're wearing yellow vests. Maybe they are fake protesters who misbehave in an attempt to rob legitimacy from larger movements and they forgot that they were acting as cops at that moment.
#14992454
Ter wrote:Why would you be rude to a police officer ?
He is there to help you if you are in danger.
And remember, he is the one in possession of a fire arm, a taser, and hand cuffs.
I think many people forget that and land into trouble (or worse).

You think you can get away with being insulting to a police man in, let's say, Jamaica ?


While it would be prudent to hold certain assessments until you have a good understanding of what happened. I don’t think even this short clip leaves much room to a possible misunderstanding or to a possible altercation occurring prior to the video. No matter how verbally abusive or irrespectful anyone is, this is no reason to escalate the situation into a violent brawl, specially if you have the higher physical power (e.g. police with weapons/armor/etc).

Unfortunately, doctors/nurses in the ER get physically assaulted far more commonly than post people even imagine. Although I do not work in the ER too much, I have still witnessed a few of these and I have never seen a healtcare personal escalate or even reciprocate when such altercation do occur. These are people that did not knowingly choose a profession that is understood to have this kind of danger, nor did they ever receive any training what so ever for de-escalation. So why is that, when it comes to police, who did choose this profession that is understood to have this problem, and supposedly do receive training, it is so hard for them to act in a prudent way?

It is my view that police should never NEVER start a fight. And it is also my views, that with very extremely rare cases police should NEVER be the first one firing a shot. And I do understand this brings risk to the profession... suck it up, if you cannot handle said risk, get a job in an office.
#14992704
Libertarian353 wrote:Cool so you can literally be arrested for being rude to a cop, mmm love that mcfreedom.

Yes. You can. It's called disorderly conduct.

Ter wrote:You think you can get away with being insulting to a police man in, let's say, Jamaica ?

Or East Africa?






noemon wrote:It is rare to see so much stupidity, arrogance, psychopathy and sociopathy all at the same time and by so many police "men" at the same time.

Perhaps you should tour a bit more of the world. It might open your eyes.

Godstud wrote:This makes all police officers look bad. Every one of those asshole deserves to have criminal charges pressed against them. Assault, for one.

Police use force, so they don't get charged with assault. They get charged with excessive use of force.


Godstud wrote:The policeman assault him, by knocking his phone away, and THEN gave him the finger, before the victim responded, in kind.

The video omits events leading up to the arrest and doesn't have audio. I have no doubt that they would be able to sustain a prosecution for disorderly conduct.

XogGyux wrote:Unfortunately, doctors/nurses in the ER get physically assaulted far more commonly than post people even imagine. Although I do not work in the ER too much, I have still witnessed a few of these and I have never seen a healtcare personal escalate or even reciprocate when such altercation do occur.

You get physically assaulted by police? That's a new one on me.

XogGyux wrote:So why is that, when it comes to police, who did choose this profession that is understood to have this problem, and supposedly do receive training, it is so hard for them to act in a prudent way?

Crowd control usually involves apprehending provocateurs.
#14992708
blackjack21 wrote:You get physically assaulted by police? That's a new one on me.

I didn’t say I do. In fact I clearly stated that I don’t work directly in the ED so my exposure is to this is much much lower as by the time ED give me these aggressive patients they are medicated/sedated. But my ED colleagues have in fact experienced this and I have also witnessed a few times myself. Also I didn’t say police either. I thought it was quite obvious it was by patients (usually under alcohol or drug influence or they have some sort of baseline psychiatric disorder, sometimes they are just assholes). I thought this would be quite clear by the context but clarified it for you since you need special accommodations.

Crowd control usually involves apprehending provocateurs.

And since when “apprehending provocateurs” involves knocking someone’s phone to the floor and showing the middle finger? You would have a point if the guy was throwing rocks or lighting fires or something, but filming on his phone behind the barrier is not being a “provocateur”.
#14992713
@blackjack21 Freedom of speech is protected under the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, so non-threatening verbal "abuse" of a police officer is not in itself criminal behavior.
#14992718
blackjack21 wrote:Perhaps you should tour a bit more of the world. It might open your eyes.


It's a good thing you measure the US in comparison to Kenya, East Africa, Jamaica and Ethiopia, evidently that is the level on which you wish to exist.

Image
#14992721
If this happened in Greece, the cops would be in prison. In Greece a single person(just 1) died as a result of police violence in the past 20 years and every year there is a march and a national commemoration of the event. And the police man is of course in prison for life.
#14992801
:lol:

Cops all over are just as fragile with their egos. I am sure in Thailand you'd have a smaller less chance of being shot in the face, than in USA.

Thailand: I've seen a guy punch a cop. The guy was drunk. The cop told his friends to take the drunk guy home. The incident ended there.

As for the heads of state: Off-topic, and an attempt at a dishonest and childish diversion.
#14992831
XogGyux wrote:You would have a point if the guy was throwing rocks or lighting fires or something, but filming on his phone behind the barrier is not being a “provocateur”.

I think people should be able to video record the police too. They just need to keep their distance. The right to peaceably assemble is not a right to engage in disorderly conduct.

Godstud wrote:@blackjack21 Freedom of speech is protected under the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, so non-threatening verbal "abuse" of a police officer is not in itself criminal behavior.

When coupled with refusal to obey lawful orders, it can be construed as disorderly conduct.

noemon wrote:It's a good thing you measure the US in comparison to Kenya, East Africa, Jamaica and Ethiopia, evidently that is the level on which you wish to exist.

I am simply pointing out that people who come to the United States from such places and then complain about police brutality are generally insincere.

For example, Godstud loves bagging on US police officers, but never has anything to say about Thai police officers. Bangkok's Brutality against Protesters Unconstitutional

noemon wrote:If this happened in Greece, the cops would be in prison.







In America, if we do this to the homeless, we get arrested by the police. In Greece, the police do this to the homeless.

#14992835
Blackjack21 wrote:When coupled with refusal to obey lawful orders, it can be construed as disorderly conduct.
That all depends on what the police officer is ordering you to do, and if it is even lawful.

Asking a person not to video police officers, or take pictures, is NOT a lawful order.

The Democrat party is what the Republican party us[…]

Neither of those statements is racist. Ignoring a[…]

Atheism is Evil

My dog is an atheist. He rapes babies and feeds o[…]

Rape Culture

No, there's no "rape culture" in the we[…]