Trump talks "spying", "coup" and "treason"; Barr concurs; and the establishment panics! - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#14998833
Trump detractors on PoFo have a pretty poor track record on predictions regarding Trump. I am guessing that the next year and a half is going to be a rough one for his detractors. Trump is going to run against the establishment.

In the wake of the bust of the Mueller report, the tables are turning and those who instigated this investigation are themselves likely to face investigation, and perhaps prosecution if wrongdoing is found--which seems likely. Suddenly, the establishment is trying to ratchet up the spin that they were trying to protect the country. Legislators have called Barr's comments a "conspiracy theory," even though it is an established fact that the FBI furnished FISA applications to the FISC and also had an "informant" infiltrate the Trump campaign.

Trump urges inquiry into 'attempted coup' against him
Mr Trump described the investigation by former FBI director Robert Mueller as "an attempted coup".

Attorney General William Barr meanwhile said he believes US authorities did spy on the Trump campaign.

Trump always hits back. They threw everything they could at Trump. I'm guessing the other shoe is about to drop now.

Donald J Trump wrote:What I'm most interested in is getting started, hopefully the attorney general, he mentioned it yesterday.

He's doing a great job, getting started on going back to the origins of exactly where this all started.

Because this was an illegal witch hunt, and everybody knew it. And they knew it too. And they got caught. And what they did was treason.

The world's greatest counterpuncher has taken the hard hits the establishment had to offer. Now, the real fireworks are about to start.

Byron York: Barr is right, spying on Trump campaign did occur
Barr "must retract his statement immediately or produce specific evidence to back it up," Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said. "Perpetuating conspiracy theories is beneath the office of the attorney general."

Barr has gone "off the rails," said House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

"The attorney general must retract his unfounded, irresponsible claim," said Democratic Sen. Richard Blumenthal.

As funny as it is to watch, it is absolutely astonishing that people who have absolutely no factual foundation for a Russia-Trump collusion conspiracy can say such a thing to an Attorney General who has signed and sworn statements submitted in a FISA application to the FISC court. There is simply no question that they infiltrated the Trump campaign. There is no question that they used a dossier financed by the Hillary Clinton campaign as the basis for their activity.

Focus on the Leaking, Not Just the Spying
Attorney General William Barr thinks that U.S. intelligence agencies spied on Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign, he told the Senate Judiciary Committee Wednesday. And as Bloomberg News reported Tuesday, he has assembled a team to review the matter.

He does not know if the spying was improper, Barr emphasized. “The question is whether it was adequately predicated,” he said. He later clarified that he does not think the FBI itself is corrupt. Nonetheless, Barr said, “spying on a political campaign is a big deal.”

Bloomberg reports it straight.

The abuse of power here is what happened after Trump won the election. This is when the investigations themselves and other kinds of surveillance were disclosed to the press. Details about incoming National Security Adviser Michael Flynn’s conversations with the Russian ambassador during the presidential transition leaked. So did the FBI’s probe of Trump associates and their contacts with Russia, along with the existence of the surveillance warrant on Page himself.

{bold emphasis mine} This is where the problems start to arise. Once Trump won, the "insurance policy" kicked in and they started violating the law to leak to the press to undermine Trump from the beginning--which is consistent with what we learned from the retrieved texts from Page and Strzok among others.

Senator Benjamin Cardin, a Democrat from Maryland, actually received a packet of material marked “secret” from the State Department. The wider such intelligence is circulated, the easier it is to leak it.

Right. One of Obama's last executive orders was to broaden access to intelligence reports. It was a curious act in an outgoing presidency. It was likely meant to hide the actual leaker, but it betrays the conspiracy itself and leads it right back to Barack Obama himself. Obama will never be prosecuted for this, but his reputation will be completely destroyed. A number of people who did Obama's bidding will likely have their lives destroyed now.

One of Obama's lawyers is being offered up by the special counsel, but I think this is just window dressing too.
Obama’s former White House counsel just got caught up in the Mueller probe

What's even more remarkable about this whole thing is that people like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity end up being the most credible on the subject, and they are essentially political hacks.

The President Should Keep Explaining the Spying Scandal
Rush Limbaugh wrote: They knew that we knew what was going on, but they were confident there was nothing we could do about it. They had Mueller. They had the FBI. They had Brennan. They had Clapper. They had the intelligence agencies. They had the establishment on their side.

And then Barr. They didn’t so much fumble as Barr stripped them of the ball.
...
He (Trump) used to the term “treason” again to describe the scam and the spying on him.
...
And you know what most of the press questions were about? The press is shouting questions in these things, and most of those questions were about negotiations with North Korea and South Korea.
...
They (the fake news) don’t want to talk about the spying! They don’t want to talk about the investigation. They don’t want to talk about what Barr may or may not do.
...
He (Caputo) said, “I was approached by a Russian national FBI informant in late May of 2016. He wanted to give me some dirt on Hillary, and I turned it down.” Caputo said this yesterday. So this is modified attempt at entrapment.
...
This is how close we came.

This is how close they came to pulling this off.

They weren’t searching for collusion. There wasn’t any. They were trying to create it!
...
His instincts were to turn it down. “Caputo said he only learned that the individual was an FBI informant after he sat down with Mueller’s investigators.” He didn’t know at the time. His instincts were serving him well. “When they asked me about him, I told them what I knew. By their faces, I knew that it was someone they had sent to me. It was after my interrogation with the Mueller team that I went out, hired private investigators and found out the guy had used a fake name, Henry Greenberg, and that he had been working with the FBI for 17 years.”
...
The thing that you can’t forget — and I’m sure you won’t — now that they have suffered this deep humiliation and now that they’re a little scared to death — remember what this investigation, quote, unquote, was — do not ever forget this. It was not an investigation. There was never any collusion.

What this was — in fact, to state this, I’m gonna go back to what really was the origin of all this. The origin of all of this was to exonerate Hillary Clinton. Hillary Clinton had violated numerous federal laws with her server, her illegal private email server with which and on which she was trafficking in classified data.

In addition, there was the Clinton Foundation. She was selling influence to foreign buyers on the come under the assumption she was gonna be president. She was raking in money, she and her husband, were raking in money on the premise that they were gonna be back in the White House and could therefore repay that money in policy ways or who knows however which way.

Hillary Clinton had to be exonerated.

Rush Limbaugh's analysis of this is simply brilliant. He gets a little more leeway in speculation, because he's not a reporter. Byron York, et. al. have to establish a basis for everything they say. However, Limbaugh is spot on. The Clintons were clearly selling influence--including to the Russians. The Obamas probably expected to be doing a lot better than the book deals, and having to lay low.

Trump has been playing defense all along, but as he turns to offense, it's going to get very interesting. Assange knows who gave him the DNC emails. He may know that the DNC had Seth Rich killed. It will be interesting to see if they kill Assange.
#14998837
The arrest of Assange is only one skirmish in a long-range battle. There are two goals of the current political war, one real and one a distraction. The first (real) objective is to criminalize whistleblowing and non-approved journalism. The second (false flag) goal is to imprison Trump's political enemies and/or intimidate them into backing down.

He will succeed in the first goal. Indeed he's in the bottom of the eighth and leading by a half dozen runs.

The second goal is literally impossible. Trump is permitted to carry out useful aims of the oligarchy, like cutting taxes for the rich and mowing down environmental regulation, healthcare subsidies, and the like. One thing he will NOT be permitted to do is to seriously wound the duopoly by which elite maintain oligarchic hegemony. The most Trump will be allowed is a slap on the wrist for some Clinton or Obama functionary. So no, he's not going lock Hillary up or try major players in the defense, counterintel, and law enforcement.

Trump's clever, but he's no Stalin. He's not disciplined and focused enough to fight this kind of battle, and he has no Beria.
#14998840
blackjack21 wrote:Trump has been playing defense all along, but as he turns to offense, it's going to get very interesting.

The Democrats and the left-wing propaganda news media will be crying "conspiracy theory" as their defense as they demand Trump's tax returns with the claim of obstruction of justice. I remember Rachael Maddow on MSNBC was so excited to receive a leaked copy of Trump's 2005 Tax Return in 2017 until she realized that it showed he paid a lot of taxes that year. That was funny.

Trump may make comments about what is going on, but I believe he can now leave most of the offense to AG Barr and the Justice Department. The truth will prevail.
Praise the Lord.
#14998843
quetzlcoatl wrote:One thing he will NOT be permitted to do is to seriously wound the duopoly by which elite maintain oligarchic hegemony.

Where I disagree is that if this were the case, Trump would not be permitted to be president--which is what the whole Russiagate thing was about. It has blown up in the establishment's face. It was a very obvious coup attempt and it was botched, right after a botched election. The reason Trump won the White House is that he took positions that were popular with the people, but hated by the establishment. That trend continues. He won with no prior experience in elective office and 1/10th of the campaign funds of Hillary Clinton. The establishment does not have the backing of the people anymore, and they seem dangerously unaware of that fact.

Populism is not just happening in the US. Teresa May is doing her level best to destroy Brexit. She is already a political zombie--no future, but not quite dead yet. Merkel, Emmanuel Macron, and Justin Trudeau are all political zombies, too. It's not a good time to be a globalist.

The duopoly was Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton. When Jeb Bush lost the nomination, and plan Bs like Marco Rubio failed, the duopoly failed. In the current crop of Democrats, only Joe Biden represents the old order. Everyone else is a back bencher.

As I've said before, I think the subtext in the establishment has to be a cocaine cult. These people think they are smarter than they really are, and they continually fuck up. Nobody has challenged their dominance. Trump is doing just that and winning.

quetzlcoatl wrote:The most Trump will be allowed is a slap on the wrist for some Clinton or Obama functionary. So no, he's not going lock Hillary up or try major players in the defense, counterintel, and law enforcement.

I already noted that nothing will happen to Obama legally. He was president, and the remedy for his act was to impeach him. Some of his underlings may not be so lucky. I do believe that Barr will upbraid them all. I don't think the political actors will be prosecuted without a special counsel, for the same reason it took a special counsel to convict Manafort when the IRS, FBI or DoJ could have done that ages ago. They have a "get-out-of-jail-free" card, which is part and parcel of the arrogance we see from the Washington establishment. They flashed real fear when Barr said that they spied on the Trump campaign--which is interesting, because it is dispositive of fact that they did exactly that. No serious person outside of Washington questions that.

quetzlcoatl wrote:Trump's clever, but he's no Stalin. He's not disciplined and focused enough to fight this kind of battle, and he has no Beria.

The last deep state coup attempt ended up with Scooter Libby getting prosecuted. Clearly, they wanted to take out Cheney before they could take out Bush. It failed, but Bush didn't do anything to them. Trump is a different animal. He's no Stalin in terms of killing his opposition. However, dismissing a guy like Trump is where so many have gone so wrong.

Barr has a difficult task, because by blowing up the coup, Trump has exposed the political corruption in DoJ/FBI and intelligence community.

Chuck Schumer warned Trump about this before Trump even took office: Schumer warns Trump: Intel officials 'have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you'
Barr may be no Beria, but he's no Jeff Sessions either.

Hindsite wrote:The Democrats and the left-wing propaganda news media will be crying "conspiracy theory" as their defense as they demand Trump's tax returns with the claim of obstruction of justice.

This is why I say people underestimate Trump. "Conspiracy theory" is a template, and an old one. It will not work after they spent two years fomenting a conspiracy theory that has fallen flat. Tax returns won't help them either, and neither will a Mueller report which was quoted directly in Barr's memo as saying that they found no collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia as it regarded Russian attempts to influence the election.

Hindsite wrote:I remember Rachael Maddow on MSNBC was so excited to receive a leaked copy of Trump's 2005 Tax Return in 2017 until she realized that it showed he paid a lot of taxes that year. That was funny.

Yeah. She made hay for a couple of years on the Russia hoax, but her ratings are tanking now as people realize they have been lied to.

Hindsite wrote:Trump may make comments about what is going on, but I believe he can now leave most of the offense to AG Barr and the Justice Department.

Trump will not want a soft response to this, so I think he will be leaning hard on Barr. Barr has to rebuild trust in a shattered FBI and Intel community--a reputation they shattered by their own insubordination, and failed coup attempt.
#14998924
blackjack21 wrote:In the wake of the bust of the Mueller report,

Is this conclusion based upon what Donald's lawyer, Barr, issued in his 4 page cover up? :lol: Dream on sonny.

That's wonderful. I am so pumped up to see that, at last, we have a real he-man in the white house. If only Sessions had sucked Donald's dick like Barr promised to do before Donald tapped him he would probably still be A.G.

All this will do is ratchet up the Trump hate fest for the remainder of his time in the limelight while, in the meantime, I wonder how something like "a really great HealthCare Plan"( D.Trump) ,which would actually help American citizens ,will fare ( :lol: ).

Good move on the part of Donald though. His potential to entertain and titillate the red beanie crowd and hog the headlines with simple minded he-man nonsense has been greatly enhanced. No doubt Fox Fake News has gone into overdrive. I'm sure POFO's propaganda expert BJ21 would agree with me on this. Speaking of Donald's propaganda operation, Fox Fake News, Fox channels have mentioned the US congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for 42 consecutive days, a study has found.

The 29-year-old liberal star received at least 3,181 mentions in six weeks from Fox News or its sister Fox Business, according to research by Media Matters for America, a not-for-profit media watchdog. :lol: She's almost as good at hogging the media as Donald. I wonder what she thinks of dead Senator McCain.

"A really great health care plan" ? ……………...
#14999431
Hindsite wrote:Trump Derangement Syndrome

the flip side of the Deranged Trump Syndrome. Donald is simply reaping what he sows.

I notice you were absent for the past day or two. Dealing with the fruits of global warming as weather bombs passed by your proximity I presume :lol:
#14999481
jimjam wrote:the flip side of the Deranged Trump Syndrome. Donald is simply reaping what he sows.

I notice you were absent for the past day or two. Dealing with the fruits of global warming as weather bombs passed by your proximity I presume :lol:

I haven't had any problems with global warming where I live. I haven't even turned on the air conditioning yet since the inside temperature hasn't gotten over 77 degrees Fahrenheit in my house.
#14999540
Hindsite wrote:I haven't had any problems with global warming where I live. I haven't even turned on the air conditioning yet since the inside temperature hasn't gotten over 77 degrees Fahrenheit in my house.


I'm not talking air conditioning, I'm talking weather bombs. The primary way global warming is manifested is by increased incidence of extremes of weather due to a disruption of traditional weather patterns. I saw some severe shit passing thru your area recently and was concerned. What would I do if I lost my favorite right wing extremist to chat with? I'm sure you have noticed that extremes of flood/drought in Central America are causing farms to fail which result in increased flow of migrants heading north in search of food and reduced chaos

4/11/19
EF-2 DAMAGE WAS CONFIRMED IN AUGUSTA, GEORGIA IN THE AREA FROM
BARTON CHAPEL ROAD TO BUNGALOW ROAD. EF-2 WIND SPEEDS RANGE FROM
111 TO 135 MPH.
#14999602
Victoribus Spolia wrote:WTF?


EM is an unhinged loser parasitically feeding off the working classes, like quite a few people actually these days. If a cluster of major wars and civil wars happens soon in the Western world-and I believe they will-those sorts of people will not have the protection of the ''thin blue line'' of law enforcement that we pay the police and the courts to do for us. Those institutions are there to protect them, not us, when there's more important fish to fry nationally.
#14999609
jimjam wrote:I'm not talking air conditioning, I'm talking weather bombs. The primary way global warming is manifested is by increased incidence of extremes of weather due to a disruption of traditional weather patterns. I saw some severe shit passing thru your area recently and was concerned. What would I do if I lost my favorite right wing extremist to chat with? I'm sure you have noticed that extremes of flood/drought in Central America are causing farms to fail which result in increased flow of migrants heading north in search of food and reduced chaos

4/11/19
EF-2 DAMAGE WAS CONFIRMED IN AUGUSTA, GEORGIA IN THE AREA FROM
BARTON CHAPEL ROAD TO BUNGALOW ROAD. EF-2 WIND SPEEDS RANGE FROM
111 TO 135 MPH.

My wife said she remembered a bad storm came through here but that I was taking a nap and didn't notice it. We live in a fairly new brick home and it takes a lot to blow our house down. We don't live in that particular area of Augusta so the winds might not have been that strong where we live. We live near Fort Gordon and there are no pine trees near by for the winds to blow down. Thanks for your concern.

Ok I mean my definitions are that far off from th[…]

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Tue[…]

''So what?'' I'm beginning to think that you hav[…]

Racism

So the genetics involved with long distance runni[…]