1 Killed, 3 Injured In Los Angeles Drive By Shooting After Slain Rapper's Memorial - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
To put this into perspective, Congress just had a hearing about how white nationalists are the biggest threat in the country. Truly upside down world.

Nipsey Hussle Memorial Procession Struck By Violence: Drive-By Leaves 1 Dead, 3 Injured

Violence struck at a massive event honoring Nipsey Hussle in Los Angeles on Thursday. Four people were shot, one fatally, as they stood with crowds packed along a 24-mile route to view the rapper’s passing hearse.

Three men and a woman were hit in the drive-by shooting from a gray Hyundai after the funeral procession passed 103rd and Main streets in South Los Angeles, Police Chief Michel Moore said in a statement.

The identity of the person who was killed wasn’t immediately released. Nor was the motive. Victims ranged in age from 30 to 50.

“We must stop this senseless violence,” Moore said.

Moore tweeted an hour earlier that he was “proud” of his Los Angeles Police Department officers and grateful to local leaders for a peaceful, “extraordinary outpouring of our communities.”

It was the second event honoring Hussle to be marred by violence. Two women were injured in a shooting April 1 at a vigil for the slain rapper and several others were hurt in a stampede of panicked mourners. Police initially said no gun was involved, but it turned out that both women suffered bullet wounds, the Los Angles Times reported. Police believe they may have been the target of gang violence.

Hussle, 33, a Grammy-nominated rapper and community activist, was shot multiple times the night of March 31 outside his clothing store in the South Los Angeles community he hoped to revitalize. Eric Holder, 29, has been charged with the killing.

The memorial service Thursday for Hussle — born Ermias Asghedom — was held at Staples Center in downtown Los Angeles, attended by about 21,000 people, including Beyonce, Jay-Z and Snoop Dog.

Hussle’s fiancée, Lauren London, called the rapper “majestic” and “brilliant.” She said that, although she was suffering, she was particularly sad for their son, Kross, whom she feared wouldn’t remember his dad. “My pain is for my 2-year-old.”

Hussle’s mom, Angelique Smith, called her son a “superhero.”

I still have a habit of listening to Pittsburgh radio stations through iheartradio because I lived there for about five years during my masters degree.

When the local reports come in, there is always a shooting happening somewhere and its almost always black-on-black violence. This was just the norm and in living in the ghetto during my time in that town, I can personally attest to how violent they were to each other. It was pretty shocking coming from a very poor, rural, and white area and seeing this sort of thing. I remember hearing social commentators remarking on how the crime was cause by them being poor.

As someone coming from one of the poorest areas in the United States, I can say that is total bullshit.

Rural areas, especially in the Appalachian range, are some of the poorest in the U.S. and they are typically all-white and heavily armed and yet there is very little crime (this is starting to change with the aging population and opioid crisis, but still nothing like the inner city); whatever is happening in the black community has nothing to do with poverty or racial oppression; it has everything to do with a culture of dependency and violence fostered by the state's actions in the 50s and 60s which decimated both the black family and the proclivity towards upward mobility among inner-city african americans.

Yes, we know you believe Amit Soussana is a liar ([…]

Do you get paid a certain amount of money for ev[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

^ I shared the Sachs and Meirsheimer videos in her[…]

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over mains[…]