Soros to Fund Groups Working to Register FL Ex-Cons - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Verv wrote:Why for no good reason? They want a society that is reflective of their culture, standards, and their perceived capabilities at sustaining their own civilization and way of life.

Maybe they are wrong in terms of race...

But they still historically restrict voting.

Yes, racism is not a good reason. Nor is sexism or classism.

Unless you think bigotry is a good reason?

Why not?

Because as far as I can tell, your standards about important things are not better than those of a criminal.

Wait, so black people can't be expected to have a valid ID and can't be expected to follow the laws, so you are a racist if you say you need an ID to vote and ex-felons can't vote?

Voter ID laws have been shown to prevent eligible black voters from voting. Republicans know this and support these laws that have such a racist and anti-democratic impact because they know blacks will vote Democrat.

You are literally makign it out like black people are so disproportionately more likely to be incapable of having an ID and following the law that it is literally a racial aggravation against blacks to require IDs and no felonies to vote.

Yes, it is a racist tactic to stop blacks from voting, and this is because blacks are disproportionately unlikely to have the right ID.
Heisenberg wrote:You really seem to have some feelings about hate crimes. I think it's time you and the other alt-right boobs on this forum got over the Charlottesville conviction.

To be fair, James Fields should be allowed to vote once his 500+ year combined federal and state sentences have been served. It's only right that we should be consistent.
Heisenberg wrote:I'm sure you don't, because it's a voting restriction - like literacy tests in the days of Jim Crow, or voter ID laws today - that disproportionately works in your favour as a white nationalist. :lol:

Suggesting that voting identification laws are somehow racist is in itself racist. It's the bigotry of low expectations for entire demographics and assumes these demographics don't have photo ID, which in itself carries an extremely low bureaucratic and financial hurdle for the average citizen. :lol:

Most Europeans would laugh at the idea of being able to vote without showing ID.
Thanks for chiming in on the subject Sabbaticus. Your complete ignorance about American politics has been a great contribution to this discussion, despite the fact that you could go to Wikipedia and get a crash course in Voter Suppression & Photo ID Laws.

Again, Sabbaticus, thank you for your meaningless, ill-informed, poorly thought out contribution.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Thanks for chiming in on the subject Sabbaticus. Your complete ignorance about American politics has been a great contribution to this discussion, despite the fact that you could go to Wikipedia and get a crash course in Voter Suppression & Photo ID Laws.

It is not difficult at all just to get a photo ID and register to vote. Monkeys might not be able to do it, but we should only want responsible humans that are citizens of the USA to vote in our elections.
Hi Hindsite. Here's the results of 10 seconds of Googling that you could have done. From the Brennan Center of the NYU School of Law:

The 11 percent of eligible voters who lack the required photo ID must travel to a designated government office to obtain one. Yet many citizens will have trouble making this trip. In the 10 states with restrictive voter ID laws:

• Nearly 500,000 eligible voters do not have access to a vehicle and live more than 10 miles from the nearest state ID-issuing office open more than two days a week. Many of them live in rural areas with dwindling public transportation options.
  • More than 10 million eligible voters live more than 10 miles from their nearest state ID-issuing office open more than two days a week.
  • 1.2 million eligible black voters and 500,000 eligible Hispanic voters live more than 10 miles from their nearest ID-issuing office open more than two days a week. People of color are more likely to be disenfranchised by these laws since they are less likely to have photo ID than the general population.
  • Many ID-issuing offices maintain limited business hours. For example, the office in Sauk City, Wisconsin is open only on the fifth Wednesday of any month. But only four months in 2012 — February, May, August, and October — have five Wednesdays. In other states — Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, and Texas — many part-time ID-issuing offices are in the rural regions with the highest concentrations of people of color and people in poverty.

Thank you as always for your meaningful contributions, Hindsite. If you ever grow tired of your incredibly boring troll gimmick then feel free to do a little research on your own.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Thank you as always for your meaningful contributions, Hindsite. If you ever grow tired of your incredibly boring troll gimmick then feel free to do a little research on your own.

Common sense requires no research.

How to Get a Photo I.D., Birth Certificate, or Social Security Card
https://www.lawhelp.org/dc/resource/how ... cate-or-so

Praise the Lord.
Last edited by Hindsite on 04 May 2019 08:34, edited 2 times in total.
Welcome to Clown World: where the government has to abolish every regulation designed to prevent voter fraud to ensure that 500,000 borderline homeless people will be able to vote, and where we need special efforts to ensure that all the murderers, rapists, and ex-cons get to contribute their voices to the fate of the nation.

... Criminals are your constituency, :lol: .
I triggered Hindsite so hard he actually did some lazy googling.

Verv wrote:Welcome to Clown World: where the government has to abolish every regulation designed to prevent voter fraud to ensure that 500,000 borderline homeless people will be able to vote, and where we need special efforts to ensure that all the murderers, rapists, and ex-cons get to contribute their voices to the fate of the nation.

I'm glad you finally dropped the mask and have gone full fasc. We all know you don't give a shit about voter fraud, freedom of association, or any of the liberal values you pretend to care about when it's convenient for you and will gladly laugh at people being disenfranchised because you are a bootlicker.

Verv: Mmmmmmm, boot. Yummy yummy boot. I love licking boots.
Verv wrote:Welcome to Clown World: where the government has to abolish every regulation designed to prevent voter fraud to ensure that 500,000 borderline homeless people will be able to vote, and where we need special efforts to ensure that all the murderers, rapists, and ex-cons get to contribute their voices to the fate of the nation.

How many cases of voted fraud have there been?
I find it weird that rightwingers deny their own amazing success at gerrymandering and disenfranchising voters to win elections that they lost by millions. You should be proud about how phenomenally you've rigged the electorate for your ends. No one thinks you are honest about giving a shit about democracy, but I like how you play pretend. Sore winners, much?
Verv wrote:Voting is something that has standards which go along with it.

:eh:

Voting has no standards. If it should have standards, who makes the standards? Those who can vote? Surely you can see the absurdity of that. If the majority decides religiosity is a mental illness that disqualifies you from voting, would it be legitimate? I would certainly disqualify you before any potheads, if I thought voting should have standards.
The American right cares about "democracy" only in so far is it privileges white male votes. That is why they've developed the narrative of cuckoldry. If you don't subscribe to their belief that disenfranchising millions of people out of votes is a necessary bureaucracy that exists to maintain the purity of voting than your wife is being sodomized by a scary brown person. The only other option is honesty.

@FiveofSwords Your faith in over-interpreted c[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Seems like there's a lot of cursing of Ukraine's 1[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

We were once wild before wheat and other grains do[…]