BigSteve wrote:I never said there were no arguments for allowing abortion at any point.
That is true.
Instead you incorrectly claimed I was unable to provide any. Rather than have you read the thread and my posts in order to see the argument I have provided, I thought it would be faster to cite the SCC argument since it is basically the same as the one I already mentioned.
There are no valid arguments.
The argument from bodily integrity:
1. Every person has the right to decide what their own body is used for.
2. Since everyone has that right, the state cannot compel someone to use their body in a way to which the person has not consented. Organ donations are voluntary, for example.
3. The state cannot compel this even when the use of a person’s body would save the life of another person. Again, the fact that organ donations are voluntary is a good example.
4. Since this is the case, the state cannot compel a woman to use her body to save the life of another person.
5. Even if we give the fetus personhood, the state cannot compel a woman to use her body to save the life of another person.
Please show how this argument is not valid.
There is a crack in everything,
That's how the light gets in...