Fetal heartbeat and the abortion fight - Page 21 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15014942
So that's about you lying then? :?:

If I was a "Satanist", I'd tell you, but I am not. I don't believe in that rubbish. Smart people don't believe in myths as anything but what they are... fanciful stories meant to teach a lesson.

Matt.7. [1] Judge not, that ye be not judged. [2] For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
#15014969
Wellsy wrote:Shit is popping off in ole Alabama
Alabama woman loses unborn child after being shot, gets arrested; shooter goes free


No surprise that the woman being arrested is black. This would never happen to a white woman.

If people in the US actually cared about unborn people, they would support poor moms so that the mom would not even get into this type of situation.
#15015003
Godstud wrote:So that's about you lying then? :?:

No, it is about people like you.

Godstud wrote:If I was a "Satanist", I'd tell you, but I am not. I don't believe in that rubbish. Smart people don't believe in myths as anything but what they are... fanciful stories meant to teach a lesson.

Matt.7. [1] Judge not, that ye be not judged. [2] For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

I wish you would take that advise, but I know that you think you are a smart person that does not believe in fanciful stories meant to teach a lesson.
#15015009
Pants-of-dog wrote:If people in the US actually cared about unborn people, they would support poor moms so that the mom would not even get into this type of situation.

They do. All the mom has to do is go apply for welfare.

Applying for Welfare

The US has a number of benefit programs designed to help impoverished Americans in hardship.

This is done by using several different governmental programs such as Food Stamps, Medicaid, HUD homes programs and Supplemental Security Income (SSI). When you hear politicians and the public speaking of welfare it is normally referring to Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, or TANF, this was formerly called AFDC (Aid to Families with Dependent Children) and it is a cash assistance setup that is usually directed towards single parents. This type of program is actually a fairly small portion of the entire welfare program. In order to take advantage of these programs you must meet the resource and income limitations. The Food Stamp and HUD programs receive federal funds, while the rest use both state and federal funds.

All states are required to provide comparable standards, meaning that all regulations have to be the same for all recipients and applicants that apply for welfare.

Perhaps the most important thing to remember is, if you do not know then don’t be afraid to ask. The people are there to help you and will not set out to embarrass you in any way so give them a chance to help.
https://www.welfareinfo.org/apply/
#15015021
Stop calling me a liar, @Hindsite. I don't lie.

If you want to just use this as an excuse not to accept any argument I make, then fuck off and die, already.
#15015054
Pants-of-dog wrote:Do you know who I am talking about?

Yes. You were talking about a black pregnant women that initiated a dispute that led to the death of her unborn baby girl. You seem to think that we could help this poor women somehow so she would not get in this situation. It seemed to me that since you said she was poor that you meant financial help.
#15015058
:roll: Disputes, at least not in the USA, don't tend to get to the point where some complete asshole shoots a woman.

Only in a fucked up shit-hole like USA would the victim of the shooting be thrown in jail. The shooter has no responsibility not to shoot someone. They can just roam around waiting for a dispute, then shoot them. How fucked it that?

When women don't want to have a child, your rape-loving states punish them. When they do, but lose the child, anyways, you punish them more. Women-hating assholes is all those Southern states are producing, and it shows in their laws.

This is a travesty of justice. I only hope there's justice DESPITE the backwards laws in Alabama.
#15015060
Godstud wrote::roll: Disputes, at least not in the USA, don't tend to get to the point where some complete asshole shoots a woman.

Only in a fucked up shit-hole like USA would the victim of the shooting be thrown in jail. The shooter has no responsibility not to shoot someone. They can just roam around waiting for a dispute, then shoot them. How fucked it that?

When women don't want to have a child, your rape-loving states punish them. When they do, but lose the child, anyways, you punish them more. Women-hating assholes is all those Southern states are producing, and it shows in their laws.

This is a travesty of justice. I only hope there's justice DESPITE the backwards laws in Alabama.

There are no women-hating assholes in the Southern states. She was not punished, since the charge was dismissed. The only real victim was the dead baby girl.
#15015065
The victim was the woman who was shot, and lost her child. She should never have been charged in the first place and the guy who shot here should be in jail, not her. You not seeing this only shows devoid of compassion and empathy you are.

Hindsite wrote:She was not punished, since the charge was dismissed.
Charges dismissed? :eh:

Not yet...
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story ... 600380001/

That she was ever even up on charges shows what a bunch of fuckwits live in those parts. Nowhere else would this have happened, and with good reason. Most places aren't so fucking backwards and morally bankrupt. Her shooter went FREE.

hindsite wrote:There are no women-hating assholes in the Southern states.
It's full of them, as is evidenced by the charges.

hindsite wrote:The only real victim was the dead baby girl.
The victim was the woman AND her child, which she evidently was not planning on aborting. Ignoring the woman is just typical of misogynism in the Southern USA.
#15015068
Godstud wrote:The victim was the woman who was shot, and lost her child. She should never have been charged in the first place and the guy who shot here should be in jail, not her. You not seeing this only shows devoid of compassion and empathy you are.

Charges dismissed? :eh:

Not yet...
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story ... 600380001/

That she was ever even up on charges shows what a bunch of fuckwits live in those parts. Nowhere else would this have happened, and with good reason. Most places aren't so fucking backwards and morally bankrupt. Her shooter went FREE.

It's full of them, as is evidenced by the charges.

The victim was the woman AND her child, which she evidently was not planning on aborting. Ignoring the woman is just typical of misogynism in the Southern USA.

“The investigation showed that the only true victim in this was the unborn baby,’’ Pleasant Grove police Lt. Danny Reid said at the time of the shooting. “It was the mother of the child who initiated and continued the fight which resulted in the death of her own unborn baby.”

The investigation showed, he said, that it was Jones who initiated and pressed the fight, which ultimately caused Jemison to defend herself and unfortunately caused the death of the baby.

"Let’s not lose sight that the unborn baby is the victim here,’’ Reid said. “She had no choice in being brought unnecessarily into a fight where she was relying on her mother for protection."


So do you want the other woman to be prosecuted for defending herself against Mrs. Jones?
#15015070
Who fired the fucking gun?! Who? Was a pregnant woman such a threat that someone had to shoot her? No.

Is shooting someone the normal thing fucked in the head Americans do, normally, to settle a "dispute"??

I don't give a fuck what some shit-heel of a pig said. Lt. Danny Reid is a complete asshole, and morally bankrupt.

Hindsite wrote:So do you want the other woman to be prosecuted for defending herself against Mrs. Jones?
Jail would be good start, since she assaulted and killed someone.

You're defending the fucking criminal.

Why am I so surprised? :knife:
#15015087
Only in a fucked up shit-hole like USA would the victim of the shooting be thrown in jail. The shooter has no responsibility not to shoot someone. They can just roam around waiting for a dispute, then shoot them. How fucked it that?

QFT

You have to understand Godstud, that this is a "stand your ground" state. That means that if someone assaults you, as the pregnant woman did, that you have the "right" to stand your ground and use a firearm to defend it. There is no requirement that the woman look at the source of the assault and make any reasonable determination that a lethal threat may be there or not.

But the devil is in the details as they say. From the Article you posted:

Jemison told BuzzFeed News she fired a gun as a "warning shot" after Jones and a group of friends attacked her over a relationship issue.


This is a big deal. If I was attacked by an angry group of people I might conclude that I was under serious threat and defend myself with a firearm.

Now mind you that this is unlikely to happen to me because I do not have such a small penis that I choose to arm myself all of the time. The exception could be when I am certain that I am going where there might be a threat, that going can't be reasonably avoided and that a firearm is the best method of mitigating that threat.

I would ignore the very concept of "stand your ground" because if I can retreat to safety that is vastly preferable to an extrajudicial execution of someone for assault or robbery; neither of which carry the death penalty in my state. But if my life were threatened and I could not escape without the possibility of injury I would defend myself with a firearm. But please note the above criteria for carrying a firearm. The first decision to make is to avoid such a situation in the first place so again it is unlikely that I would be armed and extremely unlikely that I would go where there is the threat of a deadly encounter. I do not arm myself before going to the hardware store to protect myself from the possibility that a deranged weed-whacker hater might choose that moment to off all of the weed-whackers, snatch up a torque wrench and get between me and the door after concluding that I am a vile weed-whacker lover.
#15015109
Hindsite wrote:Yes. You were talking about a black pregnant women that initiated a dispute that led to the death of her unborn baby girl. You seem to think that we could help this poor women somehow so she would not get in this situation. It seemed to me that since you said she was poor that you meant financial help.


How would financial help have helped?

Maybe the USA could address the inherent racism and misogyny in the justice system, where a black woman gets punished for being shot.
#15015112
Pants-of-dog wrote:How would financial help have helped?

Maybe the USA could address the inherent racism and misogyny in the justice system, where a black woman gets punished for being shot.


Racism and misogyny? The shooter, the "victim" and the District Attorney are all Black and female! :lol:
#15015209
Pants-of-dog wrote:How would financial help have helped?

It might help if she were poor like you said.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Maybe the USA could address the inherent racism and misogyny in the justice system, where a black woman gets punished for being shot.

You are just making stuff up now.
Last edited by Hindsite on 01 Jul 2019 05:59, edited 2 times in total.
  • 1
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22

Of course it's an argument. I can't help it wh[…]

Most white people are socialized from childhood wi[…]

To call something a "phobia," is to s[…]

Besides Qatzel's individual-specific treatment, I[…]