California - America's Cesspool... - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Drlee wrote:Completely unnecessary. Two steps and illegal immigration stops instantly and illegals self-deport.

1. Make it a $25,000.00 fine for first offense hiring an illegal. Second offense $50K third offense, loss of EIN. Without an EIN no business in the US can stay in business. Require everify for all employees current and future.

I actually believe the fines should be much higher and that penalties should include the forfeiture of all assets for knowingly hiring illegals...

2. Make it necessary to get a permit to wire money overseas more than twice a year. Require proof of legal residency to wire the money.

Interesting...

Those two steps alone would stop illegal immigration in its tracks. As far as the illegal drug trade is concerned, just legalize pot at the federal level and allow states to regulate it. It is a states rights issue after all. Same as liquor.

I don't know that it would stop it in its tracks, but it would certainly make it less attractive. I also don't have a problem with your views on marijuana...
BigSteve wrote:I agree.

I think we need to take decisive measures which keep them from getting in. A 500 yard buffer from our actual border to a fence should be a sort of "no man's land" in which would-be invaders can be dealt with using whatever measures are necessary to stop them. Personally, I'm a fan of putting armed troops along our borders. Dogs could work well, too...

No one is invading you.

I have never not acknowledged the contributions of immigrants.

But we're not talking about immigrants. We're talking about illegal aliens.

Different subject altogether...

Not really.

Undocumented migrants are still immigrants.
@Drlee @BigSteve

The only way you are going to stop migrants from showing up at our borders is to stop the policy of mass incarceration for drug crimes here in the US and institute a policy that treats drug addiction as a mental and physical health crisis. Also institute policies that prevent the abuse and demand for these drugs in the first place. Once you start successfully combating addiction and preventing addiction that will dry up demand for drugs and start cutting into the drug cartel and criminal gangs money that they use to buy weapons to terrorize these migrants that cause them to flee.

We'll also have to work with these foreign governments in aiding them to combat drug cartels, criminal gangs and helping them build economies that are not based off a narco economy but rather healthy legitimate business. You'll make real friends that way with people of the region and we probably won't be considered the "imperialist Americans." We made real friends with the French by paying them back for their help in the American Revolutionary War by helping them in World War II. We can do the same for Central Latin America by lending a real helping hand. Also Steve, we are not Nazis, these people are human beings and we need to treat them like we like to be treated.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Undocumented migrants are still immigrants.

No, "undocumented migrants" (and what a silly, bullshit term that is) are criminals...
@BigSteve

Steve wrote:No, "undocumented migrants" (and what a silly, bullshit term that is) are criminals...

Yeah and what's legal and what is criminal is based around power and control. It is not based on what is right or wrong or fair or just. Like slaves who ran away from their slave masters were "criminals" or the Jews who escaped Nazi concentration camps were "criminal" too. Or those "criminals" that the Chinese communist party imprisoned for 17 years for demonstrating at Tiannamen Square. Yes, what is legal is not centered around what is right or wrong or fair or just, instead, it seems to be more centered around power and control.
Politics_Observer wrote:@BigSteve

Yeah and what's legal and what is criminal is based around power and control. It is not based on what is right or wrong or fair or just. Like slaves who ran away from their slave masters were "criminals" or the Jews who escaped Nazi concentration camps were "criminal" too. Or those "criminals" that the Chinese communist party imprisoned for 17 years for demonstrating at Tiannamen Square.

They're criminals and should be treated as such.

Whining about slaves and Tiannamen Square is meaningless...
@BigSteve

Steve wrote:They're criminals and should be treated as such.

Whining about slaves and Tiannamen Square is meaningless...

Yes, but instead of concerning yourself with power and control, would it not be better to concern yourself with not only that which is legal, but that which is right and wrong? And shouldn't what is legal also be what is right, just and fair in the totality of the circumstances?
@Politics_Observer Hey, don't let logic and reason try to get in the way of ignorance and hateful bigotry! How dare you try to be just, fair, and maybe even a little bit compassionate! This is America we're talking about!
Politics_Observer wrote:@BigSteve

Yes, but instead of concerning yourself with power and control, would it not be better to concern yourself with not only that which is legal, but that which is right and wrong? And shouldn't what is legal also be what is right, just and fair in the totality of the circumstances?

We should not massage our laws to accommodate those who would break those laws.

That's beyond stupid.

When people start obeying the law only then should we discuss changing it...
BigSteve wrote:No, "undocumented migrants" (and what a silly, bullshit term that is) are criminals...

The so-called progressives don't like to call them what they really are, "illegal" immigrants.
BigSteve wrote:would-be invaders

Who are the invaders?

"When California issued its first state constitution in 1849, Article XI decreed that all laws must be published in Spanish and English. Most California residents then spoke only Spanish."

Not to worry, though. If BigSteve is to be believed, the way things are going, give it a few years, Spanish will be California's 'first language' again.

Not just yet, though...

"Spanish and Spanish Creole compose the second most popular language grouping in the state, being spoken by 25.8% of Californians."

:)
Last edited by ingliz on 28 Jun 2019 11:28, edited 1 time in total.
I spent most of the day at Tara O'Sullivan's funeral.

It was lovely. There are still some patriotic, law abiding Californians. I saw quite a few today.

It was touching to drive under the overpasses with all the people waving flags, the police, fire, ambulances, etc. all paying respects. It brought me to tears a few times.
It's sad when a good police officer is killed doing their job. It'd be better if the bad ones met with that fate, but karma's really just a illusion. Supporting the police is not patriotism. It's just supporting the police.

Most people, even immigrants(illegal or otherwise) obey the law.

How does waving a flag make you patriotic? :eh: Most patriots don't wave flags. They serve their country humbly and without fanfare.
ingliz wrote:Who are the invaders?

"When California issued its first state constitution in 1849, Article XI decreed that all laws must be published in Spanish and English. Most California residents then spoke only Spanish."

Could you post a link to that? While I can certainly allow for the possibility that I missed it, I just read through Article XI and didn't see it. Then again, Article XI of the California Constitution pertains to the operation of local governments, so it's unlikely that anything regarding the language of laws would be included in it.

And California didn't "issue" their State Constitution. It was adopted in 1849, but wasn't actually ratified for another 30 years...
BigSteve wrote:Could you post a link to that?

CONSTITUTION OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA (1849)

Sec. 21 – All laws, decrees, regulations, and provisions, which from their nature require publication, shall be published in English and Spanish

ARTICLE XI
MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS

ingliz wrote:CONSTITUTION OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA (1849)

Sec. 21 – All laws, decrees, regulations, and provisions, which from their nature require publication, shall be published in English and Spanish

ARTICLE XI
MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS

Thanks.

Good thing they put that in there, since so many people living in California, both legally and illegally, can't speak a lick of English...
BigSteve wrote:No, "undocumented migrants" (and what a silly, bullshit term that is) are criminals...

This does not refute my claim in any way.

It is possible to be an immigrant as well as having committed a crime.

Mind you, considering how the southern USA depends on these people to be economically sustainable, this sort of investment makes sense.

I find it interesting that the same people who depend on these hardworking undocumented workers economically are the same people who hate them.
Pants-of-dog wrote:This does not refute my claim in any way.

Mind you, considering how the southern USA depends on these people to be economically sustainable, this sort of investment makes sense.

I find it interesting that the same people who depend on these hardworking undocumented workers economically are the same people who hate them.

I don't hate them, I hate what they do. I don't want them here because they're criminals who are here illegally.

But I don't hate them...
This does not refute my claim in any way.

Entering another country undetected without permission is a crime, a breach of national security and sovereignty.

Living in the American South, these immigrants depress wages, effect native employment and put a strain on social services, hurting most of all African Americans and poor Whites.

Capitalism is dependent on them, nor are they personally ''hated'' other than abstractly for the economic destruction they induce into local economies and lives of native-born Americans, including Hispanics.

These things I know personally as absolute facts, not political theory divorced from reality.
Godstud wrote:It's sad when a good police officer is killed doing their job. It'd be better if the bad ones met with that fate, but karma's really just a illusion. Supporting the police is not patriotism. It's just supporting the police.

Most people, even immigrants(illegal or otherwise) obey the law.

How does waving a flag make you patriotic? :eh: Most patriots don't wave flags. They serve their country humbly and without fanfare.

Personally, I don't like 'flag wavers',it's like dressing up or wearing a uniform,whether it's for civil,military, religious or whatever & such things are not what ordinary people do.
It's just theatre, irritating to some people, entertaining to others & delusionally pretentious to conformist in our midst.

Source? I think Iran only communicated the end […]

Yeah, I'm in Maine. I have met Jimjam, but haven'[…]

No, you can't make that call without seeing the ev[…]

The people in the Synagogue, at Charlottesville, […]