California - America's Cesspool... - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
jimjam wrote:I have run into a lot of cases like this. They are not that rare. Encountered my first ones on the PS29 playground in grammar school. An identifying characteristic is total denial that they have any issues/problems whatsoever. That would undermine the basic foundation of their schtick.

You used to get smacked around on the playground, huh?

No wonder you're so delicate.

And I've never claimed to not have problems or issues. I'm simply at peace with how I choose to deal with them...
SpecialOlympian wrote:God damn, BigSteve is cool. I wish I was cool enough to call large swathes of people vermin and confident enough to talk about how I want women to die. That is cool as fuck.

If your rotting corpse were stuffed into a freezer you wouldn't be cool.

Yes, illegal alien criminals are vermin. And I don't "want" anyone to die. I just wouldn't lose any sleep over it if certain people did...
Well Big Guy, this is your lucky day. I'm bored, have already had 2 bowel movements and have decided to chat with you, my friend.

BigSteve wrote:You used to get smacked around on the playground, huh?

Actually not. I entertained myself by watching the dumb guys smack each other around. And yourself? Were you a smacker or a smackee?

BigSteve wrote:

What does that make you? I have already explained to you that I am smarter and tougher than you are.

BigSteve wrote:I'm simply at peace

Yes, a regular Gandhi. This is obvious.

BigSteve wrote:
you're unworthy of my time...”

BigSteve wrote:
you're nothing more than another bed-wetting lib ”

BigSteve wrote:
you have some ignorant need ”

BigSteve wrote:
I don't give a flying fuck ”

BigSteve wrote:
is a fucking idiot.”

BigSteve wrote:
You're pretty pathetic”

BigSteve wrote:
you can piss off and die. ”

BigSteve wrote:
Ask my accountant”:eek:

BigSteve wrote:
your idiot liberal friends ”

BigSteve wrote:
lying piece of shit”

:lol:
BigSteve wrote:You used to get smacked around on the playground, huh?

And I've never claimed to not have problems or issues. I'm simply at peace with how I choose to deal with them...

Pre-diaper-rash, you mention that it's unfair that long-term California white-skinned people are being forced to pay for the health care of darker skinned people from Latin America.

Unfair.

Meanwhile, many of the illegal migrants coming into the USA have watched the USA destroy local governments in Latin America, so that USA and other Western companies can make all the profit from the minerals in these Latin American countries.

For me, this is the central unfairness. USA corporations destroy and pillage Latin America, and the locals who are left with nothing are supposed to slave away in California with no health insurance?

I realize the USA was founded on slavery, but do you still believe that slavery is the most free way to live?
QatzelOk wrote:Meanwhile, many of the illegal migrants coming into the USA have watched the USA destroy local governments in Latin America, so that USA and other Western companies can make all the profit from the minerals in these Latin American countries.

This is way, way too complex for Guys like Large Stephen and Obese Donald to understand. And, even if they did get a slight inkling, their brains are so rotted away by arrogance that they would applaud because, after all, it is America's God given right to shit on the populations of the world and steal their resources. After all do not all our coins say "In God we trust"?
QatzelOk wrote:Pre-diaper-rash, you mention that it's unfair that long-term California white-skinned people are being forced to pay for the health care of darker skinned people from Latin America.

Unfair.

Meanwhile, many of the illegal migrants coming into the USA have watched the USA destroy local governments in Latin America, so that USA and other Western companies can make all the profit from the minerals in these Latin American countries.

For me, this is the central unfairness. USA corporations destroy and pillage Latin America, and the locals who are left with nothing are supposed to slave away in California with no health insurance?

I realize the USA was founded on slavery, but do you still believe that slavery is the most free way to live?

Admin Edit: Rule 2 Violation

Point out a single post by me where I mention that "long-term California white-skinned people are being forced to pay for the health care of darker skinned people from Latin America."

You can't do it, because I didn't say it.

Admin Edit: Rule 2 Violation
California is a shit hole for other reasons than the government taxing its citizens to provide health care to illegal aliens. A few days ago, an elementary school buddy of mine's daughter was shot and killed. She was Sacramento PD. 26 years old, and only six months on the job.

Sacramento Police Officer Tara O’Sullivan Dies From Shooting On Redwood Avenue

More of the hedonistic multi-cultural California dystopia for you.

Man who allegedly killed Sacramento Police Officer has history of domestic violence, court records show

I let my SFPD buddy know. He knows her father too. We all went to school together. It will be a very difficult funeral. :*(
California is not a shit-hole. I have tremendous respect for California and it's progressive politics, ideas and it's entrepreneurship and brilliant computer programmers. I am sure it has some bad places like any state, but I think California is a cool state. That being said, California isn't for everybody. Not everybody should be able to live in California. If you can't afford that high cost of living in California, you have no business living there. You need to move to a different state you can afford. That might be one of the reasons why California has a homelessness problem is that too many people want to live there who can't afford to live there. Not everybody gets to live in California and life isn't fair. And just because a state is cheaper doesn't mean it's a bad place to live. It's mind over matter and what you make of it. It's all you. You just got get out there and work, do something for yourself and meet some people. Just about every place I have been to are great places though some more expensive than others.
Godstud wrote:So, if CA is such a shithole. Why do you live there?

I was born here, raised here, and my family and friends are here--including a friend who is a grieving father of a young police officer who was shot and killed two days ago. Your condolences are duly noted. Maybe someday I'll move to Myanmar and bag on Canada in my spare time. Who knows?

Politics_Observer wrote:I have tremendous respect for California and it's progressive politics, ideas and it's entrepreneurship and brilliant computer programmers.

Oh, so I have your tremendous respect now?

Politics_Observer wrote:Not everybody should be able to live in California.

You mean like illegal aliens? Or just poorer Americans who had their jobs shipped off shore to China?

Politics_Observer wrote:If you can't afford that high cost of living in California, you have no business living there.

That's your idea of progressive politics, is it? Think about that for awhile and maybe you'll begin to understand why many Americans abandoned the Democratic party and voted for an ass like Donald Trump. Although, I wouldn't recommend coming here and telling people who are struggling to get by that they have no business living in California. Maybe I'm wrong, and I just need to see things from your point of view. My feelings tell me that the homeless wouldn't really appreciate your advice.

Politics_Observer wrote:You need to move to a different state you can afford.

I made $330k last year. I'm doing pretty well. I live in a 3150 sq ft house. I'm just coming to bed now after a bit of binge watching on my 75-inch 4k television with 5.1.4 Definitive Technologies/Denon Dolby Atmos sound system streaming video over 1Gbps full duplex fiber optic internet to fall asleep watching my 4k 65-inch television with a somewhat less inspired 5.1 Vizio sound system in my 300 sq ft bedroom (that's not including the bathroom or the closet). That doesn't bring back my friend's daughter, a 26-year old police officer killed after only six months on the job. It did help take my mind off it for awhile though.

Politics_Observer wrote:That might be one of the reasons why California has a homelessness problem is that too many people want to live there who can't afford to live there.

Really? Did they teach you that in college? Those are some really amazing powers of observation you're demonstrating there! I guess microeconomics have come along way since I was in college.

Politics_Observer wrote:Not everybody gets to live in California and life isn't fair.

Yeah. Not every American gets to live here, but illegal aliens are welcome. The government will even stick citizens who can't afford health insurance with the bill for illegal aliens who also can't afford insurance. No life is not fair. I don't think I ever suggested it was, or even that it should be. When I was a kid, I loved history. Yet, I couldn't get a grasp on why people would abandon the Weimar Republic for Nazism. It makes a lot more sense to me these days, but that's because I consider the welfare of people who are not of my class or income level. Then again, maybe I should abandon feelings and adopt an unfeeling fact-based point of view and tell the homeless that their problem is that they just can't afford housing in California and they need to move somewhere else. You know, it just may be that they never thought of that until you came along to point that out.

Politics_Observer wrote:It's mind over matter and what you make of it. It's all you.

I'm pointing out how a childhood friend's daughter was killed in the line of duty after only 6 months on the job at 26 years old. What are you trying to say? Her mind wasn't able to stop the bullet? It was her fault, because she didn't make of it something other than getting shot? Or are you suggesting that if Adel Sambrano Ramos had just heard your pep talk, he would have stopped drinking and driving, committing petty thefts, beating up women and shooting police officers dead and gotten a programming job or moved to a cheaper state? Help me understand the point you are trying to make.

Politics_Observer wrote:You just got get out there and work, do something for yourself and meet some people.

Uh... I work in cloud computing. Specifically, I'm working on OpenStack, OpenDaylight and Open vSwitch to help telcos make the jump to 5G. I do quite a lot of work, and meet quite a lot of people.
blackjack21 wrote:I was born here, raised here, and my family and friends are here--including a friend who is a grieving father of a young police officer who was shot and killed two days ago. Your condolences are duly noted. Maybe someday I'll move to Myanmar and bag on Canada in my spare time. Who knows?
I don't know you, nor your friend, so why should I offer my condolences to someone who is constantly rude and obnoxious to me? Attempting to guilt me for not offering my condolences is pretty lame.

Move wherever you want. Unlike you, I don't care, where you live. I was just asking why you lived in somewhere you considered a cesspool.

This is the internet, and location is pretty much irrelevant when talking on forums. I thought you'd be intelligent enough to realize that by now, but it appears that such is not the case.

You already "bag on Canada", so why bother moving? :knife:

Unlike @BigSteve, and maybe you, I actually like California. I've only been there a few times, but the people were nice.

What some of you right-wingers fail to realize is that I don't hate Americans. I dislike their federal government, their foreign policy, and the piece of shit POTUS.
@Godstud

Godstud wrote:Unlike @BigSteve, and maybe you, I actually like California. I've only been there a few times, but the people were nice.

What some of you right-wingers fail to realize is that I don't hate Americans. I dislike their federal government, their foreign policy, and the piece of shit POTUS.

Canada is awesome dude. I have a few Canadian friends who come down from Canada to visit me here in the southern US ever once and awhile. Folks in Canada are good people. I have always been very proud of my Canadian friends.
to dislike any part of the country strictly because their culture/politics differs from your own is inherently moronic. There good people who are "conservatives" and good people who are "liberals". This divide and conquer policy is precisely what the 1% plutocrats who control/own the government have their front man, Obese Donald, working hard at promoting every day. Every American coin has on it E. Pluribus Unum … "Out of many , one." Seems that Obese Donald, Sean, Rush and the gutless Republicans have made a farce of America's motto.
Godstud wrote:I don't know you, nor your friend, so why should I offer my condolences to someone who is constantly rude and obnoxious to me? Attempting to guilt me for not offering my condolences is pretty lame.

I'm not trying to guilt you. I'm just noting how you react or don't. It's not my loss. It's my friend's loss. You didn't spend time in grade school with him, know his family, etc. Neither did the governor of California, but at least he had the decency to acknowledge the horrible event. Even young women cops getting killed trying to protect women in domestic violence situations isn't too terribly interesting to social justice warriors like yourself. You were more or less the same way when Obama was stirring up shit to get cops killed. So I'm not surprised at all. However, unlike you, I actually do live here and was a childhood buddy of someone who just lost his police officer daughter. I do have a little more insight into what is going on here than you or Politics_Observer. I don't need heavily biased media articles (propaganda) to direct my thinking either. I see it with my own eyes.

My brother-in-law's ex wife's boyfriend just had his son killed too about two months ago not 15 minutes from where I live by freeway. The kid got into drugs and the wrong crowd. 22 years old. The killer was likely MS-13 taking care of unpaid drug bills. Lots of people saw it happen, but the cops couldn't get a statement out of anyone, because people are too afraid to testify for fear of getting killed. The cops really can't protect you, and if you use a gun to protect yourself from MS-13, it is YOU who will go to jail, not extremely violent members of a gang of illegal aliens selling drugs in California.

My next door neighbor is a cop. He will likely go out on full disability shortly. An arrestee nearly pulled his thumb off. After several surgeries and well over a year of rehab, he has near full use of his thumb and a 50+ pound grip, but he's in constant pain and if the nerve is hit he instantly loses his grip. So they won't trust him to make arrests. He's only in his early 40s.

Sure, California has some nice places and it's nice if you make a healthy six figure income like me, or if you're even richer still like someone who scored tens of millions or more in an IPO. That's not most Californians. They aren't suffering because people like me are exploiting them for peanuts. The higher paying manufacturing work went offshore, and goods come in here duty free--including a lot of drugs from Mexico.

Godstud wrote:Unlike @BigSteve, and maybe you, I actually like California.

Acknowledging California's decline over the last 30 years, and some of the causes of its decline, doesn't mean I hate California. I hate the policies of the people who have run it into the ground. I'm bemused by people who don't even live here who think that its decline is so wonderful.

Politics_Observer isn't old enough to know better. Yes, our entrepreneurs have found ways to get people like me to commute: Commuter Shuttles instead of having to take public mass transit with its attendant homeless, feces, urine, vomit (called "hot lunches" in the trade), etc. Wealthier Californians marhsall higher class transportation with wifi service to boot. A portfolio manager friend of mine does this now instead of BART. Yes, in high tech workplaces, they provide breakfast, lunch, and dinner made by chefs, and in some cases alcohol. If you work at a high tech campus, they will have doctors offices, dry cleaners, gyms, nap rooms and day care too. Yes, they do make you feel pretty special so that you never want to leave work except to go home or to a high class restaurant or on vacation or something. I understand a young Politics_Observer's wide eyed amazement at how some of us live. It should be perfectly obvious to you that I'm not a Marxist, so when I'm pointing out class distinctions it should be your clue that something is wrong here.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Considering that cheap immigrant labor is a driving factor in a lot of California business, and business nationwide, I think giving them healthcare is great. But I guess some people are just happier having an underclass of "scumbag vermin" who live in the shadows.

Obviously the solution is to give them citizenship AND healthcare.

If the US wants cheap immigrant labour, then set up a program to import them legally and give them work visas, so it's all on the books, the migrants are paying taxes and following the law, the employers are paying taxes and giving the migrants their proper benefits and legal protections and following the law.

Rewarding criminals by giving them healthcare and citizenship is ridiculous, & only encourages more people to break the same laws. Most of them should be removed. They were well aware of the consequences of breaking the law when they did so & we should stop feeling sorry for them. Local officials who do not follow federal laws & refuse to cooperate with federal officials should be arrested and charged.
@blackjack21

an underclass of "scumbag vermin"

"The correlation between crime [especially violent crime] and the amount of income inequality (as measured by the Gini coefficient) in any given country shows a strong and positive relationship."

Gary S. Becker (1974) Crime and Punishment: An Economic Approach

Income inequality in the U.S. is large, despite the U.S. having one of the highest levels of income per capita.

The Gini coefficient of the U.S. was 40.46 in 2010, very close to the average Gini coefficient of African countries.

:lol:
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

That's sort of the point I was trying to get it. […]

I doubt capitalism will even exist in a century[…]

I'm not American. Politics is power relations be[…]

@FiveofSwords If you want to dump some random […]