US threatens Europe - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Tintin Storm
US President Donald Trump has threatened to release «thousands» of Isis fighters held in Syria to Europe if their countries do not take back their citizens who went to join the terror group. He explained that Washington controls more than 2.5 thousand detained terrorists in Iraq and Syria with the citizenship of European countries. «If they do not pick them up, then we will probably have to release them» he explained. According to Trump, the militants were sent to France, Germany and other European countries. By the way it is not first time president has threatened to release the extremist fighters.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 36431.html

What do you think? Is it really possible? I think yes
By Hindsite
Tintin Storm wrote:US President Donald Trump has threatened to release «thousands» of Isis fighters held in Syria to Europe if their countries do not take back their citizens who went to join the terror group. He explained that Washington controls more than 2.5 thousand detained terrorists in Iraq and Syria with the citizenship of European countries. «If they do not pick them up, then we will probably have to release them» he explained. According to Trump, the militants were sent to France, Germany and other European countries. By the way it is not first time president has threatened to release the extremist fighters.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 36431.html

What do you think? Is it really possible? I think yes

It is only right for the European countries to take responsibility for their own citizens.
Hindsite wrote:It is only right for the European countries to take responsibility for their own citizens.

But what do you think... is it really possible? Trump`s actions with the terror organizations aimed at european countries
By Hindsite
Tintin Storm wrote:But what do you think... is it really possible?

It will be difficult for many of them to break away from left-wing globalist thinking, but the UK seems to be heading in the right direction now.
By Bob Miller
Hell yeah.. The U.S. withdrawal from the INF Treaty means that America wants to use this weapons. And maybe China is gonna be the first
By ThirdTerm

Trump's statements are somewhat vague but a counterterrorism coordinator says we need to prosecute ISIS leaders, fighters, financiers, and facilitators for the crimes they've committed after they are repatriated to their countries of origin such as Britain and France. Former IS fighters need to be put on trial in Europe and face life imprisonment on terrorism charges. There is no way they can be released without facing any charges for the crimes they've committed. I think IS brides who fled their countries to marry Islamic State fighters should stay in holding camps in Kurdish-controlled northern Syria so that they would not pose a security risk in Europe.

State Department counterterrorism coordinator Nathan Sales added that "the ISIS brand lives on around the world”.

He said: “ISIS branches and networks now span the African continent from east to west and north to south. They've increased the lethality of their attacks, they've expanded into new areas, and they've repeatedly targeted US interests.”

Like Mr Trump, he urged countries to take back and prosecute foreign fighters, adding: “Across the coalition, we need to prosecute ISIS leaders, fighters, financiers, and facilitators for the crimes they've committed.

“That includes building the law enforcement capacity of partner states that have the will to act but might lack the resources or expertise to do so. It also means repatriating and prosecuting foreign terrorist fighters.”

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/donald-trump- ... 58965.html
By Atlantis
ThirdTerm wrote:Trump's statements are somewhat vague but a counterterrorism coordinator says we need to prosecute ISIS leaders, fighters, financiers, and facilitators for the crimes they've committed after they are repatriated to their countries of origin such as Britain and France. Former IS fighters need to be put on trial in Europe and face life imprisonment on terrorism charges. There is no way they can be released without facing any charges for the crimes they've committed. I think IS brides who fled their countries to marry Islamic State fighters should stay in holding camps in Kurdish-controlled northern Syria so that they would not pose a security risk in Europe.

Repatriating active fighters while keeping their brides in prison camps in the ME seems contradictory.

I think IS fighters should be tried where they committed their crimes. To prosecute them far away under a different legal system and without access to all the witnesses and evidence is a guarantee for them getting off lightly with the help of lawyers. Having said that, the Kurds shouldn't be burdened with the costs. The combatant parties, first of all the US, should help the Kurds institute legal institutions and maintain prison facilities.

Alternately, an international court of justice should be put in place with international funding.
Iran is going to attack Israel

Iran's attack on the Zionist entity, a justified a[…]

No seems to be able to confront what the consequen[…]

https://twitter.com/i/status/1781393888227311712

I like what Chomsky has stated about Manufacturin[…]