Ukrainegate - Page 34 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Rancid
blackjack21 wrote:Yes. It's done through the General Services Administration.

So you are saying you trust the government bureaucracy?

If a democrat president did the same. Would you trust it?
By BigSteve
Rancid wrote:So you are saying you trust the government bureaucracy?

Yes and yes...
By Rancid
BigSteve wrote:Yes and yes...

Where does the deep state fit into all of this?
By blackjack21
Rancid wrote:
So you are saying you trust the government bureaucracy?

I've been through the MAS process, and it's transparent. If there were problems, we'd already here about it. Trump is not going to make money on the G8 coming to Doral. You could say there is an intangible value in that an historic gathering of people took place--e.g., Bretton Woods, for example. Financially, there is no windfall to Trump at all.

This is more like birtherism than it is about anything serious. It wouldn't surprise me if Trump does this stuff in part to exhaust his detractors.

If the democrat president followed the same process, I'd say the same thing. For example, I was never a sucker for birtherism, because it wouldn't matter where Obama was born. The fact that his mother was a citizen of the United States was enough to make him eligible for office. I think Obama wasn't forthcoming on the birth certificate issue for the same reason--to exhaust his political detractors with red herrings that ultimately could not hurt him.
By Rancid
blackjack21 wrote:I've been through the MAS process, and it's transparent. If there were problems, we'd already here about it. Trump is not going to make money on the G8 coming to Doral. You could say there is an intangible value in that an historic gathering of people took place--e.g., Bretton Woods, for example. Financially, there is no windfall to Trump at all.

This is more like birtherism than it is about anything serious. It wouldn't surprise me if Trump does this stuff in part to exhaust his detractors.

If the democrat president followed the same process, I'd say the same thing. For example, I was never a sucker for birtherism, because it wouldn't matter where Obama was born. The fact that his mother was a citizen of the United States was enough to make him eligible for office. I think Obama wasn't forthcoming on the birth certificate issue for the same reason--to exhaust his political detractors with red herrings that ultimately could not hurt him.

ok that's fine, so you trust the government. So as I said to BigSteve.

Where is the deep state in all of this?
By late
blackjack21 wrote:
Trump is not going to make money on the G8 coming to Doral.

But he might get it out of the red...

Seriously, that is kinda amazing, but not in a good way.
By BigSteve
Rancid wrote:Where does the deep state fit into all of this?

It doesn't...
By Rancid
BigSteve wrote:It doesn't...

If there was wrong doing on Binden's part, would you say that's a failure of the government you trust.?
By BigSteve
Rancid wrote:If there was wrong doing on Binden's part, would you say that's a failure of the government you trust.?

Are we still talking about the G8?

If you're talking about Biden, though, yeah, the government failed by allowing him to coerce the Ukranian government while standing idly by...
Last edited by BigSteve on 19 Oct 2019 17:09, edited 1 time in total.
By late
Finfinder wrote:
A U.S. State Department official told impeachment investigators on Tuesday that he raised concerns about Hunter Biden’s involvement in a Ukrainian natural gas company in 2015, telling one of then vice president Joe Biden’s staffers that the arrangement may constitute a conflict of interest, the Washington Post reported Friday.

Deputy Assistant Secretary of State George Kent testified that he worried Ukrainian officials would use Hunter Biden’s position at the company, Burisma Holdings, as an opportunity to influence his father.

That is a long standing problem.

Ukraine translated means borderland. They are stuck between Russia and the West.

Most of this sort of thing comes out of their energy sector. They try to buy influence by hiring people like Mannafort or Hunter Biden.

The way the rules stand, subsequent actions are what is relevant. Which is why Mannafort is in jail, and Hunter is not.

Speaking of jail, this means Guiliani is prob going be in one, eventually.
By SpecialOlympian
Rancid wrote:Where is the deep state in all of this?

The Deep State is everywhere. It's an invention of idiots to explain why Trump is unable to deliver.

Trump can not fail. He can only be failed. The same way 1 Degree would mourn how Trump, inexplicably, kept appointing fuck up morons who somehow kept giving him bad advice (that he always took).

The simplest explanation for Trump's failures is that reality did not change itself adequately enough to make him succeed. It is not Trump's fault.
By late
BigSteve wrote:
If you're talking about Biden, though, yeah, the government failed by allowing him to coerce the Ukranian government and standing idly by...

The IMF, the EU and the USA had been leaning on Ukraine for months to dump the chump.

Because that amount of pressure wasn't working, they sent in someone important to convey the message the West wasn't screwing around.

Admin Edit: Rule 2 Violation
By Finfinder
So Trump donating his presidential salary is just a diversion ?

News flash for everyone it probably wasn't Russia meddling in the US election more so than it was the Ukraine, just sayin.

late wrote:That is a long standing problem.

Ukraine translated means borderland. They are stuck between Russia and the West.

Most of this sort of thing comes out of their energy sector. They try to buy influence by hiring people like Mannafort or Hunter Biden.

The way the rules stand, subsequent actions are what is relevant. Which is why Mannafort is in jail, and Hunter is not.

Speaking of jail, this means Guiliani is prob going be in one, eventually.

You guys are hilarious you want to put your political rivals in jail and then make up the charges afterwards.
Communists!!!.

Rudi is not a dumb guy he has all sorts of info and he is just trickling it out. I'm pretty he has a few Aces in the hole. Stay tuned.
By late
Finfinder wrote:

News flash for everyone it probably wasn't Russia meddling in the US election more so than it was the Ukraine, just sayin.

I'm pretty he has a few Aces in the hole. Stay tuned.

We know, for a fact, that Russia was meddling in dozens of countries. We were one of them. Remind them they shouldn't pay in rubles if they want to be anonymous...

Russians call it Kompromat. He's one of their aces in a hole...
By blackjack21
Rancid wrote:ok that's fine, so you trust the government.

Trump is not making a fortune using his hotels or golf courses for government use. That's a fact. If you think otherwise, you can file a complaint. If competitors want to offer their facilities at cost, they could petition to do that too. Most people don't compete for unprofitable business.

Rancid wrote:Where is the deep state in all of this?

The deep state is generating propaganda and feeding it to news outlets to make it look like Trump is somehow violating the emoluments clause.

Rancid wrote:If there was wrong doing on Binden's part, would you say that's a failure of the government you trust.?

There was a conflict of interest that Biden himself should have acknowledged and avoided. We don't know yet if the law was broken, but we know that there was a serious conflict of interest and a use of US power to fire a prosecutor. That may be criminal, and it may not be. Investigating that incident restores faith in government.

late wrote:Which is why Mannafort is in jail, and Hunter is not.

Manafort didn't pay his taxes in 2012. That's why he's in jail. We still haven't verified things like whether Biden received $900k in compensation as was alleged, and whether he registered as a lobbyist for a foreign source.

late wrote:Speaking of jail, this means Guiliani is prob going be in one, eventually.

On what charges?

late wrote:The IMF, the EU and the USA had been leaning on Ukraine for months to dump the chump.

Yes, but only after the New York Times reported that they were investigating the company where Biden's son was on the board of directors.

late wrote:Because that amount of pressure wasn't working, they sent in someone important to convey the message the West wasn't screwing around.

Or... daddy came to the rescue. :lol:
By Finfinder
late wrote:We know, for a fact, that Russia was meddling in dozens of countries. We were one of them. Remind them they shouldn't pay in rubles if they want to be anonymous...

Russians call it Kompromat. He's one of their aces in a hole...

We know for a fact the Mueller report found no American colluded with the Russians, ( at least no Republicans) as the report was biased.
By late
Finfinder wrote:
We know for a fact the Mueller report found no American colluded with the Russians, ( at least no Republicans) as the report was biased.

Mueller said that if he thought Trump was innocent, he would have said so.

Not something he said.

What he did was lay the groundwork for court cases that could be prosecuted once Trump is no longer president.
By Finfinder
blackjack21 wrote:
She has over 20 people in districts Trump won, whose constituents don't want impeachment. Hence, she doesn't have the votes.

but also if they impeach Trump the Senate will hold a trial immediately and expose all the curruption from the Democrats trying to frame president Trump.

late wrote:Mueller said that if he thought Trump was innocent, he would have said so.

Not something he said.

What he did was lay the groundwork for court cases that could be prosecuted once Trump is no longer president.

You all move the goal posts so often you can't keep anyhting staright. :lol:
By late
Finfinder wrote:

You all move the goal posts so often you can't keep anything straight.

Thanks, that wasn't a classic, but it did make me smile.

Sorry that I have to keep saying this, but this is a lot like Watergate. That isn't moving goalposts, it's pointing out the obvious...

Indeed. It is strange, but they're all over the in[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Again, there is a difference between in situ concr[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ay43E94W58 :D […]

Safe zones are indeed not safe if Hamas takes over[…]