Ukrainegate - Page 64 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Hindsite
Atlantis wrote:A conflict of interest is no evidence for corruption. The smart thing to do if there appears to be a conflict of interest is to withdraw. That's what Hunter Biden has done.

This was reported by ABC News way back in 2014 as a conflict of interest and nothing was done then. Hunter Biden did not say he would withdraw until he recently came under more scrutiny, so he did not do the smart thing and neither did Joe Biden. It still needs to be investigated to make sure there was no corruption.

Atlantis wrote:He admitted to poor judgement.

He took the money for doing what? He did not say he would return the money. That needs to be investigated.

Atlantis wrote:Now we need to expect the president's family members to do the same and withdraw from their respective official functions.

They are doing it for free without any conflict of interest. Seems like a good deal for the tax payers to me.

Atlantis wrote:In particular Kushner needs to stop giving the green light for the Saudis to dismember journalists. Would you not agree? Or are you that biased?

No, I don't agree with your premise. Obviously, you are that biased.
By jimjam
All these Republicans complaining about Hunter Biden serving on the board of Burisma, when we have Jared and Ivanka sitting in the West Wing, doing what, exactly? Why are we paying Kushner? How does he get a security clearance, a diplomatic passport? Does he have ANY qualifications? What a joke this whole Trump show is! I am sick of it.
By late
jimjam wrote:
All these Republicans complaining about Hunter Biden serving on the board of Burisma, when we have Jared and Ivanka sitting in the West Wing, doing what, exactly? Why are we paying Kushner? How does he get a security clearance, a diplomatic passport? Does he have ANY qualifications? What a joke this whole Trump show is! I am sick of it.

Kushner routinely does the corruption that they pretend Joe Biden did.

The weird thing is that they like the corruption.
By Atlantis
President Donald Trump on Tuesday denied that he directed his personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani to go to Ukraine and seek out investigations on his behalf, contradicting his own words to the Ukrainian President in the White House released transcript of the July 25 call. Source

:lol:

With all the lies Trump is telling on a daily basis, it's virtually impossible not to contradict himself.
Last edited by Atlantis on 28 Nov 2019 10:46, edited 1 time in total.
By jimjam
Atlantis wrote::lol:

With all the lies Trump is telling on a daily basis, it virtually impossible not to contradict himself.

That's why his handlers will not let him testify under oath.
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:All these Republicans complaining about Hunter Biden serving on the board of Burisma, when we have Jared and Ivanka sitting in the West Wing, doing what, exactly? Why are we paying Kushner? How does he get a security clearance, a diplomatic passport? Does he have ANY qualifications? What a joke this whole Trump show is! I am sick of it.

Trump puts Kushner in charge of overseeing border wall construction: report

President Trump has put his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, in charge of overseeing the construction of the border wall, The Washington Post reported Monday.

Current and former administration officials told the Post that Kushner has taken the lead on the wall construction project, holding biweekly meetings covering the progress of the wall, contractor data, the location of the wall and how funding is being used.

Kushner is reportedly pressuring U.S. Customs and Border Protection and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to speed up the process of obtaining private land along the U.S.-Mexico border to build the wall.

The president’s son-in-law is reportedly pushing to get 450 miles of barriers along the border finished before the 2020 election.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... nstruction

What does Ivanka Trump do?

Ianka Trump became a full-time adviser to the President in March 2017 after informally advising her father, Donald Trump, during the first two months of his administration.

Recently, Ivanka Trump was instrumental in the administration's Women's Global Development and Prosperity (WDGP) initiative, which the President launched last month. She led the creation of the initiative, which has three pillars: education, promoting entrepreneurship and eliminating legal, regulatory, and cultural barriers to women's economic participation. The fund starts with an initial $50 million from USAID with the goal to empower 50 million women in developing countries by 2025.

She also helped roll out a more than $1 billion initiative with the World Bank in 2017 aimed at promoting women's entrepreneurship in developing countries. When World Bank President Jim Yong Kim stepped down, she was tasked with choosing his replacement.

She previously worked on the administration's push for tax reform, meeting with lawmakers and advocating for the child tax credit. Moving forward, she's making a push for paid family leave with lawmakers, holding meetings with Republican lawmakers and private sector leaders.

She has also supported her husband's efforts on criminal justice reform.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/06/politics ... index.html
By Hindsite
Zelenskiy Didn't Talk Quid Pro Quo With Trump

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy insisted again in a new interview that there was no quid pro quo with the Trump administration, although he added that strategic partners such as the U.S. and Ukraine should not hold back anything from each other.

Speaking with reporters from Time and European publications, Zelenskiy answered myriad questions about the U.S. aid that was held up earlier this year, Ukraine's peace talks with Russia, and more topics.

"Look, I never talked to [President Donald Trump] from the position of a quid pro quo. That's not my thing. … I don't want us to look like beggars. But you have to understand. We're at war," Zelenskiy said.

"If you're our strategic partner, then you can't go blocking anything for us. I think that's just about fairness. It's not about a quid pro quo. It just goes without saying."

Trump commented on Zelenskiy's interview in a Monday morning tweet, writing, "Breaking News: The President of Ukraine has just again announced that President Trump has done nothing wrong with respect to Ukraine and our interactions or calls. If the Radical Left Democrats were sane, which they are not, it would be case over!"

Seventeen Republicans on the House Judiciary Committee signed letter to Chairman Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y. that also was posted on Twitter.
They reminded Nadler of previous letters demanding that the Judiciary Committee provide President Trump with "the due process" not provided by the House Intelligence Committee and its chairman, Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., during its investigation phase that ended last month.

"Committee Republicans stand ready to work with you to address the above challenges," the lawmakers said.

"However, should you continue to pursue this 'impeachment inquiry,' and do so without regard for the fundamentally American principles of fairness and due process, we will resist vigorously.

"Our constituents deserve no less."
By noemon
ADMIN PA

The last page of this thread contained media that were breaking the server. To fix the issue the 5 posts of the last page as well as the last post of the previous page (jimjam's post) for a total of 6 posts have been nuked. Those of you who have been affected can make the posts again if you prefer but without any dodgy media. Apologies for the inconvenience.
By jimjam
WASHINGTON — About 90 minutes after President Trump held a controversial telephone call with President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine in July, the White House budget office ordered the Pentagon to suspend all military aid that Congress had allocated to Ukraine, according to emails released by the Pentagon late Friday.

A budget official, Michael Duffey, also told the Pentagon to keep quiet about the aid freeze because of the “sensitive nature of the request,” according to a message dated July 25.

:hmm:
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:WASHINGTON — About 90 minutes after President Trump held a controversial telephone call with President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine in July, the White House budget office ordered the Pentagon to suspend all military aid that Congress had allocated to Ukraine, according to emails released by the Pentagon late Friday.

A budget official, Michael Duffey, also told the Pentagon to keep quiet about the aid freeze because of the “sensitive nature of the request,” according to a message dated July 25.

:hmm:

That is more of your liberal fake news. None of it is accurate.
HalleluYah
By jimjam
Hindsite wrote:That is more of your liberal fake news. None of it is accurate.
HalleluYah

Thanks Rearview …… I'm counting on you bud. Looks like any news that makes Donald look bad is fake and any news that makes Donald look good is real is the rule of thumb I should be using. I like that …. real simple ….. requires little or no brain power.
By blackjack21
Stormsmith wrote:What are the Bidens allegedly quilty of doing, and please site your sources.

There are no charges against either Joe Biden or Hunter Biden at this point. However, there is reasonable cause for an investigation into their conduct. Joe Biden asserted to the Council on Foreign Relations that he got a prosecutor fired in exchange for loan guarantees. This is a possible violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, because the prosecutor was investigating the company where Biden's son worked.

Here's the BBC's digest of the issue with people claiming they haven't seen any evidence as to whether Biden was motivated to get the prosecutor fired to help his son:

So that's your standard left wing propaganda. They have to cop to Biden bragging about it, because it's on video. What they are trying to do is claim that there is no evidence. Maybe there is, and maybe there isn't. However, there is a reasonable basis to investigate. Democrats, on the contrary, are claiming that merely investigating Biden--because he is running for president--is an abuse of power.

John Solomon lays out what the president already knows--and what we don't know here: A dozen document troves that could change the Ukraine scandal if Trump released them

Obama administration tried to partner with Hunter Biden’s Ukrainian gas firm but was blocked over corruption concerns

Democrats are impeaching Trump for looking into this possible corruption at the highest levels of the Obama administration. In other words, impeachment itself is obstruction of justice.
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:Thanks Rearview …… I'm counting on you bud. Looks like any news that makes Donald look bad is fake and any news that makes Donald look good is real is the rule of thumb I should be using. I like that …. real simple ….. requires little or no brain power.

Yes, that is a good rule of thumb, if you would like to be right instead of wrong.
By jimjam
Hindsite wrote:Yes, that is a good rule of thumb, if you would like to be right instead of wrong.

Your boy Impeached President Trump has been complaining lately that his presidential turds have not been being flushed with great enough speed. Help me here Rearview …. this seems to be in a grey area. Would you call this fake or real news …… :?: .
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:Your boy Impeached President Trump has been complaining lately that his presidential turds have not been being flushed with great enough speed. Help me here Rearview …. this seems to be in a grey area. Would you call this fake or real news …… :?: .

I'd go with fake.
By jimjam
Pelosi could win by not allowing McConnell to vote on the impeachment and kill it. The longer she holds out, the more reporting will catch up to Trump. The story isn't going away, and it will only look worse and worse for him until the Senate finally does hold the trial.
By Stormsmith
Can you impeach senators who, say, admit to intending to break his/her oath and rig an election?
By Patrickov
Stormsmith wrote:Can you impeach senators who, say, admit to intending to break his/her oath and rig an election?
Following that route, we will probably be at a position where we need to punish voters who support these wicked people.

...Or maybe because there are many witnesses sayin[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

If the tunnels were built by Hamas openly, then th[…]

Sounds like perfect organized crime material ex[…]

Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last ye[…]