Ukrainegate - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Hindsite
B0ycey wrote:Or in laymen "Not a Genius".

You are or you are not. There is no near.

That is what you say.

How cyber-security firm CrowdStrike is linked to Trump’s call with Ukraine

CrowdStrike, the cyber-security firm retained by the Democratic National Committee to probe the hack of their computer servers during the 2016 election, received a passing mention in the transcript released Wednesday of a conversation between President Trump and his Ukrainian counterpart.

“I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike…,” Trump told President Volodymyr Zelensky, according to the document, which is not a verbatim recounting of the 30-minute phone call. “The server, they say Ukraine has it.

“There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation.”

The California-based firm traced the hacks of DNC servers during the contentious 2016 election back to a pair of hacker groups with suspected Russian ties.

The discovery was among the early smoke signals in what would explode into the years-long probe of foreign interference in the election, led by special counsel Robert Mueller.

“As you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine,” said Trump in the July 25 call, which came one day after Mueller testified before Congress.

“Whatever you can do, it’s very important that you do it if that’s possible.”

https://nypost.com/2019/09/25/how-cyber ... h-ukraine/
By SpecialOlympian
Today the White House:

Emailed all their talking points to the Dems.

Released a transcript verifying all the claims. This also included Trump looking into Seth Rich/Pizzagate conspiracy nonsense.

While meeting with a very confused Ukrainian president, Trump said Hillary's emails were in Ukraine.

Lmbo the best people. The best.
By Rancid
Istanbuller wrote:Can we decide who Trump is colluding with? The Russians or the Ukrainians?

All of the above. He's willing to cut a deal with whoever the fuck is willing to do something for him.
By Hindsite
Why Trump asked Ukraine’s president to look into CrowdStrike, a U.S. cybersecurity company that recently went public

CrowdStrike is a U.S-based security software vendor that went public in June and now has a market cap of $13.9 billion. The stock was down nearly 2% Wednesday after the release of the summary, but later recovered its losses.

Trump seems to be referring to CrowdStrike’s role in investigating the 2016 breach of the Democratic National Committee’s servers. Information from those servers were later leaked to the press, revealing confidential discussions among staffers running Hillary Clinton’s 2016 campaign and other information. The U.S. Department of Justice ultimately charged 12 Russian intelligence officers with hacking the servers to interfere with the presidential election.

Trump has previously suggested that the DNC should have turned over the email servers to the FBI instead of having CrowdStrike investigate, implying that the lack of cooperation should cast doubt on findings that the Russians helped him win the election.

In the phone call, Trump appears to be referencing the idea that the server is stored in the Ukraine. Trump previously told AP News that he “heard” that CrowdStrike was “owned by a very rich Ukranian,” although the company’s IPO filing says that the biggest shareholders are American venture capital backers including Warburg Pincus, Accel, and Alphabet’s CapitalG.

“With regards to our investigation of the DNC hack in 2016, we provided all forensic evidence and analysis to the FBI,” a CrowdStrike spokesperson said in a statement. “As we’ve stated before, we stand by our findings and conclusions that have been fully supported by the US Intelligence community.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/25/why-tru ... trike.html

Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump backfire
01/11/2017

Donald Trump wasn’t the only presidential candidate whose campaign was boosted by officials of a former Soviet bloc country.

Ukrainian government officials tried to help Hillary Clinton and undermine Trump by publicly questioning his fitness for office. They also disseminated documents implicating a top Trump aide in corruption and suggested they were investigating the matter, only to back away after the election. And they helped Clinton’s allies research damaging information on Trump and his advisers, a Politico investigation found.

A Ukrainian-American operative who was consulting for the Democratic National Committee met with top officials in the Ukrainian Embassy in Washington in an effort to expose ties between Trump, top campaign aide Paul Manafort and Russia, according to people with direct knowledge of the situation.

The Ukrainian efforts had an impact in the race, helping to force Manafort’s resignation and advancing the narrative that Trump’s campaign was deeply connected to Ukraine’s foe to the east, Russia.

Longtime observers suggest that the rampant corruption, factionalism and economic struggles plaguing the country — not to mention its ongoing strife with Russia — would render it unable to pull off an ambitious covert interference campaign in another country’s election. And President Petro Poroshenko’s administration, along with the Ukrainian Embassy in Washington, insists that Ukraine stayed neutral in the race.

Yet Politico’s investigation found evidence of Ukrainian government involvement in the race that appears to strain diplomatic protocol dictating that governments refrain from engaging in one another’s elections.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/ ... ire-233446
By blackjack21
jimjam wrote:Senate Republicans stuck up for themselves, and their institution, on Tuesday by joining unanimously with their Democratic colleagues to call on the president to stop stonewalling. They asked him to release to the relevant congressional committees the complaint from a whistle-blower that an inspector general had said raised an “urgent concern” about the president’s behavior.

Generally, IG reports have to be declassified before they can be released to Congress. Trump wasn't stonewalling anybody.

jimjam wrote:The rare display of institutional solidarity in defense of American democracy may prove ephemeral.

Yeah. The Senate defending democracy. :roll: They're defending a long-standing ex-member of the Senate. Clearly, it has Mitt "neocon" Romney upset. It makes me wonder what deals he's cut for his kids.

jimjam wrote:On the other hand, it can be hard to recognize turning points in the moment, and this week Mr. Trump’s outrages seemed to be stirring lawmakers from their state of political rigidity and passivity.

They're upset, because he's investigating them. That's pretty much what it amounts to.

jimjam wrote:Mitch McConnell, the Senate majority leader, publicly asserted that he had pushed for the funding for Ukraine and received no explanation for why it had been held up by the administration.

Getting money to the Ukraine isn't that important.

Hindsite wrote:They just want to see evidence to what actually happened and why. Apparently, President Trump has contacted the President of Ukraine to see if he objected to the release of the transcript of their conversation and has announced the release of the full unredacted transcript on Wednesday. So we will soon know the answers. The complaint by the so-called whistleblower, who had no first-hand knowledge, will also be released. So it looks like it is going to be much ado about nothing again.

Yeah. I read the transcript. I don't see any law being broken here at all.

Zionist Nationalist wrote:I prefer him over the usual boring hypocrite politicians like Macron,Obama,Merkel
they are just clones. almost never show their true faces.

That's the only "eyebrow raising" part, as he bashes Merkel and Macron. :lol:

Beren wrote:I guess Trump just showed his true face indeed when he blatantly threatened a foreign leader with withholding $400 million US government foreign aid to his country for dirt on one of his domestic political opponents via phone. :lol:

Trump didn't even mention any funding, nor did Zelensky. The call was one of congratulations.

Beren wrote:But you're absolutely right that Trump has failed to show any signs of any professionalism during his presidential tenure.

It's a good thing to have a citizen-led government as our forefathers intended, rather than professional politicians.

Beren wrote:He's an amateur indeed, I wonder though how it makes him any better.

It makes him more authentic than other politicians. I read the transcript, and I could pretty much hear his voice in my head. It's standard Trump. What the media cooked up was something totally different. The American people are going to look at this and wonder what the Democrats are talking about.

Rancid wrote:The hilarity here is that Trump supporters/defenders do not realize that Trump is using tactics (Ukrainegate as a big example) that the corrupt politicians in developing and 3rd world "shitholes" use.

A lot of places in America are like third world shitholes. San Francisco (Nancy Pelosi's congressional district) is a fantastic example of a blindingly stark contrast between the rich and the poor.

Rancid wrote:This behavior erodes that and opens the door to more corruption.

Now that we have the transcript, is there a particular sentence or paragraph in there that particularly bothers you?

late wrote:Nice, after all the bloviation, to see Trump admitting to High Crimes on tv...

What crime or crimes?

late wrote:He had already frozen military aid when he made the call.

Read the transcript. There's nothing in there about any quid-pro-quo. None.

late wrote:Fantasy Island may be a nice place to visit, but it's time to visit the real world.

Yes. Read the transcript and point out the things Trump said that you think are illegal, and then point to the relevant statutes or regulations please.

jimjam wrote:The Justice Department said Wednesday that Mr. Barr was unaware that Mr. Trump had told Mr. Zelensky that he would contact him. The department said that Mr. Barr has never spoken with Mr. Trump about working with Ukraine to investigate anything related to the Bidens and that he has never spoken with Mr. Giuliani about “anything related to Ukraine.”

So?

Political Interest wrote:And why does Biden's son have links to Ukraine?

The more explicit question is why does Hunter Biden get kicked out of the US military for cocaine use and then end up making $600k a year on the board of directors of a Ukrainian oil and gas firm when he has no experience with Ukraine and no experience with oil and gas? It seems like they could get somebody more qualified than the drug-addicted son of the Vice President of the United States, unless ...

Political Interest wrote:Does this mean that Ukraine is going to influence American elections?

I suspect it means they already influenced US policy, or US pols like Biden used US funds to shake down the Ukraine so his son could have a soft landing after his military career failed due to the use of illegal drugs--for which he was never charged or convicted as far as I know.

SpecialOlympian wrote:The best people. The best.

I'm pretty sure it was no accident. Trump is just kind of a cream puff when it comes to hiring neocons and Democrats.

Anyway, so far I don't see any reasonable basis to believe any crime has been committed. Once again, the media is wasting our time with fake news.
By Hindsite
SpecialOlympian wrote:While meeting with a very confused Ukrainian president, Trump said Hillary's emails were in Ukraine.

Trump said he heard that a Democratic National Committee’s server was in Ukraine, not Hillary's emails.
By Istanbuller
Rancid wrote:All of the above. He's willing to cut a deal with whoever the fuck is willing to do something for him.

If Trump was trying to get business deals with using his presidency, he would be already catched. There isn't anything impeachable.

Why don't you guys try to plays nicely and accept election result? Can't we see some maturity in you?
By Rancid
Istanbuller wrote:If Trump was trying to get business deals with using his presidency, he would be already catched. There isn't anything impeachable.

I didn't mean business deal. Clearly the deal he was trying to make was to sully is opponents.

Istanbuller wrote:Why don't you guys try to plays nicely and accept election result? Can't we see some maturity in you?

How was my statement "immature"? :?:
By jimjam
blackjack21 wrote:I don't see any law being broken here at all.

I think it goes without saying that you hate Nancy Pelosi's guts but she has had about 25 years experience either leading or associated with the House Intelligence Committee. You may want to contact her to inform her that no laws have been broken and that everything is just fine. No doubt she would appreciate your informed opinion. :lol: .
By Rancid
blackjack21 wrote:Now that we have the transcript, is there a particular sentence or paragraph in there that particularly bothers you?

A public official such as the president simply shouldn't have a dark cloud constantly over him. My point is, the bar should be high enough such that there isn't even a question at all.

Basically, a dark cloud should be grounds for disqualification to be president.

By accepting/allowing operation in a grey area , we are effectively saying fuck the integrity of the institutions of government. Hence, he's doing exactly what the presidents of other so called "shithole" nations do.

It's fine if you like this. Just pointing out that it's not good for long term stability/growth/prosperity, which is what we see in so many Latin American nations for example.
By Istanbuller
Rancid wrote:I didn't mean business deal. Clearly the deal he was trying to make was to sully is opponents.

That is politics. It was Trump opponents who started this. You don't leave any room for Trump to fight with other ways. Months and years of blackmailing and slandering of Trump by opponents bring US politics to right here.

How was my statement "immature"? :?:

It is entirely immature because you think that every person Trump is talking with is doing something corrupt. . Blaming on Trump does not have TV ratings anymore. People get bored of anti-Trump fake news.
By Presvias
Rancid wrote:All of the above. He's willing to cut a deal with whoever the fuck is willing to do something for him.

True, but true for all the other scumfucks as well:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/08/ ... qjMMpJ27pE

(shrugs)

A crappy right wing source but IIRC the first 2-3 claims check out.

Trump is still the biggest runcible twat of the lot though, a globbering hunk of kerriorhea and pish tittering about in his jimjams..
By Rancid
Istanbuller wrote:you think that every person Trump is talking with is doing something corrupt

When have I made that claim?

Istanbuller wrote:You don't leave any room for Trump to fight with other ways.

I don't? I'm not even sure what you are talking about. :?:

Presvias wrote:True, but true for all the other scumfucks as well:

Indeed, the difference here is Trump is doing far more limit pushing than anyone has in the past. This could set precedents that basically erode the government into an even bigger circus. This can't be good in the long term. But, whatever.
By blackjack21
jimjam wrote:I think it goes without saying that you hate Nancy Pelosi's guts but she has had about 25 years experience either leading or associated with the House Intelligence Committee. You may want to contact her to inform her that no laws have been broken and that everything is just fine. No doubt she would appreciate your informed opinion. :lol: .

She went forward with her phony press conference before they had even released a transcript. Now that it is out and I've read it (and presumably you have too), I've concluded it's just more fake news. Can you quote the part of the transcript where you think Trump broke a law? Any law?

Rancid wrote:Clearly the deal he was trying to make was to sully is opponents.

The transcript does not bear that out at all.

Rancid wrote:A public official such as the president simply shouldn't have a dark cloud constantly over him. My point is, the bar should be high enough such that there isn't even a question at all.

Basically, a dark cloud should be grounds for disqualification to be president.

That's precisely why the founders did not allow for political impeachments. They specifically mentioned treason, bribery or other high crimes and misdemeanors--meaning criminal activity in the discharge of ones office. There is virtually none.

It is no big feat for a committed political adversary to put a "dark cloud" over someone's head. That may bother you, but it doesn't bother me at all.

Rancid wrote:By accepting/allowing operation in a grey area , we are effectively saying fuck the integrity of the institutions of government.

There is no gray area. There is no violation of the law here to speak of. It is just fake news.

Rancid wrote:Hence, he's doing exactly what the presidents of other so called "shithole" nations do.

No. He's not. People who are trying to remove Trump from office are doing what shithole countries do. The so-called whistleblower didn't even hear the call.

Rancid wrote:It's fine if you like this. Just pointing out that it's not good for long term stability/growth/prosperity, which is what we see in so many Latin American nations for example.

Yes. That's why we need to defeat the establishment/deep state.

Rancid wrote:Indeed, the difference here is Trump is doing far more limit pushing than anyone has in the past.

Really? You mean Biden flying his son on Air Force II to China while he's negotiating with them and his son walks away with a billion dollars in investment funds from a state-affiliated bank for a hedge fund when he has no previous experience running a hedge fund isn't pushing any limits? Joe Biden is operating in good faith, and Hunter Biden is just one dumb lucky son of a bitch? Trump's curiosity about the matter, however, is criminal? Seriously? That's your position?
By Hindsite
Rancid wrote:When have I made that claim?

He said you "think" not that you made a claim. I believe when he said "you" he was also speaking generally about all the Democrats that hate President Trump, as you people all think alike.

There's nothing more progressive than supporting b[…]

https://twitter.com/TheBigDataStats/status/1399589[…]

A man from Oklahoma (United States) who travelled […]

That was weird

No, it won't. Only the Democrats will be hurt by […]