Ukrainegate - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Hindsite
#15036177
jimjam wrote:President Trump personally ordered his staff to freeze more than $391 million in aid to Ukraine in the days before he pressed the new Ukrainian president to investigate the Democrats’ leading presidential candidate.
Mr. Trump issued his directive to Mick Mulvaney, the acting White House chief of staff, who conveyed it through the budget office to the Pentagon and the State Department.

Mr. Trump issued his directive to Mick Mulvaney, the acting White House chief of staff, who conveyed it through the budget office to the Pentagon and the State Department. “No, I didn’t — I didn’t do it,” Mr. Trump told reporters. But just moments before, he suggested that there would be nothing wrong with linking American funding for Ukraine, a former Soviet republic that is fighting Russian-backed separatists, to a corruption inquiry about Mr. Biden and his family.

We have reached a tipping point. A new low. If there is any shred of checks and balances left, Congress needs to at least tame or better take this wannabe tyrant down. America's freedom and future deserves no less. Even if the GOP-infested Senate votes to acquit, this rogue regime needs to be exposed in all its corruption and utter incompetence.

The best, it seems, that pofo Obese Donald apologists seem to be able to offer in defense of the Fat Guy is something along the lines of "Hillary is worse" or "(insert name here) also was a lying piece of jet trash."

The readout of the call to Ukraine’s president will be written in Sharpie. no doubt :lol:

This looks like more left-wing fake news.
User avatar
By jimjam
#15036195
Senate Republicans stuck up for themselves, and their institution, on Tuesday by joining unanimously with their Democratic colleagues to call on the president to stop stonewalling. They asked him to release to the relevant congressional committees the complaint from a whistle-blower that an inspector general had said raised an “urgent concern” about the president’s behavior. The rare display of institutional solidarity in defense of American democracy may prove ephemeral. On the other hand, it can be hard to recognize turning points in the moment, and this week Mr. Trump’s outrages seemed to be stirring lawmakers from their state of political rigidity and passivity.

Mitch McConnell, the Senate majority leader, publicly asserted that he had pushed for the funding for Ukraine and received no explanation for why it had been held up by the administration.

Are the rats abandoning the ship :hmm: ?
By Hindsite
#15036205
jimjam wrote:Senate Republicans stuck up for themselves, and their institution, on Tuesday by joining unanimously with their Democratic colleagues to call on the president to stop stonewalling. They asked him to release to the relevant congressional committees the complaint from a whistle-blower that an inspector general had said raised an “urgent concern” about the president’s behavior. The rare display of institutional solidarity in defense of American democracy may prove ephemeral. On the other hand, it can be hard to recognize turning points in the moment, and this week Mr. Trump’s outrages seemed to be stirring lawmakers from their state of political rigidity and passivity.

Mitch McConnell, the Senate majority leader, publicly asserted that he had pushed for the funding for Ukraine and received no explanation for why it had been held up by the administration.

Are the rats abandoning the ship :hmm: ?

They just want to see evidence to what actually happened and why. Apparently, President Trump has contacted the President of Ukraine to see if he objected to the release of the transcript of their conversation and has announced the release of the full unredacted transcript on Wednesday. So we will soon know the answers. The complaint by the so-called whistleblower, who had no first-hand knowledge, will also be released. So it looks like it is going to be much ado about nothing again.
By Rugoz
#15036229
Trump: "You have to help me find dirt on the Dems"
Putin: "It's too risky this time, your security services are alert"
Trump: "Then I have to do it myself"
Putin: "At your own peril"
Trump: "Watch me"
User avatar
By Beren
#15036235
It would not be the best time to ask Putin to ask the Ukrainians for a favour anyway. The most amazing aspect of this story is though that Trump's still a bull in the china shop of international diplomacy.
#15036236
Beren wrote: The most amazing aspect of this story is though that Trump's still a bull in the china shop of international diplomacy.


I prefer him over the usual boring hypocrite politicians like Macron,Obama,Merkel
they are just clones. almost never show their true faces.
User avatar
By Beren
#15036252
Zionist Nationalist wrote:I prefer him over professional* politicians like Macron,Obama,Merkel
they are just clones. almost never show their true faces.

* Fixed for you

I guess Trump just showed his true face indeed when he blatantly threatened a foreign leader with withholding $400 million US government foreign aid to his country for dirt on one of his domestic political opponents via phone. :lol:
#15036254
Beren wrote:* Fixed for you

I guess Trump just showed his true face indeed when he blatantly threatened a foreign leader with withholding $400 million US government foreign aid to his country for dirt on one of his domestic political opponents via phone. :lol:



They are professional liars. Trump is not.
Trump doesn't like Ukraine and would withdraw all support for them if it was up to him because he knows that its a hopeless shithole
User avatar
By Beren
#15036256
Zionist Nationalist wrote:They are professional liars. Trump is not.

Even though he's an experienced and pathological one. :lol:

But you're absolutely right that Trump has failed to show any signs of any professionalism during his presidential tenure.
#15036257
Beren wrote:Even though he's an experienced and pathological one. :lol:


he is amateur compared to them.

these guys dont represent themselves they represent the deep state they have been trained to lie
User avatar
By Beren
#15036258
Zionist Nationalist wrote:he is amateur compared to them.

He's an amateur indeed, I wonder though how it makes him any better.

these guys dont represent themselves they represent the deep state they have been trained to lie

So Trump represents himself and not those who elected him or god forbid the American people as a whole?

Trump's just another politician, the only difference is that he's a botched one.
User avatar
By BigSteve
#15036259
Beren wrote:So Trump represents himself and not those who elected him or god forbid the American people as a whole?


At a minimum, he certainly does represent those who elected him...

Trump's just another politician, the only difference is that he's a botched one.


Kinda' makes you wonder: What does that say about the people who lost to him, or who will lose to him in 2020?
User avatar
By Beren
#15036260
BigSteve wrote:Kinda' makes you wonder: What does that say about the people who lost to him, or who will lose to him in 2020?

It rather makes me wonder whether what it says about the people that voted and/or will vote for him.
#15036261
Beren wrote:It rather makes me wonder whether what it says about the people that voted and/or will vote for him.


The people who voted for him did this for various reasons.

people got tired of mainstream politicians
User avatar
By Rancid
#15036262
The hilarity here is that Trump supporters/defenders do not realize that Trump is using tactics (Ukrainegate as a big example) that the corrupt politicians in developing and 3rd world "shitholes" use.

@BigSteve is apparently ok with the US turning in Mexico. Because one of the things that makes advanced nations what they are is strong institutions. This behavior erodes that and opens the door to more corruption.

You reap what you sow. :lol:
User avatar
By Beren
#15036264
Rancid wrote:The hilarity here is that Trump supporters/defenders do not realize that Trump is using tactics (Ukrainegate as a big example) that the corrupt politicians in developing and 3rd world "shitholes" use.

@BigSteve is apparently ok with the US turning in Mexico. Because one of the things that makes advanced nations what they are is strong institutions. This behavior erodes that and opens the door to more corruption.

You reap what you sow. :lol:

They oppose Latino immigrants the most, because they're mostly poor and there are too many of them, but they don't mind that the Trump saga could be a Latin American soap opera (or reality show). :lol:

Image
User avatar
By Rancid
#15036266
Beren wrote:They oppose Latino immigrants the most, because they're mostly poor and there are too many of them, but they don't mind that the Trump saga could be a Latin American soap opera (or reality show). :lol:


Exactly, this is the kind of tom foolery that is rampant in Latin America. It's one of the reasons pretty much all Latin American countries are stuck in the middle income trap. A large part of it is corruption. Their leaders do stupid shit just like Trump is doing now.

Of course, Trump supporters are too uneducated to see this.
User avatar
By Hong Wu
#15036278
Moving to the next country over from Russia, Democrats are going to have a vote over whether to impeach Trump for allegedly doing something that they admit they did. Their evidence is an anonymous source; Republicans are releasing transcripts and documents. The plot thickens, it's anyone's guess how this turns out.
User avatar
By Beren
#15036280
Ukrainegate will be as big compared to Russiagate as big Ukraine is compared to Russia. It was just a phone call to a foreign leader basically, however, interestingly enough, that's what's worth an impeachment according to Nancy Pelosi.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 67
Trump has been impeached

@Tainari88 I was thinking of these two models […]

Kobe Bryant

Kobe Bryant is dead age 41 and his 13 year old dau[…]

Dog lovers damage the planet

Well, darling, I have an update on Mouser the str[…]

@Tainari88 @blackjack21 Yeah, one of the thi[…]