Nine Americans killed in Mexican highway ambush - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Finfinder wrote:Do you even feel bad for the murdered people women children and babies or are you just trying to get your post count up ? Do you always take the drugs lords and the cartels side of the argument?

I don't think anyone on the pro-establishment left cares at all about this shooting which is why they are trying to shift the conversation to American gun owners, America's appetite for drugs and the speculation that the family may have been polygamists.

Also, it still doesn't appear that any action is going to be taken from the Trump administration on the murders or controlling the border.

To put this absurdity into perspective, the Obama administration was calling for military action in Syria after American-Israeli journalist Steven Sotloff was allegedly beheaded by ISIS.

But right here on the border of the US, drug cartels routinely behead people, kill journalists and politicians and no action is taken and only a few politicians are calling for action.
maz wrote:I don't think anyone on the pro-establishment left cares at all about this shooting which is why they are trying to shift the conversation to American gun owners, America's appetite for drugs and the speculation that the family may have been polygamists.

Well, the news on Mexican media is sad. The Mormons have left Mexico. They found it too dangerous and won't be willing to have their babies burned alive in order to prove to the cartels that they won't be intimidated.

The drug cartels will be emboldened now. I think some serious rooting out of these people will have to be done. Otherwise you are coping with a serious risk of losing control of many cities, towns and counties to the control of these psychotic individuals without any moral compass to speak of.

I read a long time ago about an issue similar to this one in Colombia in the 1990's. People got fed up with the blood bath drug cartels. They just put on some hoods and planned attacks on drug dealer properties. Shot them in the head systemically and then left notes saying in Spanish, "We won't tolerate your tyrannical killings for drugs in our communities. We will hunt you down. Your families are safe. But you the one making all these decisions to destroy our peace of mind will not be forgiven."

After about two dozen or so drug kingpins getting their heads shot off? Somehow they calmed the hell down and eventually everything sort of improved. All the way up until now when Colombia is much improved in quality of life.

I don't know what the Mexican government will do. They do need to emphasize jobs and stability and combating poverty.

But they need to start protecting people who stand up to these creeps. Or they will be losing whole cities (which they have already) to these people.

Corruption in gov't and political life is very very harmful in a society. The USA has it and is paying the price for it now. And so is Mexico.

AMLO is the first to do effective corruption rooting out. It is less than a year since he started and the change is talked about all over Mexico. But? Is it enough to stop these drug cartels? I honestly don't know if it is.

I would be scared of the Mexican people if I were a drug dealing murderer like El Rikin. I have never seen such angry folk over these crimes. They are PISSED off....
maz wrote:I don't think anyone on the pro-establishment left cares at all about this shooting which is why they are trying to shift the conversation to American gun owners, America's appetite for drugs and the speculation that the family may have been polygamists.

Also, it still doesn't appear that any action is going to be taken from the Trump administration on the murders or controlling the border.

To put this absurdity into perspective, the Obama administration was calling for military action in Syria after American-Israeli journalist Steven Sotloff was allegedly beheaded by ISIS.

But right here on the border of the US, drug cartels routinely behead people, kill journalists and politicians and no action is taken and only a few politicians are calling for action.

Look no further to their fake outrage about Trump and the Kurds in Syria all the while not taking credit for the fact Obama started all this. Far more North Americans are brutally murdered by Mexican drug cartels than terrorist. They say it's not a crisis at the border. I think its tough call for Trump we should have troops at the border but I don't think its a good idea to have troops in Mexico.
Finfinder wrote:Can you prove no drugs from Mexico go to Canada one of the largest consumers of Cocaine in the world?
Why does Canada have such a huge drug problem ?

This is a red herring.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring

A red herring is something that misleads or distracts from a relevant or important question.[1] It may be either a logical fallacy or a literary device that leads readers or audiences toward a false conclusion. A red herring may be used intentionally, as in mystery fiction or as part of rhetorical strategies (e.g., in politics), or may be used in argumentation inadvertently.

The term was popularized in 1807 by English polemicist William Cobbett, who told a story of having used a kipper (a strong-smelling smoked fish) to divert hounds from chasing a hare.

In this case, you are trying to distract us from the subject of causes of the border violence, and trying to get us to focus instead on Canada’s drug appetite.

Whether or not Canada loves getting high is not relevant to whether or not US addictions and guns fuel the border violence.

Do you even feel bad for the murdered people women children and babies or are you just trying to get your post count up ?

This is a red herring and an ad hominem.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Ad hominem (Latin for "to the person"),[1] short for argumentum ad hominem, typically refers to a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.[2] The terms ad mulierem[3] and ad feminam[4] have been used specifically when the person receiving the criticism is female.

Fallacious ad hominem reasoning is categorized among informal fallacies,[5][6][7] more precisely as a genetic fallacy, a subcategory of fallacies of irrelevance.

In this case, you are @ccusing me of being a heartless person.

Whether or not I am heartless is irrelevant to whether or not the border violence is caused by US demand for cocaine, and US supply of guns.

Do you always take the drugs lords and the cartels side of the argument?

This is a strawman.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

A straw man is a form of argument and an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent.[1] One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man".

The typical straw man argument creates the illusion of having completely refuted or defeated an opponent's proposition through the covert replacement of it with a different proposition (i.e., "stand up a straw man") and the subsequent refutation of that false argument ("knock down a straw man") instead of the opponent's proposition.[2][3] Straw man arguments have been used throughout history in polemical debate, particularly regarding highly charged emotional subjects.

I never claimed or implied that I support the drug cartels in this. You made that up.
Pants-of-dog wrote:This is a red herring.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring

A red herring is something that misleads or distracts from a relevant or important question.[1] It may be either a logical fallacy or a literary device that leads readers or audiences toward a false conclusion. A red herring may be used intentionally, as in mystery fiction or as part of rhetorical strategies (e.g., in politics), or may be used in argumentation inadvertently.

The term was popularized in 1807 by English polemicist William Cobbett, who told a story of having used a kipper (a strong-smelling smoked fish) to divert hounds from chasing a hare.

In this case, you are trying to distract us from the subject of causes of the border violence, and trying to get us to focus instead on Canada’s drug appetite.

Whether or not Canada loves getting high is not relevant to whether or not US addictions and guns fuel the border violence.

This is a red herring and an ad hominem.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Ad hominem (Latin for "to the person"),[1] short for argumentum ad hominem, typically refers to a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.[2] The terms ad mulierem[3] and ad feminam[4] have been used specifically when the person receiving the criticism is female.

Fallacious ad hominem reasoning is categorized among informal fallacies,[5][6][7] more precisely as a genetic fallacy, a subcategory of fallacies of irrelevance.

In this case, you are @ccusing me of being a heartless person.

Whether or not I am heartless is irrelevant to whether or not the border violence is caused by US demand for cocaine, and US supply of guns.

This is a strawman.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

A straw man is a form of argument and an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent.[1] One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man".

The typical straw man argument creates the illusion of having completely refuted or defeated an opponent's proposition through the covert replacement of it with a different proposition (i.e., "stand up a straw man") and the subsequent refutation of that false argument ("knock down a straw man") instead of the opponent's proposition.[2][3] Straw man arguments have been used throughout history in polemical debate, particularly regarding highly charged emotional subjects.

I never claimed or implied that I support the drug cartels in this. You made that up.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Maybe you US folks should stop doing so much cocaine.

This is your contribution to this topic.

This is an example of all those things you claim so please stop projecting and trolling on this thread. Let everyone know if you have any intellect to offer on this subject going further.

Have a great day!!
It is a fact that the violence along the border is caused, in part, by cartels fighting over the smuggling routes used to bring cocaine into the USA.

But maybe these guys were killed for being polygamists. Some of these Mormon sects do some pretty gross arranged marriages between very young females and very old men.

The only people creating an unsafe situation on c[…]

how 'the mismeasure of man' was totally refuted.[…]

I saw this long opinion article from The Telegraph[…]

It very much is, since it's why there's a war in t[…]