Trump fires Navy secretary; brags about it on the campaign trail - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Navy secretary Richard Spencer forced out after Donald Trump's objection over handling of Navy SEAL war crimes case

The dude is hilarious. While Washington is falling all over the former Navy Secretary, Trump is bragging about firing the guy and pardoning the Navy SEALs. He blasts the JAG officers as people in air conditioned offices complaining. The dude is a freaking genius.

A few minutes later, he calls impeachment "bullshit" again. The crowd roars.
blackjack21 wrote:The dude is hilarious. While Washington is falling all over the former Navy Secretary, Trump is bragging about firing the guy and pardoning the Navy SEALs. He blasts the JAG officers as people in air conditioned offices complaining. The dude is a freaking genius.

I agree that President Trump is a genius. The Secretary of Defense was claiming he fired the Navy Secretary on the news I saw. Perhaps that was at the direction of President Trump.

blackjack21 wrote:A few minutes later, he calls impeachment "bullshit" again. The crowd roars.

That is because it is bullshit.
How about a "Special Warfare Insignia" Designed especially for The Obese One: two bone spurs with a dollar sign between them :lol:

blackjack21 wrote:The crowd roars.

Where was this crowd? Madison Square Garden? Somewhere in California? Or the usual highly scripted/produced red beanie show somewhere out in dimwit land where folks think giant tax cuts for billionaires will "trickle down" to them while they are bankrupted by the American medical industry? :lol:
Trump's absolutely correct.

We send highly trained warriors in to do a job that only a handful of people can do, and then when they do something we don't like we bust them, strip them of their rank and imprison them?

No, that's wrong.

Eddie Gallagher may have used poor judgement in posting for a picture with a dead terrorist scumbag, but that's not deserving of the ridiculous punishment awarded to him. It's heartening to see that we finally have a Commander In Chief who truly respects our military and the job we ask them to do, and will not hesitate to step in and make things right...
jimjam wrote:Where was this crowd? Madison Square Garden? Somewhere in California? Or the usual highly scripted/produced red beanie show somewhere out in dimwit land where folks think giant tax cuts for billionaires will "trickle down" to them while they are bankrupted by the American medical industry? :lol:

It was a 21,000 people crowd in Florida. You can read a little about it here from one of the Democrat news networks:
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-d ... d=67347844

Of course, they pretend they don't get the joke and try to make him seem like a bad person. Typical fake news.
Hindsite wrote:The Secretary of Defense was claiming he fired the Navy Secretary on the news I saw. Perhaps that was at the direction of President Trump.

That appears to be the case. The interesting thing is that the people opposing Trump are ignoring prosecutorial misconduct on the part of the JAG corps.

jimjam wrote:Or the usual highly scripted/produced red beanie show somewhere out in dimwit land where folks think giant tax cuts for billionaires will "trickle down" to them while they are bankrupted by the American medical industry?

In Florida, where you maintain a residence, and where there is no state income tax... :excited:

BigSteve wrote:We send highly trained warriors in to do a job that only a handful of people can do, and then when they do something we don't like we bust them, strip them of their rank and imprison them?

For taking a selfie? That sounds a bit excessive. I get a bit tired of all the "values" people with this stuff.

BigSteve wrote:Eddie Gallagher may have used poor judgement in posting for a picture with a dead terrorist scumbag, but that's not deserving of the ridiculous punishment awarded to him.

Yea. I can see 5 mile runs for a week or something, but years in prison? Makes no sense.

Mona Charen goes on a bizarre pro-Israel tirade in opposing Trump's actions: Trump’s War-Crimes Pardons Weaken Our Military’s Moral Fiber

First, I find it bizarre that anyone can be talking about moral fiber while insisting on homosexuals and transgenders in the military. Exactly what are their source of morals? It's certainly not Judeo-Christian texts. Here's how her bizarre article starts:

Mona Charen wrote:People often offer cynical interpretations of American support for Israel. It’s the malign influence of the Jewish lobby, or Israel is a colonial outpost of the American hegemon, or Israel has brainwashed American policymakers. What these right-wing conspiracists, anti-Semites, and committed leftists miss is that there really isn’t any mystery about the bond between the U.S. and Israel. U.S. support for Israel, and vice versa, has been based on shared values.

Bizarro.

Mona Charen wrote:War crimes and abuses are part of war. No country is pure. What distinguishes the good guys from the bad is how the nation responds to those transgressions.

Well... it's one of the things. Taking people's property doesn't usually endear them to you--even if you prosecute your most vicious soldiers.

Mona Charen wrote:We are at our best when we refuse to countenance crimes by our own.

(cough, cough, Hillary Clinton, cough, cough)

Military judge removes prosecutor accused of misconduct in Navy SEAL murder trial
At a hearing on the matter Friday, prosecutor Lt. Scott McDonald claimed the tracking effort was to collect data such as IP addresses, which have no expectation of privacy, and was not meant to snoop on the content of the emails.

"We're talking about raw data," said McDonald, who argued that "even if there was some intrusion" in violation of attorney-client privilege, it didn't rise to the level necessary to dismiss the case.

But, Rugh chided Navy investigators who refused to testify Friday about who authorized the tracking scheme, saying the "lack of candor or cooperation in this process, I think, could be huge as a sign of culpability." The defense discovered the tracking code hidden in a suspicious logo of an American flag with a bald eagle perched on the scales of justice beneath Czaplak's signature.

Obviously, there are problems in the JAG Corps that Charen doesn't want to talk about.

His platoon supervisor, Lt. Jacob Portier, has been fighting charges of conduct unbecoming an officer for allegedly conducting Gallagher's re-enlistment ceremony next to the militant's corpse.

:roll: These guys have been watching way too much TV. I think it's time for the JAG Corps to move to the front lines. Before each new case, a JAG prosecutor should have to go out on patrol so they aren't trying to uphold some Hollywood fiction of a sanitized military, but instead have deeper experience with realistic scenarios.
blackjack21 wrote:

First, I find it bizarre that anyone can be talking about moral fiber while insisting on homosexuals and transgenders in the military. Exactly what are their source of morals?

You get so many things wrong, I'm on sort of a diet. Ironic, considering the day.

George Washington hired a gay German to turn his rabble into an army.

They also produced the principles that would become the UCMJ. For example, no torture.

That's what morality looks like, that's what gays in the military looks like, and that's what stupid looks like.
late wrote:They also produced the principles that would become the UCMJ. For example, no torture.

What??

So, we have transgenders and gays to thank for the Uniform Code of Military Justice?

Exactly how were transgenders involved in producing the principle of no torture?

Eagerly awaiting your response...
late wrote:You need a counterargument, which you do not have.

I'm asking for clarification. That's hardly unusual when adults have discussions.

If you're incapable of providing it, or you're not an adult, that's fine. Just say so. But all I'm doing is asking you to clarify your comment.

And before you come back with some stupid comment which will almost beg to be mocked, understand that you have no idea what my stance is on gays and transgenders in the military and, if you were to guess, you'd probably be wrong...
late wrote:You get so many things wrong, I'm on sort of a diet. Ironic, considering the day.

Ultimate non-sequitur, but okay. I'm suffering from norovirus myself.

late wrote:George Washington hired a gay German to turn his rabble into an army.

Friedrich von Steuben was accused, but never investigated or tried for being a homosexual by a rival back in Europe.

late wrote:They also produced the principles that would become the UCMJ. For example, no torture.

That's military law, not morality.

late wrote:That's what morality looks like, that's what gays in the military looks like, and that's what stupid looks like.

Uh, the UCMJ prohibited homosexuality (as behavior, not identity) for most of its history. It's law, not morality.
blackjack21 wrote:Uh, the UCMJ prohibited homosexuality (as behavior, not identity) for most of its history. It's law, not morality.

Exactly.

This is yet another example of late demonstrating that he just doesn't know what he's talking about and, instead of offering some clarification, he just belches up "You have no argument! You have no argument!" like some bad Rainman imitation...
blackjack21 wrote:
1) Ultimate non-sequitur, but okay. I'm suffering from norovirus myself.

2) Friedrich von Steuben was accused, but never investigated or tried for being a homosexual by a rival back in Europe.

3) That's military law, not morality.

4) Uh, the UCMJ prohibited homosexuality (as behavior, not identity) for most of its history. It's law, not morality.

1) It wasn't really for you.

2) "Historians also think he was homosexual—and served as an openly gay man in the military at a time when sex between men was punished as a crime."
https://www.history.com/news/openly-gay-revolutionary-war-hero-friedrich-von-steuben

3) That's morality that became law.

4) You really can't stand losing, but you can't walk away from the crap you love, even though it leaves you neck deep in ordure. (Translation: what you said wasn't relevant)
late wrote:1) It wasn't really for you.

2) "Historians also think he was homosexual—and served as an openly gay man in the military at a time when sex between men was punished as a crime."
https://www.history.com/news/openly-gay-revolutionary-war-hero-friedrich-von-steuben

3) That's morality that became law.

4) You really can't stand losing, but you can't walk away from the crap you love, even though it leaves you neck deep in ordure. (Translation: what you said wasn't relevant)

Just found this video of late responding to texts on PoFo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L0wJmE1Z6c
Richard Spencer the former Secretary of The Navy who was fucked in the ass by Private Bone Spurs had this to say:

“This was a shocking and unprecedented intervention in a low-level review,” Spencer wrote. “It was also a reminder that the president has very little understanding of what it means to be in the military, to fight ethically or to be governed by a uniform set of rules and practices.

But, this is all unimportant. What is important is that Donald's Red Beanie Brigade got to bask in the brilliance of Con Job Don and get together in a big crowd to do some screaming. Simple things for simple minds, an old story that Con Job Don knows well.
late wrote:Not hard to tell when you've run out of things to say worth saying.

There's no need for me to say anything meaningful to you.

Your absolute inability to offer some simple clarification is proof that you're not up to having any meaningful dialog.

I'm interested to know why you believe transgender people helped produce "the principles that would become the UCMJ. For example, no torture."

That's a pretty simple question, yet it's one which you apparently possess a profound inability to answer...
jimjam wrote:“This was a shocking and unprecedented intervention in a low-level review,” Spencer wrote. “It was also a reminder that the president has very little understanding of what it means to be in the military, to fight ethically or to be governed by a uniform set of rules and practices.

Richard Spencer needs to bear in mind that the scumbag Gallagher posed for a picture with was a member of an organization which would behead people or put them in cages and then set them on fire.

There's no place for ethics or rules when you fight such vermin, because they're animals at their core and do not subscribe to the rules of war...
BigSteve wrote:
There's no place for ethics or rules when you fight such vermin, because they're animals at their core and do not subscribe to the rules of war...

You babble.

Rules for war was an American idea. It's our thing, it's always been ours, Washington started it.

But most importantly, it's for us. We don't do this for them, it's to create a world where our people will be treated decently. Even if we're not there yet.

Which raises an interesting point. In issue after issue, you have no interest in American values, principles, ideals.
late wrote:You babble.

Rules for war was an American idea. It's our thing, it's always been ours, Washington started it.

[rule 2 violation deleted - Prosthetic Conscience]

Washington did not start the rules of war. In fact, he routinely allowed them to be broken by certain factions fighting against the Crown. During the Revolutionary War, the British army often took umbrage with how the militia would fight in a manner which was, to the Redcoats, offensive to the rules of war.

Regardless, ISIS terrorists are absolute scum, and they need to be treated as such...

No it doesn't. Nazis killed 30 Frenchmen fo[…]

The Donbas fortifications have been incredibly su[…]

@litwin is clearly an Alex Jones type conspir[…]

It is true that the Hindu's gave us nothing. But […]