Education - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Politics_Observer
@Rancid

Check this out dude. If you are a Linux user like myself, you can install PowerShell on the Linux command shell with the command: "snap install powershell --classic . " If you are running Linux Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS like I am, before you can install PowerShell on the Linux command line you will need to first unlock your root account with the command from a user account with sudo privileges (root comes locked when you first install Linux Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS). That command to unlock the root account is "sudo passwd -u root." You can then use install PowerShell using the above command "snap install powershell --classic" given you unlocked the root account and set a password for it.

Once you have PowerShell installed, I highly recommend that you re-lock the root account with the command "sudo passwd -l root" for security reasons. You can then practice and run PowerShell as much as you want from the Linux Ubuntu command line by simple typing in "powershell" and you will go into a PowerShell prompt to execute PowerShell commands. You can also type "exit" at the PowerShell prompt to exit out of PowerShell and go back into Bash Shell. Here is a link that you can examine that discusses installing PowerShell from the Linux Ubuntu command line: https://vitux.com/how-to-install-micros ... on-ubuntu/ .

PowerShell is useful to know if you ever end up having to administer a Windows Active Directory domain. Plus sometimes a Linux Samba server is added to a Windows Active Directory domain as well as part of security measures to prevent a whole network from being taken down from malware or network attack. That and you rig up a Linux Samba server to act as a domain controller in a Windows Active Directory domain. You can check out this link here that discusses this: https://blog.ricosharp.com/posts/2019/S ... -04-Server
By Rancid
Politics_Observer wrote:@Rancid

Check this out dude. If you are a Linux user like myself, you can install PowerShell on the Linux command shell with the command: "snap install powershell --classic . " If you are running Linux Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS like I am, before you can install PowerShell on the Linux command line you will need to first unlock your root account with the command from a user account with sudo privileges (root comes locked when you first install Linux Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS). That command to unlock the root account is "sudo passwd -u root." You can then use install PowerShell using the above command "snap install powershell --classic" given you unlocked the root account and set a password for it.

Once you have PowerShell installed, I highly recommend that you re-lock the root account with the command "sudo passwd -l root" for security reasons. You can then practice and run PowerShell as much as you want from the Linux Ubuntu command line by simple typing in "powershell" and you will go into a PowerShell prompt to execute PowerShell commands. You can also type "exit" at the PowerShell prompt to exit out of PowerShell and go back into Bash Shell. Here is a link that you can examine that discusses installing PowerShell from the Linux Ubuntu command line: https://vitux.com/how-to-install-micros ... on-ubuntu/ .

PowerShell is useful to know if you ever end up having to administer a Windows Active Directory domain. Plus sometimes a Linux Samba server is added to a Windows Active Directory domain as well as part of security measures to prevent a whole network from being taken down from malware or network attack. That and you rig up a Linux Samba server to act as a domain controller in a Windows Active Directory domain. You can check out this link here that discusses this: https://blog.ricosharp.com/posts/2019/S ... -04-Server

Oh, I didn't know you can get PowerShell on Linux. That's cool. I know a lot of people think the Linux shell feature built into Windows is cool.
By Politics_Observer
@Rancid

To me, having the Linux feature built into Windows 10 doesn't seem like a big deal. I guess you can run a few Linux commands off of it for fun. Perhaps you can even run Linux commands on your Linux command line that is installed on Windows to interact with your Windows file system. I would think they would make that possible. I have it installed on my Windows partition of my dual boot laptop but I haven't used it much.

I am new to PowerShell so when I get a chance, I try to learn as much as I can about PowerShell but I am not fluent in it as I am in Bash Shell and Python. My instructor is fluent in PowerShell and I am taking his Windows Active Directory classes and learning how to administer Active Directory domains. I am also taking my last class in Linux this semester and have taken plenty in Linux as well as a Bash shell scripting class. I also had to learn Python in my classes too and took it upon myself to practice a good deal of Python on my own outside the classroom.

That being said, we are not learning PowerShell. I have written the department head about the need for a PowerShell class. So, I have bought books on PowerShell and plan to study it over the Christmas holidays. PowerShell is something rather new to many System Administrators and programmers it seems. But, yup, you can install and use it on Linux free of charge. Microsoft I think, don't quote me on it now, I think has been offering it under an open source license but I could be wrong. I would have to double check that to be sure. But you can certainly install PowerShell on Linux and work with it.

Edit:

@Rancid

So, I just got off the phone with one of my professors and he was telling me on the Windows side of the house, you can use the Linux Bash Shell to interact with your Windows directories and files. Given that is the case, it would seem likely you could probably write Linux Bash shell scripts to administer some of the more recent Windows operating systems and Windows Server operating systems like Windows Server 2019 for example and maybe even Windows Server 2016. The Bash Shell scripts could probably be used in Windows Active Directory domains though I can't say for sure. On the same token, given that you can use PowerShell in Linux, you could probably use PowerShell to administer Linux servers, networks and/or desktop computers.

Edit2:

@Rancid

Check this out Rancid, don't mean to badger you too much. I tested out what my professor told me and he was correct. You can navigate your Windows directories using Bash Shell. You can hit the Windows key on your keyboard if you have one and then type in "Bash" and "Bash.exe" will show up. Click on it and it should put you right into your Windows directory to where you can execute Bash shell commands on your Windows operating system on your Windows directories.

If you have the Ubuntu Linux on your task bar of Windows, when you click on it, you will have to execute the "cd /mnt/c" command to change directories into your Windows directory files. Otherwise, you will be in Linux file system setup. That could confuse people, but by executing "cd /mnt/c" you can get in your Windows directory files if you start Linux Ubuntu command line window from your task bar. You can also choose to set up Red Hat based Linux distributions like SUSE on Windows 10 and several other different distributions. That's pretty cool man! I like this!

I seems like this would enable those fluent in Bash Shell to administer a Windows Active Directory domain using Bash Shell and writing Bash Shell scripts despite the fact you are dealing with Windows operating systems. You could probably do the same thing with PowerShell to help administer Linux operating systems in a predominantly Linux network or on Linux servers. So you can see where Microsoft has been trying to work with Linux.
By Varannal
I agree with your opinion absolutely. Speaking of technological progress in education, it is quite impressive. This is a very progressive phenomenon. In general, I get high from the time I live in, because now with the help of the thing that always lies in your pocket you can do so many useful things. There are many educational applications, applications that help you write different types of text work that you need to do in college or university. There are also online resources that can provide professional assistance in writing works and write my thesis for me. For example, I am currently writing thesis and collaborating with thesis paper writing service edusson. They help me a lot at a bargain price.

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]