House Draws Up Completely Lame Articles of Impeachment: Abuse of Power; Obstruction of Congress - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
‘We must act;’ Democrats unveil Trump impeachment charges
These guys got schooled. They are afraid to go forward with any of the Russia stuff they lied about for years. They are afraid to go forward with "bribery" or "extortion." They are trying to play it safe, but there is a big problem:

1. Abuse of Power is not a crime.
2. Obstruction of Congress isn't ripe, because the Democrats did not go to the court to adjudicate on executive privilege.

This is what they came up with after years and years of bullshit?
It truly is a sad state of affairs for the democrats.

At this point, if they go ahead and send it to the Senate, they'll be eviscerated, and justifiably so. But if they stop short of that and opt for a censure, they force themselves into a position where, despite telling the American public for three years otherwise, they have nothing on which to base an impeachment. Everything they said for three years will be treated as lies. Again, justifiably so.

The democrats are fucked six ways to Sunday. The most impressive part is that they did it all on their own...
Thanks for the laugh.

The House will impeach him.
" Impeachment does not in itself remove the official definitively from office; it is similar to an indictment in criminal law, and thus it is essentially the statement of charges against the official."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment

If I had to guess, I'd say Republican cheating had a teensy little to do with the trouble the country is in...
SpecialOlympian wrote:"Daddy did nothing wrong. Daddy can do no wrong."

-PoFo's chud boomers for the next dozen or so pages, but in slightly different ways.

Yet @Late is the best and brightest you have here on POFO to front run this. Where is everyone coming to his defense? :lol:

BTW Trump has 170 life time judge appointments and counting. Now that is a insurance policy within the rules.
First off it wasn't wrong. Also I don't want to talk about what it was, but it wasn't wrong. Lets never discuss this supposed crime, which wasn't wrong, again.

Second, the process for determining the thing that Trump did was wrong was bad. The process was bad an unfair. This alone exonerates my strong daddy. I think Jim Jordan said it best during the hearings: "I rape children. I love raping children an this process is unfair."

Third, these charges?!? Look at this!

*Gestures to tiny model of the Judicial Committee chambers*

Zoolanderishly: What are these!? Charges for ants!? How is the president even supposed to fit inside the chamber!?
blackjack21 wrote: Abuse of Power is not a crime.

Absolutely!! I LOVE abuse of power. Hitler was way misunderstood. He was just a cool dude doing his thing.

blackjack21 wrote:Democrats did not go to the court

Right on! I have very limited powers of thinking …. so ….. I let America's court system and Obese Donald's personal lawyer, Obese Billy Barr, do all my thinking for me …… :?: .
Finfinder wrote:Yet @Late is the best and brightest you have here on POFO to front run this. Where is everyone coming to his defense? :lol:

BTW Trump has 170 life time judge appointments and counting. Now that is a insurance policy within the rules.

Finfinder is extremely smart in that he:

-Definitely understands how federal judges affect the impeachment process, and believes they are "insurance."

-Believes the Heritage Foundation psychos who occupy those judgeships have his best interests at heart, or even similar interests.

-This how Finfinder change narrative?
SpecialOlympian wrote:First off it wasn't wrong. Also I don't want to talk about what it was, but it wasn't wrong. Lets never discuss this supposed crime, which wasn't wrong, again.

Second, the process for determining the thing that Trump did was wrong was bad. The process was bad an unfair. This alone exonerates my strong daddy. I think Jim Jordan said it best during the hearings: "I rape children. I love raping children an this process is unfair."

Third, these charges?!? Look at this!

*Gestures to tiny model of the Judicial Committee chambers*

Zoolanderishly: What are these!? Charges for ants!? How is the president even supposed to fit inside the chamber!?

What charges there hasn't been a charge in 4 years and they talked about impeaching him before (if) he was elected. Apparently the moral of the story is Democrats plan in the future on impeaching every opposition party president simply because they can. Stick a fork in the Democrats as we know them, they are done, have zero credibility.

BTW this is how I know I have won, you continually bring up a post (not even my work) and btw one of the first posts I made on POFO almost 3 years ago. It warms my heart that I have resided in the head of the great Special Olympian since day 1 on POFO. Maybe some day down the road you can make a post about a topic instead of the poster but then again the facts never seem to be on your side.
Last edited by Finfinder on 10 Dec 2019 18:01, edited 1 time in total.
Finfinder wrote:What charges there hasn't been a charge in 4 years and they talked about impeaching him before (if) he was elected. Apparently the moral of the story is Democrats plan in the future on impeaching every opposition party president simply because they can. Stick a fork in the Democrats as we know them, they are done, have zero credibility.

SpecialOlympian wrote:"Daddy did nothing wrong. Daddy can do no wrong."

-PoFo's chud boomers for the next dozen or so pages, but in slightly different ways.
late wrote:If they were, I'd have predicted your ignorance would be on display minutes after you accused me of ignorance.

Well, you were apparently unaware that the Senate has the right to remove him from office, so I found it surprising that you were able to proclaim that Trump would be impeached all on your own.

What are you going to do next? Tell us that water's wet?
BigSteve wrote:
Well, you were apparently unaware that the Senate has the right to remove him from office, so I found it surprising that you were able to proclaim that Trump would be impeached all on your own.

At best, you were sloppy, impeachment happens in the House, not the Senate.
late wrote:At best, you were sloppy, impeachment happens in the House, not the Senate.

I never said otherwise.

I was referring to separate things.

You said Trump will be impeached as though it's some grand prediction for which you had some special, inside knowledge which allowed you to reach such a conclusion.

He's going to be impeached because the douchebags on the left hate him, and for no other reason.

As for his removal from office, I was referring to your dishonestly titled thread saying that 500 "legal scholars" agreed that Trump should be removed from office. They said no such thing, and you're simply too chicken to admit that you were intentionally deceitful when titling your thread...
BigSteve wrote:

The very fact that you view yourself as "an intellectual" is funny as fuck...

Before the internet, I used to collect dictionaries. I still have most of them. I have a 3 volume library edition dictionary. Another 3 volume 100 year old dictionary that is fantastic for a lexicographical quickie. I have a dictionary of philosophy,a dictionary of historical terms, a classics dictionary, a dictionary of theories, and more.

Before the internet, knowing what you were talking about was work.
BigSteve wrote:
As for his removal from office, I was referring to your dishonestly titled thread saying that 500 "legal scholars" agreed that Trump should be removed from office. They said no such thing, and you're simply too chicken to admit that you were intentionally deceitful when titling your thread...

"More than 500 legal scholars have signed on to an open letter asserting that President Trump committed “impeachable conduct” and that lawmakers would be acting well within their rights if they ultimately voted to remove him from office...

“There is overwhelming evidence that President Trump betrayed his oath of office by seeking to use presidential power to pressure a foreign government to help him distort an American election, for his personal and political benefit, at the direct expense of national security interests as determined by Congress,” the group of professors wrote. “His conduct is precisely the type of threat to our democracy that the Founders feared when they included the remedy of impeachment in the Constitution.”

“Put simply, if a President cheats in his effort at re-election, trusting the democratic process to serve as a check through that election is no remedy at all,” the professors wrote. “That is what impeachment is for.”
late wrote:"More than 500 legal scholars have signed on to an open letter asserting that President Trump committed “impeachable conduct” and that lawmakers would be acting well within their rights if they ultimately voted to remove him from office...

“There is overwhelming evidence that President Trump betrayed his oath of office by seeking to use presidential power to pressure a foreign government to help him distort an American election, for his personal and political benefit, at the direct expense of national security interests as determined by Congress,” the group of professors wrote. “His conduct is precisely the type of threat to our democracy that the Founders feared when they included the remedy of impeachment in the Constitution.”

“Put simply, if a President cheats in his effort at re-election, trusting the democratic process to serve as a check through that election is no remedy at all,” the professors wrote. “That is what impeachment is for.”

You must really like failing.

In all of that is nothing which states the 500 "legal scholars" said Trump should be removed from office.

If it's there, please point it out...
late wrote:Before the internet, I used to collect dictionaries. I still have most of them. I have a 3 volume library edition dictionary. Another 3 volume 100 year old dictionary that is fantastic for a lexicographical quickie. I have a dictionary of philosophy,a dictionary of historical terms, a classics dictionary, a dictionary of theories, and more.

Collecting dictionaries doesn't make you an intellectual. It makes you someone with a lot of dictionaries...
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Every accusation is a confession Why sexual v[…]

Deliberately ignoring evidence showing IDF air str[…]

Indeed. It is strange, but they're all over the in[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ay43E94W58 :D […]