Trump has been impeached - Page 25 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15060086
BigSteve wrote:My comment was solely with regards to the level of care my doctor provides...


Sure.

Which is more important?

Preventing thousands of deaths annually from avoidable medical reasons, or making sure a few people do not need to leave their house sometimes?

We could stop pissing money away on foreign aid to shithole countries and shoveling money into wasteful programs for illegal aliens, too...


Sure.

But cutting defense funding would be easy and would not affect anything important.

I never made that claim.

If you're going to revert to blatant, overt dishonesty, this conversation is over...


So when you said that “no doctor in a government program is going to” “come to [your] house“, you were not claiming that doctors in government programs will not come to anyone’s house?
#15060089
Drlee wrote:But then there is something missing entirely from BS' arguments. He has yet to voice even the slightest concern for others who are literally dying because they do not have competent health care. For him and people like him they don't matter. It is a recurring theme in his posts.


Why should he care? He tells us on a regular basis how smart he is, that he is a rich boy and an all around success. Reminds me of someone who is shoved in our faces on a daily basis: Impeached President Trump initially issued inconsistent and unsubstantiated claims that General Suleimani was killed to prevent a big strike in which many Americans would have died. Don ended the charade on Monday when he tweeted that “it doesn’t really matter” . Left unsaid: "I am in deep shit up to my eyeballs and needed to resort to my tried and true method of creating chaos and lies to divert the attention of the dumb masses and take the pressure off of ME
#15060096
BigSteve wrote:Why should I be taken to a competent doctor when a competent doctor will come to me


Did you miss the reference to bulky equipment needed for diagnosis

You know, if we'd stop pissing money away on other unnecessary things I would probably be more concerned. But as long as the government hemorrhages money on needless bullshit, yeah, I'm not going to be a fan of having my taxes increased so they can give away more...


Starting with the wall on land they'll have to buy from unhappy land owners, then incarcerating innocent children separated from their parents at ridiculously high prices for rent and a guaranteed of being reared and educated at a charter school, Stateside , paid for by you, and so on



As I mentioned earlier, my doctor will come to my house in the middle of the night if I ask him to. No doctor in a government program is going to do that...


Horse feathers. The time I caught pneumonia my doctor told me to call him if I was ever that sick again, he'd come to me. Suspect he was as worried about a law suit as he was about me. In England you can pay more to guarantee home examination, but my aunt didnt want to pay for that service. She was rather like the neighbourhood social centre. Every morning, her kitchen was full of people, friends and neighbours. Her doctor, who worked at a small clinic, popped in a couple of times a week. Dr Liz would see anyone with a problem, including a few stroppy blokes (one was my great uncle Bob) who didn't like seeing a doctor. Liz knew these guys would benefit from the attention but they were reluctant to admit it. I've seen her snarling at these guys to get their rear-ends into the bedroom and prepare for an exam.
#15060099
Godstud wrote:@Sivad Bingo!!!

Unless you're a millionaire, Universal Healthcare is superior to privatized healthcare, and more affordable. If you're rich, what's a few thousand bucks?

Is it like stealing is superior to having money through working? Do you think stealinng is more affordable? Universal healthcare, state owned healthcare is theft. Government is stealing people's money to pay doctors bill.

Unlike your claim, private healthcare is superior to universal healthcare. In private healthcare, players compete with each other in order to remain afloat in the market. They have to charge an affordable price to keep running their business.

Robots are taking over healthcare and medicine. It will be no longer a privileged profession. Surgeons, pharmaceutical companies are all going to be replaced by robots.
User avatar
By Drlee
#15060101
Why should I be taken to a competent doctor when a competent doctor will come to me?


Because a "competent doctor" would never visit a fall victim's home because a "competent doctor" would not have the ability to correctly diagnose the results of a fall, such as a broken bone, concussion or severe soft tissue injury. Because a competent doctor, knowing that a patient fell, and not knowing why he/she fell in most cases, would not wait to have the person evaluated.

You see BS, there are things about fall injuries and the causes of falls that you do not understand.

Now I want to ask you this. You CLAIM to be a retired navy man. You have already claimed you do not want to go to the VA. Retirees need not go to the VA, have the option of a virtually 100% paid health care plan, and access to over 90% of the doctors in the country. (Your annual premium would be less than $300.00 per year.) Why do you not avail yourself of this? You now see why I do not believe you are a retired sailor. You can't buy a policy better than Tricare prime. You could throw your money away on a worse one but for less than $300.00 per year you would be an abject fool not to have it.

At Mecum last weekend I bought a Zagato Perana; cost me $118K. It won't go anywhere my Chevy Malibu won't. But I wanted it, I have the means, so I bought it.


Don't let Finfinder find out. He will accuse you of bragging. :roll:

As for the government regulating health care. The government already carefully regulates health care. What world do you live in anyway?
#15060109
Drlee wrote:Because a "competent doctor" would never visit a fall victim's home because a "competent doctor" would not have the ability to correctly diagnose the results of a fall, such as a broken bone, concussion or severe soft tissue injury. Because a competent doctor, knowing that a patient fell, and not knowing why he/she fell in most cases, would not wait to have the person evaluated.

You see BS, there are things about fall injuries and the causes of falls that you do not understand.


Wow.

Your reading comprehension blows. I never said a word about falling and getting hurt. Of course, in such a case, I would go to the ER.

What I did say, and what you would've understood had you not been blinded by this bizarre need you have to find fault in everything I say is "If I fall ill..."

Now, read that again: "IF I FALL ILL..."

See the difference?

I harbor no illusion that you possess the character to simply say "Oh, yeah, I fucked up", but it's clear you did...

You now see why I do not believe you are a retired sailor. You can't buy a policy better than Tricare prime. You could throw your money away on a worse one but for less than $300.00 per year you would be an abject fool not to have it.


I don't give a shit what you believe. Maybe if you actually mattered I would, but you don, so I don't.

An abject fool is the one who lets his wallet make his decisions for him.

But, you know, what ever works for you...
#15060113
Istanbuller wrote:Is it like stealing is superior to having money through working? Do you think stealinng is more affordable? Universal healthcare, state owned healthcare is theft. Government is stealing people's money to pay doctors bill.
Your taxation argument is a strawman argument, and Libertarian nonsense. It's also not based in reality.

Istanbuller wrote:Unlike your claim, private healthcare is superior to universal healthcare. In private healthcare, players compete with each other in order to remain afloat in the market. They have to charge an affordable price to keep running their business.
It doesn't work that way, however. It's more like a monopoly with little to no regulation. The only regulation that is occurring is that from the insurance companies, and Big Pharma, who are really in control of the market, not the "players".

Your claim also isn't supported by facts, either, as the best healthcare in the world is...



wait for it....



Universal Healthcare!!!



Countries like France, UK, Germany, France. etc., with their UHC, provide superior healthcare. USA comes in, with it's supposed "free market" healthcare, comes in at a lowly 37.
http://worldpopulationreview.com/countr ... the-world/


...or 19ths according to this American study
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countr ... are-system

They also do it at a lower price, showing that the free market healthcare is not making it any cheaper for you, as it's not simply something you can "shop around" for.

BigSteve wrote:An abject fool is the one who lets his wallet make his decisions for him.
How about one who makes decisions while ignoring all the facts?
User avatar
By Drlee
#15060120
I don't give a shit what you believe. Maybe if you actually mattered I would, but you don, so I don't.

An abject fool is the one who lets his wallet make his decisions for him.

But, you know, what ever works for you...



Yes you did say "fall ill".

Your anger is completely out of control. Here is some health advice for you. Calm down. Get under control. You are harming your health with your out of control temper.
#15060149
ingliz wrote:According to the GAO, the White House budget office violated the Impoundment Control Act, a 1974 law that limits the White House from withholding funds that Congress has appropriated.

The GAQ works for Congress as part of the legislative branch. The WH Budget Office works for the executive branch. The White House only delayed the funds and actually released the funds on September 12, which was better than two weeks prior to the September 30 deadline established by law. So no law was actually violated.
#15060151
Hindsite wrote:The GAQ works for Congress as part of the legislative branch. The WH Budget Office works for the executive branch. The White House only delayed the funds and actually released the funds on September 12, which was better than two weeks prior to the September 30 deadline established by law.

So no law was actually violated. President Trump will not be removed because the impeachment articles do not even state President Trump committed a high crime or misdemeanor.
#15060162
Drlee wrote:Yes you did say "fall ill".

Your anger is completely out of control. Here is some health advice for you. Calm down. Get under control. You are harming your health with your out of control temper.


Believe me when I say that you fall far short of being able to get me out of control.

In your head, anyone who disagrees with you is "out of control"...
#15060163
Drlee wrote:Yes you did say "fall ill".


So, which is it? Does your reading comprehension completely suck or are you so blinded by your sick need to take issue with anything I say that you're incapable of actually paying attention to what I say?

It can only be one of the two.

And I was absolutely correct. You lack the moral character to simply say "I fucked up"...
#15060169
I'm still lolling about Bigsteve's harrowing adventure through the Canadian medical system, where he had instant access to a doctor who treated him... immediately, and for free. Only through a chance meeting with an ex-cop turned doctor willing to break all the rules was BigSteve able to navigate the hellish world of socialized medicine. Like he met the renegade HVAC guy from Terry Gilliam's Brazil.

Show us on the doll where the doctor healed you, Bigsteve.

Again, that's assuming my doctor doesn't bail on medicine altogether and go into aviation (he's IFR rated). See, he and I have had this discussion, and that's exactly what he would do. Congratulations, idiot libs, you just forced one of the finest doctors in the world out of medicine...


My former black ops navy SEAL doctor who is certified for HALO skydives will just switch jobs if he sees even the smallest reduction in his earning potential. Maybe you don't have a former Mr. Universe as your primary physician, but I do.

Anyway, I would have died under socialist medicine that one time if I hadn't met a medical practitioner who worked for a socialist medicine system. Let me tell you about the time I received fast and free medical care in Canada and how it was the most horrible day of my life.
#15060178
My doctor is nowhere as accomplished as SO's doctor but he is a civil engineering undergrad so if the bridge washes out between me and he, he can build a bridge and get me to his office.

I admit that my doctor comes to my house too but then I have to make him chicken and his wife a steak to get them here. But then I guess, now that I think about it, doctors come to my house all of the time. And this morning I am going to go work in a medical clinic for homeless people. (Every doctor there the finest doctor in the entire cosmos except for Big Steve's.) The homeless people will not pay so I guess this is socialism. Or, maybe because there is no payment at all communism. OMG. The creeping communist peril right here in Arizona! We may just destroy the whole system this morning! Man the barricades.
#15060195
SpecialOlympian wrote:Only through a chance meeting with an ex-cop turned doctor willing to break all the rules was BigSteve able to navigate the hellish world of socialized medicine.


It's pathetic that libs like you have to resort to making up bullshit in their failed attempts to make mildly convincing arguments...
#15060196
jimjam wrote:Image


And yet idiot libs believe it was perfectly acceptable and normal that Hillary Clinton deleted e-mails, erased hard-drives and smashed cellular devices while she was being investigated.

Your stupid arguments fall on deaf ears...
#15060199
BigSteve wrote:And yet idiot libs believe it was perfectly acceptable and normal that Hillary Clinton deleted e-mails, erased hard-drives and smashed cellular devices while she was being investigated.

Your stupid arguments fall on deaf ears...

Thanks Large Guy for sharing your exceptional wisdom with moron Lib/socialist/ commies like myself. You offer us hope that someday we may join you on the same level of wealth, intelligence all around excellence. Be advised ,however, that a hard rule in this life is that what goes around comes around. If, at some future date, I happen upon you or Impeached President Trump eating out of the local dumpster, I will pause to donate a nickel.
#15060202
jimjam wrote:Thanks Large Guy for sharing your exceptional wisdom with moron Lib/socialist/ commies like myself. You offer us hope that someday we may join you on the same level of wealth, intelligence all around excellence. Be advised ,however, that a hard rule in this life is that what goes around comes around. If, at some future date, I happen upon you or Impeached President Trump eating out of the local dumpster, I will pause to donate a nickel.


Of course, the takeaway from your post is that you were completely unable to refute mine and, in realizing that, you recognized your own hypocrisy...
  • 1
  • 23
  • 24
  • 25
  • 26
  • 27
  • 40

Of all the war casualties, you care about this as[…]

Anders Tegnell - On Masks - The evidence for the […]

My reflections on 2020 AD

One of the political events that particularly str[…]

I think he did a good job for exposing it, but ch[…]