Jussie Smollett Re-indicted For Hate Hoax - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Sivad wrote::knife: prison is a little extreme for a victimless crime. He should just be made to cover the expenses of the investigation, given a heavy fine, and sentenced to a few thousand hours of community service working with people who actually are victims of violent crimes so he learns why it's wrong to hoax hate crimes and tell crazy fucking lies.

If he was a Republican like roger Stone they would want 9 to 10 years.
Rancid wrote:I agree ,we need to go back to the days where black people were scared to speak up and would sit on the back of the bus. We need blacks to be good and quiet, and know their place.

Trying to compare this to Rosa Parks is pathetic. Her protest was right and warranted. She knew her protest would have serious ramifications. She knew she would be arrested and charged.

Smollet, on the other hand, didn't protest at all. He lied about being attacked by white guys, hoping to prey on the sympathies of whoever it is who signs his paycheck. He was selfish and manipulative.

Only whites should be allowed to protest.

What Smollet did was not a protest. If he thought he should've been getting paid more, he should've picked up a sign and protested outside the Fox Entertainment offices. THAT would've been a protest.

What he ended up doing, however, was not.

You seem to be choosing to believe that blacks have absolutely nothing to protest about.

What Smollet did was not a protest.

Although I'm sure you have members of this community that are stupid and protesting about things that are unjustified (like Jussie).

There is plenty of stuff that is totally justifiable and right for them to be "shouting" about. You allow your biases to take over and simply believe because Jussie is a moron, all blacks are, and have nothing to protest about.

How does putting him in jail help anyone (except the for profit prison system)?

I don't care if it helps anyone. He should be punished, and that punishment should be more than just a slap on the wrist, community service and a fine.
Finfinder wrote:If he was a Republican like roger Stone they would want 9 to 10 years.

This is a giant leap.

Further, the data does not support this claim. There is plenty of data showing that for the same crime, and the same criminal history. Blacks are given harsher punishments than white.

Clearly, you live in a lala-land.
The Mariner wrote:What Smollet did was not a protest.

I never said he was protesting. Go look at YOUR posts. You not me suggested that blacks are always "shouting" (i.e. protesting). I was responding that that generalization you made. I was not talking about Jussie. You are a hot mess logically speaking. You make a generalize statement, I respond to the general statement, but then you jump back down to this specific case with his different from your generalization.

You are not following a clear logical path here, you are all over the place.

This is why I know you are BigSteve. ;)
The Mariner wrote:Trying to compare this to Rosa Parks is pathetic. Her...

So what general point where you trying to make about blacks shouting then? So far you are all over the place.

Are we talking about blacks in general, or Jussie? Which is it? You are confounding both here, which is a sign that you do not know how to think properly. One is general, another is specific, and there is always nuance in between, when you seem incapable of understanding.

When you are shown your own logical flaws, you tend to jump to something else to try and obfuscate your shit logical thinking skills.

Again, you are BigSteve, and I'm thinking of requesting to have you banned. You're a weak bitch with no honor. You that can't even apologize to get his original account re-instated. If I know you well enough, you're going to bitch out and focus on the fact I just called you a bitch, so that you don't have accept or address the logical flaws you've presented thus far. That's because you are a little punk bitch.
Rancid wrote:So what general point where you trying to make about blacks shouting then? So far you are all over the place.

Are we talking about blacks in general, or Jussie? Which is it? You are confounding both here, which is a sign that you do not know how to think properly. One is general, another is specific, and there is always nuance in between, when you seem incapable of understanding.

Okay, I gotcha'.

Yes, there is plenty of "wrong" in this world for blacks to shout about. Their complaints are valid and, if they deem it appropriate, they should protest to voice their concerns.

But Smollet wasn't protesting. He wasn't even close to protesting.

Anyone who thinks he was is stupid.
Not like I give a shit whether Smollett is sent to jail or not, but what is preventing someone else from doing likewise if he isn't punished? I wouldn't call this case a "hurting no one" case. It hurted the MeToo movement and race relations in America. It galvanised the Trumpist and questioned the integrity of just a statement. And all this for a payrise. I remember reading once a white woman was sentenced for 8 years in America for claiming she and her daughter was kidnapped by a black man so she could go to Disney World. In theory that case hurt nobody. But it stirs up racial tensions so it actually does. And for consistency if that case warrants a jail sentence so does this case.
Sivad wrote:he made a false police report, that's not a violent crime on its face. You'd have to show that he caused actual harm to someone to justify incarceraton. He does deserve punishment but we shouldn't be vindictive about it.

Vernon Stevens.

He was arrested in New York City last month for shouting at a Jewish couple and calling them "Fucking Jews!"

He was charged with aggravated harassment and a hate crime. From what I can tell, it looks like he could go to prison for a year, yet there was no violence. No one was actually harmed.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/18/man-arrested-for-abusing-jewish-couple-in-midtown-hate-crime/
Rancid wrote:This is a giant leap.

Further, the data does not support this claim. There is plenty of data showing that for the same crime, and the same criminal history. Blacks are given harsher punishments than white.

Clearly, you live in a lala-land.

What is a giant leap? @Sivad was saying Smollet's crime is non violent. So was Roger Stones. I wasn't thinking about race. It is also not a giant leap to tie Smollet and Stone because of the politics of the two issues. Smollett is the one guilty of trying to use race to bait the false political narrative. It was the attorney general who swept the case under the rug because of political bias.

Ironically if you want to fight for the injustice of the unjust jailing of blacks I can't think of a worse thing to do than what Smollet and Kim Foxx did . Do you not agree?
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I think future vice-president Kushner has the fact[…]

As someone that pays very close attention to Amer[…]

I (still) have a dream

...Kids don't need to drive anywhere to play with[…]

Jared Kushner is inspired by the real estate pote[…]