How Republicans will cheat their way to a win - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
blackjack21 wrote:The Democrats are going to lose, because Trump promised and delivered on something the majority of voters have wanted for 20+ years. The Democratic reaction has been to promise everything to everybody on the one hand and bash Trump the rest of the time. The over the top response to Trump has been basically a loss of credibility for the Democratic party. @late simply cannot accept that Trump is likely to win because he is simply more popular in a larger swath of the country.

Basically, yes. Americans want American imperialism, that's what Trump and Republicans are offering, and standing by the promise too. This is precisely why Trump will win. Still, it takes a certain amount of cheating to make that happen. Empires are build on cheating and swindling. :)
late wrote:1) They try to rig elections. That is a fact. They flat out stole the recent Georgia election. That was as subtle as a sledgehammer hitting your face.

Now they're running Mike Bloomberg in the Democratic Presidential primary to make damn sure there is no wealth tax. :lol: It's epic. I guess you'll point out that Hillary used to be a Republican next, and note how she stole the election from Sanders too.

late wrote:2) Alt-reality. Look at the several hundred pages in the VRA re-authorisation to start. Look at Red Map:
"While the term “gerrymander” has been around since the early years of the republic, computer technology and big money have allowed governors and legislatures to perfect the process in ways that have never before been imagined, according to Daley. The same technology that allows Amazon to figure out who buys what in any home on a given block now allows party officials to do the same with elections.

Gerrymandering has nothing to do with preventing black people from voting. Nice try at changing the subject.

late wrote:The operation, called REDMAP (Redistricting Majority Project), was never a secret. Karl Rove outlined what they planned to do in the Wall Street Journal...With control of many state governments in place, Republicans launched the second phase. Using sophisticated software such as Maptitude, GOP operatives crafted favorable districts filled with conservative white voters...What Daley makes clear is that ruthless partisan gerrymandering is not good for democracy"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html

The Democrats held a majority in the House of Representatives for 40 straight years doing this. It's nothing the Democrats haven't done before.

late wrote:3) 53% disapproval..
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6179.html

He won with 37% approval. The numbers aren't that meaningful.

late wrote:The report comes as Republican-led states impose a range of other restrictions, from shorter voting hours to photo-ID requirements.

Every democracy in Europe requires photo IDs to ensure only citizens are voting and they are only voting once per election. We should have that here too.

Rancid wrote:Basically, yes. Americans want American imperialism, that's what Trump and Republicans are offering, and standing by the promise too. This is precisely why Trump will win. Still, it takes a certain amount of cheating to make that happen. Empires are build on cheating and swindling. :)

They are not asking for empire. They are asking to keep illegal aliens out and to prevent product dumping and currency manipulation from trading partners and ensuring that when they put up barriers to entry for our products, we do the same to them. That's why Trump is winning. This weekend he took the presidential limosine for an opening lap at the Daytona 500--the kind of people that used to be Democrats but are now looked down upon by Democrats.

As someone who wants Trump to win, I find it reassuring that you folks still don't get it. I also find it a bit dumbfounding, because you people aren't totally stupid. I figure @late is just a shill who will participate here through the election cycle, and probably fade out after inauguration day. Some of you veterans though, it's a bit perplexing.
blackjack21 wrote:

1) Gerrymandering has nothing to do with preventing black people from voting. Nice try at changing the subject.

2) It's nothing the Democrats haven't done before.

3) He won with 37% approval. The numbers aren't that meaningful.

4) I figure @late is just a shill who will participate here through the election cycle, and probably fade out after inauguration day.

1) Learn how to read. Republicans have more dirty tricks than Carter has Little Liver pills. I mention some of them in the thread.

2) Says right there in the post this hadn't been done before. Helps if you can read... This is a combination of tactics designed to lock down Republican rule forever.

3) They have meaning, if putting them in context isn't something you need to avoid.

4) I joined a long time ago. I had another forum that was a lot smaller, but it didn't get professional trolls. I came here because the Mod there went a little nuts. Anyway, I've been doing political discussion, in one forum or another, for over 20 years.

But... I do love it when you project your self-perception all over the place. Looks like you know what you are.
Patrickov wrote:Frankly the discussion is not going anywhere.

What I see is, everyday, a certain anti-Trump / anti-Republican person posts something, either based on facts or pure theory, that how he believes the Russians or Republicans has been or are going to ruin the United States.

After that, his opponents eagerly jump out to accuse him, or those he supports / apparently sides with, of hypocrisy / dishonesty / exaggeration / etc.

However, neither side seem interested in making arguments around events and points, and rather focus their arguments around personal attacks, with the pro-Republican / pro-Trump side even more so. Sometimes it's just a phrasing matter -- making a sentence's subject different can already make a difference.

IMHO it is better to ignore some statements if they have to be refuted with personal attack.

It's not like they have any policy to discuss or any accomplishments in the last three years so they might as well troll.
To your point why argue with dishonest people it never gets you anywhere and that may be to only thing the leftist have accomplished is making sure they have no credibility. That and they need to look up the definiton of projection.
Finfinder wrote:
That and they need to look up the definiton of projection.

Psychological projection is a defence mechanism in which the human ego defends itself against unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

You can run, but you can't hide.
blackjack21 wrote: They are asking to...

To be clear, less than half of the voting public asked for that.

blackjack21 wrote:As someone who wants Trump to win, I find it reassuring that you folks still don't get it.

I think a lot of people do get it, just don't agree. However, Trump will win for many reasons, and it's not because people "don't get it"
late wrote:Psychological projection is a defence mechanism in which the human ego defends itself against unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

You can run, but you can't hide.

Sure just make an actual argument point by point where I am projecting.

BTW not hiding winning
Almost 200 federal judge appointments and Trump is peeling off enough black and brown voters you can rest assure you have 4 more years .
Finfinder wrote:
Trump is peeling off enough black and brown voters you can rest assure you have 4 more years.

That is so delusional one can only conclude that it's a really lame attempt to discourage people.

Blacks are painfully aware of what is basically a Republican war against them. I'd be surprised if Trump got the 8% he did last time.
late wrote:That is so delusional one can only conclude that it's a really lame attempt to discourage people.

Blacks are painfully aware of what is basically a Republican war against them. I'd be surprised if Trump got the 8% he did last time.

How can you conclude that? The record low black unemployment rates?
Finfinder wrote:
How can you conclude that? The record low black unemployment rates?

Maybe it's the things they say. You know, if one actually listens to them instead of making shit up.

"The findings come from a Washington Post-Ipsos poll of African Americans nationwide, which reveals fears about whether their children will have a fair shot to succeed and a belief that white Americans don’t fully appreciate the discrimination that black people experience.

More than 8 in 10 black Americans say they believe Trump is a racist and that he has made racism a bigger problem in the country. Nine in 10 disapprove of his job performance overall.

The pessimism goes well beyond assessments of the president. A 65 percent majority of African Americans say it is a “bad time” to be a black person in America. That view is widely shared by clear majorities of black adults across income, generational and political lines."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/black-americans-deeply-pessimistic-about-country-under-president-who-more-than-8-in-10-describe-as-a-racist-post-ipsos-poll-finds/2020/01/16/134b705c-37de-11ea-bb7b-265f4554af6d_story.html
late wrote:Helps if you can read... This is a combination of tactics designed to lock down Republican rule forever.

Sure. Then, McCain and Kennedy tried to work together to pass amnesty and the Republicans lost both houses of Congress in 2006, and didn't gain them back until Democrats passed ObamaCare on a party line vote, ramming it through on budget reconciliation. So much for tactics if you've got shit for strategy.

At any rate, it's interesting that you are anticipating Republicans cheating while even Democrats are more concerned about Democrats cheating.

How do you feel about Citizens United now? A lot of Democrats have sold out to Bloomberg already. I think this is riotously funny.

Conservative Tucker Carlson also deplores money in politics and accuses Bloomberg of cheating. I don't agree. Bloomberg has the right to spend his money any way he sees fit.

Bloomberg swamping the race with cash on the Democratic side has got to be the funniest parody of an ostensibly working class party I've ever seen.
blackjack21 wrote:
At any rate, it's interesting that you are anticipating Republicans cheating while even Democrats are more concerned about Democrats cheating.

You need to take a class to learn how to read, seriously.

You can't anticipate something that has already happened.

We'll deal with Bloomberg. Shame you can't do the same.
late wrote:Maybe it's the things they say. You know, if one actually listens to them instead of making shit up.

"The findings come from a Washington Post-Ipsos poll of African Americans nationwide, which reveals fears about whether their children will have a fair shot to succeed and a belief that white Americans don’t fully appreciate the discrimination that black people experience.

More than 8 in 10 black Americans say they believe Trump is a racist and that he has made racism a bigger problem in the country. Nine in 10 disapprove of his job performance overall.

The pessimism goes well beyond assessments of the president. A 65 percent majority of African Americans say it is a “bad time” to be a black person in America. That view is widely shared by clear majorities of black adults across income, generational and political lines."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/black-americans-deeply-pessimistic-about-country-under-president-who-more-than-8-in-10-describe-as-a-racist-post-ipsos-poll-finds/2020/01/16/134b705c-37de-11ea-bb7b-265f4554af6d_story.html

The Washington Post said the Russians were coming for three years and you believed that too. I guess some people are still that gullible. LOL
blackjack21 wrote:How do you feel about Citizens United now? A lot of Democrats have sold out to Bloomberg already. I think this is riotously funny.

Dude, all Democrats and Republicans are dirty sellouts, including yourself.
late wrote:Seven counties in Georgia now have only one polling place, the report found."
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1VV09J
https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/precincts-have-closed-across-georgia-and-nation-since-court-ruling/ecgFnCOcs46mJkpXehwm2L/

The true story is that no polling places in Georgia were actually closed after an independent consultant recommended a consolidation by closing seven of the county's nine voting locations, saying the seven polling places in question did't comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act by being wheelchair accessible.

Georgia county scraps plan to close most polling places
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/geo ... es-n903691
Hindsite wrote:
The true story is that no polling places in Georgia were actually closed after an independent consultant recommended a consolidation by closing seven of the county's nine voting locations, saying the seven polling places in question did't comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act by being wheelchair accessible.

Georgia county scraps plan to close most polling places
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/geo ... es-n903691

The true story is they hired a consultant to tell them it was ok.

When they faced opposition, and the potential for a court case that might prevent some future attempts to suppress the vote, they backed down.

If this was a one off, you might have a point if you got really drunk first. But with over a century of that sort of thing. you've got a track record, and it is ugly.
Finfinder wrote:
The Washington Post said the Russians were coming for three years and you believed that too. I guess some people are still that gullible.

WAPO, our intel agencies, the intel agencies of several other governments and...

wait for it...

Putin took a victory lap after the election.

Now those other governments have shiny new cyberdefense programs, and there is a cyberdefense tournament every year where a bunch of teams come to defend against simulated Russian attacks.

You need lies that are at least vaguely plausible.
late wrote:The true story is they hired a consultant to tell them it was ok.

When they faced opposition, and the potential for a court case that might prevent some future attempts to suppress the vote, they backed down.

If this was a one off, you might have a point if you got really drunk first. But with over a century of that sort of thing. you've got a track record, and it is ugly.

The track record is that of fake political news coverage from the left-wing crazies.
HalleluYah
Hindsite wrote:
The track record is that of fake political news coverage from the left-wing crazies.

In the last election:

Brian Kemp is Georgia’s governor due to one of the most controversial elections in recent memory. As secretary of state since 2010, he had eight years to winnow the electorate to his liking before November 2018, and did so by purging 1.4 million voters...
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/12/georgia-voter-suppression-under-kemp.html

"But there was one little-discussed election rule that had disenfranchised thousands of people in the 7th District, throughout Georgia and in states across the country in 2018. This rule hadn't just barred people from voting on Election Day; it had disenfranchised them four weeks earlier...an APM Reports investigation has found that 87,000 Georgians were barred from voting in 2018 because they'd registered after the deadline.

National experts who have studied the issue say that registration deadlines don't necessarily make elections more secure, as proponents claim, but they are a useful tool for preventing people from voting"
https://www.apmreports.org/story/2019/1 ... 0-election

"Kemp, who is running for governor against Democrat Stacey Abrams, says his actions comply with a 2017 state law that requires voter registration information to match exactly with data from the Department of Motor Vehicles or Social Security Administration.

The law disproportionately affects black and Latino voters, say the civil rights groups who brought the lawsuit.

As a scholar of African-American history, I recognize an old story in this new electoral controversy.

Georgia, like many southern states, has suppressed black voters ever since the 15th Amendment gave African-American men the right to vote in 1870.

The tactics have simply changed over time."
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/georgia-election-fight-shows-that-black-voter-suppression-a-southern-tradition-still-flourishes

You are lying about 150 years of history. Those are just examples, there's lots more racist cheating where they came from.

1 The great settlement withdrawal that Israelis […]

As someone that pays very close attention to Amer[…]

I (still) have a dream

...Kids don't need to drive anywhere to play with[…]

Jared Kushner is inspired by the real estate pote[…]