How Republicans will cheat their way to a win - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15068323
late wrote:In the last election:

Brian Kemp is Georgia’s governor due to one of the most controversial elections in recent memory. As secretary of state since 2010, he had eight years to winnow the electorate to his liking before November 2018, and did so by purging 1.4 million voters...
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/12/georgia-voter-suppression-under-kemp.html

"But there was one little-discussed election rule that had disenfranchised thousands of people in the 7th District, throughout Georgia and in states across the country in 2018. This rule hadn't just barred people from voting on Election Day; it had disenfranchised them four weeks earlier...an APM Reports investigation has found that 87,000 Georgians were barred from voting in 2018 because they'd registered after the deadline.

National experts who have studied the issue say that registration deadlines don't necessarily make elections more secure, as proponents claim, but they are a useful tool for preventing people from voting"
https://www.apmreports.org/story/2019/1 ... 0-election

"Kemp, who is running for governor against Democrat Stacey Abrams, says his actions comply with a 2017 state law that requires voter registration information to match exactly with data from the Department of Motor Vehicles or Social Security Administration.

The law disproportionately affects black and Latino voters, say the civil rights groups who brought the lawsuit.

As a scholar of African-American history, I recognize an old story in this new electoral controversy.

Georgia, like many southern states, has suppressed black voters ever since the 15th Amendment gave African-American men the right to vote in 1870.

The tactics have simply changed over time."
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/georgia-election-fight-shows-that-black-voter-suppression-a-southern-tradition-still-flourishes

You are lying about 150 years of history. Those are just examples, there's lots more racist cheating where they came from.

I have no personal knowledge of what happened in Georgia before my time. All I know is that there was no Republican cheating in the last election in Georgia.
#15068345
Hindsite wrote:
I have no personal knowledge of what happened in Georgia before my time.

All I know is that there was no Republican cheating in the last election in Georgia.



So you live in Georgia and have never heard of the KKK or Jim Crow? That's amazing...

Except the facts say you are full of it, both before and after you were born.
#15068366
I don't think Bloomberg's into win. He's into secure the interests of Jewish supremacists I suspect he wants to cut a deal with some sell out candidate to ensure that Israel's interests continue to dominate American foreign policy. That means cuddling up to Saudi Arabia, supporting their war in Yemen and keeping an occupation force in Syria and Iraq against the wishes of the majority of their people's.

If Sanders wins the nomination its a big problem for Jewish supremacists, not just because he might win the Presidency, but because they need to keep the pressure up on Trump. Trumps been willing to go for the easy headlines, ending the Iran deal, recognising Jerusalem and the Golan heights,being chummy with Saudis, making the token missile strike against Assad and assassinating Qassem Soleimani, but he seems to have no interest in spending the blood and treasure on permanent occupation of Iraq and Syria, or risking nuclear war with Russia in order to get them to back out of the Middle East.

This is why the Republican establishment and the deep state continually undermine Trump, encouraged perpetual investigation into him, even if they don't actually remove him. Its only by keeping Trump insecure that Jewish supremacists can maintain some kind of manipulative control over him.
#15068367
Hindsite wrote:The true story is that no polling places in Georgia were actually closed after an independent consultant recommended a consolidation by closing seven of the county's nine voting locations, saying the seven polling places in question did't comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act by being wheelchair accessible.

That's a riot. Now @late can blame it all on George H.W. Bush, because the fact it was passed by a Democratic Congress led by George Mitchell (somehow tied to Jeffry Epstein) and Jim Wright will never register in his mind at all. :lol:

late wrote:But with over a century of that sort of thing. you've got a track record, and it is ugly.

The ADA was passed by a Democratic Congress. It seems to be consistently a Democratic Party issue.

late wrote:Now those other governments have shiny new cyberdefense programs, and there is a cyberdefense tournament every year where a bunch of teams come to defend against simulated Russian attacks.

You mean people really like Hillary Clinton, but the Russians tricked them into voting for Trump?

late wrote:Georgia, like many southern states, has suppressed black voters ever since the 15th Amendment gave African-American men the right to vote in 1870.

The tactics have simply changed over time."
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/g ... flourishes

You are lying about 150 years of history. Those are just examples, there's lots more racist cheating where they came from.

Democrats didn't allow blacks to vote in the Georgia primaries until 1960. We're pretty well aware of the history @late. It's just that it comes from the Democrats.
#15068374
blackjack21 wrote:
Democrats didn't allow blacks to vote in the Georgia primaries until 1960. We're pretty well aware of the history @late. It's just that it comes from the Democrats.



Those racists have been Republican since 1968. You might want to own that half century.

And they're still stealing elections.
#15068377
blackjack21 wrote:That's a riot. Now @late can blame it all on George H.W. Bush, because the fact it was passed by a Democratic Congress led by George Mitchell (somehow tied to Jeffry Epstein) and Jim Wright will never register in his mind at all. :lol:


The ADA was passed by a Democratic Congress. It seems to be consistently a Democratic Party issue.


You mean people really like Hillary Clinton, but the Russians tricked them into voting for Trump?


Democrats didn't allow blacks to vote in the Georgia primaries until 1960. We're pretty well aware of the history @late. It's just that it comes from the Democrats.


You know you love Hillary BJ....you know you love her, she is the woman of your dreams, the Hillary woman is for you....

Hillary for BJ...having fun in the sun with Hillary....

La Hillary es tu AMOR a primera vista! ;) :D
#15068493
late wrote:So you live in Georgia and have never heard of the KKK or Jim Crow? That's amazing...

Except the facts say you are full of it, both before and after you were born.

I am not aware of any KKK in Georgia today. I didn't become a resident of Georgia until I retired at Ft. Gordon, GA from the U.S. Army in 1984. From what I have seen, those seem to me to be just excuses for losing an election. There are many Blacks in elected offices all over Georgia. There may be more elected Blacks here than any other state.
#15068560
Hindsite wrote:
I am not aware of any KKK in Georgia today.

From what I have seen, those seem to me to be just excuses for losing an election.



My comment referred to the history of the KKK, which you do know about. Everybody does.

So kicking over a million people off the voter rolls, and all the other dirty tricks they pull, you're simply gonna ignore all that.

See no evil, hear no evil...
#15068568
late wrote:
My comment referred to the history of the KKK, which you do know about. Everybody does.

So kicking over a million people off the voter rolls, and all the other dirty tricks they pull, you're simply gonna ignore all that.

See no evil, hear no evil...


Maybe the reason is he is affiliated to KKK himself and therefore has to evade all these?

Edit: I have no problem with anyone here having that affiliation.
#15068580
Patrickov wrote:Maybe the reason is he is affiliated to KKK himself and therefore has to evade all these?

Edit: I have no problem with anyone here having that affiliation.


Well I do Patrickov.

I have an African American son and I had to pull him out of his high school which he loved and send him out of state because the next door neighbor dude had a friend who was a White Aryan Resistance Skinhead fuck and he threatened to kill my son who did nothing. Just because he was a male black teen in a semi gentrifying neighborhood. And his asshole friend selling pot in Colorado got his garage vandalized and like the racist idiot he was automatically assumed the black kid next door living with the Mexican illegal aliens DID THE CRIME. So he sent his white power buddy over to our house to accuse our son of stealing his shit. Threw a beverage in my husband's face and called our son a thief and that my husband approved of stealing and thought it smart to throw a beverage in a Puerto Rican man's face....

That was a mistake. I got a beef with these KKK/White Power assholes who see a black person and think they are thieves, and criminals without even letting the cops investigate. They then think that a bunch of Spanish speakers are all illegal Mexicans and that we are scared of their cowardly stupid shit.

I got a beef with them. You don't Patrickov? Go and join one of those groups....see how long you last with their dumb ass hatred shit living next to you?
#15068602
Tainari88 wrote:
Well I do Patrickov.

I have an African American son and I had to pull him out of his high school which he loved and send him out of state because the next door neighbor dude had a friend who was a White Aryan Resistance Skinhead fuck and he threatened to kill my son who did nothing. Just because he was a male black teen in a semi gentrifying neighborhood. And his asshole friend selling pot in Colorado got his garage vandalized and like the racist idiot he was automatically assumed the black kid next door living with the Mexican illegal aliens DID THE CRIME. So he sent his white power buddy over to our house to accuse our son of stealing his shit. Threw a beverage in my husband's face and called our son a thief and that my husband approved of stealing and thought it smart to throw a beverage in a Puerto Rican man's face....

That was a mistake. I got a beef with these KKK/White Power assholes who see a black person and think they are thieves, and criminals without even letting the cops investigate. They then think that a bunch of Spanish speakers are all illegal Mexicans and that we are scared of their cowardly stupid shit.

I got a beef with them. You don't Patrickov? Go and join one of those groups....see how long you last with their dumb ass hatred shit living next to you?


1. I can be pretty racist myself, although not in favour of my own race, unlike most other racists.

2. I oppose bringing racist thoughts into action "unless necessary". It is my rights freedom to view some races superior to others, especially the said bias is based on my personal experience, but I also believe that exceptions exist (or what I see is instead the exception or even false).

3. My guess of a certain Religious member being a KKK member is at least partly joke / not a serious matter.
#15068610
Patrickov wrote:1. I can be pretty racist myself, although not in favour of my own race, unlike most other racists.

2. I oppose bringing racist thoughts into action "unless necessary". It is my rights freedom to view some races superior to others, especially the said bias is based on my personal experience, but I also believe that exceptions exist (or what I see is instead the exception or even false).

3. My guess of a certain Religious member being a KKK member is at least partly joke / not a serious matter.


Like most people from the Caribbean islands I am racially mixed. I guess I look European or all white on the outside to a bunch of foolish people. But genetically I am racially mixed. I know for sure I have Syrian DNA, Moroccan DNA, Arawak DNA, Lithuanian DNA, and Kenyan DNA and who knows what else. I never tested but my full blown sister did get tested. The results are typical of Puerto Ricans from a Southern Spanish background, along with Caribbean tendencies of having Native Arawak people and African ancestry people. Though it looks like my Kenyan ancestor being East African and not Western African was a likely free black person and not slave one.

I love all races. I love to learn about new cultures. New people and places. I find all the diversity in people on Earth fascinating. I love the Irish, the Italian, the French, the Senegalese, the Ghanan and so on and so forth, all people and all races and their beautiful human cultures. I enjoy diversity of all sorts. For me difference is the spice of life. For most people it is too, because no one likes to eat the same damn meal every day or watch the same movies and do the same thing forever and ever amen. No. Having access to many cultures and ways of thinking is not only stimulating, fun and great for intellectual and spiritual and emotional growth? But essential to living a fulfilling life.

Most prisoners miss seeing women and children if they are always with adult males for decades and decades. They want diversity. Of gender and age and thoughts. All of us enjoy that.

Feeling racist is foolish in my opnion. Why do you want to limit your own freedoms? People should be true to human nature. The nature of humankind is freedom. Not limitations. Be true to your human nature. Choose variation and diversity and don't allow racist thoughts to limit who you become friends with, marry or love.

Exercise your humanity to its maximum expression. Choose diversity. In life. And in society. You don't have to share the same language, culture and ethnic background with someone to find something one loves about that individual. I would not fall in love with just any old man in my own group. I have to love the individual. His 'race' has very little to do with it.

That is the way I see it Patrickov.
#15068707
late wrote:My comment referred to the history of the KKK, which you do know about. Everybody does.

So kicking over a million people off the voter rolls, and all the other dirty tricks they pull, you're simply gonna ignore all that.

See no evil, hear no evil...

I know a little about the history of the KKK. Democrat Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia served in the United States Congress from 1952 to 2010, making him one of the longest serving U.S. Senators in American history. Before he became a Democrat Congressman, he was a high-ranking member of the Ku Klux Klan. So what does that prove? Maybe that a person can have a change of heart and that past history does not rule the present.

There have been many people that have died, moved away to other states, or for other reasons should be taken off the voter rolls in Georgia to maintain the integrity of the system. Voter ID is necessary to insure the person voting is not casting an illegal vote. It just makes common sense. It has nothing to do with racism.
#15068773
Hindsite wrote:
I know a little about the history of the KKK. Democrat Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia served in the United States Congress from 1952 to 2010, making him one of the longest serving U.S. Senators in American history. Before he became a Democrat Congressman, he was a high-ranking member of the Ku Klux Klan. So what does that prove? Maybe that a person can have a change of heart and that past history does not rule the present.

There have been many people that have died, moved away to other states, or for other reasons should be taken off the voter rolls in Georgia to maintain the integrity of the system. Voter ID is necessary to insure the person voting is not casting an illegal vote. It just makes common sense. It has nothing to do with racism.



Byrd did have a change of heart. Republicans are the racists now, and they are doing racist things. "Facts are stubborn things."

"The intent makes the crime." Most states handle voter ID without using it to steal votes from their minorities. One state makes voter registration automatic. As Judge Posner wrote in a case about this, this is clearly racist.

“There is only one motivation for imposing burdens on voting that are ostensibly designed to discourage voter-impersonation fraud,” Posner wrote, “…and that is to discourage voting by persons likely to vote against the party responsible for imposing the burdens.”

Not rocket science, it's fucked up, and it's fucked up for the same reason it got fucked up 150 years ago.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/arti ... out-fraud/
#15068943
late wrote:Byrd did have a change of heart. Republicans are the racists now, and they are doing racist things. "Facts are stubborn things."

"The intent makes the crime." Most states handle voter ID without using it to steal votes from their minorities. One state makes voter registration automatic. As Judge Posner wrote in a case about this, this is clearly racist.

“There is only one motivation for imposing burdens on voting that are ostensibly designed to discourage voter-impersonation fraud,” Posner wrote, “…and that is to discourage voting by persons likely to vote against the party responsible for imposing the burdens.”

Not rocket science, it's fucked up, and it's fucked up for the same reason it got fucked up 150 years ago.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/arti ... out-fraud/

The guy must be a racist Democrat partisan.
#15068949
Hindsite wrote:
The guy must be a racist Democrat partisan.



Posner is a conservative Republican (old school Republican, doesn't lie). I used to read the Becker Posner blog, mostly for Becker, but I'd always look at Posner's posts. I often disagreed, but the guy sometimes got to the heart of a situation in a way that would never have occurred to me.

He's at his best in complicated business cases that give him a chance to show off his knowledge of economics.

You are so out of your depth.



https://www.becker-posner-blog.com/
#15068954
late wrote:Posner is a conservative Republican (old school Republican, doesn't lie). I used to read the Becker Posner blog, mostly for Becker, but I'd always look at Posner's posts. I often disagreed, but the guy sometimes got to the heart of a situation in a way that would never have occurred to me.

He's at his best in complicated business cases that give him a chance to show off his knowledge of economics.

You are so out of your depth.

https://www.becker-posner-blog.com/

Apparently, he never heard about those dead people in Texas voting for LBJ during one of his close early Senate races. The photo ID is very necessary for fair elections. Anyone that wants to prevent cheating should have no problem with requiring a photo ID to vote. So, if he is not an idiot, then he must be a crook.
#15068959
Hindsite wrote:
Apparently, he never heard about those dead people in Texas voting for LBJ during one of his close early Senate races. The photo ID is very necessary for fair elections. Anyone that wants to prevent cheating should have no problem with requiring a photo ID to vote. So, if he is not an idiot, then he must be a crook.



It's one of many ways Republicans suppress minority voting.


When a judge demanded Virginia show him cases of illegal voting, the state had to admit, in open court, that they didn't have a single case to show the judge.

You have a solution, what you don't have is a problem. Well, that's not true. You are the problem.
#15068964
late wrote:It's one of many ways Republicans suppress minority voting.


When a judge demanded Virginia show him cases of illegal voting, the state had to admit, in open court, that they didn't have a single case to show the judge.

You have a solution, what you don't have is a problem. Well, that's not true. You are the problem.

One problem is not requiring a photo ID for every voter. :lol:

Double post

You and your establishment nonsense. It is time yo[…]

Eh Rich, you're 4 years late. There's a couple o[…]

Am I racist in your opinion?

@layman , you can hate the bl**dy French all day […]